Happy Tuesday Ladies!!!

How far along?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Team Pink/Blue/Green 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: what is one thing you really like about yourself?

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/21

• Loading the player...
  • @lilylover27 yay for the painted nursery! :) 
    that's really annoying that your FIL just can't accept the name y'all might just choose! Not his baby so his opinion is not needed, glad you won't let him affect your decision. :)

• @SWE2, we got a new mattress last year and it was a serious game changer! And, I believe it was me with the peanut butter chocolate shake that I had for dinner from 5 Guys on Sunday night. It was so. good. Although I almost cried (yes, seriously) because I ordered the shake and they told me they had just run out. So, I ordered real food and sulked while I waited and then the worker was like "wait! I can make one more! it's yours for free!" And then I wanted to cry tears of happiness, lol...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo your DS sounds like such a sweetie!!! :) 7 WEEKS!! Wow!!!!!!

@slowmo and @SWE2 I'll soak up some rays for Y'all :) 
    @slowmo also yay to getting the nursery started, so exciting!! 

• Hi everyone!!  

@lilylover27 ugh, I've never understood people who have name opinions, unless you've specifically asked for them!  Once there's a baby attached to the name, hopefully people will start to like the name because of the baby! 

@MrsFox2008 ah, the beach sounds amazing!! Have so much fun!! 

@Kipperoo yikes! 7weeks seems so soon!!  My OB has said he will be "shocked" if I make it to term this time, which gives me ten weeks or less. But I can pretend that he's going to be totally wrong, and still kind of expect the extra weeks for now.  Your son sounds SO sweet talking about his sister! Older daughter has been the same way- she wants to give Thomas kisses, and walks around with her dolly in her shirt! Yesterday she said "Lulu is in my belly! Well, actually, she's under my shirt." 

@slowmo yay for getting things done!! 

@SWE2 I'm glad the new mattress is working well for you!  We've been thinking about getting one, but haven't made a decision about it yet. 

How how far along? 27 weeks

how big is baby? Head of lettuce. (Or deflated basketball? How is that a legit measurement in any way?) 

Appointments? Last week. He's looking good! 

Symptoms- getting tired a little more easily, and cranky more easily too. I have to watch the grouchy and try not to overreact to family! 

Cravings- baby carrots and pretzels. (Not together.) 

team- blue! 

Rants/raves/questions?  Well, I'll share here. I'm officially a member of team petty. Yesterday husband took the girls over to his parents' house, and apparently SIL was there with her little one as well. Younger daughter got too much food in her mouth, coughed, and spit it out. Apparently SIL freaked out at husband about how he should cut up her food, that cutie slices were too big for daughter, etc. (she eats real food. The only thing we cut for her is meat.).  So, today for snack I gave the girls oranges (not cuties. Real large oranges. Which she can eat slices of.). And then (here's the me being super petty part!!) I posted a picture on Facebook with a cute caption. Just because I knew SIL would see it and know that I am on husband's side without me saying anything.  Yikes, I'm kind of a jerk!  

GTKY- what is something you like about yourself? 
    I'm super creative. I'm making an awesome quilt for this little guy, and I'm way proud of it!! 

• MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited February 2017
    Happy Tuesday Ladies!!!

How far along? 27 week

How big is baby? Bunch of lettuce

Any appointments this week? Nope. 

Symptoms? Heartburn and bigger appetite

Cravings? Pizza and wings 

Team Pink/Blue/Green - Pink 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone getting nervous about labor and delivery? I'm calm right now, but every time I feel any type of pain, I get nervous just for a minute because I keep telling myself the pain will only be 100% worse during labor and delivery. 

GTKY: what is one thing you really like about yourself? I'm generally a happy person, even when I'm very upset about something. I'm good about leaving my problems at the door and not taking it out on anyone.
  • @CherryBananas oh Cabo sounds amazing! 
    So awesome your H is all into yalls birthing class :) 

@Squirtgun thanks :) 
    and btw I totally would have done the the same thing if my SIL did that to DH! 

@Louise_Belcher I love restoring furniture, how fun!! :) 

• @Squirtgun I totally would have done the same thing

@Louise_Belcher I'm glad you found a great piece to work on! I've never been brave enough to restore anything - I'm always worried I'll ruin it.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hi Tuesday Tickers!

