June 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday - 1/26

2»

Re: UO Thursday - 1/26

• Options
    ladylolly89ladylolly89 member
    edited January 2017
    @lovesclimbing The tech who did my anatomy scan looked at me like I was the worst mom ever when she showed us the baby's face and I said to dh, "Aww, look, it's an alien baby." Because seriously.
    The face view is so creepy though! Our tech this time was awesome and said "don't worry, he won't look like that when he's born!" Or when she showed us the 3D she reminded us a few times that he just doesn't have fat yet. It's nice when they acknowledge that baby isn't quite cute yet so we don't feel like we have to constantly say "awwww!"
  • Options
    @lmc929 I had a similar experience back when we lived in our condo... a neighbor let their cat be an outdoor cat in the city (a little odd to me)... when he wanted in, he would sit outside her door and get super territorial.  Anytime I had to walk down the stairs, which I had to pass the landing where her door was, the cat would stand at the bottom of the stairs and hiss... blocking my way, it got to the point it would move toward me vs. just hold its position so I would be stuck in my condo unless I wanted to get attacked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing at my NT scan they did 3D. Now that is creepy. It mostly looks like a lava lamp creature.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    sejicasejica member
    edited January 2017
    My UO is that I think elaborate birthday parties are ridiculous. My SIL has thrown 50 person themed bday parties for each of her two kids every year. I'm OK with one on the first birthday, but then I don't see the point again until bat/bar mitzvah or quinceniera or Sweet sixteen. I mean sure, favorite dinner and a cake, and some gifts, but not a Frozen themed princess party for a 4 year old, sheesh.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sejica said:
    My UO is that I think elaborate birthday parties are ridiculous. My SIL has thrown 50 person themed bday parties for each of her two kids every year. I'm OK with one on the first birthday, but then I don't see the point again until bat/bar mitzvah or quinceniera or Sweet sixteen. I mean sure, favorite dinner and a cake, and some gifts, but not a Frozen themed princess party for a 4 year old, sheesh.
    My SIL does this too. Once she even rented out a space to throw a party - for her TWO YEAR OLD. 
  • Options
    I don't go all out by any means but we have a big immediate family and a handful of close friends that have kids the same age as our kids and we have parties and invite them all every year for our kids.  I did get into the fancy decorations for their first birthdays but they were at my house . Now we've moved 2 Hours away so it's easier to meet a a restaurant or rent a room at a bounce house place.  I've gotten lazy and just order cupcakes and buy a few decor things at party city now but I feel like there is nothing wrong with celebrating with family.  It's a nice excuse for everyone to get together and visit.   That being said her party is part of her gift.  I got her zero toys this year.  She got a party at a bounce house place and I bought her tickets for a mommy and me date to a Princess ball. I'm trying to move toward making memories vs buying more crap I don't want in my house.  She has so many toys!