March 2017 Moms

GTKY: What Makes You Weird???

Just for fun! What makes you different, unique and the talk of the party? Do you have a strange talent, extra finger or strange claim to fame?? 

Re: GTKY: What Makes You Weird???

• Loading the player...
  • @Gators&BoSox I too am left handed, my whole family is right handed and DH is ambidextrous.  We'll see how the baby turns out.
  • @jazzyma14 I've never seen any of them!
  • @jazzyma14 you are not alone!!
  • these are all awesome!
  • @jenny0228 Yassss thats so cool! Oyster farming sounds really interesting and I love that you bring girl power to the field! 

@npaulie what exactly is a dragon boating team and does the boat look like a dragon?? Im a teeeeeeny bit obsessed with dragons :smiley: Im so jealous of your life- I grew up in Houston but my mom raised us with European literature and film and customs, and have always always wanted to travel there. Plus living in Ireland?! Dream!!!!
  • @silverbulletband dragon boating is similar in appearance to rowing but you have a shorter paddle and the position is different. There are also normally 16-18 people paddling on the boat the boat looks like a long skinny canoe, and they literally just attach a dragon head to the front. Haha

@canadianinthesouth luckily our child will be born a dual citizen, so I'm just going to get a passport with whichever country can get it to me quickest. The embassy here by passes the normal channels you use when in the US, so I think we can get a passport in 1-2 weeks for LO. Planning to fly home to the US when he's 2months so my family can meet him :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also I do love the classic musicals 
  • @npaulie the part that took the longest was getting the birth certificate, I had mail in request forms and get it mailed back to me before applying for the passport (although I do think there was a rush option). Nice that you can get the actual passport so quickly! 2 months should be plenty of time for you :smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RunBooRun said:
    @dubcompanion Your #4 describes me exactly.

I don't know if there's anything super unique about me. I'm mostly just a socially awkward, somewhat nerdy runner who likes to sing. DH laughs because I get really excited about food. I do the "happy food dance" when I eat something yummy. It's completely subconscious because I don't realize I'm doing it until someone points it out. 
    I totally wiggle in my seat without realizing it when I enjoy my food, my husband pointed it out to me
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @npaulie I totally do this too! While we're driving I'll find myself saying street names out loud for no apparent reason
  • @npaulie so funny - I was saying to DH a few years ago after we took a road trip with my mom in car, how she does exactly that, and how she's done it all my life. She'll just say the name of a street, or a restaurant name. He pointed out that I do it too - and now I realize that I DO! ha! I wonder if LO will inherit it as the third generation, haha!