March 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms! 2/27

Re: Randoms! 2/27

• Options
    Was there a c-section thread awhile back or am I imagining that? I thought there was but I can't find it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kjd291 gotcha..  I never got my period back either! I thought maybe your dates got changed a lot. I think she's just working on growing lots of cute little rolls for you to cuddle up with  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't find the Discounts thread, but I saw a Groupon for cards from Picaboo...40, 70, or 100 cards...I'm thinking birth announcements...just wanted to share :) 
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @kjd291 Did you know that elephants gestate for 2 YEARS?  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thinking of you @kjd291https://wisewomanwayofbirth.com/42-weeks-and-counting-loving-overdue-babies/

your attitude is already so positive but i thought this was a sweet collection of thoughts
  • Options
    @kjd291 i agree with you on the inductions. even though I'm sure my obs wouldn't be as open minded to letting me go past 42 weeks (especially since she's measuring big) i made it a point to thank my doc today for not pressuring me into anything and allowing me to feel in control of this pregnancy. I feel like so many women lose their voice or don't even know they have a say in the way they're taken care of.
  • Options
    @sunshine507 you should start a csection thread if there isn't one!  I had a stat c-section very unexpectedly after delivering one twin vaginally.  The whole birth was pretty traumatic but I will say -- the recovery from the section has been the easiest part!  That has really surprised me.  I guess I am lucky in that it was totally unexpected so I didn't exert a lot of energy stressing about it leading up to labor.  
  • Options
    @serenity13 definitely reccomend checking out the video!! Even if it doesn't change your plans-its really empowering reminder that your body is made to do this and you are the one that is in charge!

And wow! Holy nesting ;] glad you were able to check lots off your list and now you feel more prepared!
  • Options
    @SienaC I was sandwiched between DH and our 2 putties all night while everyone else was snoring, FARTING, and making puppy noises in their sleep, I laid awake... all night... Preggo insomnia for the past 4 nights and it's killing me. Cause I'm not cranky enough with these raging hormones. 
  • Options
    Sorry that you're joining the club @hippiemama :( still having contractions?  Hope you can LEAVE the club a lot sooner than me ;) 
  • Options
    @kjd291 nope. Everything has come to a screeching halt. 
  • Options
    @hippiemama I bet it's just the calm before the storm!! <3 you got this!!
  • Options
    @jrde50eb12 Sorry you're in the same boat as I am! I couldn't stay in the bedroom because I thought I would say something I would regret lol I had to go all the way downstairs and turn on the TV to drown out the sound of their snoring! Not sure who was louder- DH or the pup!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Not sure what to do...I know I'm being induced Friday (chronic hypertension and gestational diabetes) and the plan is to not let anyone know until the baby comes.  However, both my parents work, and my mom sent me an email this morning to tell me her boss plans to be at her office next Tuesday and she needs to give her a heads up if she won't be there so she can reschedule.  I don't want to piss off DH by telling my parents and not his, but at the same time I don't want to put my parents in a bind with their jobs either.  DH's dad works but his mom does not, and they aren't nearly as respectful of our space as my parents are.  I just don't know what to do...

• Options
    @kjd291 You are a superstar!! I feel very similar about birth to you and am going with a midwife at a hospital. I feel like its the best of both worlds!

@hippiemama Positive vibes your way that things will pick up soon!

I got my GBS results back and if I'm interpreting them correctly, it's positive. I have a midwife appt tomorrow, so we'll discuss it then. But I was hoping to not need an IV, but it looks like I'll probably need the heplock.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 do your parents live far away?  If you are induced Friday the baby should be out over the weekend...and that would make Tuesday an acceptable day for your mother to go into the office - unless she is traveling from out of town perhaps?  Then you won't have to tell one set of parents and leave one out. However, I have to say if this causes you stress just tell your mom.  Labor is a scary thing, we have the right to choose our people who make it 'safer' for us, this includes those there for emotional support both before and after...
  • Options
    @kjd291- you're a march mom after all! Not much longer, keep up the good spirits! I believe everything happens for a reason- and whatever reason that is, little lady is taking her time. Hope you are still feeling ok physically as you are doing SO great mentally! Maybe all that working out was to prepare you to go the extra week+, and your labor will be easy peasy! 

@hippiemama hope your LO decides to make an exit soon!

@ngcsugirl1112 sorry to hear you're in a tough situation, but if I were you, I would tell your mom if that makes you feel better. Are you worried that your MIL will show up at the hospital before you want her there if you tell her ab out the induction? Can you ask that even though you are being induced, you will not want any visitors until you and DH say it's OK? 
  • Options
    My coworker's daughter is pregnant and her original due date was March 8th. Well today she went in for a growth ultrasound and as it turns out...SHE'S DUE TODAY. They've had her EDD wrong the entire pregnancy. How does that even happen?! They're also estimating that her baby is already 8lbs13ozs. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My coworker's daughter is pregnant and her original due date was March 8th. Well today she went in for a growth ultrasound and as it turns out...SHE'S DUE TODAY. They've had her EDD wrong the entire pregnancy. How does that even happen?! They're also estimating that her baby is already 8lbs13ozs. 
    How did they figure that out? You can't do an accurate dating ultrasound this late #confused
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    @Goodmorning12 they live about 1.5 hours away...ILs live about an hour.  My mom is a branch manager for a bank and my dad is a teacher...FIL does plumbing work and MIL watches TV all day.  If he came Saturday, it would all depend what time of day as to when we would tell our families.  If in the evening, we'd probably wait until the next day, but in the afternoon we'd tell them that day.  

@jenny0228 yes, I know my MIL and FIL would show up at the hospital before we were ready for them to.  I already told her once that we didn't want anyone there until after I delivered, but I think the excitement would get the best of them and they'd show up, especially if we know we're going for a planned induction.  DH has made me be the bitchy DIL and tell his parents our requests (which I think is BS..his parents, he should man up and tell them) but it's just better if they don't know what's going on.  His mother is already calling him multiple times a day...

• Options
    RunBooRunRunBooRun member
    edited March 2017
    @ngcsugirl1112 if it were me, I would tell everyone the way you originally planned. I wouldn't let my parents (or anyone's) work schedule dictate when I was comfortable telling. Either her boss will understand and let her go, or she'll have to wait to see LO until after Tuesday. But I'm also a cold hearted B

ETA: not trying to suggest that if you decide to wait that you're a B. Simply saying that I personally wouldn't even think twice about it.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    Haha @RunBooRun I didn't take it that way :)  no worries!  I appreciate all insights and opinions

• Options
    @anonellis Oh man, you had a double whammy delivery? I'm so sorry! 
    I agree that someone should start a c section thread. It might be helpful for mamas that are planning for one and mom's that have unexpected ones.
  • Options
    @RunBooRun I have no idea how they figured that out. It might have been because she saw a new doctor today that probably looked at her LMP date and caught a mistake that her doctor didn't. You would think that would have been corrected by now! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @OctoberLove13 That's every pregnant woman's dream.  She just time traveled a week to her due date.  Jealous!

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, induction tomorrow morning. Question:
    What would YOU eat for breakfast?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Right?! @kap1988 I said "I'm a little jealous!"  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina how much time between breakfast and when you get to the hospital?  My induction was at midnight and they told me to avoid greasy foods and dairy that day, and to try and get some protein in, but I was nervous and could only really eat carbs.  i would vote oatmeal?  Maybe toast with a nut butter on it?  
  • Options
    anonellis said:
    @longliveregina how much time between breakfast and when you get to the hospital?  My induction was at midnight and they told me to avoid greasy foods and dairy that day, and to try and get some protein in, but I was nervous and could only really eat carbs.  i would vote oatmeal?  Maybe toast with a nut butter on it?  
    I go in at 8:30, but I'm assuming they are going to have to ripen my cervix so I'm not terribly fussed about nausea. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck @longliveregina! I'm heading in at 5 am for my induction and they told me no eating past midnight... I'll be put straight on Pit though since my cervix is ready, but I stillness find it weird that I'm not allowed to eat? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    goooood luck @CanadianintheSouth! Praying everything goes smoothly for you 
  • Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2017
    Good luck @longliveregina! I'm heading in at 5 am for my induction and they told me no eating past midnight... I'll be put straight on Pit though since my cervix is ready, but I stillness find it weird that I'm not allowed to eat? 
    Are they anticipating a Csection? Whatever happens, good luck tomorrow!!

My midwife told me to have a hearty breakfast, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker