August 2017 Moms
Options

Random thread 3/4

Just realized we haven't had one recently. 

Re: Random thread 3/4

• Options
    @SouthernMama15 loved the article! However, I was a little disturbed to read that a woman in Mexico performed a c-section on herself. Who does that?! 

My random...is anyone else starting to feel extremely giddy and anxious about having their baby in their arms? I'm a FTM and I know people keep saying that pregnancy flies by, but I can't help wishing the weeks away, just so I can hold my little one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went to a concert tonight and baby was definitely moving during the concert! So fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    @SpotConlon  You have made a good decision.  I am completely obsessed with Costco!  I don't even like shopping that much, but I always look forward to shopping at Costco.

Is anybody else planning to do a Sip and See?  It might be too early to ask.  My family and friends keep asking me about when I plan to have my baby shower.  I have decided not to have a baby shower even as a FTM.  Most of my family and friends live on the other side of the country, and I don't want to travel that far while pregnant.  I also don't like being the center of attention.  Instead, I have decided to do a Sip and See at my parents' house after the baby is born, probably when I feel comfortable traveling with him.  When I have told people about planning to do a Sip and See, they usually have no idea what I am talking about.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Costco  <3
    @SouthernMama15 thanks for starting the random thread this week. I was in a business trip and didn't have time to bump. I'll get it back to its regular schedule on Monday.
    My random is that one of my friends had a baby yesterday and stole my name. I just said that if I have a boy, our kids will have the same name since this is DH's family name and we'll not change. She said she didn't know but I'm 100% sure I told her in more than one occasion. I also knew her list of names and "my" name was never part of.
  • Options
    @mrsw2017 I know, it was crazy. I guess her instincts were right. 

@LivLew no problem! I just had to share that article
  • Options
    @ats0923 I think sip and sees are more common in the south? I'm in the Midwest so they aren't super common here. I think the only issue I would have with it is timing. Like will the baby be a newborn? Or are you thinking a few months old? People will be passing your little one around like a joint so if it's fall it will be cold and flu season so I'd be worried about people getting them sick. DS was born 8/26 and I went back to work 11/19. I kept him pretty much in a bubble til march to avoid getting him sick and he still got rsv and some other icky stuff just from going to daycare only. Also, as a FTM, I know it sucks to be the center of attention, but you should still register and still do something! You're making a human!! You are amazing! I hated my showers before I went but then was so thankful and happy afterwards. Let people shower you mama! 
  • Options
    @ATS0923  I'm right there with you!  I live on the east coast and my family is on the west coast.  I hadn't heard of a sip and see before this thread, but I like the idea!  If I'm able, I think I'm going to travel before the third trimester to do an early baby shower with my family.  Being so far away, I feel like I miss out on the normal family excitement and doing a shower I think will be good for everyone so they can still feel connected to this little one even though we won't be around as much as I'd want.  But I'm also sure I'll go back again after the baby is born too so everyone can meet him/her.  I don't know if it's appropriate, but I want to do both!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @ats0923 I have been thinking of doing a sip and see. I am from upstate new York and it's not common here and yeah no one knows what it means unless they saw it on a baby forum lol.
    I hated my baby shower. It was so awful for my anxiety. When I was married, we eloped at home because I didnt want attention, for ex...
     Anyway, I have been debating on a sip and see bc it sounds convenient to have one day devoted to visitors coming to meet the baby. But then I realized the guest list might get too large, and then feeding and providing drinks for people could add up, which isn't good when I will be out of work with no paychecks (yay unpaid leave and disability for only six weeks :( )
    I think most of the family and friends who care to meet baby will do so before the event anyway. I wouldn't want anyway there who was actively sick though. And I would have hand sanitizer galore and even masks for anyone with leftover sick symptoms lol 
  • Options
    Sorry I have been MIA the past few weeks! I have been trying to manage my time with my wedding coming up this week :) I have been semi-lurking! I was wondering if ya'll wanted to try a monthly fitness challenge?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jpearl2307 what kind of monthly challenge are you thinking. Depending on what it might be, that could be fun. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    @dmbfan46835  I was planning to do the sip and see around 3-4 months which is a little later than when they are normally done.  I will probably have hand sanitizer located everywhere, and I will try to politely tell people not to come if they have any signs of being sick.  I'm going to still make a registry, and I have a feeling that someone will put together a baby shower for me even though I said no baby shower.  They will probably be sneaky about it and disguise it as just a nice little brunch with just a few people...I think that my mom already mentioned something about a "nice little brunch" to happen in May while she is visiting me.  She claims that it is just a brunch.

