July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In 1/31

2»

Re: FTM Check In 1/31

• Options
    @maybeitsmadeline I'm slightly uptight about stuff like that too. I'm basically going to make a handbook/how to for anyone who's coming to help. And I'm only letting in helpers I trust to actually follow it. As far as people visiting, I can't make up my mind. I am allowing grandparents and great grandparents, and the one uncle day of. After that, I want to wait for most other family until at least 1 month. I just don't see a need for most people to meet that baby that early. He's so tiny and not interacting at all, and is mostly going to be sleeping and feeding from me, so what's the point? I think I've settled on setting up individual meetings for the baby, only because it will be easier for both of us if there is only one or two people who want to hold him, and not 10-20. Or more. It breaks my heart when babies get passed around and they start crying and people don't just give them back to the mom. I want my baby back when he's upset, and I don't want to have to get mean about it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline Yes, I totally get it! You are definitely not alone in trying to figure it out. I do like the idea of having immediate family come, but stay elsewhere. We had everyone in town this weekend, and it was a blast, but I can already imagine that it will be a lot with baby. So many decisions!!!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017