Infertility
Options

March FET Buddies

Re: March FET Buddies

• Options
    Hoping10 That's so amazing! That's a great stock of embryos!
  • Options
    dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited March 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DungeonTrollMel  @dragonette505  Thanks so much! FX!

Me: 31
    DH: 34
    Ttc since 11/15
    Unexplained infertility 

IUI #1: 11/16. Clomid and ovidrel BFN
    IUI #2: 12/16. Clomid and ovidrel BFN
    IUI #3: 1/17. Letrazole and ovidrel BFN

IVF: 2/25 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 embryos frozen, 7 embryos normal PGS/PGD results
    FET #1: 3/22 CP
    Hysteroscopy: 5/8 polyp removal 
    FET#2: 5/31 ??

• Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @Hoping10 I second that, wow 7/7 normal is something else. You are soooo lucky and really can now relax, you are definitely going to be a mom, and have several if you want to. Exciting! I only got 2 out of 8 so for me it's very high stakes and the end of the road

AFM, they scheduled my transfer but I'm worried it's almost 6 days away from O instead of 5 and I can't stop thinking it's because of their schedule without regard to diminished chances for me...Also, I got the most excruciating O pains ever in my life, could it be from letrozole?
  • Options
    ktc18ktc18 member
    I think the anticipation of the PIO shots is really the worst part. (my squeamish husband is not my preferred person to administer medications)
     I mean, my buns are pretty sore, but after awhile you just get used to it. 
  • Options
    @liljoy When will your transfer be? Maybe a 6ish day transfer might work out in your favor. From what I've read about the ERA test, some women actually have better luck with a day 6 transfer. But I'm sorry that you don't get a say in the matter :(

@ktc18 Yay! Great first beta! 

Hubby has had a cold so tonight while giving me the PIO shot, he's like "uh oh, I have to sneeze." I freaked out and was like "oh my god, no...hold it in!" He's like, "no I really have to sneeze." Me: "NO! Omg omg...for the love of God, hold it in!" Turns out, he was just kidding. So then of course I started cracking up which feels real great with a needle in your butt  :D
    Me: 31  DH: 32  Dx: Unexplained
    TTC #1 off and on since 2010
    11/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    12/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    1/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    2/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    4/16 - Follistim + IUI = BFN
    5/16 - 11/16 - Life / WTFing / Pity Party / Saving $
    1/17 - IVF #1 (Fresh Transfer / 6 frosties) = BFN
    3/17 - FET.... BFP! EDD 11/29
  • Options
    ktc18ktc18 member
    Congrats Lin&Say! 
  • Options
    @Lin&say That's really amazing! Congrats! 

Ttc since 11/15
    Unexplained infertility 

IVF: 2/25 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 embryos frozen, 7 embryos normal PGS/PGD results

• Options
    Congrats!!
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    Lin&say said:
    ***TW***

Holy crap! I can't believe I even get to write this. 6.5 years of trying and I just got my very first ever bfp. I have had this gut feeling that this cycle wasn't going to work, so to say I'm shocked is an understatement. 6dp5dt today. 
    Omg!!!! Congrats!
  • Options
    Lin&say Congrats. So many positive outcomes in this thread, I hope all of us get our BFP!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Really excited to see more BFPs on this board!
  • Options
    Hello ladies, after taking a short internet break (I was driving myself crazy with reading up too much...), I had my first ever FET yesterday (Sunday) morning. 
    Is anyone on a similar time line as me? 
    Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
    IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
    May 16: Stillbirth angel
    IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN 
    Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy 
    IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN 
    Feb'17: first round of IVF
    March 17: 1st FET
  • Options
    @lin&say OMG!!!That's so so exciting!!! Congratulations
    Me 28, DH 30
    unexplained infertility
    7/2013 EP methotrexate
    1/2015 mc at 6 weeks
    7/2016 mc at 7 weeks
    1/2017 IVF #1 - fresh transfer 1 embryo, BFN
    3/2017 FET 

• Options
    @Nikkilegare Thank you!! I've been thinking about you and have all my fingers and toes crossed that you get your bfp this cycle! 
  • Options
    So.. I'm triggering tonight, and my transfer is Scheduled for Monday
    now the nerves begin!
  • Options
    ktc18ktc18 member
    @Lin&say when is your beta?
  • Options
    FET from March 6 2017, beta negative. transferred 2 blasts.
  • Options
    @dragonette505 Yay! So close! Are you transferring just one?

@ktc18 My beta is Thursday...can't get here soon enough. How did your second beta go?

@jackiesmom324 I'm so sorry  :'(

• Options
    ktc18ktc18 member
    @jackiesmom324 sorry to hear. 

@Lin&say Thursday is near? Do you have enough tests to test everyday or are you going to wait?
    2nd beta was 290! 

@dragonette505 good luck!
  • Options
    Lin&sayLin&say member
    edited March 2017
    @ktc18 I only have one more test but I'll probably end up buying more. It's reassuring to see that second line getting darker, you know? That's a great second beta! Do you do a third or do you wait until your first ultrasound? 
  • Options
    @Lin&say: congratulations! That's amazing news!!! Let us know how your beta goes!

@ktc18: great to hear your beta is increasing. When is your next one scheduled?

@jackiesmom324: I'm so so sorry hear your news :( How are you keeping up? Do you have any embryos in the freezer for future transfers? 

Q to all those 'naughty' ladies that start POAS'ing way too early (like me ;-) -> On what dpt do you guys usually start testing? I was on a medicated cycle, so no trigger and thus no risk of potential positive result being due to HCG leftovers. 
    Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
  • Options
    Ladies, can I have your advise? I'm dealing with a bit of an emotional break-down here...I'm 2dp5dt and got news  today from two (!) friends of mine who - just like me - have been TTC for a while that they are 3 months pregnant. And I'm of course very happy for them (after all they are close friends) but it breaks my heart...we've been TTC for two years, I've had a stillbirth end of 2nd trimester last May and ever since it never worked out again. I seem to not be able to stop crying or calm down and now I'm getting even more worked up cause I'm afraid that my emotional state/outburst could prevent my chances of successful implantation 
    Does anyone have some advise for me on how to calm down and deal with such news? Thanks so so much in advance 
    Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
  • Options
    @HopeSIN So sorry...I'm in a similar situation, FET is round the corner and I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff that left me in a lot of distress. I'm trying to calm down by doing anything to distract me, like talking walks, watching movies, going to church, meditating, exercising, etc. It helps. But of course then I go back home and I get worked up again. At a certain point there is nothing else we can do, but try our best. We are not made of steel, this is a difficult situation we are in and it's normal to be upset. 
  • Options
    @jackiesmom324  I'm so sorry to hear that! 

@HopeSIN I'm so sorry- it's so difficult..one thing I've been using that I've found helpful is a meditation app called calm. There's also one called headspace which I haven't personally used, but I've heard about. I've been doing yoga more frequently which also helps me to relax. But at the end of the day, this is heartbreaking to deal with and all these feelings are normal and very hard to control. 

Ttc since 11/15
    Unexplained infertility 

• Options
    ktc18ktc18 member
    Lin&say i ended up testing everyday as well. See that line get darker is what kept me going until my 1st beta. 
    @HopeSIN i know it might not be the most popular opinion but I like to have a big old fashioned cry. Sometimes just getting it out makes me feel better then holding it in. Also I started poas at day 5. 

Afm- next beta is tomorrow and then moving on to oh ultrasound 
  • Options
    jackiesmom324    I'm so so sorry!! Sending you mental hugs!
    Lin&say    I know! We are planning to transfer 2! I cant believe your beta is so close!
    HopeSIN   to answer your testing question, I did trigger so I first will be testing out the trigger and then either wait till 5 dp5dt or keep testing till beta. Ive got a ton of cheapies so no biggie. As for your stress about the news you heard. Like the others have said... stress is bad, but inescapable (my house almost burnt down last Thursday and it was terrifying and we now have an 11K estimate to fix the damages) and I was worried this was going to ruin this cycle. Then I decided: I'm in this cycle. I cant opt out of life. I took some deep breaths. Reminded myself that women get pg in war zones. And each night I have gone back and forth between my meditation apps (I actually use Headspace and Yoga Nidra relaxation) and I do yoga on my lunch breaks. Just be kind to yourself and don't compound the sadness you have every right to feel with pressuring yourself to be perfect. Sending you hugs as well
    liljoy when is your transfer day??

• Options
    @HopeSIN Im so sorry you're having to deal with that. I've had some similar situations...one of my last medicated cycles was at the exact same time as my friend's. We tested the same day; she got a bfp and I got a bfn. This last cycle in January (my first IVF cycle), my (almost) cousin was on Clomid; she got her bfp and mine again was a bfn. Both times were heartbreaking so I totally get where you're coming from. My advice would be to take a step back from your friends for awhile until you're in a better headspace. And also, cry...be angry...it's ok to feel jealous. Don't feel like you have to keep all your emotions in check bc infertility is a shitty unfair journey. I don't know if you read but I find that that is always a good distraction for me. As always, the other ladies have given some excellent advice. As far as testing, my first squinted was technically at 5dp5dt on a frer but I thought it was an indent line at the time. When do you think you'll start testing?

@liljoy Sorry to hear things have been tough lately. Sending hugs your way. 

@dragonette505 omg your house!! That's so awful. I hope you didn't lose any personal mementos. And transferring 2?! Ahhhh! So exciting!
  • Options
    Transfer is set for tomorrow afternoon. Ahh!

Ttc since 11/15
    Unexplained infertility 

• Options
    ktc18ktc18 member
    @Hoping10 good luck! Positive thoughts for you!
  • Options
    Thank you all so so very much for your kind words - that really helped a lot and I managed to calm down.
    It's so nice to know I'm not alone with those thoughts and that there's you guys who understand and are/were going through similar situations. It's so hard...nobody who hasn't have issues conceiving could ever imagine :(

@liljoy: I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch as well. When is your FET scheduled for?

@Hoping10: thank you so much for the advise with the apps. I already downloaded both and started using them a bit yesterday. It was definitely good to get distracted!
    All the very very best for your transfer! :)

@ktc18: thanks for your input! You are right - sometimes it just needs to get out and only then you can feel better. I did have a good one hour crying session yesterday ;-) All the very best for your Beta today!

@dragonette505: OMG, I'm so sorry to hear about your house! I hope nobody got injured? That sounds terrible! Is your family okay? 

@Lin&say: thank you so much for your kind words. It seems like all of us had those situations and it can sometimes seem so unfair and overwhelming that while getting pregnant comes so easy for some women, we are all here suffering and trying literally everything to get there.

Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Congrats again to our BFPs
    @ktc18
    @Lin&say
    @DungeonTrollMel
    @LeFemmeViolette

Good luck to the upcoming FETs and the TWW

I had my transfer yesterday and it went well, everyone was very positive and extremely nice. I was very uncomfortable with my full bladder, that was the worst part, and then the Valium and acupuncture made me dizzy and feeling like a druggie. My RE's recommendations were very interesting. She wanted me up on my feet and to the restroom immediately after the procedure. She said chances are better with no bed rest. However, since I felt so drugged up I just laid in bed for the rest of the day. Also, they said beta is after 2 weeks! That was really shocking to me since by that time I'd have AF. Maybe they just want to avoid any drama in the office if negative? They also said no testing until then but I'll test at 6 or 7 days...I don't want to be caught off guard if AF comes...

• Options
    7dp5dt I took a pregnancy test and it was negative :( I'm trying to keep hopeful but it's so hard 
    Me 28, DH 30
    unexplained infertility
    7/2013 EP methotrexate
    1/2015 mc at 6 weeks
    7/2016 mc at 7 weeks
    3/2017 FET 

• Options
    @hoping10 Yay! Good luck today! 

@liljoy Glad your transfer went well! Two weeks though? Ugh. That's just cruel. I hear ya on the Valium...idk how people get hooked on those things. It's like taking a triple dose of Benadryl. 

@Nikkilegare :'( You're not out though. Don't lose hope. When is beta?
  • Options
    @lin&say it's Saturday, the 25th. Just have to try and keep positive until then! 
    Me 28, DH 30
    unexplained infertility
    7/2013 EP methotrexate
    1/2015 mc at 6 weeks
    7/2016 mc at 7 weeks
    3/2017 FET 

• Options
    Hoping10  Good luck with your transfer today! Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Nikkilegare  Just hold on till your beta... people still get bfp's later

• Options
    Lin&say Yeah, 2W for beta is just cruel. Maybe they don't want to deal with CPs/it affects their stats somehow? Ugh.

@Nikkilegare Hang in there, according to my clinic (ugh) that doesn't mean anything. Did you test with a FRER?

@dragonette505 Just a few more days for you to go! Exciting, 2 embryos! Do you know the genders? I had PGS but didn't want to know the gender at the transfer, eek.