Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 2/3

Re: WTO Friday 2/3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BertieMeetsGertie someone (@jess0211I believe) asked what vitamins we recommend for DH.  I found that chart, plus the dosages really helpful!  Mine takes C, E, Zinc, Selenium, CoQ10, Maca, + multi, as well as Flax and Omegas 3-6-9.  But I had to increase the vitamin E dosage based on the information on that chart, which I found interesting, and he does not take the carnitine/ acetyl carnitine I believe is also listed there.
  • Options
    I already feel so behind today! 

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: OPKs. CM. RRLT. PNV. 

R/R: solid smiley yesterday! DH's flight landed at 11pm so didn't get home until after midnight but I told him he better wake me up to HIO. We keep missing -1 timing so I was determined to get it. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you think leggings are pants/can be worn in public as pants?
    yes! Like everyone else said though if they are black, quality material, and you have something covering at least 90% of your bum. 

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    @cactusblossum - Haha it's because I'm a technical writer. I have to be thorough! I thought about adding entering the stall and pulling up/down your pants, but I thought that might be a bit much ;)
  • Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited February 2017
    @adirat I've never heard that before about the cups. Very interesting and good to know. 

@lulu1180 I had to look up spelunking but that sounds like so much fun! Wish i lived somewhere I could do naturey things like that. 

@BusinessWife Thanks for posting that chart! I was wondering the same thing as @jess0211 but I try to keep my newb questions to a minimum lol

@Dilynne Good luck at your interview! Hope you kick butt so you can be petty like I would be and rub it in your families face lol! I mean and also get a new job you want. 

@LuND I was hoping to get in to see the Doctor in March but April is still ok. That will also give me almost 3 cycles off BC to get an idea for how my body is responding and ask any questions I may have right before TTC. Like you mentioned, I am a little worried though about not liking this doctor and then having to find someone else! I also hope this isn't an indication of how difficult it will be to get in once I am KU? Like isn't there specific timeframes you are supposed to get in and see the doctor after a BFP? 

@cactusblossum  That's how the family practice I used to go to was set up. I always saw the NP. This OB clinic I am trying to get into is a smaller private practice though and from what it looks like there are only 4 MDs that work there and that's it. 

• Options
    Oh and now I have to go back to work for the rest of the day... booooooooo

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 Spelunking is my term for HIO lol. It came from DH coining the term lady cave and then I referred to BD as spelunking in the lady cave lol

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    lulu1180 said:
    @JJMNO1616 Spelunking is my term for HIO lol. It came from DH coining the term lady cave and then I referred to BD as spelunking in the lady cave lol
    LOL  :D  I just thought you were out exploring real caves everyday Haha!

@adirat So happy to hear the good news!!! 

• Options
    @adirat Yay for clear tubes!!!!  I'm so happy everything came back good and that it was so painful for you but it's so nice to be able to move forward with a plan in place!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: nothing new since yesterday! My partner's back in town so we can practice doing it for the upcoming FW.

R/R: Just filed my taxes as married for the first time with a WHOPPIN' refund. :D

Chiming in to say that I also love the diva cup, though I'm getting sick of using it on a heavy flow day at work. I'm going to try Lola tampons to that end (available online/ are 100% cotton with no dyes or chemicals) next cycle. Thumbs down for toxins and bleach in vaginas.

CS/Q:  Day 4 of my new 5 AM temp check. Groggy.

GTKY: Do you think leggings are pants/can be worn in public as pants? I don't do it, though I'm ditching my skinny jeans lately and wearing wide leg or trouser-cut pants. If I get knocked up, though, I have a feeling I will embrace the maternity legging.

Don't really care what other people choose to wear.
  • Options
    @lund he has had two episodes where he suddenly gets pale and his fingers and lips turn purplish blue, but he's breathing fine and acting ok, then it goes away.  Dr, is not sure what's going on but at least his pneumonia is resolved.

@adirat HOORAY for clear tubes. I'm sorry it was so painful but at least it is over and your ready for medicated march!!
    @sailing_mama glad that long wonky cycle is over! sorry about AF being a B though

@haylsbayls I admire the dedication to getting -1!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wabash15 oh wow! How scary! FX that the doctor can figure it out. 

@adirat YAY CLEAR TUBES!!! 
  • Options
    @adirat great news!!! So exciting!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

I am thinking of doing a Medicated March thread for all of us when the time comes. Would others be interested? 

