May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 2.27 - 3.3

Re: Randoms and Questions 2.27 - 3.3

• Options
    @Yiggle09 I'm so glad you mentioned packing bags for the older kids. I didn't last time because DS1 had plenty of clothes at my parents house and it didn't really matter if anything matched or not since he just stayed there. This time I will pack a suitcase since my parents will also handle getting DS1 to school that week and DS is going through another growth spurt where most clothes are a little too snug now.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @rosemarylaff yep, i'm planning to go through that thread as part of this exercise. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This weekend it really hit dh just how soon they will be here ... 9 weeks max. We are really trying to get stuff done because with moving after, that adds a whole other layer of to do's. 

So a while back i asked opinions on a shower for these babes since they arent my first and they are also girls. My mom was going to throw one at church but i felt a little funny about it so some friends offered, and initially i accepted but the date was creeping up (less than a month away) and nothing had been planned -no guest list or invitations or anything- and i started worrying about it being super awkard if it was floating and random church folks came or if it was a set time and we had to entertain them... I had imagined more of a family and friends celebration kinda thing so i backed out, very politely, and they put something in the bulletin instead about folks dropping off diapers for a "sprinkle". Anyway, i am pretty bummed because i loved celebrating dd and even though we have everything for the twins, the shower for dd was so fun. I havent told my dh or mom that im sad about it bc i know theyd feel bad but this pregnancy has been rough and i wanted SOMETHING to be fun. 

Im holding out hope that dh's company will send the same present as they sent after dd's birth that includes the most amazing cookies. I LOVE cookies and they were the best id ever had. I looked them up a few months after delivering dd bc i couldnt stop thinking about them and the box of 10 was 80 bucks... So havent had any since! 
  • Options
    @jayandaplus Fingers crossed that your 3 hr goes smoothly! The threshold for the 1 hr is low to catch as many potential people with GDM as possible. Not that it makes you feel better, but your chances are actually pretty good (that the 3 hr will be normal). 

@WombThereItIs Ugh. Respiratory stuff while pregnant sucks. I agree with others who have posted about the "expanded" list of things their provider okay'ed when resp symptoms got really bad. Hope you are feeling better soon!

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Gorgeous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    Other than the hospital bag do any of the stm plus' packing a bag for your other children if they are going to spend some time with inlaws or grandparents? I am thinking about doing one for my son. 
    My inlaws have my son over night once a week so they have a stash of clothes and toys for him there anyway, but yes, I will be packing a bag for him just in case my IL's aren't home or something and he has to go to someone else, or if he's at preschool and someone can drop into my house to grab it. I plan to leave a house key hidden in my yard so that I can ring anyone for something I might need 
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I'm sorry you don't get a shower!
    @mdlorenz Thanks for the positivity!
  • Options
    So on top of MH'd accident this weekend, his office just got shit down, which means he lost his job. Also, what I didn't mention about my genius H's accident is that it was a DUI. Thankfully he didn't hit anyone else, so there's that. But I am majorly freaking out that now we have all of these bills from his accident, and he lost his job, and we have basically no savings because of a situation that happened last year. This baby will be here in 3 months or less and I really don't know what to do! 

Sorry to to hijack the thread with my personal problems, but I can't talk to anyone IRL about this. 
  • Options
    Oh @achays11 I am so so so sorry.  I can't imagine how stressful that must be right now.  Do you have family that can help out just to get you on your feet while bills are paid and your DH looks for another job?  That is so tough.  Please know I'm thinking about you and vent all you want here.
  • Options
    @achays11 Any one of those things is stressful on its own, but together? I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this now. I hope things resolve quickly for you and your H can find a new job soon. Hang in there! (Virtual hugs and chocolate for you)

my thoughts for today: I'm sick of spilling on myself. I guess I forget how big my belly is because I've gone through like 40 shirts in the last three days from dropping food on myself. Also my crotch feels like it's going to fall out. 
  • Options
    @achays11 I'm so sorry to hear about all that! I hope he gets another job soon! Thinking about you!
  • Options
    @achays11 oh gosh, i'm sorry to hear that! That sounds like way more stress than you need right now. :(
  • Options
    @achays11, I'm so sorry to hear about the extra shitty news today!  I would be so pissed at my husband and then feel so badly for him, but then I would be pissed again.  Ugh.  Just give him a big hug and then throw a flip flop at him or something.  I hope the job search goes quickly! 
  • Options
    @achays11 I'm so sorry that you have to go through that. Any one of those things are extremely stressful, I can't imagine them all at once. Sending positive thoughts your way that he finds a new job soon.
  • Options
    @achays11 I'm sorry. That must be a lot to take in all at once. Positive thoughts and vibes coming your way. Hope things turn around soon. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @RainyDays86 Yes! do it :)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I think it is a great idea!
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 Yeah, I'd be fine with you starting that thread.
  • Options
    @achays11 big hugs. Is there any severance pay? I am so sorry. 
  • Options
    @kipperoo - six weeks seems so close! Your countdown is really ON!!!!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 great idea!  We don't want our first babies not have a place to be recognized if they want to share!!

@achays11 so so sorry for your current downpour of events.  I am hopeful that DH will find another job soon. I don't want to hijack or AW too much but want to let you know that this kind of thing happens to everyone.  A few years ago DH was laid off and we had just moved to a place where we were alone with few contacts, had bought a house we weren't far enough into to afford to sell and we felt truly trapped with few prospects in the area for DH.   To top it off at that time we had no emergency fund.  It was a rough time but he ended up finding another job where we were and it ended up being better than before.  

I know it seems worse bc you're just a few months from giving birth but I'm sure something good will work out for you guys and hopefully soon! I think sometimes we want it all solved in a day but it will take a little time so be kind to yourself and allow yourself to relax some too.  Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    @achays11 - Ugh! I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with all that at once, especially you right now. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    HansolosparkaHansolosparka member
    edited February 2017
    @achays11 I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's accident and his job. My husband switched jobs right before I had my first, got laid off, got another job, got laid off- it is so stressful. 
  • Options
    @achays11 - I'm so sorry you're dealing with all that at once. Hope things turn around before your LO is here!

I'll join the club of ladies who are sore from cleaning and moving around this weekend. I worked on getting our home office/my craft room cleaned out to change over to the baby's room this weekend and all the getting up and down off the floor and going through stuff killed my back and hips. 

My rant - DH was sick with the dreaded man flu all weekend which meant single parenting and taking care of a big baby. I'm not kidding he stayed in bed all weekend and complained about how sick he was. I'd like for him to have to be pregnant and take care of a 3 year old for just one day! 

• Options
    Can't believe we are talking birth announcement thread. I love the idea though! This weekend is my shower and I'm so excited to celebrate baby and after it's  over I plan to pack the hospital bag. Close to 32 weeks. Last time I packed it at 33 and he came at 37 so I was happy to be ahead of the game. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @achays11 I'm sorry you have a this other stuff going on as well. Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

I agree with the rest of you. I like the organization of the way other boards have managed announcements and labour threads. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @achays11. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much right now.  My DH was laid off unexpectedly when DS was only 4 days old. He ended up falling into a great company, better pay, and more enjoyable work. I hope the same happens for you guys. 
  • Options
    @achays11 I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of that at once. 
  • Options
    I agree with having one thread for labor watch and one just for birth announcements. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Is anyone interested in having labor buddies?
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @KMD1106 I was just going to ask about labor buddies!  We did it on my last bmb but we were already at hogwarts when we did so wasn't sure about this time. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @KMD1106 I was just going to ask about labor buddies!  We did it on my last bmb but we were already at hogwarts when we did so wasn't sure about this time. 
    I feel like labor buddies can work if you either PM on the bump or message on FB then you only have to message one person, you don't even need to add them
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • Options
    What is a labor buddy?

Also, can someone explain the "Hogwarts" thing? I think I get it, but not sure... :-D
  • Options
    What is a labor buddy?

Also, can someone explain the "Hogwarts" thing? I think I get it, but not sure... :-D
    A labor buddy is usually the person due after you who you keep updated on your progress though labor so they can update the rest of the board.

I am assuming "Hogwarts" is the pet name for FB group?
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • Options
    Thanks again for all of the support ladies! His last company closed in April and he had luckily had an interview for this one the same week he was let go, so it didn't relay effect us. He had an interview a few weeks back for a much better job that was going to start by April, so right now he is talking to them about trying to get in early. Prayers that this works out! 

We do have family that will be willing to help out financially until we can figure everything out, I just hate being indebted to people. He contacted a lawyer today, and things will really depend on what he blew with the breathalyzer. We're really just hoping that he doesn't get arrested, but we do know that he will lose his license. Which will make me reliant on family when I go into labor and for getting home from the hospital. 

Lots of consequences of a really stupid decision. Please don't drink and drive!