September 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 2/23

Re: UO Thursday 2/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lahearn18 excuse me while I go to my parents house and raid all of their books.... 
     :D 
  • Options
    @amandarene112 @mrsmgsee @lahearn18 I also ❤️The HP series.  I am a little different though since I didn't read any of the books until adulthood ( I had to see what the hype was about) But I still got sucked into the characters. 
  • Options
    @lap018 Same here. I grew up in a conservative home so I wasn't allowed to read the books until I was older, but I never thought magic was real or that I was going to use spells or anything. And we were allowed to read Narnia...like what? Because that magic is fine?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE Harry Potter!! I don't understand people who don't love it. I read the first book when I was in middle school and read the last book when I was in college. It was part of my childhood! 
  • Options
    DH never read harry potter, but i've made him watch the movies, and now he likes it. He gets excited and lets me know it's on TV and watches it with me. I don't know if it is more because he knows it makes me happy or if he actually likes it. 
  • Options
    @Texafornian Lol yes three! It made it really easy to get into all the magic! I'm the baby of the group here! (As far as I know...)
    They really do get progressively darker and explore deeper themes as they go on. My mom and I always used to have good talks about some of the things happening, like death and loss and sacrifice and stuff. It really helped me as a sixth grader to be able to understand better what was happening. I think I was in sixth grade when the last one came out... I don't quite remember.. 
  • Options
    So you guys made me want to watch HP, I'm watching the very first one and I keep laughing out loud at how bad Daniel Radcliffe is in this one.... like when he's walking past the broom in the shop... I laughed so hard! I haven't watched this one in so long....
  • Options
    I agree with all the ER comments.  I had severe dehydration about 3w ago due to the stomach bug, to the point that I couldn't make sentences that made any sense, and I couldn't stop shaking.  Half the waiting room ahead of me was just people with coughs and sniffles.  I ended up waiting two hours before I even had my BP checked or blood drawn.  I knew it would be like that ahead of time, but I was desperate.  I only go when I literally have no other options.  

As for 50 Shades, the writing is awful.  The worst part is that the main leads for the movie have ZERO chemistry.  None.  I'm one of those people who, if they start a series of books, needs to finish it.  I started the first movie, but never actually finished it, which pretty much says how bad I thought it was.  

I do love the Harry Potter movies/ books though!

DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ColoradoHiker ugh that's awful! I had a flu like that a few years ago, couldn't stop dry heaving, I couldn't feel my arms and legs, DH had to carry me to the truck and then into the ER. Idk what I would have done if I had to wait.... yuck! 
    I know it's been a few weeks but I hope you're feeling better! That sounds HORRIBLE. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Ikr! I love how that actually became a saying. "You got longbottomed." (i.e. when someone you rejected in grade school became model status in high school or college)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ColoradoHikerColoradoHiker member
    edited February 2017
    @bridge-and-wall  Uh, when did HP come out??  I remember when the first movie happened, I wasn't really into the books at the time, so I don't remember when that came out.  For the record, I'm 33, so.. you're in good company.  And @DPandMB

ETA: Along with my chicken nugget baby. I think I liked the chocolate donut hole from last week better!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    The first book was 1997. The first movie was 2001. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    jmn1985 said:
    Thanks guys.... because of this convo i just HAD to order the full Blu Ray box set of Harry Potter for same day Prime delivery.    :D
    I'm renting them on amazon video lol!
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall if it makes you feel any better, I think most people here were much older than me  :# like I said... I'm the baby... I feel like Ariel when she tells her dad she's sixteen and not a child anymore. Lol. 
  • Options
    I got the whole set last Halloween because I wanted an HP marathon. 
    2001? I would have been only 8. Wow, I thought they came out later than that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited February 2017
    @mrsmgsee I didn't know we were so close in age!! 
    Edited to say I'll be 23 this June, so I'm what like a year and some change younger than you right? I'm bad at math-ing with dates and such...
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Yep! I'm only 24. I'm a late '92 baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsmgsee my sister was born In 92 too! She just turned 25 in January. 
  • Options
    I'll be 34 when this kid is born. I had my first child 3 days after turning 33. 

I also love HP! 
  • Options
    I LOVE HARRY POTTER!! I was 7 I think when it came out. So yea, I grew up with the characters pretty much! I need another magical book series to read. My lame dh has never read HP. I told him he will read HP to our LO.

Omg I need to make sure I have all the books now and none were stolen by my siblings.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    My lame DH never read HP either! And won't watch the movies.  :|
  • Options
    @amandarene112 You and your husband sound awesome! I think mine might agree to Hermione, but I haven't asked. I gave him the HP tie collection when he graduated from college. He wears them to school all the time. His students love them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @Texafornian  we still  <3 you tho!  
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall That's awesome! I bet his students love him, he sounds fun. We have a lot of subtle nerdy decor in our house and (perhaps less subtle stuff) in our wardrobes. I'm actually kind of shocked DH won't go for Hermione, he loves HP almost as much as I do. 

• Options
    @Texafornian Yes, you do! If I had any photoshop skills, I'd make you a badge. ;) But I :heart: you regardless!

• Options
    I'm actually surprised to see so many late 80's and 90's babies here! (1990 represent). 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I have, admittably, lurked this thread like a weirdo without participating, lol. 

I love Harry Potter, and started reading the books when I was 11.

I have read all the 50 Shades and Twilight books, and agree that the writing sucked. Bad. I can't not finish a series, though. I've seen the movies for the same reason. 

Also, I hate cold weather, people who go needlessly to the ER, and don't enjoy Rihanna. 
    Pregnancy Ticker