2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 2/13 — The Bump
Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 2/13

edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list!

Mommies to be:
@PNW12RN EDD 5/8/17 with 1 girl!
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17 with 1 girl!
@kelrauh EDD 5/14/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17 with 1 bean!
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with 1 girl!
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with 1 boy!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 girl!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 girl!
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 boys!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 bean!
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17 with 1 girl!
@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with 1 bean!
@Esperer EDD 8/6/17 with 2 beans!
@ljsmith805 EDD 8/8/17 with 1 girl!
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with 1 bean!

QOTW: I'm already thinking about spring and ready for winter to be over! What springtime activity are you most looking forward to this year?
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 2/13

• edited February 2017
    Good morning everyone! I'm 24 weeks and 2 days today. I'm feeling pretty good but last night I had the worst carpel tunnel I've experienced so far in pregnancy. My hands were hurting so bad that it kept me awake for awhile. I put on the splints I bought a couple of months ago when I first started noticing the carpel tunnel and they helped a little bit. I'm really considering sleeping on our lazy boy when it gets bad because sleeping on my side makes it so much worse!

Our baby girl has started kicking much harder lately, which I love! Although last night (when I was awake anyway because of the carpel tunnel) her kicks seemed to be directed at my organs, lol. I felt a kick and then some achey-ness throughout my abdomen and it just felt like she was kicking some vital organs around in there haha.

The most exciting part of our weekend was having our nursery furniture delivered on Saturday! I absolutely love it! Unfortunately the armoire was damaged so we sent it back, so no photo of that yet. We're also still waiting for the glider to come in from Buy Buy Baby, but here's the set up so far:

It was mine and DH's first attempt ever at putting a crib together and I'm proud to say we managed it with only a few curse words haha. Definitely not the easiest thing in the world to put together but we did it! I also included a picture of the bassinet which will go in our bedroom next to our bed until she outgrows it. Once all the bedding and linens come in (should be in the next couple of weeks) we will start decorating! I can't wait!!!

QOTW: My favorite springtime activity is gardening. I love having fresh herbs, tomatoes, squash, peppers, etc. I know by the time planting season is here I'm going to be pretty big, but I'm still going to do my best to at least plant a few things, especially tomatoes. The tomatoes you buy in the store simply do not compare to the flavor of the homegrown ones!

Edited because I can never remember to proof read before hitting submit!

JWatt5nellin-2caseyw8784
  • @wifeinraleigh28 LOVE the nursery furniture and the fact you got it all together with minimal screaming!! That in and of itself is quite an accomplishment!! Where did you get that adorable elephant rocker? I'm currently on an elephant kick for the nursery but trying to find some things that aren't gray b/c our furniture is.

I'm 16w6d today and just cruising along. No appointments this week and, since buying the fetal doppler, I'm okay with that. I've committed to using it 1x week, 2 MAX, so it's on the shelf until at least Thursday :) We finally agreed on our nursery furniture this weekend so I guess our next step is to purchase it. It is from Target and we don't plan to register there so, outside of asking my parents for it, we figure it's just easier to buy it. 

QOTW: I am SO excited to just be outside and to open the windows! We redid our deck last year and made it double the size so I'm pumped to pick out patio furniture to put on it and just be able to sit out there (I had envisioned sitting and drinking wine but, hey, nursing will work too!) and relaxing. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
    wifeinraleigh28
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 21w 6 d today with 1 little bean which will hopefully have a revealed sex this friday after our third attempt.  I was feeling good, started feeling movement about 2 weeks ago and then Saturday....the stomach bug hit me :(  ugh it came fast and furious and it was not fun.  thankfully the worst of it was less than 24 hours but it gave the perfect excuse for a snow day today with the storm that came through last night. so now that I am on the mend I am just looking forward to Friday where I have my monthly appointment and then follow up AS to look at the heart and hope LO is uncrossing those little legs :)

QOTW:  I am with @byrneme just heading outside, opening the windows, grilling even though we do in the winter but DH said he isn't going for more gas until spring :(

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @wifeinraleigh28 Love the furniture and that bassinet so cute!

