May 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 2/28

How far along?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms ?

Cravings?

Team pink/blue/green?

GTKY: what's your favorite part about being pregnant?

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/28

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsrep123 , reading through your symptoms reminded me that I'm definitely experiencing more than I'm remembering when I go to document them...lightening crotch? check! shortness of breath? check! uncomfortable? CHECK!

@Louise_Belcher , @slowmo,  plus one for the "toddlers are making me realize how difficult second pregnancies are" party. I feel like I can't do half of what I used to do with him. I just sit and stare and feel guilty. Blah.

@Louise_Belcher , YAY for higher platelets AND passing the GD test!! Yippee!! 

@SWE2, I am so jealous that you are nearly done with your blanket...I had the best of intentions to knit a blanket for this baby and it just never happened. I feel bad because I totally did one for her brother. And knit him some hats, sigh...

@CherryBananas , the size comparison of baby to a Gremlin in your signature made me laugh out loud...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo I feel like I am totally phoning it in as a mom lately in the afternoon. So much guilt. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher , I keep telling myself that it's just natures way prepping the toddler for reduced attention from me...but the guilt remains. Sigh. 
  • @kipperoo and @Louise_Belcher - So much mom guilt! But also thank goodness for Netflix?
  • edited March 2017
    @Kipperoo Good reframe! I will be keeping that in mind when I am feeling extra guilty. @slowmo I'm not sure what I would do without Netflix cartoons and wooden train sets. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • How far along? 29 weeks 

How big is baby? Small cabbage or a Cottontail Rabbit

Any appointments this week? None this week

Symptoms? I don't know if this is pregnancy related or just allergies since things are blooming now, but I'm stopped up again (AGAIN)! 

Team pink/blue/green? TEAM GREEN

GTKY: What's your favorite part about being pregnant? This time around, my favorite part of being pregnant is having my name in the bulletin at Church! #shameless 

@Louise_Belcher - Congrats on passing! That's a relief, for sure. 

@MrsCPALeslie - I had to take off my wedding ring last week...

@slowmo - I asked about scheduling at my last appt and I think they said it would happen around 32 weeks - I'm ready to have it set in stone! I also went to Wal-mart today with a 4 item list and came home with two arm-fulls of bags. 
    :| 
  • @SWE2 I love it!

I haven't been able to consistently wear my wedding ring since Christmas. I thought that was normal, but I guess my sausage fingers swelled up way earlier than everybody else 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I haven't been able to consistently wear my wedding ring since Christmas. I thought that was normal, but I guess my sausage fingers swelled up way earlier than everybody else 
    Nope... been right there with ya! I did put it on for our maternity photo shoot and it was such a pain to take off again. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @swe2 Nicely done. 

@Kipperoo @slowmo and @Louise_Belcher mom guilt over here too. I feel like DS likes MH more right now because they are doing so much together (which is awesome) and I feel left out as I try to find a comfortable position to sit or lay in once it's past the afternoon. 

@Kipperoo can't wait to see pics of your nursery

@slowmo No, PACU RN. Ugh, it sucks keeping up on certifications. I just renewed my CCRN because I didn't want to part with it yet (lame, I know). My TNCC (trauma nursing core course certification) is expiring this July as well and I don't know if I should renew or not...

@Louise_Belcher High-5 for passing the glucose test!

@CherryBananas jealous of your lack of symptoms. 

@0408Bear  oh yes, swollen down there... WHY?! Ugh!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• How far along?  29 weeks

How big is baby?  Barbie convertible

Any appointments this week?  Nope!

Symptoms?  Nothing in particular... so tired and feeling so huge!

Cravings?  None.

Team pink/blue/green?  Pink!

I like having the "private" time to bond with her, but as a whole, I hate pregnancy and I'm the worst pregnant lady.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • @emilyalso I haven't worn my rings in a while and I can even rememver when that started. 
  • @mrsrep123 - It's a pain but probably worth it to maintain your certifications. You worked so hard for them!
  • Sorry got so tied up in work yesterday!

How far along?
    30 weeks as of yesterday!

How big is baby?
    Zucchini or Butternut Squash

Today actually

Symptoms ?
    Fatigue, heartburn, uncomfortable, baby movements, some hip/pelvic area aches

Cravings?
    None really, maybe ice cream occasionally

Team pink/blue/green?
    Blue!

I guess just amazed at how my body can grow and support a life.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
  • @mrsrep123 I agree, even though I am uncomfortable I love my baby bump. Mostly when I am home in sweats but still haha
    @kipperoo yay for the nursery almost being finished! Sorry your boss is giving you such a hard time. I too work for a small company and while the men have had babies he has never had a female employee go on maternity leave and I basically run the company while he isn't here. Luckily we worked out taking my vacation time back to back (2 weeks, no maternity leave as we are a small company) and then I will be working for home for a while.
    @louise_belcher yay for passing the glucose test!
  • @lilylover27 , it sounds like we have similar situations. My company is around 25 people, but I'm second in command behind the owner, so he relies on me a lot. I feel a little selfish, but I basically told him I was taking a full 12 weeks and he was welcomed to not pay me for it, but it would make me question whether I would want to come back or start looking for another job. I promised that I would offload my work to various members of the team, but there are still some things that just can't be offloaded. I will likely come in for 1 hour meetings 1/week for the last 6 weeks of my leave, but mostly for my own sanity so that I know what I'm coming back to. 2 weeks will be rough but hopefully they will be kind to you with working from home! 
  • @kipperoo yea it is rough with only a full 2 weeks off, of course he said depending on circumstance like C-section or any other complications I can take additional weeks, but we will see when the time comes. We are a company of only 6 employees, with 3 being in different states throughout the Northeast. I am the office manager/inside sales/bookkeeper (I wear A LOT of hats) so basically the back bone to the company, especially since the President has to travel a lot. Due to the sensitive information I handle for the company as bookkeeper he really does not want to trust that to one of the other employees. Bummer is in NYS an employer with less than I believe 25 employees doesn't even have to offer maternity leave (paid or unpaid) and the temporary disability is a joke (like $170 every two weeks or something). Luckily my job isn't 100% busy all day so I do have downtime even while at work.
  • @lilylover27, it totally makes sense, given the high touch nature of your job, that your boss wouldn't feel comfortable moving those tasks to other employees. And it seems like your company is even smaller than mine, which definitely makes it more difficult. I'm glad to hear that it won't be full time for you after the two weeks!! Fingers crossed everything is smoothly running for you and going back will be a breeze!! 
  • How far along?

How big is baby?

Symptoms ?

Cravings?

Team pink/blue/green?

31 Weeks

The size of a foam finger

My appointment for Tuesday got pushed back to Thursday. Just a check in with the NP. 

Only symptoms are pregnancy pains. Sore hips and stretched out abdomen.

Craving ice cream/chocolate shakes, which I can't have because of GD. :(

Team pink

My favorite part of being pregnant is looking forward to baby's arrival and time off work! Another plus is my metabolism seems to have kicked in after a 10 year hiatus. 

* I just realized this week I had been posting in the wrong ticker change threads. I'm supposed to be a Tuesday girl. Sorry. 
  • Kipperoo said:

Adding rants/raves: Specifically because my boss is driving me CRAZY today. He's suddenly super stressed about me leaving for maternity and it's stressing me out in turn. It's a small company and no one has ever taken maternity leave before. It's really annoying because I'm trying to make everything as seamless as possible (see my earlier note about me being a hyper planner), but I feel like no amount of planning will calm his nerves. And a rave--I am SO CLOSE to finishing little girl's nursery!! Just a few finishing touches and I'll be ready to post the finished room in the nursery thread. 
    I'm in a similar position. I work a for a 3 person company and my boss and I also work part time for a much larger regional company with 4 staff. We have an administrative person part time who we can't trust with any tasks and my boss travels, a lot. I'm primarily the office manager/one who makes everything flow day to day. 

I know my boss is stressing so I've made her an excel spreadsheet with a calendar of tasks/things happening for every day that I'm gone. I've included days to prep documents for meetings, when to do bank deposits, when to copy materials for classes, etc. That should be a huge help to her. 
  • Totally forgot to respond ladies! Super busy. 

How far along? 
    31 weeks

How big is baby? 
    The size of asparagus... ?

Any appointments? 
    Had one Monday and everything is going well :) 

Symptoms:
    heartburn, back pain and sore legs 

Cravings:
    sweets.. what's new ha! Pickles, and this is new, Mexican food. 

Totally forgot rants raves and questions! Sorry ladies. 

Team: Pink! 

GTKY: my favorite part is the preparing and all her movements. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @mrsrep123 I wouldn't be too jealous lol. I'm still having heartburn, reflux, insomnia, sciatic pain, sore hips, etc. I was just super excited to knock (even if temporarily!) two things off that list. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker