September 2017 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self Is Crying 1/26

Re: Why My Pregnant Self Is Crying 1/26

• Bawled my EYES OUT watching the light between oceans. Holy crap. Like heaving sobs, ugly crying. Extremely difficult movie to watch! *****TW***** There were two absolutely heartbreaking MC scenes. 
    I bought the book and I'm not sure I can deal with reading it! But it sounds so good! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Bawled my EYES OUT watching the light between oceans. Holy crap. Like heaving sobs, ugly crying. Extremely difficult movie to watch! *****TW***** There were two absolutely heartbreaking MC scenes. 
    I bought the book and I'm not sure I can deal with reading it! But it sounds so good! 
    I don't think I could read the book! It's sooooooo heartbreaking!!! The book is always better tho so I'd be tempted to read it.. keep a couple boxes of tissues on hand!!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been rewatching ER and started bawling when Carol flew back to Seattle to be with Doug. 

Also almost cried because my cereal got soggy this morning because I had to go into a meeting.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• I cried so much yesterday. I got my final beta numbers back, and they're really good, and I feel like I can finally be excited, because maybe this is the baby I get to keep. And then later I cried because I couldn't stop dry heaving. 

This morning I cried because someone was crying on TV, and apparently sympathy crying is a think I do now. 

• This article about a woman who lost a leg in the Boston Marathon attack who is getting married to the fireman who took her to the hospital.... Had a little desk cry just now.  https://nypost.com/2017/01/31/boston-marathon-bombing-survivor-to-wed-fireman-who-saved-her/
  • My husband made breakfast for DS and himself. Nothing for me. I had a three yo sized temper tantrum with heavy tears. Normally this isn't a big deal because I make my own eggs since DH always butchers them, but today I was so hurt. 
  • @daniellelynette I read the book a couple of summers ago before TTC and was a mess. I want to read it again and watch the movie, but I refuse to do either until I have a baby living outside of my body. I think it would be too triggering for me personally. I do want to re-read and watch really badly though!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• I re-watched the video of the girl who had her wisdom teeth out and her brother's came up with this elaborate joke that there was a Zombie Apocalypse and even though I had seen it before, I was laughing hysterically and then a few tears started coming and next thing I know I was bawling crying.  I don't even know what happened.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SugarRush said:
    I re-watched the video of the girl who had her wisdom teeth out and her brother's came up with this elaborate joke that there was a Zombie Apocalypse and even though I had seen it before, I was laughing hysterically and then a few tears started coming and next thing I know I was bawling crying.  I don't even know what happened.
    That's the funniest thing ever!! 
  • The national anthem at the start of the super bowl on tv, even tho it's not my national anthem....honestly!!!

Also want to add, if you don't like crying in public, do not see A Monster Calls in theatre. I watched at home and was a legit mess; I couldn't imagine if I'd been in public. I made H put on a funny show afterwards lol Great movie, just very sad/emotional!
  • Why are so many of these super bowl commercials emotional? They're killing my emotions!
  • Why are so many of these super bowl commercials emotional? They're killing my emotions!
    No kidding. Sappy commercials shouldn't be allowed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @kailapop ouch!!! I would have reacted the same. Baby hormones make everything that much worse.
  • I cry watching the beauty and the beast trailer...such a sap!! I can't wait for that to come out in theaters!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• I cry watching the beauty and the beast trailer...such a sap!! I can't wait for that to come out in theaters!
    Same! It's just so beautiful!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The Pearl Vision commercial where the little boy wants to wear his grandfather's glasses because he misses him, but the prescription isn't good for him, so they change out the lenses.
  • The Pearl Vision commercial where the little boy wants to wear his grandfather's glasses because he misses him, but the prescription isn't good for him, so they change out the lenses.
    I might cry from reading that. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Baby stealing episode of Grimm.
  • I cried because my friend had her birthday party at outback steakhouse and I realized I couldn't have my steak rare. (On the way there, not actually at the table thank goodness.)
    I also watch pitbulls and parolees constantly. It's what I binge watch all day on my days off. I couldn't make it through 10 minutes of an episode last time I tried to turn it on without bawling my eyes out. Now even the commercials are making me tear up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know you @sableeg will appreciate this one -- we went to Portillo's the other day and I was counting on going to Barnelli's to get pasta.  And son of a gun, it was a location that didn't have Barnelli's pasta, only Barnelli's salad.  I sobbed.  I just wanted pasta.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I kept crying watching Masterchef Junior. I have no idea why. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Cried because my husband said something about how much my son has started "talking" (he's 1). I said he must be like me because I talk a lot. Husband said "yeah. You do talk a lot." 
    Ask my why this hurt my feelings. The answer is I don't know. It's well known that I talk a lot. I've accepted it. But I cried. 
  • I've been rewatching ER and started bawling when Carol flew back to Seattle to be with Doug. 

Also almost cried because my cereal got soggy this morning because I had to go into a meeting.
    @rainafire77- do you have ER on DVD? I have been wanting to re-watch it but I can't find it streaming anywhere and I really don't feel like buying all the DVDs
  • @maddisonwallace I'm right there with you. DH said something similar about DS and myself talking all the time too. I cried when he asked if my belly was "Baby or bloat? Are you bloated?" 

Like really....? 
  • OF COURSE IM BLOATED YOU IDIOT
  • Because DH is away for 8 weeks and morning sickness kicked in! 
  • ShreyaR said:
    Because DH is away for 8 weeks and morning sickness kicked in! 
    This would make me cry too! Sorry you're having a rough time and your DH is gone :(

The night before I found out I was pregnant with DS (who is now 1) I cried myself to sleep because DH and I were on different shifts. We both worked at the coal mine and had rotating schedules, so it's not like it was a new thing.. but he was working nights and I was working days and the bed was so empty and cold and I missed him so much I bawled myself to sleep!! Then the next night I took a test and I was like "Oh that's why I cried myself to sleep last night.." lol
  • SugarRush said:
    I know you @sableeg will appreciate this one -- we went to Portillo's the other day and I was counting on going to Barnelli's to get pasta.  And son of a gun, it was a location that didn't have Barnelli's pasta, only Barnelli's salad.  I sobbed.  I just wanted pasta.
    Girlll....I totally appreciate and validate your experience!  I may cry just from missing Portillo's so much!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Because I have strep and there is nothing I can take that helps. The MFM said only cough drops, Vick's vapor rub, and saline gargle / spray.  :'( 
  • @JNR6510 oh no!!!! No antibiotics??? I'm so sorry and would totally cry through that.
  • @JNR6510  That is definitely cry worthy! Strep is so miserable... why can't they give you an antibiotic? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JNR6510 said:
    Because I have strep and there is nothing I can take that helps. The MFM said only cough drops, Vick's vapor rub, and saline gargle / spray.  :'( 
    I have had strep throat this week also. I have never felt so bad in my entire adult life. If it's actual strep you need antibiotics. I'm on day 6 and finally feel better. This is awful as an adult. So sorry! You can also take Tylenol! 
  • My apple didn't taste as good as I wanted it to. I've stopped crying, but I'm still really bummed about it!

• @JNR6510  That is definitely cry worthy! Strep is so miserable... why can't they give you an antibiotic? 
    I am allergic to several types of antibiotics like penicillin and azithromycin. Usually I am prescribed tetracycline which isn't safe during pregnancy.
  • JNR6510 said:
    @JNR6510  That is definitely cry worthy! Strep is so miserable... why can't they give you an antibiotic? 
    I am allergic to several types of antibiotics like penicillin and azithromycin. Usually I am prescribed tetracycline which isn't safe during pregnancy.
    I usually take Factive for Strep but just looked it up for you and it's category C...but Strep is nothing to scoff at. Is your doc going to weigh the pros and cons of treatment? I'm allergic to Bactrim and erythromiacin and my DD is allergic to Amoxicillin...I feel your pain! 

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • @Texafornian Yes. My doctor said we would give my immune system a week to take care of it, and then if I was still sick then we would move forward with another antibiotic. 

I'm already feeling much better. It just sucked alot those first two days.
  • @JNR6510 that sucks! I can't imagine not treating strep after the way I felt this week. I hope you feel better soon. You may want to see an allergist after pregnancy and do patch testing for PCN. There have been studies that most people who think they are PCN allergic are not, unless you clearly had hives or an anaphalytic reaction. 
  • I just want to cry.  Anything emotional at all will set me off!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!