July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 1/30

Sorry this is a little late.  How are you feeling this week ladies?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 1/30

• I've been waking up so congested; then my nose runs all day. I use saline sprays and take Zyrtec when necessary. The constant weather changes are not helping either.

Also, (hopefully not TMI) I'm getting these bumps around my areola/nipples. They don't hurt or anything, they are just super noticeable to me. They seem super large in the mornings. I took a hot shower and massaged my breasts and noticed the bumps went down, but they are still there. FTM and only 14+3 and not sure what to think. DH says "maybe it's your milk coming in?" And my Mom says she doesn't remember having anything like that happen to her.

I did Google (couldn't help it) and came back as Montgomery Glands? Anyone else experiencing this? Are my boobs doing normal boob things? 
  • 15+3 still nauseous! Ugh. I thought it'd be over by now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 18+2 and fiiiinally in that 2nd trimester happy place. Still stuffy and huffing and puffing. But overall, not too much to complain about - normal, mild "joys" of pregnancy! 
  • @cielaw89 Completely normal! I actually got mine at 6 weeks pregnant. They're just Montgomery Tubercles, and they are completely harmless. They're actually beneficial, they keep your nipples and areola lubricated for breastfeeding. 

@plumpous I'm 16,5 and I'm still having problems too. Not triggered by hunger (at least the last two days) but my nose has gotten so sensitive that I can't even handle dirty dishes from the night before in the morning. Or the garbage can after like 3 days. It's getting to where I can barely even go in my kitchen. I'm starting to think I will never get out of this problem. 

I'm also pretty convinced that the magic second trimester is a lie. I mean, I feel 1000 times better than I did in the first tri, but I'm still exhausted, sometimes so much so that making dinner is too much, still dealing with crazy strong food aversions, cravings that turn into monsters if I don't do something about them immediately, hot flashes, dizziness, headaches, morning sickness, and of course irritability. The food aversions are so bad that if I don't really crave/want something I can't eat it, it makes me gag. I probably should have expected pregnancy to be this bad. I could never take hormonal birth control no matter what one I tried. My body does not react well to messing with my hormone levels. But I really didnt. I just hate being pregnant, and I have no idea how I'm going to deal with this until July. Obviously I want to, and I want my baby to stay in there until he's good and ready, but god is this misery. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Today's game - see how many tissues it takes to fill my trash can. I feel like I'm leaking. (Insert Chris Pine Star Trek gif here.) This cold is not fun and makes everything ache. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I'm having nose bleeds this week and last.  Its been chilly so the heat has been turned up and I'm sure its not helping. But nose bleeds are no fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • finding a comfortable sleeping position is becoming more of a challenge. propped up seems to be working, but still having some pain in my hips from sleeping on my sides. Recently It's causing me to have stiff neck/shoulders too, so yay... Also, I've got a bit of a constant pain in my left leg/hip joint area like I overworked it, but it's been that way for over a week now. Stretching does make it feel better, but it doesn't ever completely go away. I'm not sure if I need to work out/stretch more or something else. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Basically all of the above  ;) at least I feel like it's not all in my head! 
  • ThePecks said:
    finding a comfortable sleeping position is becoming more of a challenge. propped up seems to be working, but still having some pain in my hips from sleeping on my sides. Recently It's causing me to have stiff neck/shoulders too, so yay... Also, I've got a bit of a constant pain in my left leg/hip joint area like I overworked it, but it's been that way for over a week now. Stretching does make it feel better, but it doesn't ever completely go away. I'm not sure if I need to work out/stretch more or something else. 
    Of course now that I think about it, I've had a similar pain before when I started walking differently due to some injury. This time I think I'm just walking differently due to the expanding bump and my center of gravity shifting. I already feel like I waddle even though you probably wouldn't know it by looking at me.  
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited January 2017
    @ThePecks My hips loosened and I've been noticeably walking different/waddling since like 12 weeks. My MIL pointed it out at Christmas. My duck status is already well known lol

Edit: I forgot a word. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Holy itchiness and rashes! It's not any of the concerning pregnancy ones so I think my ezcema has gone nuts on my hands, calves and feet. Just non stop itching and gross red rashes from it I hate it. Anyone else?

also in 18 w and it's like I have m/s all over again or some mild stomach virus. I woke up around midnight dizzy and nauseous and threw up a ton and was shaking and my stomach has felt like I drank batteryacid all day and I've been constantly nauseous and don't want to eat anything. WTH I thought this was over 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JAM85  As I've probably said more times than anyone cares to listen, I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow, and I'm still dealing with m/s. Not as bad as it was, but it's still here off and on. I have eczema and tinea versicolor so my skin is always kind of a mess, but the tinea in particular has taken off since pregnancy started. It's completely gross, everytime I take my shirt off a mini rain storm of dead skin flakes flies into the air and falls to the ground. If I lotion enough it kind of stops it from happening, but or some reason lotioning makes me kind of queasy.... just the feeling of it.... Anyways, there are concerning pregnancy rashes? I've never heard of this but I'm afraid to google. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @JAM85 - is it you that said they tried to wean off unisom recently? I tried one day last week (at 16 weeks) and it was pure hell.
  • I ran out of unisom and tried to use that as an excuse to wean... heartburn has been worse which isn't helping, and then yesterday out of the blue I lost all my dinner. It was violent and uncomfortable... I'm hoping it's a one time thing but I still feel a little off today :-/

also, my hips are widening. I know it's not weight because I haven't gained any weight yet but I feel the difference in certain narrower chairs... not fun!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @ginger1228 I did wean to half a tab over 2 weeks ago and other than throwing up randomly every 3-4 days or so I've been good until today. 

@kerils there are 2 big ones that develop during pregnancy that are serious: PUPP and Cholestasis. I think mine are excema but I see a midwife Monday and I'm going to ask. I pile lotion on during the day and it doesn't really help. My hands looks horrible on top and it is soooo itchy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kerils  and @JAM85 PUPPS is usually towards the end, caused by extremely stretching (sometimes due to excessive weight gain or gestational growth) and generally affects your stomach first sometimes spreading to upper theigs and chest. I had it my last pregnancy at week 37 with my twins, it was aweful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. There wasn't much they could do to ease the itching and it lasted a few weeks after I gave birth. So hopefully that isn't what your experiencing this early in that game.
  • Anyone else getting dizzy and lightheaded lately? I was just cooking dinner and had to stop and lay down immediately multiple times because I thought I was going to pass out!
  • @sdang1 be careful, the second trimester is nortorious for this - increased blood, baby pressing on your arteries. I passed out in a gas station (real classy...) right around 5 months with almost no warning. Sit, put your head between your legs and never try to tough it out. 
  • @sdang1 yes! I also need to move slowly going from one position to another or I get lightheaded.

@jam85 I'm in the itchy and scratchy camp ugh!  This pregnancy actually hasn't been as bad as the last one but it's there and usually its worse in my limbs.  Hope you and @kerils get some relief from m/s soon!
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    I'm just getting chubbier, I don't really see a bump, just softer and fatter. 
    All I can do in one day is make a substandard meal 
    watch tv 
    talk to my family and shop online from my phone. I don't want to do anything and it's my fourth month glued to the couch. 

i feel fine, nausea isn't an issue (it wasn't a severe issue before either ) but I do feel like I'm never going to enjoy food again. Even if I eat something that iv been craving, after two bites I just don't like it anymore. I never want seconds of the same thing I just always want something new. When I do get that something "new" it's still not as good as I want it to be. I'm still eating quite a lot but it's harder to decide what to eat. Mostly filling up on carbs and my butt is showing more than my belly. 

I feel pressure down there every now and then. I feel jabs internally below my belly button and I can't lie down on my left side without being in some sort of pain or discomfort. I'm trying not to sleep on my belly but I can't fall asleep unless I'm partially on my belly. Is that safe? 
  • @manillabar
    I lost my dinner a couple nights ago too. So you're in company.
    I haven't weaned off my prescrip that's diclegis --which is like unisom. I have been nervous to stop.  I got a super bad sore throat this week. It feels inflamed. I went to the doc and don't have strep but my throat is super red. I have not been hungry as a result and seem to be getting a cough. I just keep eating soup and biscuits (like grands biscuits)- I swore I had like 6 today.
  • nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited February 2017
    Dcwtada said:
    @sdang1 be careful, the second trimester is nortorious for this - increased blood, baby pressing on your arteries. I passed out in a gas station (real classy...) right around 5 months with almost no warning. Sit, put your head between your legs and never try to tough it out. 
    I had it horribly with my son all three trimesters from about 6 weeks to 18weeks it was daily then sporadically after that. I suggest what she said about your head between your legs but my doctors office also suggested as the baby gets bigger to lay on your left side when you're dizzy to release the pressure on the major artery and have something salty-not sure why but laying on my left side in the 3rd trimester eating a bag of lays made everything better. Meanwhile, the baby is still little enough that that may not effect you or be the cause yet. My obgyn recommended increasing water intake (they say this for everything, I know) but also your protein. I noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in dizzy spells after having Greek yogurt and toast with peanut butter for breakfast, hard boiled egg or cheese sticks between breakfast and lunch and again as a snack between lunch and dinner. Made a huge difference for me!

eta: words are hard
  • @sdang1 I am also in the randomly lightheaded camp! Have definitely had to sit down at random times because of random dizzy spells
    @Katie______ I'm sorry you're dealing with this but also selfishly relieved that I'm not alone? (lol flame away!)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @sdang1 add me to the light headed/dizzy camp. It's so annoying. I move like a snail right now. Not the best time to visit NYC where people shove you if you don't move quickly enough. 
  • I'm starting to feel the numbness in my arms and legs. I remember it last time but I remember being farther along like 24+ weeks. 
  • I get dizzy or lightheaded certain days too....it's like its not consistent. It's always a wave of it. Is anyone else also waaaaaay more clumsy???   Or maybe I'm just going from clumsy to super clutz!!
  • I get dizzy or lightheaded certain days too....it's like its not consistent. It's always a wave of it. Is anyone else also waaaaaay more clumsy???   Or maybe I'm just going from clumsy to super clutz!!
    Me, from the very beginning I've been clumsy. Dropping everything, tripping over everything, spilling everything. 
  • Numbness in arms and legs, ravenous at all hours of the day, and I can't stop peeing. I feel like a madwoman because I am SO hungry. This feeling didn't hit until 23 weeks last time!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
    *raises hand* 

I've never been a graceful swan, but my clumsiness is out of control right now. Lately I've been uncoordinated and dropping everything, pushing stuff off the counters, stubbing my toes, spilling dried macaroni all over the counter, spilling dog food on the floor, and cursing loudly as a result. I've been trying to keep knives and scissors put away in their proper drawers for this exact reason.

It's funny now, but its seriously not funny in the moment.  :D
  • @BusyZee From what I've read, you'll get uncomfortable sleeping on your bump way sooner than you could hurt baby.

@MrsLa3 I have been having numbness only in my right buttcheek.  It's the weirdest thing!  If I'm driving I have to shift around because it just goes numb out of nowhere and I can't figure out what is causing it.

I also noticed I'm dealing with club hands.  I for some reason clench my hands into fists randomly during the day and especially when I'm sleeping and then my fingers feel swollen and big when I realize this and release them from their crumpled prison.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerils I am definitely with you in the “I’m glad I’m pregnant, but I hate actually being pregnant” camp. I also could never take hormonal BC for the same reasons. I keep hoping that maybe the misery will ease up eventually. I’m probably just fooling myself, but otherwise I’d go crazy waiting until July!

• @abjm0325 Omg I'm so glad to know someone else who's in the same boat. I was thinking I was the only crazy person in misery. I keep fooling myself too, but I'm 17 weeks now. I feel like I'm already running out of second trimester magic time, and it's still not better. I just feel like I wasn't warned by even looking into being pregnant and my parents/MIL/family have never said anything about it. I'm not sure if I'm just miserable because I don't react well to elevated hormones or if everyone is this miserable and no one talks about it/admits it. I also feel like this level of misery can't be normal in a way. It'll be June and I'll still be saying "but it's gonna get better!". Sigh. My husband told me last night that I'll get amnesia and forget how miserable I am, but I can't imagine actually forgetting this awfulness. I didn't move off the couch for 6 weeks straight. How could I forget that? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @kerils I hear you and you are not alone! I have had abdominal pain for the past 10 weeks straight. Not occasional, all the time. I've also had nausea, heartburn, and all that good stuff, but I definitely feel like an unspecial snowflake with all of this pain. I'm a little behind you at 16 weeks, but definitely out of the first trimester when everyone said it would get better. I'm actually going to a chiropractor today as the latest in a string of suggestions from various doctors, so I'll certainly let you know if it winds up being a miracle cure! Feel to message me anytime even if you just need to vent. 
  • @abjm0325 Please do. I have a great chiropractor and if it will help I will gladly pay to go. Feel free to message me too :) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @kerils @abjm0325 I'm right there with you. This baby was very planned for and I thought I was prepared, but I was just not prepared for how awful I've been feeling. I spent several weeks saying "this can't be right, there's no way billions of women have gone through this". Now I think I've accepted that maybe it's worse for me than others and maybe I just handle it worse. I just entered the second trimester so I'm going to keep feeding my delusion that I might feel better soon :) Fingers crossed for magical improvements for all of us!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone else have really cloudy urine..? 
  • Anyone else have really cloudy urine..? 
    That was happening to me in the beginning! Now it's clear 
  • @nktrodden826 Every once in awhile. **TMI**Normally in the morning or after sex, which makes me think it was vaginal discharge getting washed out (I have a full bush). It was never more than once, maybe twice and not normally daily so I never bothered asking my doctor about it. Is yours more frequent than that? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • My nausea is better, but my gag reflex is out of control - I can't keep my mouth closed for too long or I start gagging. Lots of gas, both farting and burping. An annoying pain in my butt cheek when I bend down. Also, a weird thing I've had since week six: every time I lay on my left side, I burp. Like, for a while. Does anyone else have this?
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • STM+ that had a CS (or anyone that's had an epi,) did you have problems with your spinal? 

During my second CS the spinal went in and a little more than half way down it hit a nerve and caused the top part of my left butt check to go numb immediately. It took about 6 months for it to go about way completely but every once in a while if I sit to long it gets numb. It has been numb almost this entire pregnancy. My OB and anesthesiologist said there was nothing that could have made that happen. I know what I felt, it hit something and hurt.