May 2017 Moms

Weekend Chat 2-4 & 2-5

so I know it was mentioned to try a Weekend chat thread since the weekends are sometimes slower, and if you can't keep up through the week the randoms thread gets overwhelming.

So I figured I'd start one and give it a shot. We can see how it goes. If everyone likes it we can keep doing them, if not we don't have to! 

Here you can chat about anything and everything baby related as well as possible baby check lists you complete over the weekend! 
April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Chat 2-4 & 2-5

• Loading the player...
  • We had swim lessons this morning and I'm pretty sure the rest of the weekend calls for hunkering down inside as we're getting freezing rain. We are still debating going to one of DHs coworkers for the super bowl tomorrow. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • My Once Upon A Child is super organized @hp_momma it has the clothes organized by sex and size. It's still a ton to go through, but not frustrating like other resale shops.
  • @hp_momma I agree I hate shopping like that too.  TJ Maxx ans Ross make my eye twitch! I will say once upon a child is very organized. The clothes are still sometimes overwhelming. But the bigger items are super organized and normally set up so you can actually see how used/new it is. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I posted in Randoms, but it looks like this is the place to be on the weekends.

Do any of you have this lovely pregnancy "glow" rash going on? I've had a mild version for a long time, but this is worse. I'm trying to decide if it's worth a call to the OB? 

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @KMD1106 I've never encountered that during pregnancy, but I tend to get mild food allergy to over ripe fruits and have broken out in a facial rash like that before. I use aveeno oatmeal milk bath to soothe it, and it really does wonders for clearing it up.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @KMD1106 Sorry, I'm not much help. I suppose a call never hurts, even if all they can tell you is "sorry, there's nothing you can do". At least then you'd know.
  • I don't have much going on right now except that my mom is over today and it's driving me nuts for absolutely no reason. Also, I feel like I might be getting sick. I'm really just in a lousy mood. I want to go baby shopping to cheer myself up.
  • @starphish18 I hate that! I am BFFs with my mom but sometimes she just makes me crazy!! Try to get some good R&R today :) 
    @KMD1106 no advice but I did have some red bumps on my cheekbone for all of first tri. Good soothing lotion might help? 
  • We went to BRU today to trade in a small swing for a discount on our crib. It EASILY took 45 minutes to check out (not waiting in line - actively being helped) and we went through 3 sales associates. I'm not sure what the problem was since they have these trade-in events frequently. BE WARNED to block out some time if you are planning to take advantage of it. 
  • @KMD1106 I think I have the "glow" as well. I've been trying to figure out what it is because I haven't changed anything recently like face wash. It looks very similar to yours, maybe not quiet so red. I have it on both cheeks too.  
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • @KMD1106 I have a similiar rash going on my chest area but I assumed it was from skin stretching. It's super itchy. I'd say a call to the doctor wouldn't hurt! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • have been completely away for a few days, had friends visiting! it was nice but always love having the apartment back to ourselves. 
    really like the idea of a weekend thread!

@emilyalso we got our crib mattress from BRU last week and it took more than 30 minutes for them to bring it to the front!

@starphish18 can definitely relate to just being annoyed by mom for no real reason. my mom calls me everyday (usually more than once) to tell me what else she has bought for this baby and I appreciate it all loads but the constant phone calls drive me nuts! you should go baby shopping!

@Jen_Shoes congrats on doing your registry in one go, that's ultra impressive! I've been tweaking mine since 12 weeks haha. 

• I've been working on cleaning out the nursery of all the non baby crap that's in there.  DH is going to tackle the closet tonight since I feel like I am minorly nesting, between school work and the twins, I feel like I am never going to get baby stuff done.  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks ladies! I'm going to try oatmeal lotion and the oatmeal bath like @mcvgal suggested. 

@MrsFreeman2010, I have been outside in cold wind a bit more than normal this weekend, so that could be adding to my redness. I'll let you and @hp_momma know how the oatmeal stuff works. Another friend suggested rose water. I hadn't heard of that. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I woke up sick today and still feel miserable. DH's health has completely deteriorated throughout the day, too, and he has a fever of 101. Current status: watching Planet Earth next to a just-in-case bucket.  

Luckily, I don't have a fever. DH's body always seems to react like that and mine doesn't. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited February 2017
    @kns1988 Oof, I hope you both feel better quickly. I'm pretty sure what I assumed was a cold earlier is actually allergies. I really don't feel like ending up with a cold and completely sympathize with any of you ladies who go through one while pregnant. Don't we have enough to deal with?!

Also, I didn't say this before, but I like the weekend thread idea.
  • MH took DD all morning after I made pancakes and my mom and I had a blissful day of running errands without a toddler in tow. 
  • I went to go look at a car I was planning on buying on Monday and realized the car seats I have don't work with it. What the hell? Back to square one.... 

May '17 labor memes
  • @WombThereItIs Ohh no, that sucks. Was it just a sizing issue?
  • Kind of @starphish18 the way the back seat was designed my seat (Diono Radian) has these two forked bits you have to wedge in where the seat bottom and back meet (for RF) which is normally easy but on this car there was a funny bump and that point was actually 2 inches above the bottom of the seat which cranked the car seat back at a crazy low angle. I was reasonably sure I could install it that way but I had to push the front seat basically up to the dashboard which obviously isn't a good solution. 

May '17 labor memes
  • DS and I spent the day and evening catching up with friends while DH is out of town for military training.  It really has been a lovely day until about 20 mins ago when I started puking my guts up.  To make matters worse, every time I hurled I peed on myself a little.  
  • The just-in-case bucket turned into a needed bucket. Full on stomach flu. It sucks because I want DH to take care of me, but he's super sick, too. I was the one that went out and got us soup for dinner. We're in separate rooms tonight so that we don't make each other more sick :( Honestly, how do people take care of kids when they have the stomach flu? I think I'd be calling in favors to our parents to take them off our hands. I'm having a hard enough time taking care of the dog, who just sleeps all day. 

• Sorry to be "that person", but anyone want to explain how Facebook Marketplace works? I joined a buy/sell/trade local group, but y'all keep talking about the Marketplace. I'm lost. :)
  • @clebl24, I'm sorry you're sick, too! I just posted before I saw your's. Again, I don't know how you can manage being sick and taking care of a kid. Moms are awesome. 

• @jayandaplus I don't know how to get there on a normal browser. But, if you into the app (on your phone or whatnot), there's a little icon along the top that looks like a market stall. If you go into that, you can search for items within a radius of where you are. Or post items to sell.
  • I'm on day two of a migraine with little to no relief. I've missed two days of work. I might go in to triage tomorrow for some good drugs to get rid of it. I'm miserable and over it. 

We've basically done nothing for baby's arrival. We have 90 days until our csection. We did build a toddler bed for my 2 year old, and moved the crib into our room. Hopefully finally finding out what baby is at my appointment this next week. If we don't, we're buying everything gender neutral 
  • @WombThereItIs Ughh car shopping is painful enough, now add in car seats. Seriously car companies need to start being a little more "car seat friendly"! 

@clebl24 & @kns1988 Get well soon! Stomach virus' are no fun, especially pregnant. Gatorade/pedialyte or anything to help keep you guys hydrated! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @kns1988 to be fair, when I'm sick I call in favours from everyone I know to take DS so he doesn't get sick and I can be sick without worrying about him
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @kns1988 I also do the same. If fiancé is not sick then obviously he can keep DD and if I'm not sick and he is I take care of DD. If we are both sick, my parents are normally the next we call. 

BabyFruit Ticker