October 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In | 2.22.17

jessafishyjessafishy member
edited February 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Good morning! 

1. How far along are you?

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want?
 --------
I heart theSkimm
I heart YNAB
---------
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
- Albus Dumbledore

Re: STM+ Check In | 2.22.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options

5+2

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?
    I am doing pretty okay. I really expected to be sicker and or more tired and while I have a little of both nausea and exhaustion it is no where near like with my girls .... boy? Jk jk BSC symptom stalking old wives tales 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?
     Nothing really. Gearing up for my girls first competition of the season on Saturday! 

DH and I think this will be our last (3). But of course not sure. I'm pretty certain but can't say how I will feel in the future. Although I always said I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30. I will still be 30 when LO gets here but turn 31 3 months later soooo were probably done. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @mrs_fogue I think only Tylenol. I had a really bad headache and doc said I could do extra strength Tylenol. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! 

I'm 7w3d along. 

Feeling exhausted and lethargic in the evenings, after 3pm I'm useless. Having daily headaches and trying to get thru it without meds. I'm afraid to take anything because I'll be using them all day every day, so don't want to get dependent. Constipated lol god aversions, nausea, stuff like that. Same as with my DS, he's 22 months

DH wants many kids haha I'm happy with 3, but I'll be thrilled with 2 healthy ones if we're blessed with a sticky bean this time. After 2 MCs I'm not sure if I can handle more losses. So can't wait for the first u/s. I'll be 8w1d and we must be able to see a HB then. 

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue Last pregnancy I was having some headaches and my doc recommended taking Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin). It did help! Be warned though, it turns your pee super bright.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options

kkerner87  that's what I thought we could take just couldn't remember exactly. 

jessafishy  I may try that as an alternative first.  IDK if it's hormonal headaches or from this weather we've had the last few days. 

• Options

1) How many weeks are you? 4+6

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good. I had one short wave of nausea last week (that's actually what made me take a test) and sore breasts. And super hungry. I didn't have too many symptoms with DS and this pregnancy is similar so far. Still early though, so who knows.

3) Rants/Raves/Questions? My first appt isn't for another month! With DS it was the same, first appt at 9 weeks. My OB has a really low-intervention approach, which I appreciate, but it's still kind of nerve-wracking in the beginning. It's just crazy hearing about everyone going in so early. 

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? Two. We've always been in agreement about that.

@mrs_fogue One of the things I'm most looking forward to is when my hair gets thicker! I think that started in second tri last time. Right now it's still shedding like crazy, as usual.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 6+6

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Food aversions fatigue, not much else going on. Also chasing a 13 month old so could be tired from that :)

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? I lied to my OB and going for a scan today. Told them I was experiencing pain and needed to get checked. Truth is we are going on vacation tomorrow with 15 friends and they are going to figure me out right away (i'm always first to the beer), so before I tell them I want to see that baby is OK. I've been nervous with a lack of symptoms, so praying there is something there to be seen today! Send me your sticky vibes ladies ~

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? I'd love 3 but DH is firm on 2. I'm the youngest of 5 siblings and love our big family, and want that for my kids. but ill be 36 so we are running out of time :(
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 7w5d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Gas pains like whoa. Feelin' gaggy but not really pukey. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? After today's first US, i'm feeling like i just got a BFP again. this is so surreal

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? I used to want 4 but i really hate being pregnant lol If this one is a boy, we may be okay to be done with 2. If this one is a girl, i guess we might need to go for #3
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 5 weeks, 3 days

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I am so exhausted, no matter how much sleep I get. I can barely function after putting my 14 month old to bed at 8pm. I don't remember being this tired last time, but I also didn't have to take care of a toddler last time. I'm having major heartburn and indigestion which I had last time too. I'm also experiencing round ligament pain already which seems super early to me. I don't have morning sickness yet, but I do feel nauseous in the morning before I eat so I know it's coming. It started at 6.5 weeks last time. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm counting down the days until my first prenatal appointment (3/13). The waiting is the worst part of early pregnancy. I just want to see this little nugget or at least hear his/her heartbeat! 

