July 2017 Moms

FFFC

Confess, my pretties!

Re: FFFC

• @kerils I get it. I'm a pretty even-tempered person, but I get so mad when people are jerks while driving. On my morning commute, I take two different interstate highways and there's always a backup on the ramp at the junction between the two. People just don't know how to merge, but that's a totally different story. What REALLY pisses me off is people who will drive on the shoulder to pass all these cars backed up on the ramp and then squeeze in just in time to merge. IN WHAT WORLD IS THIS OK???? I always try not to let those people merge back in front of me. 

Or if there's a backup on the interstate because of a car accident, people will just start driving on the shoulder. And then if they can't get through on that side there just ends up being another whole lane of traffic on the shoulder, and then emergency vehicles can't get through. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I got super annoyed with my coworker yesterday when we were driving back from training. I offered to drop her off at her house. Come to find out, it's 30 minutes in the opposite direction we were traveling. I found this out when she said "That was our exit" AS WE'RE PASSING THE FLIPPING EXIT. It was not my responsibility to ask you for directions to your house. Ok, fine, I got off at the next exit and because I knew how to get the back way to the general area she lives, I wasn't paying attention to the directions. She then would say "Go this way"...as I was already on the turn. (This is the same person this week who wouldn't eat anything not beige.)

I'm looking forward to adult company...
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I miss work, so much.  I'm really looking forward to going back after we have our baby.  Like, it's my favorite day dream.  I'm so bored.  I don't know how stay at homes moms do this.  Hats off to them.
  • @PurplePoppy424, I had a "nurse advocate" that did that when I hurt my knee at work a few years ago.  She was so annoying, I just stopped answering the phone when she called me.  She was ridiculous.  It was like 6 weeks before my wedding and she called me Every. Single. Day.  Then later I find out she was supposed to be my advocate not the companies.  I never got the impression at all.  Sorry you have deal with that nonsense.
  • @AdaByron I don't let them in either. And shoulders drivers are the seriously idiotic. They just don't think about anyone but themselves. 

@oheliza44 Me too. Stop continually calling me unless there is an actual emergency. There's a really good chance I can't take your call right this second. Reminds me of when my mom did this too me recently. She was doing something nice for me, but still. I had asked her to go to the grocery store because I had a wicked headache and I knew she would pass it on her way home, and she kept calling me to "confirm" that what I wrote down (with brands and number of items and size and everything) was what I wanted. Which was fine except that the one time she called me I was trying to look something up FOR her and I couldn't because she wouldn't stop calling. I also had a bad headache so the phone constantly ringing wasn't helping. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @Itsnotyourturn I get it! I like coming to work too and hate being bored. Are you on bed rest? Wishing you good health. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I miss work, so much.  I'm really looking forward to going back after we have our baby.  Like, it's my favorite day dream.  I'm so bored.  I don't know how stay at homes moms do this.  Hats off to them.
    I get it. Why are you off work at this point? Sorry if I missed that story somewhere.

I am a teacher, and every year in August I'm always so excited to get back to work. Even the year my son was born. I started sending him to daycare August 1 when he was 10 weeks old (we had to pay for a whole month at a time anyway) so that I could start working on lesson plans. I'd go nuts as a SAHM.
  • I stayed in a hotel the other day with a hot tub, but I didn't go in mostly because I was too lazy to leave my room.

I'm having DH refill our hot tub as we speak. I'm not even all that achy yet, but it's been about a year since I've been in it because we spent so long TTC. I figure since we've already had the a/s, I'm probably not going to cook baby at this point! I'm also 100% over winter!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I stayed in a hotel the other day with a hot tub, but I didn't go in mostly because I was too lazy to leave my room.

I'm having DH refill our hot tub as we speak. I'm not even all that achy yet, but it's been about a year since I've been in it because we spent so long TTC. I figure since we've already had the a/s, I'm probably not going to cook baby at this point! I'm also 100% over winter!
    Jealous :) We're currently shopping for a hot tub. Work on our deck/patio is happening currently, and we'll hopefully be installing a hot tub as soon as it's done. But between this and the swing set, it's going to torture me having all this stuff in the back yard and probably not being able to use it until spring.
  • @kerils My FFFC is that I'm usually the one tailgating the car in front of me. I have calmed down since getting pregnant, but nothing riles me up quite like a slow driver that I can't pass. I'm not proud of my road rage, and I'm definitely not saying 5-10 over the speed limit is too slow and that I would be tailgating you, but I find it so inconsiderate when slow drivers are in the passing lane. What if the driver trying to pass is late to a meeting or (less likely but still possible) in an emergency situation?

For my part, I do try to remind myself (and my husband when he's driving) that the slow car in front of us could be an overtired or distracted parent with kids in the backseat, and that helps me put it in perspective. 

@AdaByron Oh it is never okay to be that asshole unless you are dealing with an emergency (labor?!)! That gets me so angry. I am all about obeying the rules of the road, and I HATE when people pull stuff like that.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • plumpous said:
    I thought hot tubs were unsafe during pregnancy? No judgment just asking 
    Yeah, there's some risk in raising your body temperature. I don't think it's so much a risk to the baby, but the mother may start to feel faint. You definitely shouldn't be in there for extended periods of time, but if you can control the temp and use it for short periods of time, then I personally would give it a shot. 
  • plumpous said:
    I thought hot tubs were unsafe during pregnancy? No judgment just asking 
    There is risk of neural tube defects by an elevated body temperature early in pregnancy, which is why I abstained through 10 months of two week waits and all of the first trimester. The temp can also damage sperm so the weeks I was allowed in the hot tub, DH was not! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
    Idk about you, but I stay pretty busy with caring for my toddler, chasing him everywhere, making meals and regular cleaning (lots of dog hair) along with cleaning up after him.
  • FFFC I am thinking of cutting early today. My department is going to be at an event from 2. I was invited but it's not really for me. Since it's Friday I think I'll cut myself some slack. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Idk about you, but I stay pretty busy with caring for my toddler, chasing him everywhere, making meals and regular cleaning (lots of dog hair) along with cleaning up after him.
    Yeah, I don't have time to be bored. There are always 100 things that need done! BUT I will say, it's not 'mentally challenging work' as a SAHM. I love deep conversations with peers on topics I enjoy and putting pen to paper. There isn't too much of that with my 16 month old, but I get it from friends/family/husband. And I read up before bed on subjects that interest me that are NOT baby related. Went through a brief obsession with Continental drift. 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    I miss work, so much.  I'm really looking forward to going back after we have our baby.  Like, it's my favorite day dream.  I'm so bored.  I don't know how stay at homes moms do this.  Hats off to them.
    Yeah, I don't have time to be bored. There are always 100 things that need done! BUT I will say, it's not 'mentally challenging work' as a SAHM. I love deep conversations with peers on topics I enjoy and putting pen to paper. There isn't too much of that with my 16 month old, but I get it from friends/family/husband. And I read up before bed on subjects that interest me that are NOT baby related. Went through a brief obsession with Continental drift. 
    Are you Sept 15 mom? Yeah I kind of get that, but that is what I have friends for, mental stimulation. Sometimes there's so much crap to do, I am just like "nah, Kid and I should just netflix and chill" but then I decide to adult because 100 things to do will turn into 200 in the span of a day haha. I do tend to have a show going in the background though, one that I can kinda watch while doing laundry or listen to during other chores.
  • LoveLee85 said:
    I miss work, so much.  I'm really looking forward to going back after we have our baby.  Like, it's my favorite day dream.  I'm so bored.  I don't know how stay at homes moms do this.  Hats off to them.
    Are you Sept 15 mom? Yeah I kind of get that, but that is what I have friends for, mental stimulation. Sometimes there's so much crap to do, I am just like "nah, Kid and I should just netflix and chill" but then I decide to adult because 100 things to do will turn into 200 in the span of a day haha. I do tend to have a show going in the background though, one that I can kinda watch while doing laundry or listen to during other chores.
    Yes, I am a S15 mom. I was super active from 4 weeks on. Are you? Well, that's why I said it's not mentally challenging work and I get that fulfillment from friends/family/husband/educational readings. It's just easy to be technically bored but be busy nonstop, I guess?! I never thought about that very much but doing the same thing over and over IS boring to me. 
  • edited January 2017
    @LoveLee85 yep, I am. Was not super active on the bump, because in real life I was. It may depend on the kid. My son is a firecracker and always busy. Them little leggies just go all day unless he is sleeping. He is very active and very intelligent and inquisitive. Is happy for the most part, but really just lively and always doing something new. I do not even get time to read books, which I really miss. So I find that I rarely get bored. Unless I am folding laundry. I hate laundry. It is so monotonous.

