July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In 1/31

SpongeWorthySpongeWorthy member
edited January 2017 in July 2017 Moms
This is a check in for First Time Mamas.

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: FTM Check In 1/31

• Options
    How far along are you? 15+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Happily seem to be getting off the struggle bus

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope.  Next appointment is this Friday.

Rants/raves? Rant: We got over a foot of snow yesterday :(  Rave: I liked the daycare we toured yesterday, and it sounds like they *might* have an opening for November.  Still going to look at two more later this week.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? What kind of blood work have you guys had at your appointments?  I haven't done any for my OB yet.  I did have blood work done at the ER a month ago when I had a scare, and I'm not sure if that covered everything my OB needs?

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? We usually don't do any kind of big gifts.  But I did buy my DH the book "Be Prepared" about surviving baby's first year and the board book "My Dad Loves Me!"  I think he'll get a kick out of it :#
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    How far along are you?  14+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  My face has finally cleared up. Most symptoms have resolved, still just tired but some days are better than others so I think there is energy ahead!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  14 week appointment tonight. 

Rants/raves?  I work with idiots and I often wonder how people can get away with so much and still be employed because if I did what some of them do, I'd be out of a job. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Does anyone else plan on using cloth diapers?  I am so confused and it seems like the more information I get about them, the more confused I get. LOL

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how?  We don't.  DH and I buy each other little gifts throughout the year and neither of us believes in Valentines day either. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    17 weeks tomorrow! 

New, not really. M/s has changed from untriggered nausea/hunger nausea to triggered by smells. Almost any smells. Last nights dirty dishes soaking in the sink is enough. Garbage can that is only three days old, can barely even walk past it. It's getting kind of obnoxious. 

I think so? Finally got in with my midwife practice, and it was an amazing appointment. She couldn't get the baby to stop running away from her when she was trying to get the heartbeat, and she had to pin down the left side of my stomach and pin the baby on the other side with the wand. 

Rants/raves? 
    My husband has been really amazing. Twice now in the last week he has gone back out after coming home from working just to pick up something I was craving. He's just been really supportive of me during this pregnancy, and it means so much to me. 

How mobile will I be after birth? Does this depend entirely on me and my birth? I've been trying to figure out how much help I will need post birth (I'll be home around 8 hours after if all goes well) and I can't really find specific information. Which makes me think that I'll be ok to walk around, get food, etc. etc. Just need to rest a lot. And obviously I'll be occupied with the baby. But it also sounds like for the most part, baby eats every 1-2 hours, especially in the beginning probably not for very long, maybe half an hour, and then sleeps. So diaper changing in there, but otherwise, lots of sleeping time? Am I kidding myself? I'm going to have meals ready to go, and I am going to arrange for some help for 1-2 hours a day, but if I am going to be completely immobile, or mostly immobile, I would rather know now so I can arrange someone to come help me with bringing me food. And I'll set myself up downstairs. My couch is actually extremely comfortable to sleep on. My husband might not get any time of work, so I will be asking family that either doesn't work, or will hopefully be able to take time off. 

Yes! Hopefully hubby and I will be going down on the weekend to Hershey, PA, checking out some cool options for during the day, and then having dinner at a fancy restaurant. We never go to fancy places to eat, so I'm really looking forward to it. It's a day trip for us, but I'm still really excited for it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy  At my first appointment my doctor did a slew of tests; CBC, CMP, blood typing, Rh factor, HIV, Rubella titer, UA, Hepatitis screen, etc.  Plus at each appointment they do a urine to check for protein & glucose (and because I have a history of frequent UTI's they run a UA on me, too).

• Options

How far along are you? 17 weeks, 1 day

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Lots of baby movement at night! I still have nausea and am still taking unison. I still throw up almost every night when I brush my teeth. I can definitely see a bump, mostly after I eat though so it's not all baby. Haha

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had one last Friday and it went well. It was just a regular check up. HR 140. We sent off for genetic testing. I also had an early glucose test bc diabetes is in my immediate family. Still waiting on those results. 

Rants/raves? I looove feeling baby move. I'm enjoying it while it's comfortable! Rant - I tried to be good and eat fruit but the acid KILLS me. Grapes are a definite no from here on out!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? How early did you guys start looking for a pediatrician?

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? DH and I are so bad at celebrating holidays. We don't buy each other gifts. We usually do for birthdays but we don't do other holidays. We usually have some kind of big expense around Christmastime (last year our dog had to have emergency surgery) or we buy something for the house (one year was a dishwasher) and we call it Christmas just so we feel like we did something. 

@SpongeWorthy - they did bloodwork at my first appointment with the dr at 11 weeks. They tested for blood type, HIV and other STIs, and I suppose just to make sure other levels of whatever were okay. I had more blood drawn at my last appointment (16 weeks) but that was specifically for glucose and genetic testing. 

I'm sorry for all the bold. I bump mobile and it's so hard to fix. 
  • Options
    @kerils - my baby always moves away too! It did at the first u/s and then again at my last appointment when dr was checking HR. I'm convinced it's a teenage girl. :wink:
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle I'm using cloth diapers! What kind of questions did you have? 

@ginger1228 Haha I'm probably having a boy, but I'm pretty convinced mine is going to be some sort of gymnast/daredevil/stunt artist. He moves as far and as fast as he possibly can. I think he's stretching my uterus out all on his own. My bump still fluctuates slightly based on needing the bathroom/eating. I really think I'll always have some bloating on top of my bump. As for pediatricians, I'm not even thinking about it until after 20 weeks. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @kerils  I guess I just don't understand what I need; snappies vs all in one vs pockets vs prefolds?  What's easiest for FTM?  My mom used cloth when my sibs and I were in diapers but the systems have changed so much since then.  All of my friends use disposables because they work and kids are in daycare so I don't have anyone with first hand experience.  Thanks for the help! :)

• Options
    How far along are you? 18 + 4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not that I can think of! 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my anatomy scan and the doc said baby is "perfect" and I don't need any more scans :-/

Rants/raves? Just getting overwhelmed with how fast time is going by and there is so much left to do, especially with changes in the house!

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? Nope, DH works on Tuesday nights. He has off the Saturday before, but is planning on going to some game tournament 90 miles away... not thrilled! We only have maybe 10 days off together before July!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I know my OB did bloodwork at my first appointment, but since they never released the results to me I have no idea what they did :| Thankfully, my new midwives are totally on top of it and have requested the results and will add anything they feel is needed.
    @SquirttheTurtle I might try cloth. My good friend has a set of nine dipes from her LO that she wants to loan me. I'll give them a try. I do have to do daycare since it isn't feasible for me to stay home, but I have heard they make disposable inserts for them so I might give that a try.
    @ginger1228 I'm so jealous you are feeling movement! I cannot wait to feel this LO move!

How far along are you? 14+5

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Still getting that weird, softball-like lump in my abdomen when I sleep (I'm assuming it's shifting organs) but now it's pretty much there right when I lie down in bed. Not much other than that.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, next Monday is our next appt. I can't wait to hear the HB again!

Rants/raves? A few of us from my office are walking over to Baskin Robbins to get ice cream this afternoon! They have $1.31 single scoops on the last day of every month that ends in 31!!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Has anyone experienced the weird lump thing in my symptoms? I can't imagine it would be my uterus this early, but what do I know?

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? We never really celebrate. I might make a slightly nicer dinner than I normally would on a Tuesday, but that's about it!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    @RunRestRepeat I think it could be your uterus.

