May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chat 2-4 & 2-5

2»

Re: Weekend Chat 2-4 & 2-5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs, this is your third, right? Will you have the older ones sharing a room? 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    Oh no just number 2! They will have separate rooms. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    livin541livin541 member
    edited February 2017
    @kns1988 we did a nursery for our first and it was largely wasted since he slept in our room in the bassinet, RnP, etc. for so long. We rarely even used it for changing dipes since we spend so much time in the living room!

We have since moved to a 3 bedroom house, and my son has his bedroom and a playroom. We have no intention of converting playroom to a nursery because I LOVE having a separate room where I can confine the toy mess. Maybe eventually, but for the first year this kiddo will not have a room. Plan is for him to sleep in our room for at least 6 months and his clothes are already in a dresser in big brother's room!
  • Options
    @kns1988 Your in the middle of moving, I wouldn't be stressed about setting up the nursery! I'm only pushing DH along to get it set up because he will be gone for 10 of the 15wks left of the pregnancy and then will be leaving again within a month of baby being born. If I didn't have him do it now, then I don't know when it would get done! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    My BF came to hang out with me while I did some H&M maternity shopping for our family maternity photo session next week and she didn't realize how far along I am (lives out of town). Then reading all of your comments and double checking my profile... I technically have 13 weeks + 2 days left. O_o 

The first time around, we had furniture set up in the "nursery" and the crib set up in our room and that was about it. We had so many unopened Amazon boxes after using our completion discount just waiting for when I took off of work. I didn't take the alotted 4 weeks off prior as I wanted to save as much time as I could for after baby was here. I figured I was going past my EDD by at least a week so I'd have at least that time to "set up" the rest. Nope- went into labor the morning of my last day of work. But as many other pp have stated, we were either in our room, the loft/playroom or downstairs in the family room that not having the traditional nursery already done didn't make a difference. 

This round, the lot for our new home will be released at the end of the month and building won't be complete for another 5 months... so even though I'm itching to set up a room for big baby and little baby, it's just gonna have to wait AGAIN. 

Hope everyone continues to get well and have a good weekend!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @kns1988 I didn't have a nursery for DD as a FTM because we moved to be with family while DH was deployed. With this kiddo I'm in Va and my husband is in the process of moving and we don't have a house yet so we won't be setting a nursery up until late this summer/early fall. It's Nbd because kiddo will sleep in the room with me until a year most likely.
  • Options
    I like the weekend chat thread :). I rarely have time to catch up/participate in the randoms thread during the week.

@kns1988 Glad you're feeling better! I'm delaying the "nursery" (aka the baby zone in our 1br apartment) until at least the middle of next month. I'm guessing a month or so ahead is long enough to let our cat get used to the new setup and for the crib and mattress to air out? However, clearing out a bunch of crap so we have room for baby stuff is another story... I need to get to that this month. 

• Options
    I went through stuff we already got for baby boy and pulled out the neutral stuff from DD's boxes. I'm glad I did because over 50% of it is 3-6 month!

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    MrsFox2008MrsFox2008 member
    edited February 2017
    DH and I plan to start the "nursery area" in our room at the end of this month! We figured no need to start so early since this LO will be sharing a room with us like DD did and there's not a whole lot to do just add the crib and add a little decor  :)

ETA: loving the weekend chat idea, so much easier to keep up!! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    I will also have a nursery area. I kind of started it last month, but didn't get very far and haven't worked on it yet. There really isn't much to do, but I probably won't have it done until May. I really hate cleaning...
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 You have some keeper friends. That sounds like an awesome day.
  • Options
    onebadmothaonebadmotha member
    edited February 2017
    Full disclosure: I haven't read anything on this thread yet (I will go back and get caught up, I promise!), I just figured the people following this thread would be the most likely to see this- if you use the code TOUCHDOWN on BabyGap.com during the Superbowl, your WHOLE PURCHASE is 40% off. So that's what I'm doing right now. 

ETA: It's not just Baby Gap- it's also regular Gap, including maternity! I love the Superbowl. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @cclaineDC Not sure what you mean by airing out the mattress. But I think you are supposed to change mattresses between kids. Maybe that's not a thing. I thought I read it somewhere. Anyway, my mattress from DD is not firm enough for the new kid. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    So im late to the game... I never really looked into do vs dont eat with dd except the ibvious but this time im overly woried about everything. I look ed at the label for my mozzarella sticks and potato skins.... They both say they have cultured milk or cheeses but dont say pasteurized... Can i eat them???
  • Options
    starphish18starphish18 member
    edited February 2017
    @Jkp7749 My assumption is those would be fine. I'd be really surprised if ready-made food like that had unpasteurized milk or cheese in it. Does it specify the type of cheese? Does it say "grade A" cultured milk? That would mean it's been pasteurized.
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot That's good to know about changing mattresses between kids. I was talking about off-gassing from a new mattress. Sometimes new mattresses, especially ones that contain foam, smell like chemicals. I've never bought a crib mattress before. I'm guessing it's like buying any other mattress, but perhaps the smell won't be an issue at all. 
  • Options
    CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited February 2017
    @RainyDays86 that sounds like such an awesome day. You have a pretty great friend :smile:

ETA: removed overuse of the word 'awesome'
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I totally blame the groundhog. I have my obgyn appointment at 8 tomorrow and we're supposed to have 6-8 inches of snow between now and then. Bus reroutes and the whole shebang. And this is not Montana, this is Pacific Northwest. Get your act together, Seattle!

@RainyDays86 glad you had a great day with your friends!

@chailife34 this sounds like fun! Hope you don't end up having a baby right there lol
  • Options
    I just had a stupid nightmare that my dad passed away. I hate pregnancy dreams. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    I totally blame the groundhog. I have my obgyn appointment at 8 tomorrow and we're supposed to have 6-8 inches of snow between now and then. Bus reroutes and the whole shebang. And this is not Montana, this is Pacific Northwest. Get your act together, Seattle!
    The snow is ridiculous here!!! All our area schools ended up closing today, so glad I don't have an appointment today as I'm fully taking advantage of the snow day! The roads are awful, be safe!!! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    The snow is ridiculous here!!! All our area schools ended up closing today, so glad I don't have an appointment today as I'm fully taking advantage of the snow day! The roads are awful, be safe!!! 
    My family is in Portland and the snow has been ridiculous!  I am sure the kids (and teachers) are loving all the snow days, but everyone else is getting pretty sick of it as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    My family is in Portland and the snow has been ridiculous!  I am sure the kids (and teachers) are loving all the snow days, but everyone else is getting pretty sick of it as far as I can tell.
    Oh I'd gladly give back the snow day for some warm weather and sunshine! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    Well I hate to brag, but it's sunny and 64 here :) I wish it would stay that way... I'm WAY too ready for spring/summer
  • Options
    I do not miss northern winters! I feel for everyone!  I'm in central Florida so I think most of our cold snaps are over (hopefully!! I assume we could have another day or two in the 60s... it still gets chilly at night) However, we should be mid 70s here on out until it starts really heating up again.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @hp_momma @RainyDays86 i got to ride a bus with chains on the wheels for the first time! Wheee. Lol. It actually wasn't too bad, i was only 2 minutes late to my appointment, and the snow is soft and fluffy and fresh. I kind of miss that kind of snow a little bit after Moscow. I did however take an uber from the clinic to the bus to go home because i couldn't face the super slippery hills. Probably WFH tomorrow, it's supposed to snow some more and probably freeze.

Did my glucola drink, was disgusting but didn't last fortunately. Fingers crossed i don't have GD. :)
  • Options
    Much like other posters have said...I've skimmed through this whole thread! Our internet sucks and the app was being weird so I didn't know if anyone actually posted anything! 

So, for those that have been sick, I hope you are feeling better :) 

I'm jealous of those of you who have been putting your nursery together and getting organized! We have most of the furniture and I want to put it together so badly, but we are moving in the next month so no point. 

I had a pretty crappy weekend between internet issues, realtor/house issues, and acid reflux that enhanced the GERD I already have an hiatal hernia I'm done. The pain from my stomach episode (what I call them) was so different than normal and I think it is because everything has moved up to make room for baby. So instead of having pain low in my abdomen it was high on my right side rib cage/back area. I was miserable and had all of the other symptoms that I get (hot/cold flashes, nauseous, weak, and shaky). Just not fun, I ended up taking yesterday off because I pretty much didn't sleep Sunday night. I thinking it was a combination of food and stress from the house stuff...ugh...hoping the week gets better! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin