April 2017 Moms

Randoms 2/13

2»

Re: Randoms 2/13

• @KirstinH88 That is the worst! Hope your meds arrive soon. :(

@catem07 Me too... I can't help it.  So many pictures of tiny little babies!! I am still in denial that that will be us in two months give or take.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 :/ I'm so sorry. I hope you can feel better soon. Sinus problems are just impossible to ignore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KirstinH88 I'm in the same boat. My mom and sister had to come get me and my daughter this morning because we're both sick and can barely move. I have vasovagal syncope too and whenever I get sick my blood pressure drops and I very easily pass out so when I'm pregnant and sick it's worse and I have to drink an insane amount of fluids and have a good amount of sodium to make sure it doesn't happen. I hope the medicine helps you!
  • @SnarkasaurusRex oh my goodness--throw your own but have someone else be your spokesperson. Haha. So glad your SIL has offered a sprinkle! 

@shaunessa that's hilarious. And true. I think DH feels like an expert on childbirth now after one class. Right, dear. Sure. 

@mrsstuessy it is sweet of them! I think it will really help him connect his changing life to his job more fluidly. Seeing how excited they are for him. And yes, I'd say a tattoo is a good idea.  :D
  • @KirstinH88 hope those meds help! I'm about to go on my 2nd z-pack due to a sinus/ear infection that just won't go away. I feel your pain girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy haha! Nah. I made fun of DH a couple months ago for staying home because he "felt dizzy" one morning. But only because I hadn't, and still haven't, taken a sick day even though feeling nauseated and dizzy was my daily reality in the first trimester. Maybe that is mean. But I couldn't help it.  :D
  • @mrsstuessy The 'man cold' is something I joke about everytime Dh gets sick with him. He's such a big baby when it comes to not feeling well, I swear he acts more helpless than our 1.5 yr old. So your not alone or the worst!
  • Not sure if this has already been talked about or if this is the appropriate place to post about it... during my first pregnancy someone suggested drinking 8-12oz of pineapple juice a day while nursing because it has an enzyme in it that can help prevent infections. I packed it in my hospital bag and started drinking it the day she was born and once a day for the next year. I went a whole year without infections. Not sure if that actually did the trick or if I just got really lucky but I figured it would be worth sharing in case it does actually make a difference. 
  • @RachelGreene we are also dealing with moving. Our house sold more quickly than we thought it would and we are building, so we had to put our stuff in storage and move in with my parents until our house is ready. I think I over did it when we were moving...I was sore for about a week and I didn't even do much of the lifting.

I am nervous about our move to the new house when it's ready because I will likely be about 38-39 weeks pregnant or have a new baby if the construction takes a little longer than expected. I am sure that if the baby isn't already here the move will be enough to kick start my labor!
  • @McFarKane That's interesting. I hadn't heard of that. I have heard of it kickstarting labor because an enzyme in it softens the cervix, but only if you eat the core. I didn't eat pineapple and also never got an infection, for the 20 months that I nursed DD. So, it could just be luck. I definitely want to look it up though to learn more. 

@chelle087 and @RachelGreene We will probably be moving into an apartment on April 1st, so when I am 38 weeks. But, it is either that or we are homeless and I live with my parents. Honestly, I can't even think about all of it. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy good luck!  I hope that you are able to get into the apartment.  

I am not looking forward to potentially having to bring a newborn back to my parents house.  Things are a little hectic now with myself, DH, and DS...I really can't imagine having to bring this baby there too.  

I just keep telling myself that there are worse things and one day we will look back on all of this and say that it wasn't so bad.
  • We're also moving asap. The second we have enough for a down payment we're out. As stressful as I know it's going to be, I can't wait to get out of the crappy situation we're in now. 
  • I teach in a school with a very, very large immigrant population and I severely underestimated how many of them would participate in the Day Without Immigrants protest...I literally have had half of my students in all of my classes so far today. Sooo...movie day it is! (But not for AP...they never get anything nice, haha.)
    Same here!  I'm all about it as a protest but I don't know that I fully agree with pulling kids out of elementary school.  I'm not sure what that proves or demonstrates. Maybe with older kids I could see if they were given a choice and fully understood what it was about....I had about a third of mine out. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • mrsstuessymrsstuessy member
    edited February 2017
    I am so annoyed with DH. I am lying on the couch waiting for my benadryl to kick in so I can fall asleep. Late night fights are just bad for me right now because I have a hard enough time falling asleep with all the depression/anxiety/physical discomfort. And when he is being an asshole I literally have to drug myself (with allergy meds) to have any chance at falling asleep. He is mad because I won't do the sound booth at church with him. We were supposed to learn how months ago and since it is super chaotic we never really did. And now I am 32 weeks pregnant and I really have enough on my plate without having to learn how to work the computers/equipment in the sound booth. At this point we won't be doing anything alone back there until after the baby anyway. So, it will be months. And my brain doesn't work well enough to learn much anyway. And it is so bloody hot in there and uncomfortable. And I am just so pissed off because basically he accused me of using my pregnancy to get out of doing stuff. Like, apparently I am just making all this shit up because I am lazy.  I had to go cry by myself because I am so hurt. I feel like his whole family treats me that way. They just ask favor after favor of me and then when I have to occasionally say no they act like I am just such a lazy piece of crap. But at least he is always on my side. But, now it seems he is not on my side. And no one believes me. And I am just so sick of being pregnant and feeling like crap every day. I literally feel so bad every day. He gets sick and comes home early from work and lay in bed and I make him food, etc, etc. I have felt sick in some shape or form for months and when I complain I get accused of lying. Seriously, make your own damn babies then next time. I hate everyone and I want to just lay in bed for the next 8 weeks until this baby comes out. Screw this! 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker