December 2016 Moms

Re: February Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited February 2017
    @yellingbanana So much stuff going on with you... but all good things! Congrats on the house!!

I went back to work on Monday (not February, I know)... and I already hate it. I started in the position I am in back at the end of August and was still learning since it was a WHOLE new department than I had worked before. I know nothing, and feel so overwhelmed. I basically had to jump right back in with what's going on in my department and at the same time, adjust back to working life. I just want to spend my day with Wyatt instead.

In other news, my birthday is next week and I will be closer to 40 than 30 now. Woof. DH's birthday is this Saturday and I still haven't gotten him anything besides a card - no time while I was out to thoroughly look. He doesn't care about gifts but I'll figure something out - even if it's WAY belated.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I miss being pregnant suddenly and I HATED being pregnant. Normal? I'm afraid to tell my husband he will think I'm nuts
  • @LandJ13 I miss it because even at its worst it was so much easier to manage. 
  • @landJ13 @KattyC I hear ya both! My sister is getting married at the end of next month and the BM dress I have doesn't zips up right now. I ordered it when I was 20-some weeks PG and figured I'd be OK with the size that zipped up in the store at that time (granted they stretch out). I guess I should have ordered bigger! But, at this point... I wish I was still PG cos there would be a reason why the dress would look the way it does. Even with my workouts and eating mindfully, I haven't lost a thing... so here is hoping something changes by March when alterations starts. :(

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• KattyC said:
    @LandJ13 I miss it because even at its worst it was so much easier to manage. 
    This, yes! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Are people mainly gravitating toward the fbook group lately? I feel like I don't see lots of the regs interacting as much and I feel like I'm missing something! 
  • @Christinaruth74 yep, the FB group is much more active than here lately.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• I sent a message but wasn't invited to the FB group....
  • I'm still here! My random thoughts for the day: 

* life is much easier since i quit trying to breastfeed
    * i still dislike pumping but i will keep doing it for a while 
    * im having a somewhat difficult time adjusting to the mundane aspects of motherhood... i feel like im always feeding, changing, soothing, playing, feeding, burping, soothing, changing, walking, rocking... 
    * i got an email about a job today! now I just need to figure out daycare... wonder how bad the waitlists are. It's a work from home job but I don't know if I can do it with the constant efforts above. 

• My old dog stinks. Her breath has gotten bad in the past few weeks, she's farting worse than usual  (didn't know that was possible!), and her body just smells even after a bath. And she got clingy last week. Wonder if something is up.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @ea301 congrats on the job!!
    im with you on the difficult time adjusting. I miss being able to accomplish something with my day. I'm either feeding the kid or she's sleeping on me. Just set her down they say....if only it were that easy!
  • @kattyc thanks! Its just an interview at this point but its so much more promising than anything else in months! I hear you too... shes sleeping on me right now after a bath. I love the cuddles but wish I could cast some sort of spell on my bedroom to get it to clean itself...

• I'm still here, too. My random, my godbrother is coming down to visit at the end of the month! I'm super excited, I haven't seen him since our wedding 4 years ago. This will be his first time meeting not only our LO (his godson), but our pup too. I can't wait!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited February 2017
    LandJ13 said:
    I sent a message but wasn't invited to the FB group....
    Try again, you are a regular. Make sure to give @DiFazette the email that is linked to your Facebook. Then you'll have to check that email address for the invite. Mine is linked to my old junk email address and I had to sift through a lot of them to find it. 

• yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited February 2017
    wahhhhh
    Sorry :( I still like coming on here because it's only baby related. But I go on the FB group everyday. But then I see all the things I'm trying to avoid thinking about... like the depressing news. 
    You can create a new FB account and just join the group and not go searching for family/friends? 

• James is constantly doing this during his RNP naps. I spend my day moving his head every 5 minutes to make sure I see a nostril. Can I assume because he puts himself in this position he is ok or should I continue my constant watch?
  • @LandJ13 :o wow, that's gotta be stressful for you. I'd take the cushion out, or just have him sleep in his crib/bassinet.

• Anyone else get a penguin wubba nub because it reminds you of the D16 signature graphics? Just me? :)