September 2017 Moms
Options

Colds...what's helping?

Ive seen a bunch of people already mention their colds/allergies recently. I'm a few days into a cold now and I'm such a baby about them.

Wondering what everyone is doing to help the colds? I know some of the safe medications to take and some of what not to take. Wanted to see if anyone has any new/different suggestions. 

Re: Colds...what's helping?

• Options
    tiki8286tiki8286 member
    edited January 2017
    Hi! I'm just coming off from a cold - it was a terrible sick weekend for me! What I found super helpful, since I didn't take any meds, was I made a faux tea by putting a slice or two of lemon, a teaspoon of honey and pouring super hot water over it. I'd take my spoon and kind of smooth the lemons so they released their juices. I had maybe 4 or 5 cups per day. My hubby went out and purchased a warm mist humidifier and we had that on most of the night - totally helped!! If your throat is sore, mix a teaspoon of salt with some really hot water, gargle and spit until your cup is empty. I hope you feel better! 
  • Options
    Saline nose spray usually helps my congestion.... I'll tell you what doesn't help: crying. Shocking, I know, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Breathe Right nose strips help congestion a little too.,,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    hot showers, a lot of hot showers to help loosen up congestion. Neti Pot, which is super gross but basically all of pregnancy is one " oh man that's gross" experience to the next so in the grand scheme- not that bad.  Vicks vapo rub on your feet and chest helps too.
  • Options
    Hot showers, warm epsom bath soaks, saline nasal spay with oregano (lifesaving shit), warm comfort foods and teas
  • Options
    Peppermint tea and lemon essential oil in the diffuser. I don't lean over and breathe the vapors it just filters into the room while we sleep which helps a lot at night. Otherwise I'm up half the night coughing.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Tea+Honey, Cool Mist Humidifier, Neti Pot to clear out sinuses, essential oil diffuser, steamy baths/showers, Vicks VapoRub.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!