I'm currently 18 weeks 1 day with twin BOYS! Just found out this morning. However, at the appointment, the doctor said he was very concerned as my cervix opened when he touched it with the probe. He said in a normal pregnancy he would definitely put a stitch in but because I am having twins he did not want to do it as twins did not do well if this was done. He put me on vaginal progesterone with strict advise to rest and bedrest if possible. I'm very worried:( I'm going back in a week so hopefully no spotting and everything continues to be ok.

Me: 34 / Hubs: 35
    Married December 2008
    TTC: 2010
    3 ectopic pregnancies, moved on to IVF 2011
    3 rounds of IVF, 1 miscarraige, two BFN
    Started with new RE Fall 2015
    Diagnosed Compound Hetero MTHFR
    Hysteroscopy to remove abrasions 
    Began Stims for IVF #4 10/11/16
    Long Lupron protocol
    ER 10/23/16 6R, 5M all 5 fertilized via ICSI
    ET 10/28/16 Transferred 2 5bb blasts; 2 frosties! BFP!
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • Hi ladies. I'm about to hit the 23 week mark with 2 little boys. I see my OB in two weeks. I had my fetal echo last week. MFM saw mild enlarged kidneys on one of the boys. However, in 1/3 of cases it resolves itself by 32 weeks so we will recheck then. Apparently is more common in little boys. It is a treatable at birth if it doesn't resolve itself especially since its only mild however it is considered a soft marker for down syndrome which is scary. However, the MFM is not concerned given that its only 1 soft marker and not multiple. But I've read stories of perfect exams and then the baby is born with DS as well as the opposite - multiple soft markers and baby comes out without DS. Sigh. We're not doing an amnio and I'm now totally regretting not doing PGS testing. Trying not to think of it. 

I live in relatively warm climate year round so springs not much different from winter. I do however want to enjoy more of the outdoors. Its easy for me to get caught up in work and errands. 
  • Hello.  I am now 22 weeks with one girl baby. 
    We had a super stressful and scary weekend so I'm just glad to put it behind us.  My DD had another stomach bug and was super tired and lay around barely talking all weekend, which scared me.  Then I got a notice from the grocery store about a cheese recall for listeria which I panicked about.  Fortunately, my cheese was not part of the recall but I am still kinda freaked and paranoid about it.  Of course now I have caught the cold that my husband had so I am feeling yucky.  In the back of my mind I can't stop worrying that it could be listeria somehow.
    Today my DD is back to her old self so I'm happy she's feeling better.
    QOTW: I'm already thinking about spring and ready for winter to be over! What springtime activity are you most looking forward to this year?
    I am soooo sick of winter!  I can't wait to get my covered porch set up again and enjoy the warm spring sun.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Hi Everyone - first post on the 2nd Trimester board - happy to be here!

14 weeks, 1 day with a singleton. I think it's a boy but we'll have to wait and see. Waiting to hear back on the referral to MFM for an appointment, hopefully hear back this week. There's a cyst on my ovary that needs monitoring. Otherwise, my NT Scan last week went really good when it comes to the baby. I'm feeling "normal" right now...headaches have slowed down, constipation isn't as bad. I've been a bit more tired at the end of the day but I've also been a bit busier at work. I can still nap/sleep like a champ over all - had a Netflix day yesterday with a lot of naps and still slept fine though the night. My goal now (pending this weather starts letting up) is to get my Fitbit back on and get those steps in!! 

QOTW: like @byrneme - we redid our deck last summer and plan to get nice deck furniture this spring which will be really nice! We eat outside every night we can in the summer. I also can't wait for baseball to start back up, I love going to games. It's fun, everyone is happy there and it's outside (if the dome is open)! We have season tickets every year and this year I'll have to get in on the early season games! I already bought the little one "blue jay" coloured newborn moccasins/onesie so when the TO Blue Jays make it all the way to the World Series this year, they'll be ready for it hehe. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

nellin-2
  • @byrneme Thank you! The elephant rocker is from PPK, and they actually have a lot of cute ones: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/baby/toys/toys-rockers/ Glad to hear you're starting to relax more in between appointments... I know how hard that is until you start to feel regular movement!

@rmarble23 Here's hoping you get to find out the sex of your little bean! I'm sorry you're sick :(

@taradise99 Oh no I'm sorry about the concern regarding your cervix. Hopefully all your body needs to do is rest and you'll be just fine. Will you be monitored more frequently? I have a friend who was pregnant with twins and ended up getting a cerclage, but I don't remember how far along she was at the time. After the procedure though she made it to 37 weeks before delivering.

@JaneJane I have heard the same thing about how sometimes soft markers mean nothing and sometimes no soft markers = DS. I know it's hard not to worry but the odds are certainly in your favor. Hang in there!

@kdanjou I heard about that recall too, and I swear if there is one more recall for listeria while we're pregnant I may need to just stop eating! This is crazy! I'm sorry about your DD but guaranteed it is not listeria since you didn't even have the cheese that was recalled. Sorry it was such a stressful weekend!

@JWatt5 Welcome to 2nd tri! Glad your symptoms seem to be letting up. OMG your post made me totally miss baseball. I used to go to Angels games all the time when I lived in CA and now in NC we don't have any mlb teams. We have a minor league team but I'm just not interested. Now it's like a nostalgic thing... almost every summer when DH and I visit my family in CA we go to see a game. I plan to raise my little girl as an Angels fan even though we're across the country!

I'm super jealous of all of you who have covered patios! We have a deck and nice furniture but it isn't covered. Our backyard gets a LOT of sun so it's nice if you want to lay out, but I don't do that anymore. We have an umbrella though, so I do look forward to being out there some with my little girl when the weather is nice!

• Hi everyone, I am 18 weeks and 5 days with 2 little ones. I have the anatomy scan tomorrow, hoping that I am far enough along to get all the scans they need. We are also hoping to find out the gender of the babies (but we could be put in a similiar situation as @rmarble23) Lets see if they cooperate :smile: If they do, I will reveal on Saturday with just immediate family, and then make it public knowledge... Im so excited- I hope they are able to tell us tomm. I have been feeling one of the babies move around a lot. It really is the best feeling ever!! 

Welcome @JWatt5

@taradise99 I posted on the multiples board for you- but I am so sorry you are going through this! So nerve wrecking! 

@wifeinraleigh28 that furniture is SOOOOO adorable! I love it :heart: I cant wait til we start doing our nursery-- waiting for genders first. 

QOTD: I just cant wait for nice spring weather. Walking outside without a coat, opening up the windows, going to walks around the neighborhood. Anything but this horrible ice and snow. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

wifeinraleigh28
  • I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow with my little guy. He's the size of a grapefruit now. I've been doing good. Just tired a lot. My maternity leave has been on my mind. I work for a school system and it has to be approved by our board. I'd like to take the whole 12 weeks off but I don't know if they'd give me grief over it. They only approve items once a month so I'm trying to decide if I want to submit it for April and have it done early or wait until May (I'm due June 13th). Ugh, decisions decisions. I'm more than ready for the warmer weather. Cook outs, being outside, my mom can finally paint the nursery, having the windows open & airing my house out, etc. Welcome to all the new mommies. I hope we all have a happy and healthy second trimester. 
  • Hi everyone! I'm 16 weeks and 1day with 1 little bean! We are hoping the results of our trio blood test come this week so we can find out the gender! My next appointment isn't til March 6th and my anatomy scan is march 17th so we have quite a bit to wait! I've been feeling great other than the constipation! My OB recommended miralax so I might break down and try it! 
    I bought a fetal Doppler just to provide myself some reassurance that all is well! I can't wait to start feeling the baby move.
    We are in the middle of a bathroom remodel. Running downstairs constantly to pee is getting old real quick! Next project will be the babies room which I'm super excited to start! 

QOTD: We put in a new stamped patio last year so I can't wait to be able to sit out there and just relax after work! I love taking the dog on walks or just throwing the ball to him in the yard and it has just been too muddy lately to do that!

@wifeinraleigh28 love the nursery furniture!

@rmarbles23 hope you are feeling better soon!

@taradise99 sorry to hear you're having such a hard time! We all know the dreaded progesterone suppositories are no fun but sending positive thoughts your way!

@jwatt5 welcome to 2nd trimester!

• rmarble23rmarble23 member
    edited February 2017
    this QOTW is making me want to throw my windows open and put on my flip flops more than ever :( 

thanks @wifeinraleigh28 @ARB425 i feel ok today but def not eating anywhere near what i have been which might be a not so bad thing for my weight gain

@Colleen0516 fingers crossed your little ones cooperate for you, drink some juice beforehand to get them moving and grooving and hope that works :)

eta: spelling :(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Colleen0516 we found out the genders at our scan this morning. EVERYONE was convinced we were having two girls, I thought either that or one boy and one girl.... but we are having two BOYS lol. I drank a glass of OJ before my scan and both twins were moving around like crazy so maybe try to do that or drink something else with a little sugar:)
    Married December 2008
    Long Lupron protocol
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
    JWatt5byrnemenellin-2
  • I am 27+5 today with a little girl, so onto the 3rd trimester board for me next week!

I have my GCT tomorrow, so of course someone brought in cookies and a big apple pie to work today....  I'm hoping things go well.  I am not high risk, other than being old, so hopefully there is no excitement.  I'm actually a little more interested in what happens with the iron and hematocrit levels. I had a routine 3 month follow up appointment with my oncologist in early January, and my hematocrit was down to 30, so they had me start iron then.  I'm hoping things are up a bit from there.  My husband's best friend and his wife just had a baby in November (their first), and her levels were so low she needed IV iron infusions every few weeks during the 3rd trimester.  That does not sound fun at all!

As for spring, I don't know.  It means the bugs come back out, which I hate.  I have a very hard time with spiders and bugs in general and like it when it finally freezes enough that I am safe to go outside wherever and not worry about running into spiderwebs in my rose bushes, etc.  I have issues....  I do love it when the cherry blossoms start to bloom, which should be coming up pretty soon.  And, there is a house a block or so away that has this massive weeping willow that dominates over the entire house, and it is gorgeous for about a week a year when it flowers (it's still pretty when it's just green, but breathtaking when it is in bloom!)
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
    wifeinraleigh28
  • @taradise99 everything thinks twin girls for me too (But because I went to a psychic that has been exactly on point with 3 out of 4 parts of my pregnancy, he said girls- so they are all believers now lol)
    I felt girl/girl for a while (Bc I was swayed by that psychic lol) but now feel boy/girl; my gut is telling me one of each but yet I picture girl/girl. Dont know how to decode my brain lol. Watch, its boy/boy! 

Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

wifeinraleigh28nellin-2
  • @PNW12RN Congrats on graduating to 3rd tri and good luck with the glucose test! Also here's hoping you don't need an iron IV, that surely doesn't sound fun!

@Colleen0516 I can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm feeling girl/girl for sure!

• Oh also I had my first prenatal massage this morning and it was glorious! I feel so relaxed and refreshed. Funny enough though my little girl doesn't seem to understand the concept of relaxation. She was kicking and squirming the entire time! :lol: I can't wait to go back in a month!

byrneme
  • Hello, Hello! I'm 19w3d today and can't believe that it will be half way on Sat. I'm cruising along and nothing to report except this pain on my right lower back if I walk or stand a lot. It only happens when I take a step. Yoga seems to be helping. 

In other news, we started house shopping and now I am in panic mode. I was thinking it would be 30 or so days to close but my realtor said it is closer to 60 days in that part of NY. Ahh. So if we find a house in March, then we are probably not moving until June. Plus there is nothing on the market and the beginning of March is the start of selling/buying season. 

@wifeinraleigh28 Love the furniture, your nursery will be adorable!

@ARB425 You can also try chia seeds for the constipation. My acupuncturist recommend them. I get the squeeze packs or put them directly in my yogurt or smoothie.
  • Hi ladies!
    I am 25w and 2d. There are no changes here. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I was admitted. I am excited I get an ultrasound tomorrow.
    I also had my glucose test today and failed that. I was only at 156 and they were wanting 140 so they are having me do the 3 hour in the next couple of days. Hopefully we don't add that to the list but at least being in the hospital it will be easy to manage if I do.

QOTW: Well, I am hoping to skip all of February, March and April by being in the hospital. So I hope to see all of the flowers blooming from my window. I hate how dirty things are in spring but I love the flowers blooming and the perfect temperature. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Good to hear from you @kelrauh and glad the babies are staying put! Sorry about the glucose test but great attitude about being there to do the 3 hour one! 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @mjacks16 unfortunately the chia seeds haven't done it for me. I eat tons of fruits and veggies plus have smoothies about 4-5 times a week. My dr ended up switching my prenatal and that has helped to a certain degree(today is day 4 on the new prenatal so it's still early). Im really hoping the new prenatal helps! If not miralax is in my future! Thank you for the suggestion though!

@kelaruh sorry you didn't pass the glucose test! I've heard of plenty of people failing the 1st one and passing the 3hr test with flying colors! Glad to hear the babies are staying put!

• nellin-2nellin-2 member
    edited February 2017
    Hi all,

I'm 19 weeks, will be 20 on Saturday! 
    We have our scan on Friday and I'm really excited and nervous. I still haven't felt any obvious movement. Does anyone else feel their own heartbeat really strongly in their belly? It's all I can feel! 
    Was talking to MIL and SIL last night who couldn't understand why I would be nervous about the scan. Even though my SIL has a 1 year old I don't think she understands the purpose of this scan is to make sure everything looks fine with your baby. She was like there couldn't be a problem because your midwife said there was a strong heartbeat at your last appointment.
    Seriously I'd love to have such a blasé (sorry optimistic) attitude that I couldn't picture anything going wrong but after IVF/IF I think we are much more aware of the risks. 
    Ok rant over, I'm really tired after a terrible sleep. I've been feeling great until yesterday when my hips started playing up and was in pain all night tossing and turning. I made it to yoga today hoping to stretch it out hopefully it won't last! 

QOTW: I'm in NZ so it's summer here! It's been a lovely summer but I'm looking forward to fall colours (or autumn as we call it!). And looking forward to having a portable internal hot water bottle for the start of winter then having lots of snuggle time at home over winter with my bean!

Edited because I accidentally posted halfway through my rant :P

• @nellin totally normal to be nervous! I was too! But once you see those babies, it will be okay!
     @kelrauh I love hearing your updates, I think about you all the time.  

I went yesterday for my scan and both babies looked good, but I have to go back because baby A wouldnt cooperate again lol. Apparently, he or she is breech and on its belly so it was very difficult to get some of the mandatory scans that they need. That child never likes to let us do what we need, he/she is either too content or too stubborn haha.
    They DID see the genders though  :):):):) 
    I am waiting til Saturday to reveal them, so I dont know anything yet, but I have my theories based on reading the ultrasound techs words and behaviors haha -- my hubby has different theories lol. Who knows?!?!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

wifeinraleigh28JWatt5cato99
  • @Colleen0516 I was hoping to find out what you were having after your ultrasound! I will be anxiously waiting to find out!

@Nellin I didn't start feeling anything until almost 18 weeks and it was more like little spasms and "pokes" than the flutters that people describe. And YES on the heartbeat. I was just telling my DH that last night! I was sitting on the couch and all I could feel was my heartbeat really strongly in my stomach. I'm guessing it's all the blood thats pumping to the babies:)

@kelrauh glad to hear the babies are keeping in place in the hospital. Do they have you on any meds or anything to help or are they just constantly monitoring you?
    Married December 2008
    Long Lupron protocol
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
    nellin-2
  • @kelrauh Yay, glad those babies are staying put, and hopefully your bedrest will keep them put until they've done quite a bit more growing! Sorry about the glucose test but I'm sure you'll pass the 3 hour. Hang in there. Always looking for these updates from you and thinking about you constantly!

@Colleen0516 I'll be on pins and needles until Saturday!!! So excited to find out what your beans are!

• @taradise99 - at 22 weeks and 6 days and 23 weeks I got steroid shots. And they gave me indocen at 23 weeks-23 weeks 3 days in case there were any contractions they were missing or my uterus was irritated. They also have me on progesterone suppositories nightly.

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Hi ladies!  First 2nd trimester post and I recognize some familiar names from the first tri boards.  Excited to be joining you all over here.  I'm 15w3d with two little ones, due date is Aug 6 but of course will be earlier.  We had a checkup earlier this week and everything is looking good.  They did bloodwork to check spine health so hoping that comes back all clear.  Our next appointment is end of the month where as long as everyone cooperates we'll get to learn the genders.  We can't wait to find out!

@Colleen0516 so excited to find out what you're having!

@kelrauh sending thoughts and prayers that those little ones keep on baking for a while longer - hope you are staying as comfortable as you can.

nellin-2wifeinraleigh28
  • @kelrauh So glad to hear your little ones are still staying put! Hope you have some good books and TV shows to keep yourself entertained! 

@taradise99 glad it's not just me - it's crazy after any exercise, the other day I was lying on the couch after walking the dog and I could see my stomach moving with my heartbeat! 

Scan tomorrow afternoon, luckily I have a really busy day at work so I won't have time to think about it! 

• @Esperer Welcome to 2nd trimester! Excited to find out the sexes of your two littles! Love seeing ladies from the first tri board come and join us over here.

Sleeping is getting so uncomfortable even with my snoogle these days. I just can't get comfortable on my sides because of my awful carpel tunnel. Within 10 minutes of lying on my side my fingers go numb and painful. The splints help a little bit but not enough to allow me to get a decent night's sleep. I just toss and turn all night and I'm always thankful when it's morning and I can just get up and not deal with it anymore. Right now it's 4am and I just couldn't be in bed anymore. I don't know what to do! I might try sleeping on my lazy boy tonight.

• I am feeling the same way @wifeinraleigh28, I havent gotten a good nights sleep in a few days. I toss and turn all night. Its not even that I cant sleep, my body ACHES from laying down. I dont know how to make myself comfortable, and rolling over is becoming harder and harder as my belly grows. But I dont have a maternity pillow; I think Im buying one this weekend.  Message me if you're up early because Ill be up with you lol :blush:
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

wifeinraleigh28
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - I feel for you, not being able to sleep because of pain. I've been there before for a different reason and it's not fun at all. I hope you'll be able to find comfort soon. Is there anything else a dr could do to help you be more comfortable maybe?

@Esperer - Hi!! Nice to see you over here too! 

On Tuesday/Valentine's Day I got to actually hear the heartbeat, although not for long because he/she kept moving. I had always just been told what the heart rate was, never heard it so it was a nice little gift.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

wifeinraleigh28byrneme
  • edited February 2017
    @Colleen0516 I definitely recommend a pregnancy pillow! It does help with the comfort, especially with hip pain. I find that I'm most comfortable If I position the pillow under my belly so I'm half on my side and half on my belly, kind of at an angle. Unfortunately this doesn't help my carpel tunnel at ALL though, but at least the other pains are a little better. Also, tossing and turning is much easier depending on the type of sleepwear you are wearing! I was wearing flannel pajamas for the longest time and those were so difficult to move around in. Last weekend I bought a couple nursing nightgowns from Destination Maternity at the mall and they are amazing! Soooooo much easier to move around in under the covers, plus we can wear them for nursing! I bought 2 of the Bump in the Night Nursing Nightgowns. I tried to share a link but it wouldn't work for some reason.

Oh and I will definitely message you the next time I'm up in the middle of the night! :) But hopefully you will be sound asleep!

@JWatt5 Good idea to check with the doc. I have my next prenatal tomorrow morning so I'm definitely going to ask if there is anything else I can do. I'm sorry that so much of us are having a hard time sleeping! At least it's good practice for when our babies are here? :)

JWatt5
  • Welcome @Esperer , good to see you again!!

@JWatt5 that sounds like a PERFECT Valentine's Day gift, yay!

Hope everyone gets some sleep this weekend :)@Colleen0516 , can't wait to hear the genders!!!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • I'm so sorry so many of you are struggling to sleep! I feel like this should be a third trimester problem! I've had a couple of bad nights but last night I slept ALL night it was incredible except I was so desperate for the loo when I woke up it was painful! :)
    I'm also really glad I'm a napping person, I think that'll help a lot when I get further along and after baby arrives. Now all I need is a spot to nap at work in my lunch break! :P
  • @kelrauh It is fascinating how medicines can be used for different things. They gave Charlie indocen to close his PDA. It didn't work, but still. I'm glad your babies are hanging in there. 
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited February 2017
    @clt2pwm11 it is crazy what meds do. They cpumd only have me on it for 72 hours as it could close their PDA. I am glad charlie is doing better.

I passed my 3 hour glucose test today. I had my ultrasound yesterday, and being the worry wart i am i looked at the results on my phone. That was a bad choice. Baby boy had enlarged ventricles which Google makes you believe it is a very bad thing. So, I had a long worrisome night last night. The doctors talked to us today and said they think it is probably just his anatomy but they ran bloodwork to rule out a virus and infection causing it. They said chromosomal issues could cause it but there are no other indicators of those, and there's nothing we could do but love him anyway if something was wrong. I will have another ultraspund in 3 weeks to check to see if it progressed or went down. So, note to self don't look at results before talking to the Dr. Because dr. Google can cause a lot more stress. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• I had my scan today and everything was good and I'm so relieved and finally feel like it's safe to really get excited! Our sonographer talked us through everything she was looking at and measuring. Obviously it all gets checked for official results but she said everything looks as they would expect and look for. After my 12 week scan (different clinic) where she barely talked and gave us no clues this was such a relief. 

Also I definitely have an anterior placenta which explains why I haven't felt any real movement. 

@kelrauh Yay congratulations on passing your 3 hour test!  It sounds like you have great doctors so stay away from Dr. Google! :P
    wifeinraleigh28byrneme
  • @nellin I'm so happy to hear your scan went well! Its so awesome when you have a great u/s tech! 

@kelraugh yay for passing the 3hr glucose test! 

We recieved a call from the OB to pick up our gender results yesterday so we will be telling family this weekend! After that I'll post on here the results!  All the genetic testing came back perfect.

We went last night to look at strollers and some other baby items at baby r us and my poor hubby was so stressed looking at all the different options and all the things we will need! We are attempting to take a minimal approach  as our house is not very big. I'm just hoping to find items for our registry that fold down or take up less space! 

nellin-2wifeinraleigh28byrneme
  • @arb425 cant wait to hear if its a boy or a girl!!! 

@nellin so happy to hear that you are feeling more confident! Hopefully you feel kicks and twinges soon!! :smile:

@kelrauh Google is the worst, but its so hard to not search the web. Im sure your little boy is fine, but you will feel so much better when the bloodwork come in! I still commend you so much for handling this bed rest thing like a CHAMP! You're left to nothing but your thoughts, that has to be so difficult!! Keep keeping those babies safe! You're already an amazing mom to those two little ones :smile:
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @kelrauh I feel your pain. I google EVERYTHING. It's so terrible. Chances are your boy is just fine and it really is nothing to worry about. I know how hard it is not to worry about our little ones though. Congrats on passing your glucose test!

@Nellin Yay for a great scan and finally getting excited! Even with an anterior placenta once your baby gets big enough you will feel plenty of movement. A lot of times the movement I feel isn't even at the front but way up in the sides or even internally. It's only a matter of time!

Well I had another awful night last night with carpel tunnel. When it gets bad I can't even be horizontal anymore because the pain is so bad, so I have to stand up and walk around. I ended up sleeping for about 3 hours on the lazy boy which helped the carpel tunnel at least, but I don't feel that rested.

I had my monthly prenatal appointment this morning and asked the midwife if there is anything I can do. She said all we can do is manage symptoms, like with an ice pack or the splints I already have. She did say though that if it's more comfortable for me to sleep on my back, to go ahead and do so as long as I don't find myself getting short of breath or lightheaded from it. She said not everyone has a problem with sleeping on their back and that I will know if there's a problem. So I may just try that for awhile. Sleeping on my sides really aggravates my carpel tunnel!

My next prenatal appointment isn't for 4 weeks, but then after that I'm going to have a LOT of appointments. So I should try to just enjoy not schlepping myself to the doctor so often right now. At 28 weeks I have my glucose test, at 29 weeks I have my next ultrasound to check growth (I was wrong in thinking I didn't have anymore ultrasounds), and then starting at 32 weeks I will have weekly appointments... some will be regular prenatal appointments and some will be non stress tests since I'm high risk. I feel like this is all happening so fast!