May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chat 2/25 & 2/26

Re: Weekend Chat 2/25 & 2/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @starphish18 I love the vibe of your nursery! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    SKZW said:
    Kateriee said:
    vrj0522 said:
    @Kateriee - how big is your tortoise? It looks huge!
    She's 70lbs. My other one is 40lbs. They still have a lot to grow. My girl will probably top out at 150 lbs. 
    @Kateriee: She's cool! but how did you get her in the tub? Are you lifting more weight than a preg lady should?  :wink:
    Yeah, this will be the last time until LO is born. DH now gets the job of carrying her. My poor back.
  • Options
    @starphish18 - I painted a raw wood bookshelf white, and it was a much bigger pain than I anticipated, even without sanding and priming. With what you spend on supplies, plus your time investment, I bet it's cheaper to just buy a new white one. Loving your nursery, btw!
  • Options
    @starphish18 I just repainted our two nightstands and large floor mirror with chalk paint. It is super easy and fast. If you can find a kind that doesn't need waxing that is even better. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I feel so full. I haven't even eaten a real meal today. Like I have a snack and then it's like I am the fullest I've ever been. Blah 
  • Options
    Jens_Hoes said:
    For anyone that is into gymnastics, the meet was pretty awesome. We didn't realize both Madison Kocian and Kyla Ross, whom both competed in the last Olympics, are on UCLA. So we got to see them, which was cool. 
    That sounds super cool! I love Madison! 
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes I forgot those olympians were at ucla!  How exciting! 
  • Options
    So far weekend is going good, DH got DD and I lunch before going to work and after lunch I helped my SIL watch her BF's niece and nephew so we took all of the kids to a little park nearby and DD had a blast.
    DH is off tomorrow so maybe we'll go by IL's house and play card games with everyone. If we luck out I'm hoping our tax return will be there too since according to the IRS website it was officially sent out yesterday. I've been impatiently awaiting it so I can do some shopping for this baby and get some things done DH and I have been putting off for too long.
  • Options
    Had to call in to work because the Phoenix Marathon apparently shuts down my entire town. All the main roads were closed for hours. I could have gotten there....if I drove completely out of my way and left about 2 hours early. Wasn't worth it. Unfortunately, I did nothing productive with my day. I was a lazy bum. I work tomorrow....so nothing exciting this weekend for me.
  • Options
    @SparkySunDevil Right there with ya on the nonproductive. But sometimes you need that!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if mucinex is safe to take for chest congestion during pregnancy? I normally wouldn't ask the Internet this type of question, but it's Sunday morning and everything that my doctor's office has given me about OTC medicine focuses on how to treat a cough, but not chest congestion (plain robitussin after 12 weeks is safe for a cough. Nothing mentioned for chest congestion) Not sure I want to call the emergency line to ask about this, so I thought I'd start with you smart ladies. Thanks! 
  • Options
    @Icarriedawatermelon Plain Robitussin (guaifenesin) is on the safe list that my provider gives mamas. It'll certainly help loosen up what you have in your chest so it's easier to cough it out. Hope you're feeling better soon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    mdlorenz said:
    @Icarriedawatermelon Plain Robitussin (guaifenesin) is on the safe list that my provider gives mamas. It'll certainly help loosen up what you have in your chest so it's easier to cough it out. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Thanks! And I'm hoping those babies of yours stay put for 2 more weeks! 
  • Options
    @Icarriedawatermelon plain mucinex is okay too, just none of the extra strength stuff 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @achays11 hope he's ok, your both in my prayers. Keep us updated. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    achays11 said:
    MH was in a car accident this morning. He is awake and conscious, that is all of the details that I have. My in-laws are on their way to pick me up and take me to the hospital. 

I don't anyone IRL to know, so I hope that it's ok to post here. Any prayers would be appreciated if that's your thing. 
    Prayers for your hubby. Hope everything is ok. I'm glad he is awake and conscious! Big hugs.
  • Options
    @achays11 Hope he is ok! I'll keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @achays11 I'm so sorry, I hope everything is OK. Thinking of your family.
  • Options
    @achays11 t&p for you and your husband 
  • Options
    @achays11 praying he's ok.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @achays11, thinking about you and your husband. I hope everything is ok.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    achays11, praying for you and your husband. I hope he's okay.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @achays11, praying for him! I hope he's ok! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @achays11 keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.  
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @achays11 sending so many good thoughts your way!
  • Options
    @achays11 Hoping your husband is ok! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @Icarriedawatermelon My OB gave me plain Mucinex last month for chest congestion. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited February 2017
    @BabyMC517 my husband and I did the same thing before we closed. Literally, we did not know 100% that our loan for the house was officially approved until the day we got the keys because there were some major delays with the appraisal and inspections and some other crazy things that would take up too much time to explain. The loan officer kept telling us everything on our end looked good, but he was waiting on several things before we got the green light and they literally finished up the paperwork the day we close. To get back to your point, we started paking a month before even though we were uncertain because we just said one way or the other, we are moving out of this damn apartment. Anyways, i hope you hear something soon. Try not to stress.

As far as what I'm doing or have already done...today we are buying the nursey furniture and I just remembered that the mattress is separate. Shit! Lol

Yesterday, I bought a diaper bag, coming home outfit, and a few onesies

I wonder if we should start a "weekly shopping haul thread" like when couponers show their weekly haul or would that be bragging or not considerate of others???? I'm always buying something every week for the baby now and it would be fun to see what everyone else is buying during the week. 

Ok im done yapping. Lol
  • Options
    @achays11 hope your DH is ok.  Please keep us posted.  Thoughts and prayers for you and him