But, ever since I was around 4, I knew this was what I meant to do. And I married a man who likes having a wif who stays home, so it works for me. However, I look forward to going back to work when the kids are in school. I LOVE meeting new and interesting people. The only thing that I do not love about my profession is that often you have a 1099, so taxes tend to be higher than a w2 or w4. You do have the option to send in your taxes quarterly so you aren't forking over 20,000 in taxes all at once, but I tend to forget to do that, so it makes that time of year really stressful for me. I much prefer a w2 or 4.
  • edited January 2017
    @AdaByron, Due to the nature of my job (we don't have light duty, and we regularly have to lift up to 100 lbs, push and pull up to 300 lbs and work some crazy hours with reduced rest) you can go on maternity leave as soon as you turn a test.  Your doctor just has to send documentation to the company that handles our absences and communicates that to my employer.  No matter what you have to go on maternity leave at 26 weeks.  

Because im 36, and *tw* have had past losses I went out as soon as I found out.  Luckily I pay OOP for disability insurance so I still get paid at 60%.  In better news we just got a memo that after baby is born we get 6-9 weeks of maternity leave paid at 100% yesterday.  The time varies if you have a vaginal or cs.  

I really love my job.  Dh thinks I won't go back, and I'm not saying it will be easy but I definitely can't stay home all the time.  

@CarsonsMommy, I have no children currently.  It's been a long road to get here, which is why I went out so soon.  The cats think I'm a nutjob since I talk to them all day though,  so there's that. ETA:  in no way did I mean being a stay home would be boring.  I'm a wanderer though.  Being in my house all day drives me up the wall.  I also have ADD which is currently unmedicated due to pregnancy so that is probably a huge contributor to my feels.

@plumpous, no bed rest just desperate to get this baby to term.  I mentioned above *tw* I've had past losses and for me, at this age, this is probably it.  My work environment is unique, very strenuous, and we don't have light duty.  They are very flexible on letting you go on maternity leave early if you want, and make you go out at 26 weeks.
  • @CarsonsMommy Being a stay at home mom is hard work, but also such a blessing! I can't do it at this point in my life because I'm just too invested in my business, and like you said, someday these kiddos will be in school and I want my own life. But when you can do it and you enjoy doing it, I think it's a wonderful thing for you and your kiddos. I can't believe we have so many Sep15 moms here! 
  • Damn @Itsnotyourturn. I wish more jobs with strenuous work loads were more understanding like yours. Management gives you death glares if you even think to go out before you deliver, aside from medical emergencies. And any day you go out early eats at your time after delivery with baby. It gets really challenging to be on my feet for 12 hours multiple days in a row. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • My fffc is that I am tired of my toddler crawling all over me and kneeing/elbowing/kicking me in my tummy, ribs and uterus. He also likes to try to ride me like a horse and bounce on my tummy. I have strong abs, but hubby definately got scared last night. And let's be honest, getting kicked in the uterus hurts.

ETA spell check, go F yourself. And he only does this when he is tired.
    I was just thinking this yesterday! It was funny at first then annoying before actually being concerned. Dd was not happy when I made her get off me. 
  • @dancegurl1118, I thank my lucky stars for my employer and job, and I really love them both.  We do have a very large work group (20,000 ish). So the staffing is allotted for a certain amount of us to be on leave. 
  • @mrscate88 agree. This is what I was cut out for. And I recognize that I am so blessed to have this opportunity, and I hope that you get it as well. How many kids do you plan on having? Although I recognize that a business is basically your baby too ;) I have been there, and it is so awesome to watch something you helped to raise from the ground up grow and expand. But for now, I am just watching him change everyday and taking it all in.

@alcrimmins I just try to move him up towards my ribcage, although that won't do for too much longer. Hopefully as things progress, the little ones will begin to recognize that as mommy's tummy get bigger, you have to be gentle. Might make it more concrete, idk. It is hard communicating with a one year old :smiley:
  • Seriously September 15 moms were busy in October/November haha. I feel like a bit of a fraudulent sept 15 mom though since my daughter came mid August--my due date was sept 9th but baby girl didn't want to wait. I'm hoping this baby is actually a July baby since I'm due end of the month. 

Anyway, my FFFC: some days (like today), I really hate being a SAHM. My daughter woke up early. And with my insomnia the last 2 days--plus a cold, I have not been getting enough sleep, and I'm definitely struggling to be a good mom today. My dumb stuffy nose couldn't even smell that my daughter pooped this morning and by the time I went to change her she was all red. Bah. Mom guilt. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• *hugs* @yellow1daisy, that sounds brutal
  • GUISE there is a tell me my babies sex post, and the poster has already posted the same thing before, here, a few weeks ago.  My mind is blown.
  • @Itsnotyourturn This is the first time I've thought it really might be a June '17 troll. I kind of hope it isn't though because then I get to sit here and be baffled by how on earth this happens with a genuine poster.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • @lph4248, I thought the same thing.  It's interesting they would enjoy this nonsense so much they would be willing to risk an IP ban.  To each their own I suppose...
  • @LoveLee85 yep, I am. Was not super active on the bump, because in real life I was. It may depend on the kid. My son is a firecracker and always busy. Them little leggies just go all day unless he is sleeping. He is very active and very intelligent and inquisitive. Is happy for the most part, but really just lively and always doing something new. I do not even get time to read books, which I really miss. So I find that I rarely get bored. Unless I am folding laundry. I hate laundry. It is so monotonous.

But, ever since I was around 4, I knew this was what I meant to do. And I married a man who likes having a wif who stays home, so it works for me. However, I look forward to going back to work when the kids are in school. I LOVE meeting new and interesting people. The only thing that I do not love about my profession is that often you have a 1099, so taxes tend to be higher than a w2 or w4. You do have the option to send in your taxes quarterly so you aren't forking over 20,000 in taxes all at once, but I tend to forget to do that, so it makes that time of year really stressful for me. I much prefer a w2 or 4.
    I was super active before baby in S15, after I popped in at least once a week! Laundry is the worst. If I had a super power I'm pretty sure it would be making my laundry wash, dry and put itself away!! Or fly. HAHAH That's how much I hate laundry. 
  • I feel tremendous guilt for working and seriously debated leaving my tenured faculty position with my first baby.  There are very few women in my position and I feel some sort of guilt for women as a whole for even considering leaving.  (Like WTF self!). I had spent many years building a large successful research program and literally couldn't give a f*ck about work once baby was here and needed me.  Scary!  As academia was such a core part of my identity for such a long time (got pregnant at 37) - this was a serious crisis for me.  I wish I could stay home - somehow I'm more old fashioned than I knew - when all is said and done I think home with baby is where I 'should' be.  That being said, being at home is not as intellectually fulfilling and stimulating for obvious reasons.  It's all so hard really...  I still struggle with this every day - hubby thinks I should sort it out with a therapist but I assume that lots of other moms have this struggle too.

@yellow1daisy ugh! Sorry you are having such a crappy day!

@CarsonsMommy I'm having the same problem!  My toddler never used to do this.  All of a sudden it's like he's trying to knee my uterus on purpose - what is up with that!