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle I decided to use all in ones because to me it is way easier to put one whole thing on and take one whole thing off when the baby needs to be changed. I'm getting the Bum Genius All In Ones, One size fits all. They snap on, no pins. They change in size, so I won't have to replace them when the baby grows, they will grow with him. That seemed to be the easiest to me. I'm getting a set of 24, which seems to be the minimum you need to get through. Newborns have 8-12 diaper changes a day, so at most I will be doing laundry every two days, at least for awhile. I think once they get older that they start to need less diaper changes. 
    So for washing purposes, if you are exclusively breastfeeding and as long as you exclusively breastfeed, the poopy diapers can go straight in the washer. Breastfeeding poop is completely water soluable. Otherwise you will need to shake/dip/wipe off/spray off the poop into the toilet. They make sprayers you can attach to the toilet to make this less gross, which I will definitely be investing in when the time comes. 
    As far as traveling goes, you can use cloth when going out. The best thing to do is to get a wet bag to hold the diapers until you can get them home and wash them. I got Planet Wise wet bags (two just because I always feel like one will be in the wash, or missing, or whatever) which are also machine washable. 
    There are two times I plan on using disposables: The first is the first two weeks at home. I want to make those first two weeks as easy as possible, so garbage diapers instead of need to be washed diapers accomplishes that. Also, wet diapers are already hard to detect with the newborns, so disposables will make that easier. And, I have no interest in trying to get meconium out of a cloth diaper. That sounds awful. The second is if we take long trips, basically longer than day/overnights. It is not impossible, but for the sake of not having to find a washer and possibly run out of diapers, I will get disposables. 
    You can also get reusable wipes if you are interested. Planet wise sells an adorable set of those too. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @GlitterFish Interesting! What app is that? I haven't been able to find any pictures that break it down week by week!

• Options
    @GlitterFish Interesting! What app is that? I haven't been able to find any pictures that break it down week by week!
    I don't know if I'm allowed to "promote" it, but it's BC lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 15+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? None that I can think of at the moment.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, but I have one on Friday to check in.

Rants/raves? I normally park in a garage that is half a mile from my building, but today I decided to park in my actual building and pay the daily rate because I had stuff in my car I wanted to unload.  I invited my coworker to lunch and she gave me a parking validation sticker so I don't have to pay.  SCORE!

Also, the daycare I want that is right here near my job has a two year waitlist.  Seriously?

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? Yes, but really not sure how yet.  DH and I usually make a nice meal with the fancy seafood at home.  Scallops and lobster tail and the like, but we haven't talked about it this year because there's so much going on.

@SpongeWorthy I love that we have the same due date and the same doc appt date this week!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, didn't even think about that. Thanks!!

• Options
    How far along are you?
    15 weeks 2 days
    Generally feeling better, except I get dizzy and lightheaded easily.  Someone told me to talk to my doctor about low blood pressure the next time I see him.

Not until next week.

Rants/raves? 
    Ovia and the Bump app keep showing me articles about increased libido in the second trimester.  I was kind of looking forward to that but so far... nada.

What do I absolutely need to buy before the baby gets here?  And what can wait until later?

I hate Valentine's Day, but DH likes to do something to acknowledge it.  He is grateful that he doesn't have to make a whole production out of it though.  He'll probably just get me one of my favorite snacks or something.  I prefer little things like that.
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline YAS!  High five due date buddy and doc appt buddy!  I'm happy you in the Monday Ticker Change because I feel like I'm so far behind everyone else lol.  I am finding similar issues with daycares.  DH's company has a really good daycare onsite just for employees, but it has a 12-18 month wait list.  A few of the other places we've tried have 1+ year wait lists too.  I'm thinking we'll have to go somewhere that has an opening for November, then switch to a more convenient place once we get off the wait list.  I did not expect it to be this difficult...

@SquirttheTurtle I plan to cloth diaper, but I'm also struggling to figure out what's best.  I think @kerils gave some good info.  I liked this site for basic info about the types of cloth diapers, too.  It is written by a cloth diaper company, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline and @SpongeWorthy I just scheduled tours at three different places - I'm so terrified we won't be able to get in anywhere by the end of October. It blows my mind that the lists are so long!! We just started telling people, so we were limited on getting recommendations and such. I know one of my colleagues put down the small deposit for her 2nd choice, just in case her first choice didn't open up in time. I might have to do the same!

• Options
    @Twinkiedoll I thought this thread was helpful as far as stuff you need before baby gets here:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12697920/stms-advice-on-baby-gear/p1

@RunRestRepeat I feel you.  We might end up putting down multiple deposits as well.  Especially as a first time parent it seems more difficult, as siblings get priority at a lot of places.  Which I understand, but I can still complain about it :D
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I totally get it! Every new week I hit I get excited and then see other people several weeks ahead  :'( But it's always nice to see someone that's on the same date range as you!  You're not alone. :smile:

As for daycares, luckily DH works in a different city not too far and he did find a Montessori school that he wants us to check out that's sort of on his way to work.  It's weird thinking that he would take the baby every morning since he has zero experience with children, but there's noooooothing in my working vicinity that has availability so we have to stretch our options.  Props to you guys for being on the ball though!  I had a minor freak out because I hadn't even imagined we'd deal with a waitlist.

@RunRestRepeat You're already touring omg.  I'm so behind! LOL.  Props to you guys!  I thought DH was being rash wanting to tour next week  :D  Guess I'll oblige him because I seem to be dragging my feet.  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't even want to have to daycare, but if I ended up needing to at all I assumed I could make the decision later...... now I'm terrified. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @kerils I was thinking I had more time and was actually calling our more or less on-site daycare for kicks and giggles only to hear the waitlist was two years.  I think it took about 10 mins to pick my jaw up off the floor.  It may not be as bad in all areas, but I know for a major city we have to fight for space for our LO.  Definitely not what I expected though.  I was hoping some miracle would come through like we would have a family member watch the baby, but my parents still work and my grandma is very active and involved so she wouldn't even be able to do it every day.  It just wouldn't work out for us sadly because that would save so much money!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline I'm still hoping I can either be a full time SAHM, or I can get some kind of amazing job where I can take LO, or I can work when my husband isn't. I do have two grandmothers (one is mine, one is DH's) that could probably do it, but I haven't brought it up yet. It's a lot to ask women in their 70's who are active and one who sometimes works to watch a newborn. Of course they would probably be overjoyed....
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options

How far along are you? 15 + 6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? pimples, feeling hot all of a sudden  sometimes, shortness of breath, really stuffy nose in the morning with blood when I try to blow, minor headaches...still no bump!!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I have an appt on Thursday and I'll schedule my anatomy scan then!

Rants/raves? my shower will be on Memorial day weekend. I tried changing it but the place we paid for is booked all of may and June already. Oh well. I'm just thinking people won't be able to come because they'll have plans. I'm over it. I'm gonna enjoy it no matter what and not stress.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? any gender reveal ideas that are unique? We're just going to have a small get together. I just don't want to do the balloons out of the box or the cake like everybody else.

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? I bought my hubby a couples massage as a surprise. It was on groupon and I really want a massage too so I thought, perfect gift! Lol I'll just have to lay on my sides and get special pillows they said. DH is in charge of dinner. I just said I wanted to try a place we haven't been before. I love Italian so hopefully any place with amazing pasta! It's our last Valentines Day alone and probably the last we will actually do something out of the house for it so gotta take advantage! 

• Options
    I also just wanted to say how incredibly grateful I am that my mom and mil will be splitting days of the week and they'll be watching our baby starting in september. Omg. For the money reason and being able to find a reputable one, I am glad I don't have to deal with that stress!! Good luck to everybody looking for daycares, I really hope everything works out and you find amazing places! Fx
  • Options
    @sdang1 There's a whole thread on gender reveals :) It might have gotten bumped down a little but it should still be on the same page. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy Exactly! I'll be happy about it if we're lucky enough to have a second LO, but right now the sibling priority sucks!
    @maybeitsmadeline You're not far behind! I literally just reached out to four places today and only have one tour scheduled. Of course, the first one that replied has a wait list until January 2018. Ugh. I think we'll still tour it anyway just in case the wait list opens up.
    @sdang1 I'm happy for you that you have a supportive family who will be able to help you when you're baby is here, but I have a feeling your comment is going to rub a few people the wrong way (myself included). The last thing we need to hear when we are worried about finding reputable, affordable and available childcare is how grateful you are that you have TWO family members who will be stepping in to take care of baby and how you "don't have to deal with that stress." I'm super happy you have that option, but it comes off as humble-braggy and not at all supportive to what the majority of us are going through.

