June 2017 Moms

Random Wednesday GTKY: First drink post baby

It has been a trying few weeks so I have been trying to select my first post baby drink.  What's everyone thinking for yours?  Bonus points for pictures  ;)
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Random Wednesday GTKY: First drink post baby

•  Now, I'm salivating. 

My first cocktail at a restaurant will be my favorite Mexican place's Paloma. 

At home, I like to make a lower calorie cocktail with Tito's, lime juice, a raspberry lemonade Crystal Light packet, and club soda.
  • DH doesn't drink and would prefer I don't while breast feeding. Which is fine with me. Im actually surprised that I don't miss it! Plus, i don't want to pump and dump! But my first drink, whenever that is, will be a nice cold draft beer! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Typically I would say a glass of Pinto Grigio. However, I've been stuck on having a margarita since I found out I was pregnant. 
  • An expensive glass of Cabernet. Man I miss a good glass of wine!
  • I've put a lot of thought into this. Probably my favorite drink of vodka, sparkling water and lemon. 
  • I'll probably have wine first bc it is easy. But I love frozen drinks like piña coladas!
  • Probably a Guinness, just because it's good for your milk supply. If I'm feeling froggy I might have a pina colada. I had this huge list of things I was going to eat/drink after DD was born and then shortly after I got pregnant I realized I hadn't partaken in most of them :(
  • @Wearmi1 I will have to look for that one!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Elyse1384 said:
    alm52386 said:
    DH doesn't drink and would prefer I don't while breast feeding. Which is fine with me. Im actually surprised that I don't miss it! Plus, i don't want to pump and dump! But my first drink, whenever that is, will be a nice cold draft beer! 
    Please please please don't tell me you let his preference drive your decision though.  I told DH that I don't care what his preference for my food/drink intake is when I'm the one carrying and nursing the baby.  He backed off mighty quick during my first pregnancy.  Haha

I consult with my OB about what is/is not OK and make a decision from there.  I drink a glass of wine (small) once or twice per week while pregnant so I'm not really missing wine, but boy do I miss my martinis!  DH and I always celebrate new baby with a bottle of wine from his collection.  He surprises me when we get home. Last time was a bottle of 1997 Opus One!  Delightful. I'm curious to see what he breaks out this time!
    No. I just don't really care either way (at this point) so I probably won't. If I really want to though I will. 
  • @FSUNole31 it's delicious... subtly sweet and doesn't disappoint!  
  • Probably a glass of wine since it's the easiest to get my hands on....but if this craving for a margarita doesn't pass soon, I'll be trying to figure out how much of one I can drink and still nurse (I went by the "if you don't feel buzzed, baby can drink your milk" philosophy)
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Probably champagne at home. The first cocktail I would have would be a margarita. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mine will probably be a frozen raspberry margarita or another frozen drink.  Summer and frozen drinks go hand in hand for me!
  • @Elyse1384 I get it! And I agree too! There's plenty of other things I eat/drink that he doesn't like but I tell him to get over it. But drinking alcohol is a little different since I don't really care either way and he is extra sensitive about it. So I often respect his opinions when it comes to alcohol. 
  • At home I'll have clementine vodka and sprite. I'd love to have a frozen strawberry margarita. 
  • I do occasionally have a beer or small glass of wine during pregnancy, but no hard alcohol. My first drink PP ideally will be rye whiskey (neat) or an old fashioned. 
  • Peach vodka and lemonade!!! It's my at home drink of choice during the summer.. however, when we go out it will either be a frozen margarita or a strawberry daiquiri
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I indulge in one cider beer a week, but after baby I will hit the hard stuff, probably a Bloody Mary or Margarita, maybe both. 
  • I will be enjoying a glass of champagne when I get home after baby is born! I'm really looking forward to it! 
  • Hands down, a Michelada. You have not lived if you have not had a Michelada. Slurp. 

• @Kylieslip24. I am going to need to know where this hospital is....I am sure it is worth the commute during labor.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Santa Cruz, California we actually seriously thought about moving back so we could go there again. It was like a hotel. We are just across county lines so insurance won't let us.  :/
  • A super dark delicious beer- Stout, Porter... I don't care. Just give it to me.
  • I don't like to drink much when i am first breastfeeding and I can't be sure I have a decent window between feedings, so I'll probably just share a dark porter with dh occasionally in the early days our have a small glass of wine. Later on when I am more comfortable with a real drink, I want a nice big margarita. Also anything with Bailey's in it. I'm actually a big fan of Bailey's straight over ice cream.
  • All the wines!!!! Lol! And whiskey. So I never drink whiskey, but it has smelled so good  ever since I've become pregnant. I can't wait to try one after the baby is out! 
  • It would have to be either a frozen mojito or frozen lime margarita. Summer equals frozen drinks!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • My favorite wine (which also happens to be very cheap!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • A nice, delicious Guinness. Holy cow, I want it now. 

• For real though... my first drink will probably be a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA... it's alright - not my favorite style beer, but it is heavy on the hops and seriously helped up my milk production when I stalled last pregnancy.

Drink for me, just for my enjoyment/taste, would be a glass of one of my favorite Pinot noir wines along with some piave cheese... or I would love a legit porter or stout.