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? We would love to have 4 kids.  
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 6w2d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Breast tenderness, some nausea close to meal time, tiredness, kind of emotional! I honestly don't remember how I felt at this point with DS, I know I started getting MS really bad at 9w, so we'll see...

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? Went in for bloodwork at my new OB today and they scheduled my first U/S a month from now!!!! D: I got my first U/S with DS at 7 weeks due to a SCH, so I was just shocked they're going to wait that long. It doesn't feel real yet and I was hoping an early U/S would help!

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? Sigh. Difficult question. I would love to have a large family but I'm not the type that can handle. DH and I are both super Type A borderline neurotic. DS is a wonderful, sweet boy and I love him to pieces, but raising him the past 2.5 years hasn't been a cakewalk to say in the least. So we'll stop at 2. This is the "DS really needs a sibling to build character" baby lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    riverraine  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I remember last pregnancy my doctor was doing all sort of tests because hair loss during pregnancy is not the norm.  We chalked it up to hormones and I was relieved to see it stop during 2nd tri.  I seriously thought I was going bald and did in a few spots.
  • Options
    @grkgdss00 I think it's so funny that you lied to the OB lol I'd do the same thing. I've been close to it a few times but decided to just wait since it's not too far off 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 6w 4days 

i am so so so nauseas. Nothing new. Maybe a little better than last time at this point, but it's getting bad and I'm over feeling so sick. No motivation or feelings at all right now cause I'm sooooo blah. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?

teaching when u wanna throw up sucks big time 

probably 3, but most likely we'll only do 2, because I feel way to sick! 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 5w2d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Nothing really yet. Tired but that's fairly normal for me haha! I've also been really enjoying shrimp, I don't think it qualifies as a craving yet but it's definitely being enjoyed.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? No don't think so

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? I'd like 4 I think, time will tell
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    @mrs_fogue tylenol is safe, I like Tylenol ultra but it does have caffeine.

If it makes some of you feel better, I'm high risk and don't get an appt until March 14 haha! The wait does suck, I totally get it.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 6w4d, ultrasound showed 2 days behind so we will see if my midwife changes my due date

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I'm thirsty ALL THE TIME! Also having the slightest bit of nausea pretty much constantly. And anything too sweet grosses me out. This is totally different than my pregnancies with my boys. I was never nauseous with them. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? I think I need to find a new midwife. I'm very "crunchy" and wanted to ask her some questions about natural remedies for heartburn, placenta encapsulation, etc. Instead of listening and having a conversation she said "just take medication". I don't even like to take Tylenol unless I feel like I'm dying and can't take it anymore. Also, she put an elective C-section on the table if this baby turns out to be as big as my last son. I told her specifically "NO I do not want that" and she responded with "we will revisit it when you are further along". Yes my last son was 10lb4oz, but I birthed him totally unmedicated and with no complications. I think I've proved that I can handle a big baby!

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? This will be our last baby. I've always wanted 3, but I had to wait until my husband decided if he could handle being outnumbered LOL   We have agreed that we can't handle 4 so no more after this one. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 7w 4d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Nausea, EXTREME exhaustion, food aversions, low appetite, bloating,  a little emotional. I'd say it's been about the same as my pregnancy with DD, but I feel more exhausted that I remember being with her. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with keeping up with a 3 year old and not being able to nap whenever I want to though lol. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm waiting (not so patiently) for appointments to start over here too. First appointment on Friday, but just for bloodwork/ medical history. They said they will schedule an ultrasound withing the next couple of weeks, but agh I'm so impatient.

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? We planning on stopping at 2, so unless this pregnancy is multiples that is likely all we will have :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 8w2d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Mostly nausea throughout the day and exhaustion. I definitely didn't get this sick with DD (I only recall have very minor waves of nausea a few times, nothing regular). I also don't remember being this tired, but I have a feeling taking care of a toddler on top of pregnancy is the differing factor.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? Nothing at the moment.

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? Probably 2. DH is set on 2, but I'd like to keep an open mind on 3. I have a feeling that in a few years I'll get baby fever and want another one ☺
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    operaghostoperaghost member
    edited February 2017
    1. How far along are you? 6w2d.  Allegedly.

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Just some mild nausea in the morning, but I've been taking Dramamine and it helps.  I had this last time I was pg too.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?  I want to eat a bucket of sushi and I can't. Don't even get me started on the no-drinking thing.  I really hate being pregnant.

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want?  Originally I was all, "no kids ever".  Then we had our daughter and I was "one and done".  Now we're expecting a second.  Soooo I guess I have no idea what I want!
  • Options
    6w5d

Just started with the quesiness this week.  Had no nausea last time. Fatigue is about the same but I need to power through with my mom strength.  Less acne this go round.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I won't be confirming viability before my vacation next week which kinda bums me out/worries me.

Three ideally.  I afraid though if this is a girl that we'll stop at 1 of each.  If it's another boy, I would try for a girl (if it's a third boy then I'm meant to be a boy mom!)

TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello, hello!

6w4d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Minimal symptoms. Frequently forgetting I am pregnant. I am tired, but I think that's mostly due to limiting caffeine. Very similar to my last pregnancy. I think I had more food aversions by this time though. I had a lot of debilitating hip pain last time as well...but that started second trimester. That was my biggest symptom by far so I'm just waiting for that to rear it's ugly head.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? First appointment on Friday! Just with the nurse though. Nothing exciting but at least it's something. I feel like I really need someone else to confirm that i am pregnant even though I've taken many HPTs like a crazy person.

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? For all my life I only wanted one child. I was an only child and loved every second of it. Somewhere in the last year that changed and I couldn't imagine NOT having another baby. DH always wanted two. And he really wants a boy. He's ALREADY bringing up the idea of a third child if this is another girl. Sigh. Slow down there buddy. A family member of mine kept trying for a girl...they ended up with 4 boys before they got their girl. I don't want to go down that road.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    5 weeks tomorrow.  Symptoms have been pretty mild so far, last time they didn't start until around 8 weeks though.  Super bloated, mild cramps, boobs sore as of this morning.  No rants really just super impatient for my first apt. On March 17th!!
  • Options
    1.  4w3d

2. Been feeling ok. The usual rundown/I just wanna nap feeling everyday. A lot of bloating and some nausea. I never had and nausea my first pregnancy. 

3.  Not really rant/rave/question but just concerned about paying for 2 kids in daycare. One of us not working really isn't an option, so I guess we will find a way to make it work. 

4. I'm not sure how many. Probably just two, but who knows. Maybe we will have a third. Once the first one is in school...because you know, daycare! :wink:
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 6 weeks... or so I thought. My doctor says my blood work says 5 weeks. I'll wait until my first scan before i change anything.

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? no symptoms so pretty much similar to my first time.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?  How the hell am I going to look after 2 kids?!??!!?!?!??! How much does your DH get involved with direct kid care? My DH is pretty slack but I've pushing him a lot more to step up but he requires constant direction. It's so frustrating. I do not want to be a whale and still be doing all the bedtimes for DS.

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? Between 2 and 4. It all depends how the second kid is. DS was high needs for the first 6 months. He eased up but was still relatively high needs until 10 months when he started walking. If LO2 is also high needs then I may have to stop there. We shall see.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    1. How far along are you? 7+3

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? some nausea but mostly hunger lol. This pregnancy so far is a lot better symptom wise, no sore boobs, no constant nausea. I'm also exercising this go round, so I feel a lot better.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? Any stm trying for a vbac? And if so what made you decide on a vbac vs rcs

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? 2 maybe 3, depends on if I have a rcs
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 5w3d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Bloat, which I had with my first. Nausea, too. With DS, I felt sick at 7:30 every morning, like clockwork. This time around it seems to be in the evening. And sore boobs, which is new to me. I have IGT, so I'm hoping that it's a sign that I'll make more milk this time around. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? We told my parents this weekend. They were really happy. I'm having a much harder time keeping this one quiet. 

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? 2. This is it. Once the baby is born, SO will be getting snipped. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 5w0d

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Feeling exhausted (but that might be due to cutting back on my caffeine) and HOLY SENSE OF SMELL, BATMAN. 

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? Maybe this isn't pregnancy related, but I've been having random hot flashes! I thought those were for menopause only! 

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want? I'd love two, ideally :smiley:
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting yeah, daycare is crazy expensive and it's hard to find a good quality place. I just keep telling myself paying for it is temporary, the kids won't be in it forever!
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting I am okay with it. It took a bit of convincing for DH to be on board with another so I feel lucky that I'm even getting 2. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    7 weeks 1 day

A little nausea.  I'm tired.  So far, this one is harder than the other 2 but it's still hasn't been terrible.  I have it much easier than some other ladies do, so although i wish i felt more normal, i have 0 room to complain.    

3. Rant/Rave/Questions?  
    I'm kind of scared to add a 3rd baby.  We have a good routine and our family is so nice the way it is.  We wanted this baby and tried for it, but sometimes i have bouts of anxiety as to whether this was a mistake and i feel so guilty for thinking/wondering that.  I wanted this baby and it will 100% be loved and we'll make it work no matter what and it will be great.  But i worry i'll miss us the way we are right now.  Am i a terrible person?  Someone please tell me i'm not alone. 
    Also, crap like this:  https://www.thebump.com/news/why-you-should-only-have-two-kids-three-years-apart  does not help my hormonal self with this concern

This is our last.  This pregnancy has been hard that the last too.  I'll be 34 when he/she is born.  We don't have space of the money for a 4th.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue for headaches, if regular tylenol doesn't cut it, you can do excedrin tension headache (it's tylenol and caffeine). Just remember no aspirin or ibuprofen, though I'm sure you remember that from your last pregnancy. I have migraines, so I had to get a script for Tylenol with codeine for more stubborn headaches and another script for Fioricet. 

@ehepner I felt the exact same way when we were pregnant with our 3rd. I had so many times where I would panic and think "what are we thinking? Why are we out numbering ourselves?". It may just have been her super laid back personality, but I feel like she was the easiest baby of my 3. By the third, you also get the hang of things, really start to understand what's worth stressing over, what's not and what you do and don't need as far as baby gear and such. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 8+4

2. What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? still dealing with nausea when I get hungry. Ready to fall asleep at 8pm as soon as the kids are in bed. Had a nasty migraine combined with my toddlers stomach bug I caught yesterday, so I spent my morning in the er getting fluids since I couldn't even keep water down. Thankfully, I'm on the mend, so now I'm back to overanazlying my nausea to make sure I'm still feeling MS.

This is on part with my other pregnancies. Tires, nauseous and headaches. Same story, different pregnancy lol. It just gets harder having more kids to take care of. Luckily my older two are in school full time, so it's me and the toddler all day.

3. Rant/Rave/Questions? I just want to rant about headaches. I get them frequently even when not pregnant, but I hate taking meds while pregnant. I'm tired of feeling guilty for taking narcotic meds, but if I let the headache get too bad, my BP goes up, so I just can't win. Guilt over meds, or feel miserable and have high BP. Ugh

4. GTKY: How many kids do you want?  originally when we had our first, we thought we were one and done. Then we had our second, he was difficult, thought we were done at two. Then he got easier, so we had a third and swore up and down we were done. But we never felt like we really were. So here we are at number 4 lol. But this is ABSOLUTELY the last one. 
  • Options
    @sjohns08 thanks.  honestly, I couldn't remember what was a no-no and what was ok.  So I haven't been taking anything and just toughing through it.  I want to call my Dr and bitch at them for waiting until the end of the 1st trimester for 1st appointment.  I mean I could really use the little packet they hand out right about now with all the helpful tips.
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue hopefully this helps! this is what mine gave me 
  • Options
     @sjohns08 a) you are a doll!  Thanks for this! b) your doctor even lists what and what not to use for lice :D like that's a normal ailment!
  • Options
    Can I start a new thread about having 2 kiddos in daycare!! Please! I need advice @buttercream_frosting