• Options
    How far along are you? 17w3d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I seem to get annoyed easier and the bleeding gums have started. Other than that (and getting a cold that makes my nose faucet-like), most of the other annoying symptoms have gone away...other than the headaches.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my monthly check-up with my OB practice. I got to hear the baby's HB (150). However, my BP was high when it was first checked (150/72). When they checked it again before I left, it was still a little high (but had gone down to 140/72). I have to stop in this week for them to check it for tracking purposes. I'm curious if it had anything to do with the raging headache I had that day. I also had the AFP test, which was normal.

Rants/raves? The headaches can go away anytime now. I'll go days without one and then bam. It makes being productive at work difficult.
    I'm starting to get worried about daycare. I'm on the list already for the Child Development Center at the military base nearest my office, but right now their earliest infant opening is February 2018. Ummm, I do have to go back to work in October. It's kind of important. I think there are backup options through the system that's used...I just have to find out if I can just stick the kid in there for a few months until a spot opens. This could all end up being a moot point, though, if a spot opens up early. Fingers crossed.

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? In the past we have. I'm not sure if we'll do anything as extravagant as we have in the past. I'm pretty sure we might go out to a nice dinner, but we aren't going on wine tours this year. LOL.

@SpongeWorthy - At my first OB appointment, they just did general bloodwork to update my levels since the RE did a pretty full workup last summer. At last appointment they did the AFP test. Other than that, I haven't had any for the OB.

I do already know who the kid's pediatrician will be - my pediatrician as a kid and I loved her. :) I won't contact her, though, until probably 24 weeks.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    14+4

Been waking up with some nausea, but that's pretty much the extent of it. Weather changes have made me congested beyond belief. My breasts are tender again. Been in full-on nesting/cleaning-frenzy mode all week.

I had my NT Scan on 1/20. Everything went well; baby looks awesome. My prenatal screening bloodwork also came back fine. Now I'm just waiting for my next appt on 2/13. I feel so behind compared to some of the other mommas on the board, but I love hearing your updates! Hopefully I'll know when my anatomy scan is supposed to be scheduled.

Rants/raves? 
    Rant- my OB office in Yorba Linda is shutting down and all the OB/GYNs are being shifted around to other offices (I have Kaiser). My OB is going out to Santa Ana while the rest are hanging around and going to Anaheim. I love my OB and will continue my care with her even though the drive is kind of out of the way, but I just find it frustrating that so few Kaiser offices have OB/GYN near me. She originally was at Brea offices, then that office pushed them out; then she was at Yorba Linda, and now they are getting pushed out again. 

What kind of classes did you take? I've been looking at different classes that are offered through Kaiser, but I've only seen breastfeeding classes. Are there other classes I should look into? I have no clue what to look for lol.

DH and I usually go to dinner, but I'm not sure what this Valentine's Day will entail. He works at a new job and his schedule is always different. If anything, I'll make him dinner and surprise him with some peanut butter m&ms and Reese's peanut butter cups lol.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Started taking diclegis instead of unisom/B6, and it seems to be working better for me.  

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope - I have an appointment this Friday

Rants/raves? I'm loving maternity clothes right now.  Maternity leggings + tunic = feels like I'm wearing pajamas

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I'll ask this in the big questions thread too, but I'm trying to figure out whether/how much I want family around right after the birth.  My parents live ~5 hours away, and are willing to come stay with us and help out.  Part of me wants some time for just my husband and me to figure out what we're doing and adjust to being a family of 3.  Part of me thinks I'm being stupid and should accept any help offered. 

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? I'll probably be traveling for work on 2/14, but maybe we'll go out to dinner the weekend before or after (it will be less crowded anyway!)

Daycares: The struggle is real.  Almost no daycares near home take kids before 18 months. There are two nearby-ish that take infants, and neither one has gotten back to me about a visit.  DH's work has a great daycare, but we have 45 minute commutes in opposite directions, and if he goes out of town I would have no way of getting our kid to daycare at his work.  So, I'm envious of those of you who have even managed to schedule a visit or get on a wait list.  We live in a neighborhood with lots of young families, so we're hoping we can find someone who wants to do a nanny share with us - I really don't know what other option we have.  

@cielaw89 There was a thread on here at some point about classes, so you might try doing a search to see what people found useful.  My hospital offers a childbirth class (what to expect during labor, pain management techniques, etc), an infant care class, and an infant CPR class, and I'm hoping to take all of them with DH.

@SpongeWorthy At my first appointment they took 8 vials of blood.  Even the nurse was kind of surprised.  They tested for my blood type, Rh factor, CBC, rubella, HIV, toxoplasmosis (I had a cat bite earlier this year), thyroid, B12 (I used to have low B12 and wanted to check), and probably a few other things that I've forgotten.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @GreenBean I can't offer any suggestions, but I'm definitely in the same boat re: family. We're trying to figure out the same thing - I definitely want them to come meet this LO, but I also want to bond as a new family. It's so hard when family is far away!

• Options
    @GreenBean I felt that way too, and then I got pregnant and saw how supportive all the family was. I don't know, my mind changed. I've actually been setting up to have family come visit (with the intention that they are going to help around the house more than just stare at the baby). I don't know about someone staying with me though, I would feel like I have to host and that would be way too much for me. But I guess pregnancy has humbled me, and I want the help so I can actually have time to bond. Still won't have anyone at the birth though. Except DH. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    How far along are you? 18w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Hmm, since the last check-in? Some definite movements, though still light and not yet daily. Back pain, and dizzy spells

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Not since last Monday! Waiting now for my anatomy scan and the time is slooowly passing

Rants/raves? Anxiously awaiting my pregnancy pillow on friday! Hope it's worth it, sleep is one of my favorite things to do and I actually cried the other morning when I woke up with neck pain, a headache, and feeling more tired than when I went to sleep. 

Also I asked my sister to be the baby's godmother, and she was really happy! Obviously it's something that was important and special to me but I was really touched by how happy and excited she was that we chose her. It just reminded me of how lucky I am to have family that already loves this baby just like H and I do.

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  none today. I'm sure I'll have some for the dumb questions thread soon lol

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? Well on Valentine's day I have my anatomy scan! I mentioned this in the "gender reveal" thread but we're trying to make it a little special. We're going to have the tech write the sex down in a paper in an envelope and either ask the restaurant to do something special for us or maybe have a small cake for after dinner and skype our families in to share the moment with us. I wasn't even thinking of a party, mostly because I'm lazy but also because I didn't think people would care, but my sister was actually kind of disappointed when I said that we weren't going to do a party.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Also re: daycares. I am sooo concerned that I'm way behind! Like @kerils I'm hoping/expecting not to need one but I also thought that looking for one as a backup or something could wait for down the line... 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy
    I did 9 vials of blood early on...and then one for quads last week at 16 week. The nine vials was at 12 weeks.  Happy to tell you the tests...there were a ton of them.   I also did urine I think at 12.  Never since.   

We're on daycare lists here but I want to get on some part time lists as that might be what we do....but we're homebuying and part time is more common in the suburbs...which means -- where will the home be? That's a tough question!    I started a day care thread awhile back-- check it out for some people's answers too!

How far along are you? 17 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Mainly just a bad sore throat

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Good, they want me to stop my diclegis which I haven't yet. I threw up once and just the sore throat doesn't help matter....so the diclegis helps me sleep.

Rants/raves? I keep going just big enough I need maternity clothes and back down...its weird. I also keep going places with amazing beer----and then I just look sad....like last week I was at a pub at happy hour for a quick bite.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I like the questions about family. I think I just want my hubby at delivery but inlaws may be there by then.  What did you do for people in the room or like during delivery?   I also am taking some pregnancy classes, but how did you learn all about stuff like epidurals and just the day of things you need to know? Or maybe when and how??

GTKY: Do you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If so, how? No, but we may go see a quiet movie at a local restaurant/ movie bar.
  • Options
    @GreenBean  Girl, yes.  The family thing came up for me last week.  MIL and FIL are divorced, but both live in the same city 11 hours away and will no doubt be here right away when the baby is born.  My aunt and grandparents both live three states away (different states) and will be here.  Plus BIL that is two states away will want to be here and I don't know how to tell them I just want that time because I know it's also a little unfair of me when they're so excited. 

Not to mention LO will never be that small again and that's something they don't want to miss.  I'm torn and was talking about with DH and my mom, but I can't bring myself to ask them to stagger their visits.  I have made it clear that no one will be staying with us, but still the thought of 10-13 people in town at once and wanting to see the baby is enough to make me cuckoo.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline Oy! That has me stressed out just reading it! I'm assuming we'll have DH's parents and sister, maybe his aunt and her husband. My sister won't come out for several weeks - she has four kids and knows how much she needed the help about six weeks in when everyone else went back to their lives. I'm guessing my little sister will come out at the same time.

I never thought about telling everyone they can come, but asking them to stay at a hotel... I feel bad since we do have a guest room, but the thought of that many people in our house 24/7 right after baby comes home is really overwhelming!

• Options
    @RunRestRepeat You get it!  Yes, I would definitely draw a line on having others stay with you so you can at least have your space when they go home to rest or do whatever.  I'm glad I'm not the only one that's worrying about this though.  I'm trying to come up with solutions.

It also doesn't help that I have way more pride than I should and don't like people cleaning my dishes/laundry/etc. That will only make it worse if everyone tries to help.  My mom says I need to just deal and let people help.  The problem is I'm so particular with how I like things done it might make my head explode.  

(Example: we hand wash all our dishes with a scrub daddy because it doesn't hold food or bacteria before we run them through the dishwasher to sanitize and wipe the counters with Clorox wipes.  My grandma always loves to help with dishes, but she only handwashes with a rag and puts them away without them getting the hot water to sanitize and then wipes the counter down with the same rag.  I know I'm probably insane.)

There's more, my aunt doesn't work and everyone that will be coming is either retired or works in higher education so they won't have to be back until the end of August.  I really don't think they'll stay that long considering they have homes of their own, but there's nothing stopping them, so a chance still exists.

Image result for so youre saying theres a chance gif

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Doing this a day late. 

How far along are you?

15 weeks 4 days
    Headaches, lack of motivation 
    tummy is getting fat

nope! Going today for a second opinion though 

Rants/raves? 
    Rants: iv been super lazy these past four months all iv done is lay around and demand stuff. I think that's made my belly a bit chubby and not as firm as I'd like it to be boo! 

Raves: none really... i craved Japanese food so I made some jasmine rice, baked some fish and rolled it up in seaweed. That hit the spot. (For a few bites at least) 

Im not flexible at all, I can dance I'm not awkward or anything but I'm no cheerleader. Will it really effect how painful my labor will be? 

Did anyone if you consider having the "labor ease tea "
    Earth Mama Angel Third Trimester tea

Nope. It's not on a weekend also my wedding anniversary is so close too (18th February) that I usually celebrate that. Looking forward to wearing an outfit I bought two months ago before it gets too late!!