May 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Username/picture

2»

Re: GTKY: Username/picture

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    rkstro2 said:
    @PghMom412 we love the Pittsburgh dad YouTube videos!  Those are hilarious!

im feeling very un-clever because it wasn't even a little obvious to me that people whose screen names ended in 517 were their due dates.  Duh me.  

My my name is from the knot in 2009-2010 and I couldn't come up with a user name so I used one generated from an old school email.  It is a combo of letters from my first and maiden names and then a random number 2.  

The picture is is my favorite beach in the world (its in aruba) 
    Which boards did you frequent?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Mine is because I live in AZ and I'm an ASU fan. The picture is a nod to my laziness. (Too lazy to put a real picture of me up) 
  • Options
    rkstro2 said:
    @PghMom412 we love the Pittsburgh dad YouTube videos!  Those are hilarious!

im feeling very un-clever because it wasn't even a little obvious to me that people whose screen names ended in 517 were their due dates.  Duh me.  

My my name is from the knot in 2009-2010 and I couldn't come up with a user name so I used one generated from an old school email.  It is a combo of letters from my first and maiden names and then a random number 2.  

The picture is is my favorite beach in the world (its in aruba) 
    Which boards did you frequent?
    Mostly my wedding month board: May 2010.  Apparently May is my favorite month.  I also vaguely recall being on a local board for the Cincinnati area if there was such a thing, but that seems like a lifetime ago even though it's only been about 7 years.  

• Options
    @mamatowildones I love hummingbirds, too. I have a tattoo that incorporates a couple hummingbirds as a symbol for my family. Hummingbirds just remind me of home. :)
  • Options
    @starphish18 I don't have a tattoo currently but if and when I do, it's gotta be a hummingbird. I'm dying to get it but DH keeps poo-pooing the idea.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @starphish18 DH is a huge Phish fan and I had been wondering if your username was for them. :smile:
  • Options
    @mamatowildones: I'm not advocating getting a tattoo during pregnancy or while BFing, but you should really just go for it! It's your body and your choices alone and as long as you make a thoughtful, careful choice with the design, I bet you'd love it! (I have zero regrets with mine, since they mark different times in my life, so how I feel about them doesn't change.)

And, as if I need to point out, if you can manage childbirth, you can handle some tats!  :)
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe High five for liking BB!! I love that you love it too! I knew you were cool  B)

@llenadevida900 Sarah & Duck is adorable!! The theme song started playing in my head as soon as I read it. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My screen name is nothing special. My knot name included my first initial and last name. I wanted something a bit more anonymous this time. My other screen names have crafty in them but I didn't want to use the exact same name. 

My avatar is because I love penguins. My sorority chapter mascot was a penguin and I've been in love with them ever since. Any time I see something for DD that has a penguin on it I have to buy it. 
  • Options
    Literally just trying to come up with anything I could think of. I had another bump username that included my last name and I didn't know how/if I could change it, so I just created a new one and didn't know what to make my username.

At the time I was ttc and wasn't even eating candy because I have PCOS and try to avoid insulin spikes that mess with my hormones even more than they already are screwed up. Picture, well... it's a bunch of jelly beans. Self explanatory. :wink: I still try not to eat candy, but I do get intense cravings for it and definitely binged over Valentine's Day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chickyclg said:
    Add me to the boring list, chicky was an old HS nickname and CLG are just initials.  The picture is a chick of course.  I used to have a picture of me an DH but I changed it after the exodus.
    I always think chicky clergy when I see your name. :)
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    KMD1106 said:
    chickyclg said:
    Add me to the boring list, chicky was an old HS nickname and CLG are just initials.  The picture is a chick of course.  I used to have a picture of me an DH but I changed it after the exodus.
    Yes me too!

• Options
    KMD1106 said:
    chickyclg said:
    STUCK IN BOX

In the same vein as Jen's Hoes/Jen's SHOES, I always think "chicky clog"   :)
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    KMD1106 said:
    chickyclg said:
    STUCK IN BOX

In the same vein as Jen's Hoes/Jen's SHOES, I always think "chicky clog"   :)
    Haha, I never thought of people reading the initials lol

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    So excited to have @Jens_Hoes back!

My username and picture are the motto (+ "gal") and mascot for my favorite college sports team (I didn't go there but am a lifelong fan).
  • Options
    @L1C4gal are you from the 'vile?  I am a UK grad ;)
  • Options
    @rkstro2 I was born there! And a lot of my family is still there. I grew up in NKY, where I faced a ton of mockery from my mostly-UK-fan friends. I swore I'd never root for UK...but then I ended up marrying a UK fan ;) So I'll root for them as long as they're not playing U of L! Did you grow up in KY?
  • Options
    rkstro2rkstro2 member
    edited February 2017
    @L1C4gal Omg I'm from NKY too!!  Edgewood to be exact!  Where  in NKY did you grow up (if it's not too much personal info)? 

Eta: tag
  • Options
    L1C4galL1C4gal member
    edited February 2017
    @rkstro2 That's crazy! H and I grew up in the town with the water tower ;) and my BFF lives in Edgewood! We live several states away now but we're back there all the time to visit our families. What a small world!!!

(Edited to be less geographically specific once you read it, since I suddenly started to panic about having too much info out there on the interwebs ;) )
  • Options
    @L1C4gal that's so funny!  I live away now too but how crazy that we're both from NKY!  
  • Options
    Jens_Hoes said:
    I had a few minutes at work....

May I present to you ladies my new username :)

tv television celebrities parks and recreation amy poehler
    I'm so late but this makes me so happy!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited February 2017
    @Jens_Hoes, I'm so happy you changed it. It honestly makes me smile every time I see it!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17