July 2017 Moms
Options

weekly symptoms 2/20

Re: weekly symptoms 2/20

• Options
    I agree @MamaRN13 it's almost always dehydration for me. I always have seeds or nuts with me for emergency hunger pangs aswell.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip, ladies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now that my symptoms are no longer so severe that I can't do too much physical activity, I've been more active. But then that REALLY tires me out. I took three long walks over the weekend, then did yoga this morning, and I am BEAT. And this is from someone who did regular intensive workouts 5 days a week pre-pregnancy.
  • Options
    @Rae1 and others with cramps - ask your doc about taking magnesium. Mine suggested it last pregnancy, and it really helped. I'm taking it again this pregnancy, and I've noticed the nights that I forget (I take it before bed), I often get cramps. 

I've realized I'm finally finally less stuffy! And had my first Braxton Hicks contraction the other day, which was interesting.  

We walked a lot on our trip this weekend. I noticed that 5 miles feels great, but 6 is too much. I'm paying more attention to my steps counter on my phone now. 
  • Options
    To tack on to what @virginiaunicorn11, my OB highly recommends epsom salt baths for cramps and muscle soreness.  Epsom salt contains magnesium, which you absorb through your skin during the bath. 
  • Options
    I've been drinking a lot more milk.  It helps with the heartburn and the hunger.
  • Options
    I feel so uncomfortably bloated and almost like I'm cramping (lower back cramps). normal? 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons I don't know about lower back cramps but lately my lower back has almost felt like cramps...I don't know how to explain it it's like cramps but I know it's not? ANYWHO besides that being the least helpful explanation I started sleeping with a pregnancy pillow behind my back and between my legs and it alleviated it...I think it was muscles straining from sleeping with a different distribution of weight than what my body is used to. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I know not sleeping well is a pregnancy symptom, but does it count if it's because DH snores like a lawnmower, and I want to choke-slam him all night long?
    Omg. Same. DH's isn't snoring but he can't breathe through his nose so it's like sleeping next to Darth Vader.
    Any other time I can get over it because I fall asleep first and am a really heavy sleeper, but when I'm pregnant it makes me irrationally mad because I get up 500 times to pee and can't go back to sleep. Sometimes I sleep in the guest room cause I'm scared I might actually put a pillow over his face (Joking! Mostly... :D)
  • Options
    haha @chiquita928 and @LuLiLaEv My husband is the same!  Especially if he's had alcohol.  For some reason, alcohol makes his sleep apnea 1000x worse.  I'm lucky he only drinks 1-2x a month.

We have a system.  I go to bed about 15-20 minutes before he does.  When I fall asleep with an eye mask, I generally sleep like a rock.  Pregnancy has ruined the system a bit because I have to get up to pee in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep because of his snoring.  I shake him a little and he will flip over and then is usually quiet long enough for me to fall asleep again. 

• Options
    @Twinkiedoll LOL! Rolling over works sometime, if only to muffle it. Usually our nightly routine is
    I poke him and say "close your mouth!"
    Him: I can't, then I can't breathe.
    Me: Exactly.

and then we laugh about it the next morning
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll Rolling over works, but he's like a weeble, and keeps ending up on his back!  I sent him to the guest room when he had a cough, but I think I need to invest heavily in some breathe right strips or something.
  • Options
    @Rae1 bananas and gatorade to help with leg cramps. I've been having a banana every morning and a gatorade in the evenings, and haven't had any more. I also try to remember to flex my feet when I stretch my legs in bed.
  • Options
    AdaByron said:
    @Rae1 bananas and gatorade to help with leg cramps. I've been having a banana every morning and a gatorade in the evenings, and haven't had any more. I also try to remember to flex my feet when I stretch my legs in bed.
    I eat two bananas a day because it supposedly helps with restless legs too, but in my case, it doesn't, boo...bananas are such an easy healthy snack though, I like them. 
  • Options
    Blah, I had a leg cramp today that would not go away for like 5 minutes no matter what I did. Also, +1 to being dry during sex, uncomfortable sleep, and thirst. Also not sure if it was Braxton Hicks or baby, but my uterus seemed to tighten up in spots today. Not my whole belly, just one area would be hard for a few seconds, then go back to normal. Baby has been pretty active recently so it could have been him pushing up against one side. 
  • Options
    @chiquita928 I have tried to kick DH to the guest room, but he refuses.  He says he has as much right to sleep in our room as much as I do.  He has even suggested that I change rooms if I hate it so much!  Rude.
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll Pregnant woman wins.  Always.
  • Options
    kat0607 said:
    Blah, I had a leg cramp today that would not go away for like 5 minutes no matter what I did. Also, +1 to being dry during sex, uncomfortable sleep, and thirst. Also not sure if it was Braxton Hicks or baby, but my uterus seemed to tighten up in spots today. Not my whole belly, just one area would be hard for a few seconds, then go back to normal. Baby has been pretty active recently so it could have been him pushing up against one side. 
    Mine does this too. Still unsure what it is. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I know not sleeping well is a pregnancy symptom, but does it count if it's because DH snores like a lawnmower, and I want to choke-slam him all night long?
    I am a very light sleeper, and if you even shake the bed, you get a dirty look. Mine moves constantly and rubs his feet together all the time. It drives me nuts. And also the snoring... do you wear ear plugs? They help me alot, and I can still hear my son when he starts to stir, which is odd.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 I had that back cramps tightening whatever yesterday for the first time. Was wondering about getting the pregnancy sleep pillow out. Good call, thanks lady
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy I don't wear earplugs because I assumed I wouldn't hear my son. Plug I'm always worried that with all of his medical problems, DH will have a stroke or seizure in the middle of the night, and I'll miss it. I think I'm gonna get him some nasal straps and see if that helps.
  • Options
    UGH the husband snoring. Last night's insomnia was only partly because of him (I was going through "what if something happens to the baby" scenarios) but it certainly didn't help.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 that makes sense - it felt like a combination of extreme bloatedness and just... dull backaches. 
  • Options
    okay one more from me - i've been somewhat constipated all pregnancy so this one is a bit worrisome for me - last night i had to run to the bathroom and i had a bit of diarrhea. not much, but it was really loose stool. this morning i had some more. 

anyone else getting extremely loose stool/diarrhea at this point in their pregnancy? do i call my doctor? 
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    I have another issue as of today. I really want to sleep, I feel a little feverish but every time I lie down my heart starts thumping more than usual 
    How far along are you?  At my routine appt a month ago my BP was pretty low which was normal but I definitely felt the effects of it.  Got dizzy when I got up too fast, shortness of breath and I could really feel my heart working away to pump all that blood around.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    Quick question for you ladies: what are you doing to control the cravings/hunger?

I've started to feel ravenous all the time.  I know I'm only supposed to eat 300-400 extra calories per day.  I've been good so far.  Yesterday, I felt so hungry even after eating an enormous (and greasy) lunch and dinner.  I ate fruit to avoid cracking open the cookies at 10:30 pm.  I know indulging once in a while is okay, but I just feel constantly hungry.  It's getting harder and harder to resist eating lots of junk food.  Not sure how long I can hold out before DH finds me with my face buried in ice cream and cookies.
    I know they aren't healthy but popsicles have always been my go-to.  I try not to eat 6 a night haha!  I do get really hungry right before I'm about to go to sleep.  If it's bothering me I'll get up and eat a banana quick then crash.  IMO though if you're hungry, then eat.  Just try to make healthy choices.  I'm sure you know that junk is just empty calories anyways and is going to do nothing to fill you so the good stuff is better and will keep you full longer.    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons I don't know if it's normal or not but I'm frequently having loose stools since getting pregnant. Not every time I go, but with the exception of one horrible experience with constipation, I've actually been going at least twice a day (my norm was once every other day or so) and I would say a couple times of week it's a little loose-ish but it never quite gets to profuse diarrhea where I'm attached to the toilet bowl or anything like that
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    An odd symptom I've just noticed, I have ridges in all my fingernails. I used to have relatively smooth nails, and now there seems to be long lines or ridges that make the surface bumpy. My nails aren't not pretty, but I'll add a photo to show what I mean. Anybody else experincing this? 
  • Options
    @supermom83
    I read somewhere recently that it was normal for nails to do that in pregnancy - I wish I could remember what it was to pass it along... if I recall correctly, it will also go away afterwards. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 I am currently 20 + 1, however, baby is measuring between 21 and 22. Started feeling more around 19+5. I also have a posterior placenta

(sorry this took awhile to respond to!)

• Options
    ACK, my left boob started leaking on my way to work this morning! I quit wearing bras months ago, but today I didn't even wear a cami under the heather gray dress I'm wearing. Now I'm realizing that my office is too warm to keep my cardigan on, so I guess people are just going to have to deal with my crusty patch. YUCK!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @chiquita928 @supermom83 +1 on the "my nails have always looked like that" train. I wonder what it is....I always assumed it was related to vitamin intake (or lack of some nutrient perhaps). I never bothered to investigate lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Omg the heartburn that makes me want to DIE has started. Ugggghhhhhh
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 lemon water throughout the day is a life saver. I had too many spicy things and I was dieing of heartburn last week and it really helped. Also something Milky after food may help. 

I have severe back back ache for the past two days. Wearing support has helped a bit but otherwise .... ugh. 
  • Options
    This is going to come out like a humble brag but it is a genuine (albeit dumb) question: is it possible to have heartburn and not realize it? I don't think I've ever experienced heartburn but I sometimes wonder if I have and just didn't realize that's what I was feeling. I've had reflux issues with (ew tmi) food coming back the wrong way. But still, never so uncomfortable to think I needed to do something about it. Aren't reflux and heartburn tied in a way? 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    @yellow1daisy that happens to me aswell instead of heart burn. The only time I experience heart burn was this past week because I baked fish with tons of ghost peppers(I know, I went all out) you probably have better tolerance to certain foods. You'll definitely know the difference between heart burn and reflux. (I usually get reflux if I lie down too quickly after a meal)