@wabash15 How scary! Poor kid. <3

• Options
    @BertieMeetsGertie what's a party without holy water!?  LOL I really should be more clear when I post...  :D
  • Options
    @adirat: Yay for clear tubes! FX on the medicated cycles and moving forward with a plan.
  • Options
    @adirat wonderful news!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lulu1180 I think you get a pass on that because you didn't buy them yourself :smile:
  • Options
    @slaven, I get it. This ivf path is not for everyone. However you become a Mom, I think you'll be a great one!
  • Options
    @adirat glad things went well!  Sucks that it was so painful. FX that Medicated March is your month!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BertieMeetsGertie dear god make this. It's always a hit. From Chrissy Teigens cookbook:
    Roasted Jalapeño and Chorizo Queso Dip
    Mill bet the recipe is on Pinterest somewhere, but I can type it for you if you're interested. It's super easy 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 7/6

CD: CD6

WAYDTGKU: Sex, sex, sex. Counting days when I'm ovulating. I'm going to start OPK's this month, so we'll see how that goes. 

R/R: Rant is that I'm completely overwhelmed by this dumb bathroom remodel that is, of course, taking double the time they said it would, which is what always happens, so I don't know why I'm annoyed. 

Rave: it's gonna look so dope when it's finished :)

CS/Q:

Abso-effing-lutely. I don't normally do it myself, but I am wholeheartedly on board. 
  • Options
    @adirat sorry the procedure was painful but glad you have clear tubes!! FX so hard for you and your medicated March!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    @slaven - The connection between menstrual cups and yeast infections is still unclear. Some women claim that they cause yeast infections, but it's unproven. It's recommended that you don't use cups when you have an infection as it can degrade or attach to the cup and prevent healing or cause discomfort. If you find you have an infection while using the cup, you can attempt to boil the cup to clean, but your best bet is disposing it for a new cup. I'm not sure whether it will help you keep infections at bay. But logic says that clean silicone is less toxic than tampons and when used properly should not contribute to creating a yeast infection.
  • Options
    @slaven @LoveInDC  the reason I was thinking of switching to a cup is because I have read tampons can cause BV and yeast infections which I am prone to. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 @LoveInDC I guess I'll just have to do some research. I get frequent yeast infections and occasionally BV with it. I've never really looked into the cause but all my Dr. told me was that some women just get lots of yeast infections. I've heard of the Candida diet which I may look into. I think that lowers Candida, or maybe it increases it lol I have no clue yet. Off to Google land. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven has your doctor ever mentioned boric acid suppositories? They work really well for persistent infections. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 No but maybe I'll mention it if I get an infection again. I think I'm going to go the ACV and probiotics route first. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven good luck! I started using probiotics in December after my last bad infection and so far no reoccurence! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @slaven - I second @jess0211 in suggesting probiotics if you aren't on them already. If you suspect that tampons could be contributing, cups can remove that concern. As always, do your research and talk to your doctor to make sure anything you try is safe. Good luck!
  • Options
    Fun fact: I once knew someone who's mom was named candida.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Fun fact: I once knew someone who's mom was named candida.
     :D  :D

I once had had a customer whose name was Jean Leg.  B)
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 29

WAYDTGKU: temping, PNV, CM

R/R: Rant: Y'all. The rage I felt earlier today was not normal. Long story short, for about a week my supervisor has been really bad about answering my emails/IMs. She will either take a long time to answer me or not answer me at all. People get busy, I get it. But what I needed takes seconds to answer. OR seconds to tell me to have one of the other supervisors to handle my request. Like, I'm not trying to be annoying but I have training next week and if I don't get the support I need, the poor soul I'm supposed to be training isn't going to get the instruction he needs and is going to be clueless when taking his calls. I wasn't just annoyed. I. Was. Angry. Rave: One more month until my H heath insurance kicks in and we start saving some money.

CS/Q: I was expecting my period today. When I was on the BCP it showed up like clock work. I don't know if I have a cycle that's normally longer than 28 days (I didn't track my cycles for most of my adult life because I was a virgin until I was 23 and then I got on BC) or my body is just being weird because it's the first cycle off of BCP.

Live and let live I say. Even if I don't like the way something looks on someone doesn't mean they shouldn't wear it. People dress for themselves. Personally, I will wear leggings as pants as long as I have a long enough top. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker