November 2017 Moms

Thursday TTGP Grad Check-in

It seems like there's now a preponderance of us, so let's check in! 

@kyersten @slaven @jess0211 @heatherdubrow @julesdp (Sorry if I omitted anyone -- please let me know if I did!) 

This is a check-in for friends from the TTGP board. If you were a contributing member of that board please let us know how you are doing! 

1. Due date?

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support <3

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 

4. Questions/concerns? 

Re: Thursday TTGP Grad Check-in

• @jess0211 I am certain 47 is no problem if you're doubling. I was 104 at 13dpo and the nurse told me that's high, so for you at 11dpo that's probably perfectly average. Have you checked this out? It assuaged my fears between betas: betabase.info 

Good luck with the next beta! So excited to see you here <3 

• Loading the player...
  • @adirat I did look at betabase and it made me feel so much better. But didn't seem to assuage my anxiety. You know the researcher in me has been spending my "down" time doing wayyyy too much reading lol so glad to see you here!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just popping in to ask if you would like to do this regularly on Thursdays and I'll add it to the thread schedule. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Can I just say that I feel really lucky to be with you ladies here in November? I mostly lurked in TTGP and you all had so much support and wisdom to share. It was really very helpful and allowed me to feel comforted when I needed it most. FX that more ladies from TTGP get to join us throughout the month.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• adirat I just stopped lurking and started participating more last month so I didn't really feel like I should post on the grad thread. There was no omission either - just wanted to drop in and say I am glad you ladies are here :)

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Just want to say congratulations to you all.  I was on TTGP board, but was way more of a lurker than a contributor.   I'm not very good at "keeping up".
  • @JulesDP weren't we cycle buddies this past month?! I knew it was good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Due date?
    Nov 10

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support
    I'm feeling fine actually. Tired and less hungry which I think is early food aversions or something. 

TW I've never had a loss but being on the TTGP board has made me realize how much of a common occurrence it is. I count every day as a day closer to the second trimester and a smaller chance of a MC but I'm still scared even though I have no reason to be. I mean I had a 15 day LP for crying out loud haha. /TW

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 
    Dear lord I was just calling like 5 different people to get an answer on my OB referral (damn military insurance and living overseas). The nurse on my initial apt. Wednesday (it's Fri here now) never put in the referral so now  I have to wait till Tuesday before hearing anything since they're obviously closed on weekends. I know it's too early for a scan and most women don't get seen till 8 weeks anyway. I'm excited because I hear this OB does scans at every appointment. I'll be about 16 weeks when we move so I'll probably get a 3D scan done here too because it's cheaper here than in the States, like $40 out of pocket.  
    4. Questions/concerns? 
    meh I'm just chugging along waiting for more symptoms to show so I know I'm actually KTFU
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Gahhhh!!! I freaking love this!!
  • @kyersten My RE u/s is also on 3/9! I am so eagerly awaiting that day. I hope yours is all good news and you see the heartbeat! I am hopeful I'll feel a lot more confident after the u/s.

• Awww, that's exciting @adirat! I will be looking forward to your update as well on that day! 
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Can I post my anxiety here? I took another test this morning and the line hasn't really gotten any darker, it's still very faint.. any insight? Talk me off the ledge? Please??
  • @heatherdubrow keep telling yourself a line is a line and you're pregnant right now. I don't know that all people necessarily  get darkening lines. Sending you so many positive vibes and hugd. Who knew this time period would be so anxiety provoking?! I am right there with you on that! Hugs!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @heatherdubrow Yes, absolutely. Hugs friend. That is so stressful. What kind of test are you using? I had a similar freakout about Wondfos but I read online that individual Wondfos often don't have the same amount of dye in each test (hence another reason they are so cheap -- less quality assurance). A line is a line is a line on Wondfos, essentially. 

• @adirat  that's an excellent point. I wonder if that may be true for other brands too?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm using frer...ugh! My Sunday can't get here fast enough! Thanks for the love ladies!
  • @heatherdubrow I don't know what your RE practice is like, but would they see you sooner for a beta? Like today and then Sunday to check doubling?

• @heatherdubrow I am so sorry for the anxiety!! I think with urine pregnancy tests, so many factors can play into the darkness of the line. I would try to feel that a line is a line and wait for the beta. But I know it's easier said than done not to worry!

For peace of mind, if the doctor can't see you sooner for a beta, maybe try a different brand (even a cheapie one from somewhere)?
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @heatherdubrow I was just coming back to suggest what @kyersten did, perhaps try another brand...if for no other reason than to just ease your anxiety a bit. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally lurking you guys cuz I love you, but @heatherdubrow just remember digitals require more hcg than a regular line test!  It took me 2 or 3 days of positive wondfos before I turned a digi!!  
    Also, so happy for all of you that you're here and thrilled/jealous you get to be in a bmb together!  
    OK, *lurker out*
     <3 
  • @RedBreast35 good point. I think I'm just gonna wait until my betas. I've been googling like a crazy person and I think my tests look pretty standard for 7 and 8 days post transfer (fingers crossed). Thanks for checking in girl!
  • @m6agua thank you so much! That is reassuring! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @m6agua thank you! That's reassuring!
  • @heatherdubrow I had two faint FRERs on Monday when I first tested and a positive digi that night, none of it was FMU. Obviously every one is different but I was 12dpo with light FRERs which you would think at that far past O would be darker. I don't have any more FRERs to check to see if mine got darker. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven thank you! I think I might just be going a little crazy with my IF brain! I'm impatiently waiting for my betas and hopefully that will be good news
  • @heatherdubrow I think we're all going crazy about the first tri, and I'm not even an IFer. I either want more symptoms (who thought I'd ask for morning sickness) or an ultrasound asap. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Super random. I posted a lot on the TTGP board about our upcoming move from Korea to NY, which was the reason we TTA for a bit. Well I just found out today that when we ship my car it'll go to Baltimore. DH is buying a new car when we get back so we won't be carless but it takes about 3 months for mine to get there. I'll be about 7 months pregnant and have to go to Baltimore from upstate NY. Like grocery shopping in Canada is a thing there kind of upstate. DH will probably rope a friend into getting it with him because I don't think I could make that kind of drive and then drive the car back myself or we'll take a long weekend, take lots of breaks, and make a babymoon out of it.  
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• jess0211jess0211 member
    edited March 2017
    @slaven when are you transferring again (what time of the year? You're headed to Fort Drum right? The drive from Baltimore to Watertown isn't bad at all. I do it a few times a year, you can do it in7-8 hrs. 

Eta: let me know if you want to chat about upstate ny and/or doing the drive from there to baltimore.  I have lots of experience with both! Eta lol just saw your comment about grocery shopping in Canada...true story. We would just pop over to Canada for dinner a lot when i was a kid 

@heatherdubrow  I just took another hpt and it wasn't any darker than previous tests....it's a different brand so not sure if that helps 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 We don't have exact dates yet but we're supposed to be out of Korea by May 31st. DH should get his orders this week and then we can plan our travel. We're hoping to fly to Boston, spend some time with our family in MA/NH, buy DH's new car there, and then drive up to Drum. It's funny to see that the Ottawa Ikea is the closest haha. Since moving is expensive, a LO on the way, and I may have a hard time finding a new job (especially being pregnant), we're probably going to have to do some Ikea/cheap shopping for our new house. We're in a tiny apartment now and don't own much furniture. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• I just realized I'm going to be 6 months pregnant when my SIL gets married and I'm a bridesmaid. I bought my dress a size too big but tried it on this morning and I already fill out the bust and the waist has no stretch and had weird seams/darting in the middle and down the bust. I don't even know if a larger size would look good on a bump because of those long darts. Attaching a link to the dress:

https://www.azazie.com/products/azazie-kaya-bridesmaid-dress?color=grape

It's in the color spa, which is easier to see the darts/seams. I obviously don't know how large I'll be then so I'm just going to have to wait until May or so and then discuss it with my SIL then. There are some maternity options but idk how she feels about a different dress just for me. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven I was 36 weeks pregnant in my bffs wedding. I normally wear a size 8 and ordered a 16 then had it altered closer to the wedding and it ended up looking pretty good (I think!).
    Also, I agree have your H and a friend pick up the car, that will definitely be too much for you.
  • @slaven lol people never believe me when I tell them how close Canada is. Please feel free to PM if you need any recommendations or advice on the area! 

Pregnancy Ticker