October 2017 Moms
Options

Stranger Danger PSA

CytheCythe member
edited February 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Hey ladies! As more and more of us get in to see our doctors, I just wanted to throw out there a little PSA about stranger danger and how to protect yourself.

First of all, be aware of your personal information on your ultrasound screens. Your first and last name, as well as your hospital are usually visible and from there lord knows what people could find if they wanted to.

Also remember that this is a public forum, anyone can stroll on here and see everything that you've posted. U/s pictures, demographic info in a GTKY, ect.

This last one is a little ways away, but remember to protect your kids pictures if you choose to post them on here. Edit them, add a watermark do what you need to do to protect you and your family from people who would use your info. The catfish are real, people.
TTC #1 since May 2014
3 failed IUI cycles
Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Stranger Danger PSA

• Options
    Ok. Thanks for the reminder
  • Options

Total click bait, I thought you were ousting the catfish!  But good info to remember. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you want to share photos that you have complete control over I suggest hosting them on a separate site so that you can either change their location or delete them totally without having to edit your post on TB.

You can only edit for 30 days before it gets locked. 

If you need suggestions on what websites are good for photo hosting or how to use them in posts once they are on your account just PM me and I'll walk you through it!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    mrs_fogue said:

Total click bait, I thought you were ousting the catfish!  But good info to remember. 

X
    Sadly, no catfish to report as of now. I'd love a good catfish reveal right about now though.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles

• Options
    CytheCythe member
    edited February 2017
    This seems like a good time to post the infamous catfish thread of '14 for the newbs...both for entertainment purposes and to drive in @Cythe's point. You're welcome, everyone ;)

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462811/newb-in-town/p1
    There was even a thread on here somewhere, where the woman on the BMB participating in HDBD was using random pictures from someone elses Instagram. Like, the poster wasnt even actually pregnant. It was so weird.

Edit: wait, this may be the same one. Its hard to read these old threads thanks to the exodus. Thanks removed users...
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles

• Options
    Yes! That was her! She was using some Swedish models Instagram and had been participating for a YEAR before they caught her

• Options
    This freaked me out and I just changed my username because of it
    I'm sorry to freak you out, but I'm glad someone at least read this!
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles

• Options
    Geez I guess I'm fortunate that I work in a profession that's super HIPAA compliant I'd never even dream of putting a medical document like a u/s anywhere near the public without redacting it... let alone my own stuff.  that is absolutely horrifying and I would have deleted my account if I saw that too!! It was just the month before my bump month club last pregnancy, so I guess that's why I never saw it before. So creepy. Ugh. 
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I just changed my profile picture because DD was in it. 
  • Options
    Good reminder! Also, I just spent WAY too much time reading that entire thread, @bluejeanbabi05. CREEPY.
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 thanks for the link.  That happened after my time, I was September '13. We had our own crazy catfish then though.  Nothing so asinine as stealing photos and making them her own. She was pregnant, but not really.  She was called out pretty quickly.
    Anyway, now I'm getting caught up on three year old drama and looking for a profile pic that doesn't include my kid.
    Side note: This reminds me of story the Today Show did about people stealing images of other peoples children.  They would then create fake profiles, and fake lives, using these pictures as their own kids. They're part of these groups where everyone is a fake person/profile.  It let them live out another life thru FB. This is why I have the strictest settings on my FB page. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mrs_foguemrs_fogue member
    edited February 2017

smith.jessica.115@gmail.com 

You've got me all jumpy around here now!  What's up with the "." and run on Wednesday ticker change? 

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 thanks for the link.  That happened after my time, I was September '13. We had our own crazy catfish then though.  Nothing so asinine as stealing photos and making them her own. She was pregnant, but not really.  She was called out pretty quickly.
    Anyway, now I'm getting caught up on three year old drama and looking for a profile pic that doesn't include my kid.
    Side note: This reminds me of story the Today Show did about people stealing images of other peoples children.  They would then create fake profiles, and fake lives, using these pictures as their own kids. They're part of these groups where everyone is a fake person/profile.  It let them live out another life thru FB. This is why I have the strictest settings on my FB page. 

Hey! September '13 mom here too! I was pretty active on the board for a while, but I guess I missed that or have forgotten lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    firefly72533firefly72533 member
    edited February 2017
    @keriflores Hi! It was pretty early on in our pregnancies. If I remember correctly, she was only on one or two threads.  I just remember thinking it was odd.  Who would want to act like they were fake pregnant on a forum?
    BTW, we share a due date (for now).  Just noticed we're both 7 weeks 4 days!   
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue This is probably because I've been running around like mad the last two days and I'm exhausted and slap happy but seeing her screenname is cracking me up right now. Girl needs to change that asap

• Options
    This is a good warning for the newbies. To clarify in case anyone clicks on my username and thinks I'm catfishy, this is my 2.0 bump account. I decided not to use my old one because I joined a FB group down the track during the Bump Implosion of 2015. Then that group had an implosion and I'd rather not have anyone know my real name here.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting this is my 2.0 bump name too. I was here for the 2015 explosion too! After my April 2014 babe the bump exploded and we moved to Facebook and most everyone including myself had bump admins delete all history and I changed my username. Now I'm super careful and don't give any real specific info  

• Siggy Warning: Loss, Living Child, Pregnancy mentioned
    • TTC Since August 2009
    • IUI #1, D/C December 2012
    • IUI #2, Natural MC March 2013
    • IUI #3 BFN
    • IUI #4 BFP Due April 2014
    • Rainbow Baby DS1 born April 2014 via emergency C-Section
    • IUI #5 February 1, 2017.....BFP due 10/25/17 with TWINS! --9w5d vanishing twin. 
    • Diagnosis: PCOS, Factor V Leiden Syndrome

• Options
    Hey October 14 was my old BMB haha are there O14 mamas here too? I can never keep up with the bump as well as the facebook group
  • Options
    @ashcakes921 I'm an O14 momma! Wasn't very active on that board though so I'm not in the group :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes!! Just saw this.... I'm going to change my profile picture NOW. I should know better too, as we had a catfish too in April 13. She got caught early on though, and we ended up moving to Facebook.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif