TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week of 2/6

1. Introduce yourself. If you're new, this is the perfect place to jump in and let us know a little about you.

2. Status -WTO, TWW, Benched

3. Rants/Raves

4. GTKY: How do you deal with an exercise/weight rut?  If you're really trying to be healthy and yet your weight and measurements won't move.  How do you overcome it?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 2/6

• 2. Status -WTO, TWW, Benched: WTO. CD 12 I think.

3. Rants/Raves: I think that I may O earlier than usual.  Normally I have a 35-36 day cycle, but I've noticed some nice CM in the past few days.  

4. GTKY: How do you deal with an exercise/weight rut?  If you're really trying to be healthy and yet your weight and measurements won't move.  How do you overcome it?  Clearly I asked this question because this is where I'm at.  I'm trying so hard to be healthy and lose weight (constant struggle for me) and the 4 pounds I dropped last month have showed back up.  I feel so defeated!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 2. Status -WTO, TWW, Benched.  WTO.  I'm on CD 27 and 3 BFNs so just waiting for AF any day now

3. Rants/Raves I started physical therapy last week and it's only been a few days of stretching and strengthening exercises but I'm feeling a tad bit of relief in my knee so I'm hopeful that this will work. I've been in constant pain since October 

4. GTKY: How do you deal with an exercise/weight rut?  If you're really trying to be healthy and yet your weight and measurements won't move.  How do you overcome it? This is such a great question.  I maintained my weight without any problems until I got pregnant the first time.  Since my miscarriage I've struggled with my weight.  I gained 70 with first pregnancy and lost 50 but this last 20 wants to stay put.  I go to weight watchers and it helps but I sabotage myself each month when I get that BFN.  I also teach jazzercise so that helps but it's not enough anymore and can't seem to squeeze anything else into my schedule. I'm still searching for something to overcome lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on probably the last day of my first AF since the CP.  My AF is pretty much what it was before the CP so it feels good knowing I'm back to my normal anyways.

I get my hair cut tomorrow - it's hard to believe last time I was there I was supposedly 4 weeks pregnant although I'm not convinced of that and this month I would be in my 2nd trimester. oh well.  After my cut tomorrow I"m going to stop by the clothes mentor and hopefully snag some cute yoga tops.

I gained a lot of weight in my pregnancy with DD so I was at the gym 4 days a week.  Between cardio/classes/weights and clean eating I lost it all within that year.  If I hit a plateau I would just do only cardio that week and I would see that pound drop within the week.  Seeing the scale drop kept me motivated.  That and also starting to wear my old clothes again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @dpjennifer Don't look at the scale.  Take pictures!  I think that route works best imo.

@Mack2342 Healthy body, healthy mind.  I think whenever anyone is carrying pain, that frustration spills over in unusual ways.  I hope you continue to feel an improvement!

@vlagrl29  Haircut days are my favorite.  I try to wait until the last possible day to wash my hair after my cut because I can never make it look as good.  I am an idiot when it comes to using a hairdryer.

AFM

CD?  I stopped tracking this cycle.  Judging by CM I should be Oing in the next few days. I thought NOT temping/charting would help me feel better but it has actually made me more anxious so I am going to start back up after this month's AF.  I think I just need to know my body is working right.  DH is down to bd whenever which is a bit tiring.  TMI- but my only repose is when AF is here, and I have a "DO NOT ENTER" sign on my lady bits.

Rant- My best friend is totally showing now and talking about the baby all the time.  It's hard to hear but I also don't want to be rude.  She casually mentioned how fun this summer is going to be down at the lake.  (I'm a teacher and she owns her own business so we hang out in the Berkshires all summer swimming and hanging out.) And I don't want to burst her bubble but being around a newborn 24-7 is the last thing I want to be doing this summer because that should have been me too.  

I gained  20lbs after my ectopic from eating crap food and sitting around feeling sorry for myself.  I am very short (5 feet), so that weight totally made me look like a blimp.  I joined a gym in December and do 3.5 hours of cardio and 2 hours of weight lifting each week.  The weight melted off in about 8 weeks.  I lost 15 of the 20 lbs and feel great.  I took progress pics. And although it was super hard to look at the before pics, it really has helped me see progress when the scale wasn't being so kind. 
  • 2. 4 DPO

3. Feeling pretty good. Had fun having people over for the Super Bowl yesterday. Had 2 families with kids and have not been able to have people with kids over in well over a year bec I thought it would be too triggering. Im proud of myself that I could do it and had a good time as well. Plus the puppy had SO MUCH FUN running around the kids- I felt like I got a glimpse of my future and it was pretty great.

4.) I have gained weight with both pg and then subsequent mc. Every month when I get a BFN I also treat myself bec I get in the why even bother mindset. I work out fairly regularly - I do barre classes and the elliptical at the gym and do eat pretty healthy. But I just treat myself too much, so I am trying to work on that. When I work out and just eat my regular food for a about a week or so I do notice a difference in my clothes but then I get in the mindset that I have been so good so I can have this... It's just a vicious cycle.

@mack2342 - Its just so easy to sabotage yourself when you get that BFN.

@justsuzie - Im sorry about your friend -that's really hard. I had a coworker who was due around the same time I would have been due in my first pg and seeing her everyday was brutal. Even with other close friends who have babies its hard walking the line of supportive friend while still protecting yourself. Did you change your diet when you lost weight or just do it with exercise?
  • @justsuzie- everyone is different.  If charting keeps you more at peace then do it.

@Mack2342 - I also gained 70 with my first pregnancy eek!  On a small body frame it hurts!  Keep on trucking with loosing it.  If I can do it any one can.
  • 1. Laura, age 36. have 2 kids age 3 and 6 and 2 2nd tri losses in last 11 months.

2. Status -Benched for now. i'm only 2 weeks post MC so waiting for all clear to have sex and try again (I think they suggested waiting a couple cycles this time)

3. Rants/Raves - we continue to be showered in love and support which is great. I teach college and the juniors and seniors all signed a card for me and it is the most touching thing I've ever received. Also - my OB got me the hook up and I'm heading to MFM this week to get started! Trying to get my questions and thoughts lined up.

4. GTKY: Switch up exercise routine or eating routine. I did whole 30 last summer and it was great. then i added in orange theory on top of my barre classes...
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @ladipale - glad you aregetting a lot of support from everyone, that is really good to hear. Barre classes are addicting aren't they? GL txing with the MFM this week.
  • @dpjennifer Yay for early O and good CM! I'm sorry you're stuck in a plateau. The important thing to keep in mind is that even if you're not losing weight, you're still doing really healthy things for your body, and that's never bad. I've yo-yo'd a bit over the last ten years. The things that always helped me to get over a plateau was to change up my routine - do different cardio, different weights, to get my body out of its routine. Our bodies get efficient pretty quickly at tasks we do a lot, and then we burn less calories. Doing something different for a week can help mix things up. 

@Mack2342 Sorry for the BFNs. It just sucks. I'm glad you're getting relief on your knee pain though.

@justsuzie So sorry for the triggers. It's so hard to watch someone else be where you should be. I said this in WTO, but as far as tracking goes, just do what feels best to you. Our overall mental and emotional health are just as important as physical health.

@TScalei I'm glad you're feeling good and had a fun time with the Super Bowl. I bet watching your pup with the kids was adorable.

@ladipale I'm so glad you're getting the support you need and will be meeting with the MFM soon. I hope you get some answers.

AFM:

2. BFNs all weekend, spotting, and a huge temp drop today. So CD1 should be later today or tomorrow. On to cycle 4 after our second loss, I guess. 

3. Just feeling bummed by the three failed cycles in a row. Not much beyond that. Rave: my puppy loved the snow this morning! The last few times, he's been so hesitant to step outside. This morning he just wanted to run through it! Nothing like running in jeans and hiking boots to appease my puppy... Lol.

4. As I said above, I try to mix things up to push through a plateau. Right now, I'm still in the stage where I'm trying to establish good habits. I'm judging my success with how well I stick to my diet resolutions. I've only weighed myself maybe 3 times in the last month because I tend to get obsessive about the numbers. I wanted to find ways to feel good about the good decisions I make, and not only feel good about the number on the scale. It's working so far. We'll see how I feel in a month, though, if the number doesn't move... Lol.

• 2. Status -WTO, TWW, Benched

I don't even know. I had spotting last week that I hoped was AF returning, but that stopped. So still waiting... 

3. Rants/Raves

Completely out of the blue, Saturday afternoon, I started getting this localized, severe abdominal pain. DH (a PT) assumed I pulled a muscle at the gym earlier that day and recommended Ibuprofen and a heating pad. 

By Sunday morning it was so much worse I made him take me to the ER. They dx me with a UTI. I've never had one before, but the pain I was in was worse than unmedicated childbirth. 

They sent me home with a Rx for a higher dose of Ibuprofen and Cipro. I get to the pharmacy you can't work out while on Cipro. I'm just getting back into a routine after being forced out of the gym for two months. My mental health can't take more time away. I called my OB this morning to see if she could switch me to something else, but I'm still waiting for someone to call me back. 

4. GTKY: How do you deal with an exercise/weight rut?  If you're really trying to be healthy and yet your weight and measurements won't move.  How do you overcome it?

For me, if I'm really in a rut, I start tracking what I eat. I use an app (Fitbit or My Fitness Pal) to track calories, fat, macronutrients, ect. That always helps me see where I'm lacking or splurging. (Usually splurging.) 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladipale GL with MFM!
    @BelhurstBride why did they tell you you can't work out on cipro? It doesn't have the black box warning for Achilles tendon rupture that levofloxacin has (same family). Just curious as I've never given this advice when prescribing cipro.

2. WTO, CD10. Cycle 6 TTCAL after 7 month bench. 

3. Rants today: my poor Falcons lost! (but tip of the cap to you @SoonToBeMommaHowe, what a great comeback--I think it was due to your snackadium!  :) ). But anyway....DH's ahem, skin is STILL cut up and healing from BD last FW, it's so frustrating! We are waiting until Thursday night before I leave out of state for the weekend to work to BD, but I think I'll still miss most of the FW this month. Think this month will be a bust. Sigh. 

GTKY: My weight has been pretty steady over the years, apart from when I got Graves disease, I lost ~10lbs and gained back about 13. I tell patients more to go by how their clothes fit--when I was in college I was on the rowing team and weighed 30lbs more than I do now, yet the clothes I wear today would be hanging off of me (we had 2 3-hour practices daily). Basically, not to be discouraged by the number on the scale if you are feeling better and your clothes are getting looser. 

Have a wonderful week ladies!!  :):):)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka, tendon rupture was exactly why I was told I couldn't work out on it. Google said the same. I texted a girfriend who's a pharm rep and asked her. She contacted a friend who reps the drug and said not only should you not work out on it, but shouldn't work out for two weeks after being on it. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dpjennifer  Awesome for the cm

@Mack2342  FX that the PT helps more with the knee pain.  

@justsuzie - So hard with bf being pregnant.  I wouldn't want to hang out with a newborn all summer either.  Great job at the gym.  Those are amazing results.

@ladipale  Love how much support you are getting.

@RiverSong15  This all stinks.  This cycle is either 3 or 4 for me depending if I want to count Nov right after the mc.  Extra fertile after mc my ass.

AFM

Rant:  

possible **TW**

Celebrated Chinese New Year with my family on Saturday.  My cousin just moved here with his wife.  I was telling DH that they will prob just start having kids.  True to form, my mother told me that she is 5 1/2 months preg (what I was supposed to be).  They are living off of my aunts rent/everything free.  I don't mean to get into a political debate but I am really annoyed at this.  At dinner my cousin hinted at the fact that he will only work if it is "high salary."  For them 100k a year is considered "high."  With no skills and no English, not sure what there is out there for him. My mother said his wife will get a job as soon as the baby is born.  I don't think my mother is being realistic.  They are supposedly looking for their own apartment.  I'm not sure how they are going to afford everything with no jobs.

It gets me really frustrated on so many levels.  Their mindset is that they will just live off of gov assistance and it's all good. In the meantime, I made sure I got myself into a position where I can afford kids which wasted time/egg quality.  These two are in their mid-late 20s.  In the meantime, I have a bill from three months ago from when my mc was diagnosed that is waiting for me.  

Was at dinner for about 2 hours.  My mother told me that I needed to get preg 3 x.  Went to pick up something at her house on Sunday.  Was there for about 30 min, she told me I needed to get preg 2 x!!  End rant.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• ***TW LC mentioned***

Introduce yourself. If you're new, this is the perfect place to jump in and let us know a little about you. I'm returning here after a BFP in January. Have a 14yo DD from a prior relationship and my fiance and I have been trying for a year. Had a MMC in Aug 2016 and just found out I had another with this one. Only 6 weeks each time. Found out I have fibroids and two ovarian cysts that are apparently not new and were not found by my current doctor.

2. Status -Benched...still waiting for MC to complete or see if I need to have another D&C

3. Rants/Raves-My idiot doctor's office. I can't even see her until Friday so I have another week to just "wait and see". I'm so pissed off at them right now. They're grossly incompetent and I'm trying to get in to another OB/GYN who is also an MFM. I may see if I can get in to see them sooner and just cancel with the other doctor. I had a US at a radiology center on Thursday and was supposed to get rushed results. I called twice, no return call. I went online to my health records and found the radiology report myself. Two hours later, the doctor's office calls back to say they didn't have the report yet. When I told the nurse that I had already read it, she stammered and looked it up...something she should have done before calling me. Then she was all "Is there anything else we can do for you?" I had to ASK for a follow up appointment! How f***ing idiotic do you have to be to work in a medical office, an ob/gyn at that, and have to ask that question and not even try to get the patient in sooner? This is why I'd rather drive an hour one way and possibly have to have my baby in another city than go back to these morons.

4. GTKY: How do you deal with an exercise/weight rut?  If you're really trying to be healthy and yet your weight and measurements won't move.  How do you overcome it? I still don't have an answer to that one honestly. If anyone else does, please let me know. (Warning: my sarcasm meter is on overdrive because I'm so angry right now.)

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• sorry you are dealing with such ignorance @rainafire77 - my feeling has always been we are paying doctors big bucks for our pregnancies they should help us out.

I'm actually having to appeal a bill from a claim over a year ago back in 2015.  I was doing my VBAC consults with OBs and this one sent the claim in and Coventry put it into a pregnancy benefit.  But I was not pregnant.  It should have been paid in full by them but because it was put into the pregnancy benefit we owed $168 for a freaking consult.  we aren't paying it so now I have to go thru and appeal process and hope my OB will help me out with it so they can get paid.
  • @rainafire77 I'm so sorry to see you back here and that your doctors office is sucking big time right now.

2)cd37, benched and waiting for AF. I'm 13dpo so she should be here tonight or tomorrow. 

3)If anyone watched the SuperBowl last night you know my rave!!! My goodness Tom Brady is legendary ❤️❤️ Oh and @amberruka DHs first text out after the win was "the Patriots are undefeated since the construction of the snack stadium" lol. What a freakin comeback!!!!!

Rant - Can a girl just get AF and get on with it?! I'm so nervous/excited to start our first treatment cycle. 

4)I put on 18 lbs with the twins, and kept it on due to a one year hiatus from the gym and frequent trips to the ice cream place. For me it's all about truly cleaning up my diet and as soon as I do I feel the difference in a couple of days. I'm such an emotional eater (mainly sugar)...oh you had a rough day make dessert....oh your team played terrible have a bag of trail mix...etc, etc. Vicious! (Especially when your team is 0-14, lol)

DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SP128 - Ugh Im so sorry about all of that. DH and I waited until we were both established in our careers until we started trying to have kids and now we are having so much trouble getting pg that I feel like we are being punished for doing the responsible thing and waiting. Meanwhile I see so many of our friends getting accidentally KU who can't afford it, aren't prepared for it etc. It just seems so unfair.

@Riversong15 - Im sorry for the impending CD 1. I never thought this process would be so long either.  Enjoy running through the snow with your pup - that always makes me smile and cheers me up!

@rainafire77 - Im sorry for what you are going through with your drs office.

@soontobemommahowe - DH's snack stadium comment made me laugh. The snack stadium is pretty amazing though!
  • @TScalei  I feel like we are being punished all the time.  I know we can't think like that and DH says the same thing, but...... I can't help but think that if we were irresponsible we wouldn't be in the same boat right now.  

@rainafire77  So sorry you have to deal with incompetent medical "professionals"  Adds insult to injury
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Hi, I'm new here. (I was last active on the bump in early 2013.) I had a cp last week, and I've been lurking since then. Before I go on, can someone refer me to a post about the preferred trigger warnings for this group? I've tried searching but I can't figure out the right terms to find anything specific to ttcal. You all seem so nice and the last thing I want to do is accidentally say the wrong thing. 

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited February 2017
    1. Introduce yourself. If you're new, this is the perfect place to jump in and let us know a little about you.

Not new, but new to TTCAL because I'm coming off the bench now. MC @ 8w on 1/8

Joining @RiverSong15 on CD1...

3. Rants/Raves

Frustrated like @rainafire77. Been trying to get into MFM since I started bleeding on 1/4, four days before my MC. Have to go through one specific doctor's nurse and haven't gotten phone calls or emails as promised. I gathered records and bloodwork from various offices (I have Lyme and some sort of blood disorder or autoimmune issue) and was told I wasn't a priority since I was no longer pregnant and there were at least 5 people before me. I got her on the phone today and she said she was still waiting to hear from patients ahead of me... over a month later. She sometimes answered my emails asking if she got the records, but never answered when I asked about appointments or returned voicemails. She said she was still waiting for others. I asked, "At what point do you stop waiting for people?" and she didn't have an answer, but I suddenly was at the top of the list. However her bag of 30 patients' files was so poorly organized that she couldn't find mine and thought she already sent me the registration packet after I asked if she needed anything else and she told me she already got it. So now I'm going to have to badger her for it. I have an appointment for March 12 and I asked what I should do if I get pregnant before then. Her answer? "Well, we normally don't advise that until we see you." Too bad. DH is going to be in a wedding in Mexico and I may only have one shot for the next few months and even this one may be blown because he's scheduled to be in Vegas for the bachelor party during my FW. Can you tell AF just showed up? So ragey right now!!!

I was a college athlete and worked out religiously for about 4 years after that. Once I finished grad school, I was so exhausted that I stopped exercising other than some coed once a week sports like softball (where I met DH). My weight is fine, but I have no muscle tone and bad GI issues, so I don't have any advice!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @ArtificialRed Sorry you are joining us. Pretty much anything goes since it's understood this board is about loss. Other boards typically need a TW for mention of loss. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @TScalei So glad the puppy did well!  You never know with dogs and crowds.  Super awesome she was great with the kiddos.  I did change my diet.  I went 75% raw whole foods.  I left myself 25% processed & cooked stuff.  SO pretty much I was eating all fruits, veggies, and raw nuts.  It sounds terrible but it was delicious. You just learn about new ways to make food delicious.  Lost 5lbs the first 2 weeks. 

@RiverSong15 Again, sorry for the BFN.  It's like a slap in the face.  I would love not to test this cycle because the bfns are discouraging but I have to test if I am late because of the history of ectopics.

@amberruka I HATE the scale.  I lose and gain 3-4 lbs in the course of a day. I felt like I starved myself when I was losing weight using the scale. 

@SP128 Frustrating when people don't know the entire story and tell you to hurry up and get pg.  It's like, yah, I know, I'm working on it!  And, it frustrates me as well that some people don't plan for children and then get them and figure it out afterwards.  I planned and saved and got all my shit together and now I am left with nothing.  Seems unfair.

@NYTino24  Woohoo for off the bench.  Small milestone accomplished!  Boo hoo for shitty doctor drama!

• what is MFM?

I don't have patience with people in the medical field and insurance so if any of you have doubts about your OB please start interviewing others in your area.  I interviewed 3 a little over a year ago and was really happy with the one I picked but her billing person sucks ass and pisses me off because he won't get back to me with questions.  Even just something as stupid as that makes me rethink my decision even though it's nothing to do with her.
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited February 2017
    @vlagrl29 Maternal Fetal Medicine - a high risk OB

Everyone I know who has seen this guy loves him. It's just getting past his nurse that's the issue. I've had to tread carefully between embarrassing her by telling the secretaries that I'm not hearing back from her and not pissing her off. He was recommended by my OB's office. Unfortunately my OB office has 9 docs and I have to see all in the practice because you don't know who will deliver your baby. I'm only sticking around because they already have my records, have a convenient location (across the street from the hospital and in between work and home), and it takes a long time to get into a new practice around me. I am pissed because I told the secretary that I thought I would be high risk and needed to be seen before their typical 8 weeks, but was brushed off. If I'm not happy much longer, I will switch soon since I'm due for an annual in June. 

• I just need to vent....so as most of you know I teach jazzercise.  Before I got pregnant the 2nd time, one of our instructors was pregnant and I told her in a group email that I had hoped to join her soon in the pregnancy club.  Another instructor chimed in and said oh not  me I just want to enjoy my son (we have sons a couple months apart).  So I get pregnant and then miscarry in august.  In October that same girl who wanted to enjoy her son announces she is pregnant.  She is due in May well she just announced that she just found out she is having twins and now I keep getting group texts to cover her classes.  I'm annoyed bc I felt like she was condescending to me about trying to get pregnant and now she is with two.  And now I have to hear about it all the time.  And I can't even teach classes for the month because of my knee.  I'm done ranting.  I just needed to get that off my chest
  • Ugh that sucks @ mack2342 - it always seems like those that don't care about getting pg or weren't planning for it have no troubles.  Even though you never really know who is planning to get pg or how they really feel about it - people's cavalier attitudes towards pg is just hard.
  • @Mack2342- oh that sucks.  I'm sorry you even have to deal with that and then to have to cover her classes too.  Take care of yourself and your knee.  Don't over do it.
  • Thanks ladies for listening.  I'm finding the closer we get to my EDD(march) this kind of stuff is really bothering me.  
  • I'm so sorry @Mack2342. Milestones are always hard. Hugs.
  • @justsuzie While temping I want to stop because I hate waking up early. Not a morning person at all. But then when I don't temp I get really frustrated that I don't have anything to over analyze and start to feel like I'm in the dark. My DH is also down to dtd any time. It can get so annoying! The guy even wants to dtd when he's sick! He's crazy haha that is the absolute last thing I even think about when I'm sick!

@rainafire77 and @NYTino24 I am so sorry you have to deal with such incompetent people. That would drive me batty.  

@Mack2342 Sorry you have to deal with that co-worker. Literally all of our friends (DH's friends) are pregnant right now with their 2nd kids. Our DS is 2.5-3 years older than their 1st kids so they were all pregnant the 1st go round together and now again with the 2nd go round. I feel so left out and it sucks to constantly be reminded that we aren't pregnant right now. 

1. Pretty new, I've tried to post here and there but really took a few days off. I needed a break. Had mc last week at a little over 5weeks. We decided to NTNP for a bit. Although I'm still temping and OPK's because I want to have some sort of an idea when af will be on the horizon so I don't know if you can really call that not trying. 

2. NTNP/WTO   8 cycles TTC before our loss. Does the time between  mc and 1st af after count as 1 TTCAL? Or would af be cd1 al?

3. Rants/Raves

My new planner I ordered came in 2 days early! DH finds my love of planners and writing things down weird. But it's a custom planner and so far I love it! I found a bike for DS (4.5 years old) at target on clearance for $35! He has one but it's so big and heavy he was having trouble controlling it. He's on the smaller side and his scrawny arms and legs don't help much. He has a balance bike so I was hoping to skip the training wheels but he needs to figure out the whole peddling thing. We are supposed to have amazing weather this weekend so I told him he had a week to practice with the training wheels and then we were taking them off. I think he would be able to do it if he wouldn't freak himself out about falling. 

I try to concentrate more on what I'm eating than how the scale is moving. I haven't done very well lately. We moved in May and since then our life has been crazy just getting used to the new area, starting a business, etc. it used to take me 10 minutes to get DS from school and back home. Now it takes 15 minutes just to drive there, another 15 to find a parking spot get up to his room get him and his stuff/talk to the teacher and get back down, then another 15 minutes back home. I leave work at 5 and don't get home until close to 6. Then having to cook and eat and it feels like I send him to bed right away. We have been horrible with eating out so I'm trying to do better
  • @SeriouslySirius I love the sparkly newness of planners but never quite use them after the first few weeks.  I am horrendously disorganized in an organized way if that makes sense. I gave up on temping this cycle. And last cycle I fell asleep with the thermometer in my lady parts. Talk about an uncomfy wakeup!  
  • @Mack2342  totally understandable.  Creepy internet hugs for you.  

@SeriouslySirius  Sorry you are joining us.  I started temping again at the start of my mc.  What would I do with all my time if I didn't have my temps to over analyze.... multiple times a day?  I have the same question about to count the time between mc and af as cycle 1 of ttcal.  Let me know if you find out!
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• I didn't count CD1 until the MC, but when I moved it back to the start of bleeding, my temps and O matched up more with my usual cycles. Only difference was a 10 day LP instead of 12-14. :( I am bleeding way worse now than with the MC. 

• edited February 2017
    Late to the party, I've been super busy lately!

Benched

3. Rant
    *tw just in case*
    I work as a secretary in an imaging center. I check in patients and schedule them for appointments. Today we had a patient come in with her SO for her ob sono. On her way out one of my coworkers asked her if she found out what she was having and she gets this disgusted look on her face and says "ugh, a boy" and her SO says "a BRAT boy"...um excuse me? I would kill to be having a boy right now! Or any baby for that matter! Ok, end rant.

Raves
    DH had the day off today and he did laundry! He never does laundry! I was so excited when I got home :)

Mix it up. If you get stuck in a rut, do something new or kick up your intensity. 

Eta spelling is hard when you're angry lol
  • Here's my update. Worried I'm going to end up back on the bench. 
    I am bleeding pretty badly on CD3. Pretty much any movement, especially walking, causes blood to pour out. I'm soaking through a "10 hour" pad an hour. Yesterday I had to skip our after school meeting and cancel tutoring because it was so heavy and I needed to go home. I am waiting until the OB office opens and asking what to do. I need to call the hematologist anyway because MFM wants their notes from my visits in addition to the bloodwork they already got. My platelets were low along with high ATT and low Factor VIII last time and I'm sure all have gotten worse considering what my body is doing now. I hope the hematologist gives me a prescription for Amicar or DDAVP to slow it down. I'm worried the Gyn is going to tell me to go back on BCP for a while. Had to take off work today. At the very least I'm betting I get bloodwork done today and maybe an ultrasound.

• @NYTino24- sorry you are going thru all that.  I hope you get some help soon from a doctor.
  • Sorry for what you're going through @NYTino24 FX your doctor can get this figured out soon.
  • Hope your doctors find a solution soon that doesn't put you on the bench @NYTino24 <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16