April 2017 Moms
Options

Super Bowl 51 Fun

Anyone excited, could care less or has no idea what all the pageantry is about? Who is your pick? Anyone going to Houston or the game? Favorite recipes to make? Team pride rituals? Anyone just keeping their heads down until all the "sportsing" is over and we can all quit loosing our minds over a regulated 1 hour event?

I was born and raised in Georgia so, the Falcons are my pick. My parents/family are transplants from MA so, this makes us a divided family. My favorite game watching nom-noms are homemade hummus, dill pickle chips and chocolate cupcakes. I would be all over some craft beer if the tiny human in my uterus was able to process alcohol like the champ I am.

Re: Super Bowl 51 Fun

• Options
    I'm rooting for the Pats. I **would** be rooting for the Packers, but we don't really need to discuss what happened there, do we? I love Super Bowl food. All the unhealthy yumminess. I love buffalo wings, buffalo chicken dip, any kind of dip really, jalapeno poppers, meatballs, etc. I'm not sure if we have any plans for this Sunday, but if not, then I'm making DH run out to the store to buy me at least SOME of what I listed above. 

Also, one of the best things about football season ending is that we are that much closer to baseball (who doesn't like baseball?!?!) and therefore closer to our babies being here! 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    I could not care less. And I don't like (major league) baseball. But I am excited for my baby to be here. DH and I are driving home from Maine just before the game. We have no plans. Maybe I'll make 7 layer dip. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaha. My brothers played football and it made me bored of it REAL quick. And having three brothers meant I never got the tv remote and it was either football or basketball and nothing I wanted to watch. So I really couldn't care less and I don't even know who's left in the running. I will say I've always loved baseball and I really loved it two years ago when the Royals won the World Series. Haha. Fair weather fan, no shame. DH might watch it. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who just had to google who was playing in the Super Bowl? lol. I actually didn't even realize it was this weekend. I am not into football whatsoever, or any sports really. Although I really enjoy going to baseball games - but that's more of an atmosphere/nostalgia thing for me. My dad used to take me and my brother to Mets games all the time on the weekend and we always had so much fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     I live in Mass but I almost want the Pats to lose so I don't have to hear about it til next season.. but in reality I don't care much who wins. I love super bowl food though and usually would make stuffed bread, wings, buffalo dip, taco dip pepperoni cheese and crackers etc.  But I'm working this year so I'll be sitting around watching the door at work while no one comes in.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Options
    I don't even know who is playing nor do I care haha.  I only watch football when it's FSU playing, my alma mater. I seriously can't stand watching baseball, on TV or in person.  I enjoy basketball in person, but haven't been to a game in years. I've enjoyed super bowl parties in the past with good food, drinks, and the women chatting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm super excited about the super bowl this year!  The falcons have been my husbands team since birth so naturally I'm hoping they win!  It'll be fun,  I'll probably cook some wings or do nachos and sausage dip that I shouldn't eat but will anyway.  
  • Options
    I live in Houston and will avoid that area. With the super bowl, I'm only there for mooching all the snacks and to hang out, and won't be able to recap much of the game since I'm always talking to people and not watching it. DH always makes Buffalo chicken dip as an appetizer. For peace in our marriage I'll be rooting against the Patriots this year lol.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love having the sound of the game on in the background but don't actually enjoy watching it. Sometimes the new commercials are fun to see. 
    We'll be having our family party for my daughters 2nd Birthday the day of the game this year. 
  • Options
    I love the Super Bowl! Although realistically I don't end up watching the game much because I'm chatting with people.  Going to a friend's house to watch the game and I am making southwestern egg rolls: https://www.cakeandallie.com/2011/02/southwestern-egg-rolls-with-avocado-ranch/ They're a pain to make but man they're good and they're not the worst thing ever for you since they're baked and not fried.

Big Cowboys fan, so this year is a little bittersweet, but I think I'd like to see the Falcons win because I'm tired of hearing about the Patriots (and I want more snarky comments from Giselle, ha!) We will see if I make it though the whole thing without falling asleep this year though...

Anyone have a favorite halftime show from the past? Mine (from the ones I can remember, so the last few years) has to be Bruno Mars... love his music and I think he's amazingly talented. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @McFarKane when was your little one's birthday? My youngest turned 2 on January 27 and we were going to have the party the morning of the super bowl (ended up swapping that idea for a fun family outing however bc we just moved in and my extended family is enormous and the party would have been giant). Have fun! I also like having the game going in the background, all the yummy finger food (I'll take all the dips, meatballs, and the cheese and veggie trays), and will watch for commercials and the halftime show. My husband hates the patriots so I guess we are falcon fans on Sunday.
  • Options
    Yesssss!!!  Go Atlanta!!! 

I hate the Patriots. I hate Tom Brady. I hate Gisele Bundchen.  
  • Options
    I'm also in Mass @catem07 & @HappyAnjel ... So just waiting for the season to be over. It's DH's Birthday on Sunday and he's a Vikings fan so we'll probably be ignoring the superbowl all together. 

• Options
    @Dannylion24 happy birthday to your little one! Her birthday is actually on the 7th of this month. Trying to find a date/time for her party was a struggle - I didn't realize at the time or her birth that it was right between the super bowl and Valentine's Day and evidently that makes for tons of scheduling conflicts with everyone. Hope your family outing goes/went well!
  • Options
    Atlanta girl right here (not obvious by my avatar) and obviously cheering for the Falcons. DH's work is having a big party at the office to watch the game and friends are having parties, but honestly.... I might not stay awake the whole time so we'll probably stay home :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Dannylion24 Yay, for J15 Babies! My daughter was 2 on the 14th! 

@schef070911 Thank you for posting that recipe. I'm totally going to make that this weekend! I also LOVED the Bruno Mars SBHS. He had the best energy. I'm really on the fence about Lady Gaga this year. She will have some great cameos performers for sure. 

• Options
    I am a Steelers fan, so I cannot cheer for the Patriots.  

I probably won't make it to the end of the game, but am hoping for a few entertaining commercials.  In reality I will probably be trying to keep DS from eating a ton of junk right before bed and explaining to him why we are watching football instead of PJ Masks.
  • Options
    @jennielynn+ Yay! I hope you love them!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Masshole right here.  I hope the Pats win :) We were going to a friend's house with our son to hang out with that couple and their daughter, then bringing him to my parents at half time, then going back.  Now it seems like a bunch of people are going so I don't know what our plan is.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers