September 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 2/23

Lets hear your most unpopular opinion!

Re: UO Thursday 2/23

• Loading the player...
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited February 2017
    @hatrats one time DH had some stuff going on and we were in the waiting room of the ER, a sweet little old lady came in, wheeled in by her son in her wheelchair, he told the intake ladies that his mom was suffering chest pain and thought she was having a heart attack. THEY MADE HER WAIT FOR HALF AN HOUR UNTIL THEY SAW HER. I was so pissed. Like for real she could have died in your waiting room. And she was in pain the whole time. 

Edited to say I know I was vague about DH but I don't feel I need to share why we were there.
  • @daniellelynette Ugh, exactly. People could literally die in the waiting room while someone with a cold is taking up a bed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @hatrats I couldn't even believe this lady had chest pain and they made her wait. My dad went in with chest pain one time and they got him in immediately. But I totally agree, having the sniffles isn't a reason to take up space and resources in the ER.
  • @Becky012016 I'm sure they were busy but they let three people go before her who shouldn't have, one guy had a big splinter in his finger.. they had room when she came in but let people go ahead of her so she had to wait.
    And we just got a couple inches of snow I'd be willing to share with you if you want lol
  • @daniellelynette I would LOVE the snow! We should have had about 20 inches by now from December to today but have only had a whopping 1 inch. Farming this summer is going to suck with this drought. 

• @Becky012016 this isn't a great picture because the wind has blown it all over the place but we've got plenty to share! There was already a rollover at 5 this morning. DHs pager woke me up and scared the crap out of me. Why is it nobody can drive once a little precipitation hits the ground? 
  • @Becky012016 @BookitBoo have you guys seen that documentary Before The Flood? It's really good
  • @daniellelynette I haven't! Other than a few shows I don't watch much TV, but thatt sounds fun. Is it on netflix?
  • Ummmm I'm not sure, I watched it on Hulu but idk if it's there anymore. It might still be on dish on demand? I'll check if it's on Netflix. It's about climate change if you haven't googled it already lol
  • @BookitBoo I don't think its on Netflix :(
  • @HollyGolightly09 & @bridge-and-wall

DH deactivated his too. We are on this social media cleanse thing for the new year kind of dealio. He logged in a few days ago and logged right back out because information overload. & He was soo one of those people who followed EVERY PERSON HE WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH and every single page that ever existed and would just scroll FOREVER. It was a hard transition to no more FB, but it's soooo nice now. I just can't stand it. I cannot believe I had facebook for 11 years! 
  • @amandarene112 but is it really bad that I read all the books and I want to see the movies? I cringed reading the books. The writing was awful and such a rip off of twilight! 
  • 50 Shades is erotic Twilight fan fiction. Both series have horrendous writing, editing, and spell checking errors. 
  • I never read 50 shades....   :|
  • I've been reading this book called Spousonomics, which basically looks at marriage from an economics view. It's really good!
  • Omg I read the first 50 shades and half of the second and they were awful. 
  • @amandarene112 but is it really bad that I read all the books and I want to see the movies? I cringed reading the books. The writing was awful and such a rip off of twilight! 
    So I've read all the books and have seen both movies (didn't pay to see them, watched the online versions). The first movie had TERRIBLE acting. The man who played Grey kept on switching back and forth between his actual accent (Irish?) and his characters accent.   

The second movie wasn't as bad, the acting seemed to be better. He must have gotten a better coach. 

Im the type of person who has to finish what I start and that's how I read all three books even though they were terrible. And because curiosity killed the cat, I had to watch the first movie, which will lead to watching all three. 
  • @kailapop I said the exact same thing about the actor that plays Christian! And I'm the same way, I read the first of a series, I need to read the whole series. And now with the movies.
  • @hatrats I used to have Tricare as a kid (military insurance), and at the time their hospitals didn't have urgent care, so you had to choose between waiting 2+ weeks for a doctor's appt or going to the emergency room. It's pretty much the worst system ever, and now that I have access to urgent care I don't know why people would waste time clogging up the emergency room. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • the only 50 shades I like is the one Ellen degeneris remade. I love that woman! She is hilarious 
  • jutondreaujutondreau member
    edited February 2017
    @hatrats I used to have Tricare as a kid (military insurance), and at the time their hospitals didn't have urgent care, so you had to choose between waiting 2+ weeks for a doctor's appt or going to the emergency room. It's pretty much the worst system ever, and now that I have access to urgent care I don't know why people would waste time clogging up the emergency room. 
    Hate to say it, but it hasn't gotten much better @mightymcqueen. A lot of the overseas and remote bases have  UCs or ERs attached to them now, but a lot of times you are getting new docs to treat you which I don't think is much better 

edited: the bump ate my post!
  • @hatrats I used to have Tricare as a kid (military insurance), and at the time their hospitals didn't have urgent care, so you had to choose between waiting 2+ weeks for a doctor's appt or going to the emergency room. It's pretty much the worst system ever, and now that I have access to urgent care I don't know why people would waste time clogging up the emergency room. 
    My Naval hospital here has an urgent care not an ER and the regular clinic has walk in appointments for a common sickness. 
  • @jutondreau By the time I was in college they let us go to other hospitals if we paid a small fee (like a copay), which made life SO MUCH EASIER. I got used to having a constant rotating cast of doctors, so going to the same doctor over and over now makes me feel weird. 
    @lahearn18 My regular hospital was just a clinic+lab and they were severely overbooked all the time. It might be expensive, but I definitely enjoy the perks of civilian healthcare. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have no idea how to use instagram :/ 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 I can't figure out Snapchat!

Along the lines of @amandarene112's 50 Shades UO...I just don't get the draw to the Harry Potter series! Fun storytelling perhaps...but mediocre writing! (For the record...I've seen both 50 Shades movies and thought both were meh...I read halfway through the second book and put it away as it's just crappy writing...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • I read the 50 shades series knowing that the writing was terrible but enjoying the easy read. I had the hardest time with the fact that she mentions a character drives a 2005 chevy camaro. Chevy didn't make a Camaro in 2005.
    **TW** Loss mentioned
    Me:35 DH:35
    Married 9/2013
    BFP#1 1/28/2014 DS born 10/21/2014
    BFP#2 7/4/2016 , MC at 7w5d on 7/27
    BFP#3 1/5/2017