How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby? ~15 inches & 2.5 pounds; acorn squash or Hawaiian pineapple

Any appointments this week? Tomorrow with the nurse midwife (it'll be my first time meeting her)

Symptoms? Belly feeling tight and stretched; lightening crotch isually when getting out of bed and walking the first few steps - I was so lucky to not experience this the first time

Cravings? Raspberries and chocolate (that never changes)

Team Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Rants/Raves/Questions? Busy weekend for us. We had our backup maternity photo session this past Saturday. It was raining on our original set date and I wanted it done outside this time since we are currently in a rental. Even though DS wasn't being cooperative, the photographer sent a sneak peak and we, at least, have one awesome shot! I didn't even think we had that! We signed the contract on our new home on Sunday and building should be complete by the end of June. Also, was able to do some nesting yesterday and organized the boys' room and stuff, our master closet and pantry! But man, I was feeling it when I finally showered and laid down last night. Of course, baby boy and my bladder woke me up at 4 am. I laid in bed for another hour before getting hungry. So I finally ventured downstairs, made a protein shake and had a banana while watching Top Chef. I snuck back into bed and was able to get an hour of sleep before MH and DS woke up! Whew... sorry for the novel. 

GTKY: what is one thing you really like about yourself? I like how I can pretty much relate to and get along with just about anybody. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

•   @lilylover27 Yaye to painting the nursery and boo to the name-haters! This is why we didn't and don't plan on sharing name choices. Plus, I don't really want anyone's input... except for you bump gals!

@mrsfox2008 favorite pizza and a beach vacation... you're on a roll! Have a fantastic time!

@Kipperoo I love the stories you share about you son. DS likes to give kisses to my belly and will push MH's head towards it to give kisses too! And yikes to 7 weeks!

@slowmo doesn't it feel so great to be productive?! Glad your nursery is coming along!

@SWE2 Glad your new mattress helped with your hip pain. Have you tried wrist braces at night to help prevent the numb hands in the morning? I started experiencing that in third trimester last time and the braces worked wonders. Yes, it was a PITA with all of the bathroom visits but was worth it. 

@CherryBananas Sucks your ceclage stitches are uncomfortable but glad there isn't any bleeding along with it. So cool how your H is getting into it all. MH was the same way and ordered all kinds of books online. He would read and highlight and it made my heart melt!

@Squirtgun Love how you stood up for your H. You're not a jerk at all! 

@MrsCPALeslie I actually am psyching myself out a bit thinking about the other possibilities that can occur during this delivery. The first time, I didn't know what to expect and just went with it. This time, I have something to compare to and I do get a bit freaked out. I don't let it go too long though and keep myself in check. You are right that the pain will be worse during labor and delivery, but it doesn't last forever.  ;)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @lilylover27 - Our nursery was already grey, and my husband striped one wall for me. I remember it feeling like a huge milestone! Sorry about your name drama - I was prepared with a 'when you have another baby, you can name it' for people who gave me grief. 

@MrsFox2008 - We're in St. Augustine this week - where's your vaca? 

@CherryBananas - That would freak me out about the stitches! I hope they keep doing what they're supposed to. That's sweet about your husband - it's fun when they get involved. 

• @Louise_Belcher Cheers to organization! I am learning to not love to own things. I know I may sound crazy to others but since going vegetarian, cutting animal products from other aspects of my life is starting. I just did quite the purge of leather and suede items from my closet. I am sentimental, which made it a bit difficult to part with some items (like my awesome brown leather jacket that I was wearing when MH proposed) but I stepped up and did it like a big girl. Lol

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @squirtgun right?!? I was like it is not even like I want to spell it Jaxon for crying out loud! I mean I love the nickname Jax but I will give him the traditional spelling of his full name.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Squirtgun , that is seriously amazing!! You should consider doing a quilt with baby clothes...I had one made by a seller on Etsy for my son's 1st birthday and it's one of my favorite things! It's similar in style...
    Displaying IMG_4082JPG
  • How far along? 29 weeks!!

how big is baby? Acorn squash according to The Bump

Any appointments this week? None!!!

Symptoms? Lower back pain when I sit on the floor with DS too long

Cravings? Cheese and crackers

Team Pink/Blue/Green  Double Pink!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? So so glad I passed my 3 hr glucose test! The nurse said I passed wi H flying colors and to go enjoy an ice cream:) 

GTKY: what is one thing you really like about yourself? I am very easy going. I don't let too much get under my skin. 

• @Kipperoo I know the high you are talking about. I find getting rid of things completely addicting. My family jokes that if I could I would only own enough spoons for everyone to have one. 

@mrsrep123 I hadn't thought of how going vegetarian might effect other things like your wardrobe. That is cool and really makes me think.  Your leather jacket story made me remember that on the night DH proposed, when I got ready for bed, I put the dress I had worn directly into the goodwill box. I realized that night I didn't like it. I didn't even think twice about it being special. I do still have the quarter machine ring he proposed with so I guess I don't lack all sentiment.  
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Kipperoo hell yes I plan on getting the epidural and like you said, I just need to keep my eyes on the prize. 
  • Welcome @skeetied

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @lilylover27 Jackson is an awesome name! What has your FIL been calling him?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cherrybananas Christian was our other choice so he has been calling him that or Christopher which wasn't even an option.
  • @Kipperoo enjoy your vacation!! 

