June 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 2-23

Countdown to the weekend has commenced!  Let's hear how everyone's doing this week!

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 2-23

• Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Chinchilla! (Funny story: DD asked how big the baby was, and I said "he's the size of a coconut". Her reply: "Can I see it?" I then had to explain that he wasn't ACTUALLY a coconut.)

Appointment updates? Ob and glucose tolerance test next Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes?  I've hit the point where I actually feel "big" - I keep getting slightly stuck on the sofa, and have started to waddle. I also have some appetite back!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm supposed to be figuring out my own maternity leave coverage, and it's starting to stress me out a bit. Add in some uncertainty around if I'll go full-term, and it's just messier than I'd like. 

I truly have no idea. I'm already on my third career trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    26w
    How big is baby? 
    Kale
    Appointment updates?
    28w and glucose coming up in 2 weeks
    Nope
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    It's absolutely gorgeous outside today. I may try to enjoy it a bit.
    Read and play with my kiddos
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Countdown to the weekend has commenced!  Let's hear how everyone's doing this week!

How far along are you?

24 weeks!

How big is baby? 

A cantelope.

Appointment updates?

Nothing going on until 3/9

I too have been feeling big. I feel like I'm just not comfortable all the time. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I know this is vain but I looked at a picture of myself at the beach last summer and got sad. I want my old body back and I knooooow babies change it and that's inevitable. But still. I'm ready to feel good again and not big and bloated all the time.  And I'm not even at the worst part of that yet!

Definitely not work. I think I would volunteer at an animal shelter to get out of the house while also staying home with my kids. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? Napa cabbage 

Appointment updates?
    Currently sitting in the car waiting for the hour to pass to get blood drawn for my glucose test. I don't feel as nervous about passing as the first time I took it but it's still a crappy test. 

Sleep has been hard. I think it's more my fibroid being in an uncomfortable place and making it tough to sleep on my sides. I went into a nesting frenzy last week and we got a good chunk of the nursery done. I feel like I can slow down a bit from this point. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just overjoyed with how well the nursery is coming together. It helped ease my feeling overwhelmed and I think the color is gorgeous. I guess kind of a rant + rave is that my appetite is coming back. I'm glad to be hungry but also, do I need to be this hungry? 

I'd be a stay at home wife/mom in a heartbeat. By myself I'd read, garden, and cook/bake. With the kid I'd try to do the best with all of the above (maybe when she's older) but also do lots of park trips and visits to the kid friendly museums. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale

Appointment updates? I go on Tuesday for a checkup and the GTT

Any new symptoms or changes?  Definitely starting to do the rocking chair move to get off the couch, and I still want to eat all. the. things.

Rants/Raves/Questions? It's been 80 and sunny all week here, I love it!!

I love staying home with my kids, but if we had all the money in the world I would love to be able to travel with them more, and also spend more time volunteering at PP and animal shelters.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    25 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    A prairie dog, napa cabbage, or baseball glove

Appointment updates?
    Nothing until March 10

Nothing new, other than feeling very tired again like I did in the first tri.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    This is probably a little TMI, but so are most things we talk about here. I am so grossed about by the increase in discharge I've experienced throughout pregnancy. It makes me feel less than sexy, and I've asked DH not to go down on me or attempt to at least. He's sweet and thinks or at least says I'm "extra" sexy now that I'm pregnant and is always wanting to hang out down there one way or another. I feel guilty about it.

I would travel and continue my education indefinitely.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? cantelope

Appointment updates? nothing until mid March when I have my glucose test

Any new symptoms or changes?  feeling big all of a sudden

Rants/Raves/Questions? almost done with my mountain wall for the nursery

travel, hike, spend time with my babies
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    25 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Baseball glove
    Appointment updates?
    Passed my Glucose Challenge! Phew...
    Confirmed that I have pregnancy-induced asthma again...no asthma at baseline, but been coughing non-stop for the past month and last time I waited until my pulmonary function was super off. Got put on an inhaler to manage symptoms and hoping the cough is gone within the next week or two.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nope

I'd probably scale back at work part-time (would never not work...put too much into getting my degrees and starting my career to ever give it up fully)...and I'd totally travel more. Money is tight living in NYC on one income (mine), so it'd be nice to actually be able to afford a real vacation!
  • Options

How far along are you? 23w

How big is baby? Barbie doll

Appointment updates? This Tuesday

Any new symptoms or changes?  Finally feeling a lot of kicks

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have an awful cold, caught from someone in the hospital I work at.  I've been miserable since Monday and even worse this weekend.

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day? Travel.  Would love to see everywhere.