June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/30

DS woke up with a low grade fever today.  I could probably send him to daycare (it was 99.7), but I'm taking the day off so I don't have to deal with the inevitable phone call at 11am to come pick him up.  He's been fighting off a cold for about a week an a half now, I guess it's finally crossed into that full sick.

I'm not even remotely upset that I have to miss work.  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/30

• Options
    This was on my time hop and I thought it was appropriate to share, it's pregnancy in gifs. It's old, so some gifs are missing, but I still chuckled.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3195489 
  • Options
    I definitely sat in my car this morning contemplating if I really needed to keep this job. Good thing DH was on the phone because I seriously considered quitting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if my stomach troubles are pregnancy related.  If not, I just started round 3 of the stomach bug.  No wonder I can't gain any weight this pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 I keep having stomach troubles too, keep thinking I am getting/or have the stomach bug that is always going around.  I asked my doctor last week if this was normal in pregnancy, and she said "no that my body would correct itself."  But umm... so far, it hasn't.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13, gosh, that lottery and daydream sound glorious. Exactly what I would do too, minus law school.
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC I feel like I am on a cycle of every 2-3 weeks.  Right after Christmas, mlk weekend, today.  I'm over it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 Sorry you're not feeling well.... stomach troubles are the worst.  And I'm all for that lottery dream...I never buy a ticket though!

Question for those of you with LOs in daycare. Does your provider take credit cards? We put everything on credit to get travel points and pay it off each month, and I just found out that one of my top choices only does check or money order... is that normal? Should I give up on my dream of racking up points? I am touring my other top choice today at lunch so I will compare. 
  • Options
    When I used a home daycare it was check/money order only.  We now use a center (but won't for this LO until he/she is older) and I can pay the center with a credit card.  I pay online every week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MKRLTX We can pay with check, debit or credit card.

Question for you ladies -  I have not had morning sickness AT ALL this entire pregnancy, I am now 17 weeks as of yesterday, and felt nauseous on Saturday, then just now, I almost lost it and threw up... but somehow managed to keep it in...  Have yall ever heard of morning sickness later???  This seems really odd to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MKRLTX we pay by credit card and rack up the points.
  • Options
    mombod said:
    @MKRLTX we pay by credit card and rack up the points.

This, us too.  I think they do charge us a $3 "fee" every time we use the card, but we pay for a month at a time and have 1% cash back with the card so the fee is outweighed pretty quickly.

My personal CC is a travel point based card but our joint card is just pure cash back.  I used those travel points ALL THE TIME before DD was born (including flying to Europe 3 separate times in business class for free - my old job required a lot of travel and we were allowed to put it on our personal cards and get reimbursed for cost, so the points racked up pretty fast), but now they just accumulate while I look at them sadly, saying "i'll use you again some day!!"  haha.  I won't use them unless it's for something that would otherwise be crazy expensive - like flying business or first class overseas.  Which is something I couldn't imagine having to do with DD, considering that she loses her shit on the 75 minute flights up north to visit our parents.  :-)

• Options
    @EmeraldNC I had something similar during my first pregnancy - so not totally unheard of! (Are you having any reflux / heartburn? That can also mess with your gag reflex, I've found.)
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @c1tym0m22  Yes, reflux and heartburn.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 count me on the keep kids home with a low fever train.  Not wanting to get other kids at daycare sick aside, I don't understand why some parents think trying to sneak the kid in there is going to help them in the long run. Putting the kid in daycare sick accomplishes nothing in avoiding taking excess time off from work.  Why?  Well lets see because once the teachers noticed LO is off/feels warm, the thermometer comes out.  At our daycare facility (and most near us), once a fever is registered the child needs to be taken home and kept home for 24 hours until the fever is gone.  Essentially if my kid gets the boot at 11am today, they can't go in tomorrow either.  So not only do you still need to end up taking the day off work after making your way through traffic, you then have to take the next day off or scramble for a backup option.  Nine times out of 10 my kids get a 24 low grade fever and are solid the next day.  
  • Options
    EmeraldNC said:
    @c1tym0m22  Yes, reflux and heartburn.

I'd guess that it's more about reflux/heartburn causing the near-vomiting than morning sickness - a quick google does show that's frequently the case. Might be worth asking your doc about getting the reflux better controlled if you haven't already! (And feel better - I know from experience that the reflux is terrible; spent a few months on Nexium after literally nothing else worked when I was pregnant with DD.)
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    MKRLTX said:
    @awillis13 Sorry you're not feeling well.... stomach troubles are the worst.  And I'm all for that lottery dream...I never buy a ticket though!

Question for those of you with LOs in daycare. Does your provider take credit cards? We put everything on credit to get travel points and pay it off each month, and I just found out that one of my top choices only does check or money order... is that normal? Should I give up on my dream of racking up points? I am touring my other top choice today at lunch so I will compare. 
    @MKRLTXOurs does cash or check. I wish we could get use our credit card!
  • Options
    Winning the lottery would be super helpful right now. We settle on a house on 2/28. Our county offers a first time home buyer grant that we have been in the process of getting for about 3 months now. We found out late last week that we actually might make too much money to qualify for it. Also, my DF is a teacher and I am a full time unpaid intern in grad school- so it's outrageous that we might make to much money to get it. And if we don't get it, we can't afford to buy the house :(  We are waiting on the final verdict this week.

• Options
    Yall.... (I know you have heard me complain about this before, and I apologize.... BUT) I can NOT do my job anymore.  I just can't.  The kids aggravate me so badly.  The constant talking, disrespect, having to repeat myself OVER and OVER and OVER.  I am praying it is just the pregnancy hormones because REALLY... what else can a teacher do for a job???  I do have a degree in Psychology too... maybe I should look into something along those lines.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC I don't think it's unheard of to have morning sickness at this point. With everything moving to make room for baby, and continued hormone shifts, it can happen at any point. 
  • Options
    Guys, I am so over my job, it is unreal.   I'm applying for another position in the same company, but I have no idea if it'll be any better.  I have no idea what I want to be "when I grow up", which is the real problem.  I want to stay at this company because a) they're actually a great company to work for, and b) they have a good adoption reimbursement policy that will help pay back all the funds we've spent on the adoption.  I'm with you ladies, I also really  need to win the lottery.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    @krex I posted something similar earlier... I hear you loud and clear!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC I'm wishing I could get out of education.  Between the kids (although this year I'm not working directly with kids), and the crazy regulations and evaluation procedures now, its getting to be insane.  But I'm 10 years in, and have a hard time walking away from the pension.  I mean, I still have 25 years before I can retire, but I can retire with 80% of the average of my last 3 years salary for the rest of my life at that point, with decent health insurance included.  But 25 years is sooo long.  I feel like if I'm going to do something in terms of career change, I need to sh*t or get off the pot, ya know?  I just can't imagine I'm going to make $75k somewhere else, while still having summers off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 If I was making $75K with summers off, I'd suck it up.  NC is one of the worst paying states for teachers.  This is my 9th year, and I am so over it.  9 years in and I am only making $39K before taxes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    @krex that's amazing that they will reimburse for all of your adoption expenses!  That's a really great thing for your company to do!
    Oh, not all!  But definitely some, which is better than none, so I'll take what I can get!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    I'm a vet tech and my office manager recently moved me to boarding. Which really fvcking sucks, that means I have to do baths. When I was in treatment I had to them but not necessary, now I either have to lean over the giant tub which hurts my belly or go outside and it's cold. It will warm up in the afternoons but this really sucks.

We just built a new huge clinic right beside us and we're suppose to be over there starting monday. If I'm in the back doing fvcking baths and BS I'm going on maternity leave early and it's not going to hurt my feelings. I don't plan on being there forever anyway. 

I've been here for 6 months and only worked reception and treatment so I don't understand the sudden change. 
  • Options
    awillis13awillis13 member
    edited January 2017
    @EmeraldNC, that is with a Masters +15 credits towards a CaGS degree.  And yet cost of living is so high up here I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water, especially with $1000+ going to daycare, and that will only go up next year with baby (it doesn't help that 11% is taken for pension, plus union dues, plus health insurance, etc.  My take home is about 1/2 of my gross).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Disney is exhausting in general.  But being almost 23 weeks pregnant is seriously kicking my butt.  I love being here, but I am actually looking forward to home tomorrow just so I don't have to walk so much.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @FSUNole31 That does not make me feel excited about our trip to Disney in April.  I will be 29 weeks when we are there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have to pee 4,586,289 times a day now... morning - throughout the night.  

I did not have this with my first pregnancy........ IT. IS. ANNOYING.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am home from work today with sick kid, and have spent my entire day rescheduling meetings for work because I got half a dozen emails from parents needing to change meeting times.  Easily my least favorite part of my job.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 I have done Disney before pregnant with my daughter, but maybe it is the combination of dealing with two kids and all the walking this time??  I don't know.  I am sure you will have a great time!  Just listen to your body and drink a ton of water!  I have been drinking way more water today and resting when needed instead of the go go go and it has helped.  I also have been making my husband push the stroller up all hills!   ;)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    @EmeraldNC I feel you. I taught until the end of last school year. Now I am a sahm. If I go back to work in a few years, I have no idea what i am going to do, but  don't think it will be teaching. Maybe I'll go back to school for something else...
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 we will have 2 kids (5 and 4) when we go.  I already plan on seriously upping my water intake while we are there (because it will be a lot warmer than home and from all the walking).  We'll be down for a week, with DH's entire family (11 adults and 8 kids) so I'm sure we will have other help with our boys.  Plus we are renting a house with a pool, so that is where you will find me when we are not at the park...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I go to Disney frequently (I have a time share) but the only time I've gone pregnant I was only 7 weeks.  I'm going in September actually...DD will be 27 months, and then i'll have this munchkin.  I decided after bringing DD when she was 8 months that it would be easier with a non-mobile baby, especially one that is (presumably) still EBF.  DD didn't like being in the stroller for too long at 8 months, and feeding her was a semi-nightmare.  All of the parks have nice Mothers' Rooms now, so I'm going to strap the baby in a carrier and enjoy my week vacation (i'll still be on maternity leave, so I don't even need to use vacation time!)

Plus DD is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now so she is going to just be so excited, I'm pumped to see her reactions to everything.  I'll gladly respond to Disney questions by PM or if we want to start a thread about it, I'm game.  I am there A LOT.  I'm very excited to be able to drink this time, since the Food and Wine festival will be going on.  That was the biggest bummer about going when I was pregnant.

• Options
    @delujm0 I am a Disney fanatic.  We have annual passes and I believe @Mother0fDragons does as well.  I love talking Disney too so if anyone does have questions and wants to start a thread we have a few of us it seems who may have some good knowledge!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14