@emilyalso much further south! On the East coast! :):) 

@skeetied welcome!!!!! 

@lilylover27 thank you :) 

• @lilylover27 , I totally agree with @SKZW! It's ridiculous that he continues to use a name that you told him you didn't choose and even more ridiculous that he has taken it upon himself to add another name into the mix that you weren't even considering. There is nothing wrong with Jackson! It's a perfectly lovely name!

My MIL is being kind of obnoxious about our name choice. She was pushing new first name options for a REALLY long time before we finally told her it was finalized. She's really hell-bent on there being some kind of nod to her family in this baby's name, but we've told her from the beginning that wasn't happening. DS has his dad's name as his middle name (which is also a family name, but on DH's dad's side). Had this been a boy OR girl, it's middle name was mine to decide. We went with a middle name that is a nod to my side of the family and she is non-stop complaining about it. "Where is my family reference in your children's name? Why not change to first name to Lenore (after her great grandma)? Or make that her middle name?"...Because it's my child and I can name her what I'd like. And it's not my fault that you and DH's dad are divorced--that doesn't mean you automatically both get equal representation in naming. The woman has 7 children--10 grandkids and counting, so it's not like this is her 1 shot at her family name being carried on. Also, Estelle Lenore would be a terrible name...like a really bad mashup: Estellenore. Rant over. 
  • @Kipperoo: Prediction #1: She won't shut up about it until little Estelle is born. Prediction #2: Give it 6 months, and Estellenore will be picked up by some crazy-assed people and placed on an unfortunate little girl. Seriously going to happen.
  • KipperooKipperoo member
    edited February 2017
    @SKZW , I think both of your predictions are spot on! She drives me insane--it's a good thing she lives on the other side of the country. It's not like we picked something totally out of left field/made up...I understand if it wouldn't have been her top choice, but here are some of her other recommendations: Olivia, Julia, and....wait for it...Jonica (like Monica with a J). WTF??
  • @Kipperoo: <<groan>> So when she was snowed in with you last week, you had to deal with these comments in person? And Jonica. Eeeesh. Unless your hubby's name is John?   ;)
  • How far along? 28 Weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower

Any appointments this week? None for a while

Symptoms? Increased trips to tt! 

Team Pink/Blue/Green: TEAM GREEN! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: This sounds bratty, but it really drives me crazy. I HATE when people (parents, in-laws, older friends) say things like 'You're doing such a good job with DS' or 'I'm so proud of the parents you're becoming.' I know they mean well, but all I can think is 'I don't need your validation.' 

GTKY: what is one thing you really like about yourself? I really like that I LOVE to read. This sounds like an inspirational poster, but it really does open doors to other worlds. I hope I can pass on this affinity to my children as well. 

@Kipperoo - I have zero patience for in-laws who overstep their boundaries. Your MIL be crazy! 
  • lilylover27lilylover27 member
    edited February 2017
    @SKZW yea it is pretty obnoxious! I have been so respectful of it for so long! Like at first I was like funny, then I was like we haven't chosen a name yet and now I just ignore him. I mean to go with what @kipperoo was talking about, our son's middle name is for both Grandfather's on DH's side as well as it is DH's middle name, so I mean they are getting the nod there in respect to the name. Which I know kind of miffed my mother but my grandfather's names do not make good middle names in my opinion. This is my in laws first grandchild, DH's brother doesn't want kids, so I guess that's why they are being so opinionated with the name? But still!

Also, another side rant, we both only have one brother. It is already starting with the parents on who will get to be Godfather! Like seriously we have so much time for that! Even so whoever we choose the opposite wife will be the Godmother so I mean really! Sometimes family makes having a baby so drama filled!
  • SKZW said:
    @Kipperoo: <<groan>> So when she was snowed in with you last week, you had to deal with these comments in person? And Jonica. Eeeesh. Unless your hubby's name is John?   ;)
    Precisely. It was miserable. Jonica isn't even a family name! It's just a name that her mother apparently liked...um...just no.  
  • @lilylover27: you DO seriously have a ton of time on the godparents thing... but think about having 2 god-dads and let both bros in on it and make everyone STFU. (And I'm obviously personally so angry about things today, and I don't mean to be coming across like such a hardcore b today. But really. A godparents convo, already?! Like people have nothing better to talk about or put their energy toward.)