@maryallisont  It is completely acceptable to do both a baby shower and a sip and see.  Just for fun, I was starting to look at sip and see invitations online yesterday; several of the invitations did a good job clarifying that the sip and see is about meeting baby with light snacks and drinks provided.  They usually occur at a time of day that people shouldn't come hungry to the event.  People who have had a baby shower usually put "no gifts please" on the invite, so people don't feel obligated to get a second gift for baby, but people love getting babies gifts, so you would probably still end up with baby gifts.  Gifts are usually opened afterwards instead of in front of everyone like a shower.  People who didn't have a baby shower will usually list where they are registered on the invite.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pinkprincesspiper yes lady!!!! That's an awesome night!!

@nxy holy shit. That's crazy!
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper that sounds incredible. Glad you had such a nice weekend!

@Nxy Oh boy. Nice concept but weird execution haha. I lived in France for 2 years with DH and remember seeing some questionable "traditions". I'll have to come back and update when they come back to mind. By the way, how do you like German food?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I was thinking walking a certain amount of steps/miles, squat challenge (at least 50/day), there's also free prenatal workouts on YT or arm challenge! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    littlebug2010littlebug2010 member
    edited March 2017
    @jpearl2307 something like that sounds fun! I would be in!
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    I like that idea too! @jpearl2307
  • Options
    I am loving the idea of meal plan Mondays and a fitness challenge. I need both of those in my life right now. Rave for the day: I went on an impromptu trip to motherhood maternity with my sister today and they had all pants, tops, dresses  buy one get one FREE and bras buy three get one free. Let's just say I spent a pretty penny but got some great deals. 
  • Options
    @LivLew That stinks about your name. I hope you choose to go ahead with it too! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @jpearl2307 I would do a challenge :) I'' thinking about starting BBMC prenatal series, but I think it costs like $2-3 a month so not totally free...

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    @pinkprincesspiper woah. This should be interesting. 
  • Options
    secicc12 said:
    @dmbfan46835 @PinkPrincessPiper Just wasted way too much time at work reading through those threads. Looks like we have a catfish trying to join August per the intro thread   :#
    At least we're aware! It's so painfully obvious. 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    She's totally not the same person guyz. 
    I wonder if maybe this will be something Aug17 will finally put its foot down on though. Time will tell.

@secicc12 German food is pretty good. A lot of sausage and pork though. We do a lot of just stopping places and eating though, so we don't typically get a lot of "German" traditional meals. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 did she go to sept17 too? Holy cow, it's hard to keep up! She said she was at one time a sept15 mom too. I'm still active on that board along with @pinkprincesspiper and I have no clue who she is. 
  • Options
    At this point I think she's going to create a new account and intro in Sept.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    I'm always suspicious of avatar pictures look like they were taken with a circa 2004 webcam. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I started an excel spreadsheet to help me track this pregnancy. Just a place to keep appointments info, and insurance/billing stuff in one place. Today I got the formula right for an automatic countdown until the due date!
    That right there excites me.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mango517 Excel nerds unite! I created the most beautiful spreadsheet when I was wedding planning last year. I didn't think to make one for pregnancy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mango517 @secicc12 I love Excel! I have so many macros in my Excel that my coworkers have no clue what's going on when I work on my spreadsheets.