November 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms thread for the week of March 6

Re: Randoms thread for the week of March 6

• Options
    @heatherdubrow find anything good?? I just got an email from my favorite consignment store, that happens to have a great maternity section, with a coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase. And it sounds like I might be buying some maternity clothes soon too lol

I don't really know where to put this, so I'm just going to say it here... my midwife seems to have a very laid back approach to betas. They did a draw today, and she wants to bring me back for one more just in case there is some discrepancy between their lab and the endo's lab where I had my first draw. But she wanted the appointment for a WEEK from today. According to her calculations, I'll be 5w6 then. Why wait so long? And I didn't think anyone still relied on betas by 6 weeks. Obviously she knows more about this than I do, I just found it strange. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ArtificialRed yes way too many things!! So excited for maternity pants
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of Jane.com? I bought some blouses that can be used as maternity shirts. They were very cheap. I scored 3 shirts for less than $40.....SCORE!

• Options
    @janvier112 omg this is us  <3:'(

• Options
    A few days ago I bought some more of my favorite Old Navy maternity tanks and a pair of maternity shorts. They came today! Between pregnancy and nursing my old ones were destroyed, so I'm a little excited. :lol: Plus I got them for 40% off!
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @janvier112 is it a new episode tonight? 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow yes and the season finale is next week
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @janvier112 thanks! On the west coast here so it doesn't start for another hour. Ugh I don't know if these hormones can take it! :cry:

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options

@heatherdubrow I've ordered maternity clothes already. There was a sale.

I subbed for a third grade class today and they were doing powerpoint presentations for Black History Month. Parents were invited to come and I had to console a girl who was destroyed when her mom said she was going to be there but wasn't. I completely understand things come up and my parents were totally those ones that didn't go to anything. Before that I had one boy complain about another boy being mean. Turns out the one who tattled told the other boy he didn't want to be his friend and I legit was holding back tears explaining to this little boy that I know it's hard when someone doesn't want to be your friend but you're in control of how you respond to things and it's not alright to threaten people. Pregnancy emotions are hard. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @heatherdubrow find anything good?? I just got an email from my favorite consignment store, that happens to have a great maternity section, with a coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase. And it sounds like I might be buying some maternity clothes soon too lol

I don't really know where to put this, so I'm just going to say it here... my midwife seems to have a very laid back approach to betas. They did a draw today, and she wants to bring me back for one more just in case there is some discrepancy between their lab and the endo's lab where I had my first draw. But she wanted the appointment for a WEEK from today. According to her calculations, I'll be 5w6 then. Why wait so long? And I didn't think anyone still relied on betas by 6 weeks. Obviously she knows more about this than I do, I just found it strange. 
    @artificialred I don't know but I can tell you I am having beta and progesterone checked again at the RE at my 6 week ultrasound this week. So maybe it isn't abnormal? 

• Options
    It's stupid but I am so excited! My best friend is bringing me all her maternity clothes today! I can't wait to go through them. I have to try to be covert about it though bc she is dropping them off at work. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 It's not stupid! My bff finally gave mine back to me and I've already gone through them, washed, and hung up ready to wear. Ha now I just need a real bump!
  • Options
    @jess0211 a friend of mine is giving me her belly bands next week and I'm way too excited about it. Belly bands aren't even that exciting and I definitely don't need them yet but I'm still thrilled about getting them!

• Options
    I'm excited to get all my maternity clothes back, plus my friend that borrowed them added to the collection! Motherhood Maternity is having an online sale so I got a couple tank tops today as well. 

This is Us wrecked me today, plus I finally watched Dolly Parton's Christmas movie that's obviously been on my DVR for months. So I've been sobbing in front of my tv all day. 
  • Options
    @jess0211 @BayCamp I haven't caught up on This Is Us yet but your posts are making me excited and also scared. DH is out tomorrow night so that's probably when I'll watch and ugly cry by my lonesome. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I look forward to my weekly all by my lonesome sob fest. I tried to watch when DH was home once and it just wasn't the same lol 
  • Options
    @BayCamp I still have Dolly's Christmas movie on my DVR too! Maybe I'll watch it during nap time soon. Might as well keep crying all the time!

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options
    @ArtificialRed super cute! How old is your ds? My girls are 2 and 4 and have no freaking clue...
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow he's 4.5 and weaned a year ago. So he can remember, but it's been a long time. 

• Options
    I love that it's snowing super hard today because it means DH and I are having a cozy night in and I'm really excited to snuggle with him and our cat.

• Options
    My H and I do a date night every Friday night. We have a standing sitter appt every week. Im
    so looking forward to getting out just him and I!
  • Options
    @ArtificialRed I think my 2 year old totally knows too. He has been so cuddly and clingy, and randomly will start saying "baby?" He doesn't say sister or brother yet but yesterday I asked if he's going to have a baby sister and he said yes. We'll see :wink:

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge so jealous of your snow. It's 81-90 degrees for the next week here. I hate it.

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I'm also jealous of your snow, but only because it's supposed to be super cold for us this weekend. I'd rather have a snowy winter than a ridiculously cold winter.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ArtificialRed @adirat Several docs have told me betas aren't valid for dating once something can be seen on an ultrasound, and specifically after 6 weeks, because there is such a range at that point. I'm sure they just want to see a decent rise.

We are going to a St. Patrick's Day parade tomorrow. I used to love going, but now I'm too old to stand on lines and pay a cover while getting elbowed and watching people get sloppy four hours starting at 10am. If I wasn't pregnant and exhausted, I might be excited.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    NYTino24 said:
    @ArtificialRed @adirat Several docs have told me betas aren't valid for dating once something can be seen on an ultrasound, and specifically after 6 weeks, because there is such a range at that point. I'm sure they just want to see a decent rise.

We are going to a St. Patrick's Day parade tomorrow. I used to love going, but now I'm too old to stand on lines and pay a cover while getting elbowed and watching people get sloppy four hours starting at 10am. If I wasn't pregnant and exhausted, I might be excited.
    This seems right, and I should have followed up to clarify after my appointment -- at my 5+6 appointment yesterday she told me they won't even tell me the beta anymore unless it's a problem. They just track it along with progesterone (which is my actual problem) to make sure it's rising. 

• Options
    Because I'm curious but don't want to start a new thread devoted to this: If you're buying a new diaper bag for this baby, what kind do you want? I'm in love with the Henri Bendel diaper bag and may splurge on one!

• Options
    I have like 3 diaper bags @DuchessOfCambridge but my favorite is the one that looks like it's just a large purse. If you love it go for it! It's going to be your constant accessory
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge crappppppp you just reminded me that several years ago (during the please give me a grandchild phase) my Mom bought me a diaper bag with elephants on it bc I lovvvve elephants but it's the ugliest bag ever. It was sweet and thoughtful (if not a bit pushy lol) but I kind of want to pick my own out. Gosh, I sound like a spoiled child, I swear I am not...but the bag ugh

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 your feelings are valid. Get yourself the bag you want! 

• Options
    @jess0211 that thing will be with you all the time, it has to be something you like looking at!
  • Options
    @jess0211 save the elephant bag for your child to use. Toddlers love bags! You can also use it as a drop off bag. When we leave DS with people, I don't like to leave my bag because it's essentially my purse too (and usually full of junk lol). Nobody judges the drop off bag!

--right now I have a backpack and I keep an actual purse inside of it. Once you hit a certain age the bag with extra diapers/underwear/thousands of snacks/etc can stay in the car and then you only have a small purse to carry. If I do have to take the backpack, it's not exactly stylish but it's practical and doesn't hurt my shoulders. I did have a pretty diaper bag when he was little, but eventually it just became too heavy and unnecessary. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I seriously bought 8 different diaper bags at different price points until I finally gave in and ordered the brand I wanted originally, Lily Jade. It's freaking amazing. I love it. I went cheaper and just got the black canvas, but I'm definitely splurging on one of the leather ones before November. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options
    @NYTino24 and @adirat thanks for the heads up, I would've been concerned if they didn't give me actual numbers. 

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow anddd looking up lily jade. Though I have my heart set on that Henri bendel :)

• Options
    @NYTino24 I agree about st. Patrick's day. I was excited it was on Friday this year, but now that i cant drink i just want to get a quick dinner out and go home. I think once you pass a certain age, the late night bar scene is just annoying. Id rather go out for a few, then go home to watch a movie in pjs instead of dealing with sloppy drunk people all night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker