March 2017 Moms

The Weekly Bitch Fest (1/31)

Re: The Weekly Bitch Fest (1/31)

• So, pretty sure I got some sort of stomach bug?! :( been up the last 6 hours feeling like I could projectile vomit everywhere but nothing happens. Although I've been non stop going #2. Called the midwife to see if I need to see my regular dr or just wait it out at home or go to the maternity hospital. She said I can GP if I want, but told me not to go in there in case get the other women sick. Which I kind of get... but on the other hand being 33 weeks pregnant and bending over the toilet and not really being able to drink water sucks!! And this little guy needs to really stop kicking my stomach. He's definitely not helping either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @npaulie oh no!! That sucks. I'd say if you can't keep water or anything in you should probably just head to the hospital at some point so you don't get dehydrated, which could cause pre-term labor. :(
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @npaulie oh no!! Definitely head to the doctor if it doesn't get better in the coming hours! Prayers you feel better soon!
  • I'm so annoyed with the mortgage company and this whole process on closing on our house. I get that after the housing crash in 2008 they want to check, double check, and re-check again to make sure that you can actually afford your future home, but Jesus H they're making this so darn difficult! Our closing date is Feb 17th and they're hung up on the details of my maternity leave. I'll be leaving this job in a couple of weeks, going on leave, and then returning to work at another hospital that's within the same hospital system as the one that I'm currently at. They need to know every facet of my leave and as of now, the last thing they need is a verbal confirmation from HR that I'm eligible to return to work. That wouldn't be such a big deal if HR wasn't almost impossible to get a hold of. I HATE dealing with our HR department. They're so slow to respond to things and I learned from my good friend who's an admin assistant for one of the hospital executives that the HR girls will put fake appointments on their calendars so they're not bothered. That pisses me off! I've sent the mortgage company all types of info about our leave policies, short term disability info, how much I'll get paid while gone, when I'm returning, and blah blah blah, but for some reason they also need this verbal confirmation. Like, what part of my hospital qualifies for FMLA are they not understanding?! I have job protection, yes I'm eligible to return to work after my leave is over. I just want this to end so we can confirm that we're for sure closing in 3 weeks. Our closing date is already too close to my due date for my liking and this whole situation is stressing me out!
  • I'm currently training a temp to do my job while I'm on maternity leave. I'm already 95% sure that I will be coming back to a complete mess. Plus, it's supposed to be close to 70* here today and I just don't want to be at work...or training this person in general. 
    Same boat sister! What shit show will I walk into post leave. One can only
    imagine.::
  • @kiyamurph dealing with the mortgage companies is the WORST. I can't imagine dealing with that while 8 months pregnant. My hat is off to you. 

Ours ended up sending our mortgage paperwork back 3x because my husband has AWFUL handwriting and some of the things he dated (you know, you have to sign and date a billion papers) looked like he dated 2013, but we bought the house in 2015.  :| the third time, I ended up dating them because I didn't want to see that freaking paperwork appear in my mailbox one more time. 
  • I'm currently training a temp to do my job while I'm on maternity leave. I'm already 95% sure that I will be coming back to a complete mess. Plus, it's supposed to be close to 70* here today and I just don't want to be at work...or training this person in general. 
    Same boat sister! What shit show will I walk into post leave. One can only
    imagine.::
    Same. This is exactly what I'm doing and how I'm feeling today.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @direwolfmini ouch! so much for equality for women.
  • @disneybaby84 Part of this is my issue. 

I could very easily just apply, say I'm 100% for sure coming back, get the promotion and raise, and then make my decision about leave later. I just don't feel morally OK doing that. Most of the people I work with I am very close with and I can't see doing that to them. Maybe I need to be more ruthless?
  • @direwolfmini I understand, doing the right thing is hard and well if you were to ever return to working, you would want a good recommendation from this job. 
    In the same exact boat except I'm 99% sure
  • DH ate the flatbread pizza I was gonna eat for dinner. Note: I asked him to pick out his own flatbread knowing that he would do this :neutral:
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @mecoats That's grounds for a divorce. You don't eat the pregnant lady's dinner!
  • @kiyamurph trust me I yelled a lot and then cried when I had to eat what I didn't want.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • kiyamurph said:
    I'm so annoyed with the mortgage company and this whole process on closing on our house. I get that after the housing crash in 2008 they want to check, double check, and re-check again to make sure that you can actually afford your future home, but Jesus H they're making this so darn difficult! Our closing date is Feb 17th and they're hung up on the details of my maternity leave. I'll be leaving this job in a couple of weeks, going on leave, and then returning to work at another hospital that's within the same hospital system as the one that I'm currently at. They need to know every facet of my leave and as of now, the last thing they need is a verbal confirmation from HR that I'm eligible to return to work. That wouldn't be such a big deal if HR wasn't almost impossible to get a hold of. I HATE dealing with our HR department. They're so slow to respond to things and I learned from my good friend who's an admin assistant for one of the hospital executives that the HR girls will put fake appointments on their calendars so they're not bothered. That pisses me off! I've sent the mortgage company all types of info about our leave policies, short term disability info, how much I'll get paid while gone, when I'm returning, and blah blah blah, but for some reason they also need this verbal confirmation. Like, what part of my hospital qualifies for FMLA are they not understanding?! I have job protection, yes I'm eligible to return to work after my leave is over. I just want this to end so we can confirm that we're for sure closing in 3 weeks. Our closing date is already too close to my due date for my liking and this whole situation is stressing me out!
    Wow. That is Cray Cray. We took posession of our house 3 weeks before my son's due date (one week before he was born) and had none of that run around. They didn't ask for any confirmation from HR....I even went back part time in the fall which they never even knew was going to happen because they never asked :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm leaving plans for my long term sub. I'm freak8my out that I won't be done in time, and also worried that it will be a total cluster like my last leave (my sub was a perfectly competent teacher but just not equipped tI deal with my schools unique population of students...I'm still hearing about how his anxiety was through the roof all the time even though I left THE BEST PLANS EVER as confirmed by everyone who saw them)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kiyamurph said:
    I'm so annoyed with the mortgage company and this whole process on closing on our house. I get that after the housing crash in 2008 they want to check, double check, and re-check again to make sure that you can actually afford your future home, but Jesus H they're making this so darn difficult! Our closing date is Feb 17th and they're hung up on the details of my maternity leave. I'll be leaving this job in a couple of weeks, going on leave, and then returning to work at another hospital that's within the same hospital system as the one that I'm currently at. They need to know every facet of my leave and as of now, the last thing they need is a verbal confirmation from HR that I'm eligible to return to work. That wouldn't be such a big deal if HR wasn't almost impossible to get a hold of. I HATE dealing with our HR department. They're so slow to respond to things and I learned from my good friend who's an admin assistant for one of the hospital executives that the HR girls will put fake appointments on their calendars so they're not bothered. That pisses me off! I've sent the mortgage company all types of info about our leave policies, short term disability info, how much I'll get paid while gone, when I'm returning, and blah blah blah, but for some reason they also need this verbal confirmation. Like, what part of my hospital qualifies for FMLA are they not understanding?! I have job protection, yes I'm eligible to return to work after my leave is over. I just want this to end so we can confirm that we're for sure closing in 3 weeks. Our closing date is already too close to my due date for my liking and this whole situation is stressing me out!
    Wow. That is Cray Cray. We took posession of our house 3 weeks before my son's due date (one week before he was born) and had none of that run around. They didn't ask for any confirmation from HR....I even went back part time in the fall which they never even knew was going to happen because they never asked :)
    I'm sorry you're going through this! Hopefully it'll be done soon!  We had numerous issues with our paperwork too--ended up closing the same day my doc decided I needed to go in for an induction with DD! My family and in-laws moved us in while I was in labor. Haha. One way or another you'll get it all done and have a lovely new home!
  • Finally called my insurance company, waited on hold for 25 minutes just to find out they cover a whopping $30 for breast pumps. I truly detest our insurance, it's not like we have the lowest plan available. Whatever happened to BCBS being good?
  • @longliveregina Good luck!! I just met my long-term sub today and we went over all my plans... she was thankful that they were thorough and organized. She seems a little behind on technology things but otherwise will be great with my students. I feel much more prepared to disappear soon for 12 weeks. I hope you get a burst of energy to finish the plans and hope that your sub is amazeballs! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Yeah @samm1225 we hadn't the same issue with BCBS in our state of, our plan wasn't "grandfathered in" so they'd wouldn't cover any of the breast pump. DIdnt even try again for this one since I bought one with dd anyways.

On another note I am over this being huge, hurting, and the hemorrhoids. These last few weeks are going to dragggggg on.
  • Being uncomfortable 24/7 is getting old awfully quick...I can't even get comfortable enough to fall asleep anymore. Also, is fire nipples a thing? Cause that's what it feels like is going on!  :s Every part of my body hurts!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• OBGYN put me on some blood pressure medication in December.  I was taking it twice daily, so getting 60 pills a month, but she increased it to three times daily.  Went to pick up my prescription today, which is now 90 pills, and somehow that QUADUPLED the price of the medication.  The same medication, still the generic, but now four times the price for getting just 33% more of the medication.  The kid at the pharmacy said that I might need to meet an insurance deductible before it'll go back down to the regular price, but I personally have never, ever heard of such a thing before, and I have been on prescribed medications since I was twelve and on my own insurance since right after college, so I'm not sure if that is even a thing.

Also, I am currently at work, was wearing one of the really comfy and flattering maternity tops that my mom bought for me, and threw up all over myself.  The only other shirt I had available?  My gym clothes.  My overnight job frequently involves me seeing no other humans all shift except for my boss in the morning, but of course tonight would be the night that, right after changing shirts, a client needs to come into the office...

Also, SAD is hitting me hard right now.  Talked to my OBGYN about it today and since I'm into my third trimester, there's nothing safe to take.  She recommended counseling but I've had really bad experiences with that in the past.  Bleh.

• @mmaru I know people who were really helped by the light boxes. I live in New England and SAD is really common here. Also, if at all possible, try to get outside for a walk when it's light out. The combination of natural light and exercise can make a huge difference.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @npaulie @RunBooRun I've been dealing with it since I was about twelve - tried the light treatment when I was younger but it didn't help.  Kind of ran a whole gamut of treatments over the years.  It's just something that I try to power through, and go on medication when it gets to the point where I can't handle it on my own.  Upside, in recent years, I've taken up geocaching, which gets me outside and moving even in the winter, so that does help! 
  • Uuuugh my sons school is closed today, latchkey is closed, and my mom lives an hour and a half away so I don't want her driving on icy rds to get here. And I have a work meeting at 9 am....
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @npaulie & @mmaru I have been taking Vit D my whole pregnancy.  It was prescribed by the RE.  No one has expressed any concern about it.  Obvi I'm not a doctor so best to confirm with yours but supplemental D definitely wouldn't hurt to try.  So many people are deficient and don't even know it.  DH was too & 2 of our closest friends
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MMaru I am also a mental health therapist. I have not treated SAD, however, I have treated depression and I too am a pregnant lady and have been dealing with my emotions that comes with the change in hormones.  The vitamin D recommendations sound good, I would also encourage you to find little things that cheer you up, that you can do pregnant, like painting your nails, watching a favorite movie or tv show,  maybe buying something for you that you can use now or look forward to once  pregnancy is over. Also aromatherapy is not a bad idea unless it causes nausea, you might want your favorite essential oils or scented candle.  It's the little happy things, that bring a bright spot. 
  • Sorry @MMaru that really stinks that it went up so much. I work in a retail pharmacy though and I have to say it's super common to have deductibles to have to satisfy come first of the year, especially if you have a high deductible/HSA plan. Is it a tablet maybe where you could do half tablets of a higher strength to get to the correct dosage? 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH invited one of his coworkers to our baby shower today and his coworker responded with these exact words: "no thanks, I have better sh*t to do." totally at a loss for words but I appreciate his honesty at least. My husband isn't very popular among his coworkers so I can kinda understand I guess but thats still really rude! Especially to say to someone who has just offered to feed you, provide cake, and a general good time for free! :neutral:
  • @silverbulletband maybe with that attitude it's a good thing he's not coming.
  • @disneybaby84 oh yes, he isn't my friend so I'm not overly fussed about him not coming. Just feel bad for my husband haha and mightily surprised by the response. Usually you get an "oh, er, sorry I'll be sick that day" or "we'll be out of town" instead of a blatant "eff you" haha 
  • @disneybaby84 classic manipulator move, "a friend told me if I offered to help you". It sure sounds like she has zero intentions of actually helping, she just wants it to look like she would. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I'm glad that your husband is supportive and in agreement with you!

@silverbulletband I think that baby showers scare guys, even if they are coed. I had to basically beg my husband to come to ours!
  • @kap1988 I tell people that we aren't sharing the name until after he's born. Which is true... but it makes them stop asking 
    Pregnancy Ticker