July 2016 Moms
Options

February Randoms!

Re: February Randoms!

• Options
    Just received our new convertible car seat in the mail yesterday and I'm reading through the manual. It says if rear facing it needs to be all the way reclined, making sure the level line is parallel to the ground. "Failure to properly recline the child restraint could increase the child's risk of serious injury or death."  Obviously, check your own manual because every car seat is different, but all 3 of ours need to be fully reclined when rear facing. The different less recline options are for forwarding facing for our car seats. 
  • Options
    @arhodes6 I have mine in a slightly reclines position. Mine says what settings are for forward vs rear facing. DS has fallen asleep and when his head droops, I constantly check too!

Any other ladies not gotten their period yet? I havent...but yet I still get PMS cravings. Wtf lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm no help on having a baby that hates the outdoors, M loves it. I'm sorry he's not enjoying it! 

No period yet here either. Although, I can tell when I should/would be cycling. Which is weird to me. 
  • Options
    I either got hit with mastitis again today or a really nasty plugged duct that gave me a fever. Ughhhhhhh. Whyyyyyy. I thought this crap was ancient history...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 same here. I get a little bit of cramping and other symptoms but no period. Definitely not complaining though lol
  • Options
    Thanks @holly142 and @DachshundMomma! I am going to put it in the all the way reclined position today just for peace of mind. 

No period here yet either and I have been done nursing for over a month. I think my body is broken 
  • Options
    @arhodes6 does yours have a little bubble indicator on the side? I just made sure mine was within the range. DS likes to sit up so it isn't all the way reclined but I think it's on the next setting. I have the graco4ever
  • Options
    @arhodes6 our convertible is reclined as far as it will go, which isn't quite as far as the infant seat.

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who haven't gotten their period back. I've had mine since 5 months PP. 
  • Options
    Just curious, those breast feeding, how big is your freezer stash? I keep seeing pictures of deep freezers full and that's not normal right? I have 25-30 4oz feedings. 
  • Options
    Not that deep.  My freezer stash would probably last Elijah 4-5 days.  I don't think more is necessary unless I'm not thinking of something?
  • Options
    I'm the same. I have enough that if I'm not pumping quite enough, I can 'supplement' with it. Or if I start to feel sore, I can take a day off. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 I have about what you do. From what I understand people that have those huge stashes have major over supplies. Like 10-12+ Ozs per pumping session over supply (some even pumping 4+ ozs after a feeding). At least that's what I have seen in the over supply group I joined (anything you make more than what baby takes in is oversupply. Even if it's only a few ozs here and there. That's how I am. I can pump 2-12+ ozs randomly without missed feedings or anything. So I don't pump super routinely). I don't think more is necessary either really... (plus L is not fond of any bottle)
  • Options
    I have zero in my stash....but I work from home so I only pump when a grandma takes him for more than a couple hours, and whatever I pump on those occasions gets used the next time he gets babysat. I've found it completely impossible to have more than two bags in the freezer ever. I don't know how you do that!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    holly142holly142 member
    edited February 2017
    I had 12 3-4 oz bags. However 2 bouts of the flu just reduced it to 3 bags
  • Options
    AshGee18AshGee18 member
    edited February 2017
    I have roughly 100oz in the freezer. I try not to dip into it unless necessary as she doesn't take a bottle anyway. I use it for her oat and rice cereal if im not able to pump the night before. If around 10 months I'm not using it ill donate. 
  • Options
    I have about between 50-100 oz. it's enough for a few days of missed pumping at work or a small emergency. I've used a few bags when AJ has needed more at daycare than I pumped, but honestly, it's starting to build again because he has gone down about 4 oz (from 12-14oz to 8-10oz at daycare now that he is eating two solids snacks). I don't think you need that much. Just a few days worth. Especially now that you can substitute a feeding with food if desperate. 
  • Options
    holly142holly142 member
    edited February 2017
    Bump cut my post and won't let me edit. 

I had 12 3-4 oz bags. However 2 bouts of the flu just reduced it to 3 bags. I was planning a weekend away with my sister but now I don't have enough milk to leave with DH. We are going to sleep train DD2 this weekend. If I start feeding her less at night, I should be able to pump 1 bag each morning, right?!? 
  • Options
    I have maybe 30-40 oz in the freezer. Instead of having solids at lunch, she eats them during the evening on the nights I work.
  • Options
    With bathing suit season quickly approaching. I am starting to get self conscious. Not about my mom pooch belly but of my deflated A and boulder hard C boobs lol. Geesh.
  • Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone in the lopsided boob department. I easily have 1-2 cup size difference as well. The ironic part, the smaller of the 2 is my lazy milk producer too. 
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    Glad to know I'm not alone in the lopsided boob department. I easily have 1-2 cup size difference as well. The ironic part, the smaller of the 2 is my lazy milk producer too. 
    My small side barely produces anything. Maybe once a week, and that's being generous, it'll fill up and I'll actually get something out of it. You're definitely not alone in being lopsided haha. 

DS and I start our swim classes next week. It'll be my first time in a bathing suit in a long while. I'm thinking I need something with more support. Or at least a cup rather than a triangle top.
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 hopefully they aren't full of poop lol
  • Options
     Feeling so bad for LO right now. I tried to give him some spaghetti with meatballs and zucchini fries and he just cried and cried and cried. I could tell he was hungry, but his mouth is really hurting him 
  • Options
    Well my best friend is 13 weeks pregnant. She hadn't told me because she didn't want to make me feel bad. Even though she knew another one of my friends is also pregnant and told us as soon as she figured it out.  I'm not upset that she's pregnant. I'm upset that she wouldn't just tell me. Being treated like I'm broken makes me feel broken. I get why she did it, but it just made me feel worse in the end. Sorry, just venting.  

I wish baby J would say more things. She's just into grunting and squealing. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 What does that even mean? I don't get people. 

STM what did you do for pjs in the summer? We're starting to stock up for her size 12 month stuff, but I have no idea what to do for the hot summer texas nights. 
  • Options
    DD1 really struggled with eczema so we always had to keep her skin covered so she wouldn't itch. We dressed her in cotton zip up pajamas. Hanna Anderson pjs don't cover the feet so are a little cooler. We ended up buying an AC unit for our bedroom. On really hot nights everyone sleeps in there. 

My friend had her daughter sleep in just her diaper. However often ended up with diaper off and poop and pee everywhere
  • Options
    kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited February 2017
    I was wondering about the jammies too!  Won't their little feet get cold with no footies? 

P.S. - I found super cute jammies on zulilly for $5!!!
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 C has the one with no feet right no and we just put on socks before we put on her pjs and that seems to work
  • Options
    For pajamas, depending on how cool the upstairs is with the AC on, I'll do just a onesie or the thin cotton footed pjs.