May 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 2-10

Anyone have anything good today? I feel like our board has been really chill this week. We could use a little fun entertainment:) 

Re: FFFC 2-10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to see Fifty Shades Darker with some girlfriends tomorrow. I have no shame about it! Apparently we should though because a bunch of ladies overheard us talking about it at our luncheon yesterday and gave us all dirty looks. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @hp_momma I thoroughly enjoyed the books. No shame. I like a little smut here and there.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I'm with you @nda_roxybabe and @hp_momma.  Those books were horribly written but I loved them and read all three with no shame.
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot , that actually does make me feel better, haha...upon finishing the cookie, I felt instantly guilty. I'm just SO pissed. Because I was SO excited when I passed the early 1 hour test! I thought I was in the clear...BAH. I asked if I could just skip straight to monitoring my glucose because when I finally had to with my last, I literally NEVER had an elevated level and they told me no. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Obviously this is a FWP, but it BLOWS my mind that there are people that don't have refrigerated air conditioning. Apparently "Swamp Coolers" are a thing in El Paso, TX. I've been having to call rental companies all day to confirm that the houses I am looking at have refrigerated air. I mean I get it if you're somewhere that doesn't get hot, but we are basically in Mexico. My friend said it's like the sun is 5 feet from your face.

Basically I am spoiled and I am going to melt and die when we get there in June.
  • Options
    @bacorrea My MIL had just a swamp cooler in Sierra Vista, AZ. Ugh, it was not great. You need some good AC, hoping you can find it.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @bacorrea Ugh swamp cooler would instantly cross the house of my list no matter how perfect it was! You definitely need AC in the desert, swamp coolers are miserable. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I can see where a portable swamp cooler might be nice on some occasions.  But, girl, you need A/C.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Confession: I wish the onesies thread was call "For funsies:"
    No lie...I just had that very thought myself before clicking in and seeing you post the same thing...haha...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I lost my cool today after a very long night with DS in the hospital for bronchiolitis. He always gets respiratory illnesses way harder than usual and needs a steroid to recover ok and some breathing treatments. Came home and DS2 was up off and on all night while I had major heartburn. Today they're refusing to nap and screaming about everything. I just lost it and yelled and DS looked afraid and it broke my heart. The only way to recover was a good ugly cry and scream into my bedroom pillow. Now I feel awful and tired and mad at myself. Really took it to a bad place wondering how in the hell I'm going to do this with 3. Not my best day. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamatowildones I had a rough day with my toddler on Wednesday and just felt horrible for crying in front of him, and all those same thoughts. I think we all go through that at times! Being a mom isn't for the faint of heart! You are a great mama, and your boys are lucky to have you!
  • Options
    Another FFFC: we decided on a name, but I'm still telling everyone we don't know because I don't want their opinions... but I also don't want to come off as smug a la this Garfunkle and Oates song (I've posted it before, but it's still relevant here). Like "oooh, we know but we're not telling." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJRzBpFjJS8 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    I have another FFC to add...I really hate when my family asks me to babysit. I know it's misleading because I was a nanny, but I really just don't like other people's kids 97% of the time.
    I taught kindergarten and first grade and I agree 100% with this statement. I really don't like watching other people's kids. In the military community, it's like assumed that neighbors will trade babysitting, I hate it. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    mamatowildones, I hope your kids feel better! Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm not a mom yet, but I can understand losing it sometimes.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @hp_momma I'm glad it's not just me! I really enjoyed my stint as a nanny and miss those kids like crazy sometimes, but honestly, I just don't really enjoy other people's children all that much. I love my own toddler, but that does not mean I want to watch your bratty 5y/o for free because we're family.
  • Options
    @mamatowildones I hope tomorrow is better. Don't beat yourself up! I love @OmegaRose3's quote.
  • Options
    Jen_Shoes said:
    I "stole" $20 from my husbands night stand this morning because I needed cash to pay for the tip portion of my pedicure, (for my upcoming trip to La to visit my sister that he isn't invited to) and I also bought a muffin and coffee with it. No shame here, and if he asks about it not being there I'll probably say I don't know where it is since his memory is so bad. 
    Oh that drives me insane!!!! H does that and conveniently forgets to tell so I'll think I have cash and need it and I don't!!!!! Except I don't have an awful memory. Drives me insane. I'm like, just let me know! So I don't order food or something and have nothing to pay for. Or pay for a pizza with all coins! No shame. Has happened before because of him.  :D
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    @sarah0985 we have a money jar in our cupboard in the kitchen that we keep coins and a few hundred in for such situations. Then if we ever need cash it's readily available if we can't get to the bank or if we need to pay the delivery guy. 
  • Options
    kat81 said:
    I've been eating nutella out of the container. And it's almost gone, so instead of being smart I think I will buy more.
    I'm guilty of this!!! I can't tell you how many jars I've probably just eaten with a spoon this pregnancy  :s I keep saying I won't buy it again, then somehow it ends up in the cart!
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    starphish18starphish18 member
    edited February 2017
    FFFC? I don't really care for nutella. It sounds especially bad to me right now. I ate more than usual (meaning I ate some, cause I don't usually ever eat it) while in Italy during my first tri, so now it doesn't have the best association for me.
  • Options
    Mmm nutella. I should get some.
  • Options
    I'm with you on the Nutella @starphish18. Gross.