October 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 03/01

Check-in for those who are pregnant after a loss. Introduce yourself, tell us your story.

1) How far along are you?

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally?

3) When is your next appointment?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions

5) GTKY: What are your favourite things about spring?
Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: PGAL Check-In 03/01

• Loading the player...
  • @laeberge3 Happy anniversary!!

I had a UTI when pregnant with DS that I couldn't get rid of. The symptoms are very different when pregnant and you may not even know you have it. I kept having contractions that were affecting the baby and his heart rate got too high. 2 courses of antibiotics didn't work, so I had to have IV antibiotics in the hospital. Make sure they retest you to make sure it's gone after you've finished your antibiotics! 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @flowerintherain Thanks! Yep, I have another test scheduled to to be retested.  I don't feel any symptoms anymore, but I know how serious these can be so definitely staying on top of it. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @laeberge3  Just so you know, I have to be on a lot of antibiotics my entire pregnancy because my chronic illness is transmittable. Everyone in my situation who goes to this DC clinic (we all see the same doctor, who sees the worst of the worst of Lyme Disease) takes the same antibiotics, and there are healthy babies galore! I know plenty of women who take Bactrim DS. So, while obviously do your own research and double check and ask for a different antibiotic if you'd prefer, I thought I'd try and put your mind at rest a bit until they call you back. 

Due with rainbow rainbow rainbow baby on 9/29/17
    It's been a long road- Let's just say that! 
  • @Raincity Thanks! I talked with the RE's office and they basically said the benefits outweigh the risks of the infection advancing and with the particular strain of bacteria I apparently have, it's the medication to take.  I'm still nervous, but going to follow their instructions and hope the infection goes away quickly!

• 1) How far along are you? 9+2

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally? Still throwing up. Still super nauseous. I've got a cold. And DS didn't sleep last night so I'm exhausted. Emotionally I'm doing surprisingly well this week!

3) When is your next appointment? March 9. Can't wait!!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm ready for "morning" sickness to be done!

5) GTKY: What are your favourite things about spring? No more snow! And going to the park with DS!
  • @migdala, morning sickness varies from person to person. Most women find it at least decreases by the end of first trimester. Some women have it throughout their entire pregnancy. With my first pregnancy I had it until about 24 weeks but it significant decreased by about 18-20 weeks. There IS light at the end of the tunnel!
  • @mommac2017 Thanks  :) I think I'm gonna choose to function under the assumption that mine will end with the first trimester... the alternative is just too bleak to think about even though I know it's all worth it in the end!
  • CytheCythe member
    Happy birthday @cooaladolll!
    @lovemaddux fx for a great appointment tomorrow!
    @reneeannemm I totally feel you. My loss wasn't as late as yours, but as I'm about to whine about, I completely get the feeling of no relief.

Tw** Guys, I cannot escape late 1st tri loss mentions this evening. I was doing really great the last few days, knowing that baby has a consistent strong HB but it seems everywhere I go today, someone is mentioning losses after seeing a HB or after 10 weeks. I know we are all feeling the anxiety about various loss related things, I just needed to get that out there. Dr. Google says the odds of loss after a HB are so low, but I can't seem to escape it. Gah. (Ps, thanks for listening)
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lovemaddux GL today!!

@cooaladolll I get it.  MH being out of town is coinciding with family visiting for a week and I can't help but fight it with thinking there's NO reason I should need family around in his absence that week.  It makes me nervous, too.  I hate that I think that way.

1) How far along are you?  7+5 today

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally? Physically SO tired, I've been sleeping through the night plus 4-6 hours during the day on my days off of work.  Hips are sore, boobs sore and swollen, and nausea that's finally dissipating with homemade diclegis.

3) When is your next appointment? Today!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions:  Still thankful for strong symptoms.

5) GTKY: What are your favourite things about spring?  Planting our garden, longer days, our volunteer tulips.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Check-in for those who are pregnant after a loss. Introduce yourself, tell us your story.

1) How far along are you? 7w1d today

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally? Physically I'm actually decent. Just extremely tired and little bouts of nausea (like today in Target when I almost puked on the floor), but they normally can be subsided by eating. Food aversions change daily which I thought was weird. Emotionally? Decent too. I'm still so, so nervous and now the warm and fuzzies are fading from hearing the hb a week ago. I ordered a doppler and it came in yesterday, I'll probably try next week with that but not get my hopes up. 

3) When is your next appointment? 4 weeks from yesterday! March 29th. I'll be 11 weeks. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm craving chocolate. Baby Ruth, Peanut M&M's, etc. It's bad. :( I can't resist! 

5) GTKY: What are your favourite things about spring? All of the outdoor activities! The festivals start back up, the farmers market opens, it's just such a great time of year. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you?  8w

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally?  Nauseous still, but feeling a little better. Some trouble sleeping, but that goes back to some anxiety issues that I have been suffering from for a while, largely from work-related issues.

3) When is your next appointment?  Next Wednesday

4) Rants/Raves/Questions  

5) GTKY: What are your favourite things about spring?  Being outside again and opening up the doors and windows to the house to get the winter stench out of the house.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • @mommac2017 I totally missed you! That sucks about the cold. Hopefully it passes quickly!
    *TW
    @Cythe I totally understand what you mean. I think that's actually why I'm zen. I don't feel like getting past my last early loss (which I have) has anything to do with not having loss at a later time, despite the lesser likelihood.
    End TW*
    And thank you for the well wishes!
    @sqfibemom that's rough the fears are getting to you. Hopefully the nightmares are just a phase and that they pass after that next doctor's appointment.
    @virginiaham you hit it right on the head there. Hopefully we can both get through those next transition times uneventfully and look back and say we got nervous about nothing. And how did you make homemade diclegis?
    @afwoods10 I like the idea of getting a home doppler for reassurance. And I would almost kill for a Baby Ruth right now. Or a PayDay. Mmmmmm.
    @aprilsarahjune oh to be able to open the windows right now. With my super sense of smell I feel like my whole house smells like a dog fart today and it's hitting my gag reflex hard!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolll holding onto hope for you as well.  So Diclegis is basically Unisom and B6.  You can easily Google the exact dosages of each and then find the approximate dosages at any drug or health food store.  It's done wonders for me!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Sooo I caved and called for an appointment for next week.  I leave for Paris on March 25 and my next appointment was supposed to be March 21.  My PGAL brain kept telling me something was going to be wrong on March 21 and I'd have to skip the Paris trip.  So today I called and told them I knew I was probably being unreasonably anxious but I was afraid about having the next appointment so close to an out-of-country trip, and luckily they were fine with me coming in on Wednesday to ease my mind.  Hopefully that Wednesday appointment really DOES ease my mind -- I'm tired of being so worried all the time and I really want to start believing that this is going to be my take-home baby.
  • @migdala So nice that your OB is letting you come in.  This PGAL brain is just the worst.  My next appointment s 3/13, so not too far away, but of course I feel like my symptoms have lessened this week and it makes me nervous.  I was good after the last US for like 3 days and then the anxiety sneaks back in.  I hope the scan eases your mind so you can enjoy your trip!

• had my u/s this morning it was suppose to be the last before I meet with my reg OB next Thursday.  But I was a bit concerned and RE said she would see me again next Thursday before OB appt due to the fact the baby was measuring a day behind last Friday and today it was measuring 3 days behind the HR is still in the 130s which RE says she is comfortable with. Excuse it's on the normal range.  RE said the were not too concerned but would have been happier if I was measuring on target.  I'm so worried now not sure what to think.  Has anyone has had a similar experience
  • edited March 2017
    @Cythe @cooaladolll Thank you both <3 This is so hard. 

@cherrybea I'm sorry I don't, but didn't want to leave you hanging. I'm pretty there are growth spurts, even in the uterus. A heartbeat is a wonderful thing to hold on to. Take care.

My doppler (Sonoline B ) arrived today! Pretty sure my mail carrier thought it was a sex toy, since it arrives unmarked and I saw her studying the package through the peephole.  :D It's too early to really hear anything, but I'll keep practising a bit every day until it's not! I hope it helps.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @cherrybea hold onto the fact that your RE isn't concerned. I wish I had more knowledge to console you with but hang in there. From what I've read the growth rate can change from scan to scan.
    @reneeannemm that's so cool! Seriously such a little thing that can offer so much reassurance.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Sending hugs ladies! Thinking of all of your during this anxious time!!

@cherrybea I have no advice or stories for you, just thinking of you! Hopefully everything is ok-it's so hard not to worry about every little detail. 

I havent been around much this week but I am currently at my appt waiting for my ultrasound. Super nervous :cold_sweat:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @Uhlease13 good luck on your u/s.  Keep us posted 
  • @Uhlease13 that's awesome news
  • @lindsayfairlamb, I'm so sorry for your multiple losses. I can't imagine the pain and anxiety you must be feeling. Hugs momma! Excited to have you here with us!
  • CytheCythe member
    @Uhlease13 so happy to hear about your little bean!

@lindsayfairlamb welcome!! (Also if your SN happens to be your real name, you may want to consider changing it. Stranger danger!)
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I started spotting/bleeding bright red blood yesterday and it freaked me out enough to go to the ER. There was still a fetal heart rate of 138bpm, but it was measuring 2 days behind. They couldn't find a reason for the bleeding and I'm waiting on a call back from my doctor. Anybody have any reassuring stories about spotting during pregnancy? My PGAL brain immediately jumps to thinking this is the start of a MC. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @flowerintherain My prayers are with you I would get some comfort in that the baby has a nice strong heartbeat and two days behind is really not bad.  
  • @flowerintherain, a friend of mine went through a similar experience at about 7 weeks. She's now almost 12 weeks and doing just fine. Were you super active or busy that day? I've had the odd day of spotting and it's a good reminder for me to take it easy and put my feet up and relax for a bit. Thinking of you! Keep us posted!