June 2017 Moms

UO Thursday - 1/26

Let's get this going...

Re: UO Thursday - 1/26

• Gonna kick it off with a big one. I think the women's march would have been more effective if it didn't coincide with trumps inauguration. I'm all for women's right and i get it, but I think that it fell upon def ears because of the rest of the hoopla and rioting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This one is weak, but...

I HATE *most* savory foods (e.g., meats) with anything sugary/sweet (e.g. fruit).  I can do tart, sour, bitter, spicy, tangy, etc. but not sweet... don't you dare but damn mango salsa on my fish tacos ::gag::
  • kassyfry said:
    I hate being called a mommy or momma by other people. I see it here a lot on the bump, intros that say "hi mommys!"  Yes, we are all moms but we are also more than that. I only wanted to be called mom/mommy/momma by my children. 
    My mom does this to me sometimes! It drives me nuts, and I usually respond with "I'm not your mother..."
  • @JAGinMI I agree... the worst is where they pop back in randomly and make reference to them being gone, coming back for 'only this one thing' and that they are leaving again...
  • @kassyfry   It looks like you might have the popular opinion and mine is unpopular.... I LOVE being called "momma" by anyone and everyone.  I think it is because it seems like a term of endearment, especially since my mom is so crappy... It is almost like when people call me that it associates me with being a good mom.

@ellie111227 I hate cats.  Like really really dislike them.  They freak me out.

I will have to think of my UO......  I have a good FFFC that I am saving for tomorrow though!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Elyse1384 yes! They almost always return! Insert eye-rolling emoji twenty times here.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @doodleoodle Oh my goodness yes about Walmart. The ones near me are actually quite nice and not particularly creepy in themselves, but compared to other stores, the negative shopping experience does not outweigh any possible savings (I say "possible" because I spend far less at Target and normal grocery stores than the people that I know who shop Walmart for everything).
     I live in a fairly nice area, but even then, the Walmart seems to attract the strangest clientele. No thanks, I prefer to not be stared at while I shop. 
  • EmeraldNC said:
    @kassyfry   It looks like you might have the popular opinion and mine is unpopular.... I LOVE being called "momma" by anyone and everyone.  I think it is because it seems like a term of endearment, especially since my mom is so crappy... It is almost like when people call me that it associates me with being a good mom.

@ellie111227 I hate cats.  Like really really dislike them.  They freak me out.

I will have to think of my UO......  I have a good FFFC that I am saving for tomorrow though!

I'm with you! I think being called mama is endearing. One of the security guards in my building's lobby has started calling me that, and it's so cute. Might be a southern thing? 
  • I'll jump on the creepy pet thing...

I grew up with a over-sized Sheltie, think the size of a small Collie (i.e., Lassie dog), but I find small dogs almost too gross to touch.  I can't stand the greasy looking curly hair on most small dog breeds and their beady little eyes.  I'm fine with them around me but I really don't want to touch them... 
  • Aww I love my little dogs! I have a 25 pound schnauzer mix and a 15 pound Yorkie mix. I love most dogs, my little ones are less expensive to keep. I grew up with labs and we went through over 100 lbs of food a month! 

I also don't mind cats, but I won't get one until I'm older and don't have the energy for dogs anymore. Like when I'm a retired widow. 
  • @michaela0704 we have two little dogs! Both are twelve pounds and don't have greasy curly hair! One does have kind of buggy eyes though. 

I dont much care for cats like @ellie111227  but we do have four barn cats. I think cats in the house are gross becuase of using their feet to cover stuff in litter boxes and then walking on furniture, countertops, etc. 
  • Omg @devow27 my SIL does this and it drives me insaaaaaaane.  Mostly because she posts that shit on FB but never calls my kids or has any contact with them......??
  • @doodleoodle @ladylolly I have actually found that the nicest areas i have lived have had the creepiest Wal-Marts compared to the poorer more rural areas. I think that when there are other options, all the strange poodle self-segregate to Wal-Mart. But in the town I grew up in, Wal-Mart is really the only store, so everyone goes there and it is a pretty normal place. The first time I went to one in a wealthy suburb, I was shocked by how different it was from the target right down the street.
  • ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited January 2017
    lmc929 said:
    Here is a really stupid one: I find cats really creepy. I just dont like how they move and how they look at me. I once rescued a litter of kittens whose momma was hit by a car in front of my house, and it was really difficult for me to take care if them because I was weirdly afraid of them. 

Spawn of Satan.

ETA: Not @lmc929, bump gods, the creepy cat.
  • I lol'd way too hard at your story, @lmc929.
  • I too dislike cats. The first one I ever remember holding pooped on me - forever scarred. 
  • @lmc929 My best friend growing up had a cat similar to Owen who hated my guts. I think his name was Daniel. It felt like he was always exactly in the path of where I needed to be and I'd either be stuck choosing a different path or yelling for someone to come move him. Whenever I tried to be brave and he clawed me up anyway, the family always said it's because he could smell my fear. He didn't ruin me with cats though. I've still had a few and would again in the future. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • HgPaHgPa member
    edited January 2017
    @Stankonia2014 That second picture is killing me! Adorable/hilarious.

My cat is not smart enough to be evil, but she is also super chill and loves babies/toddlers. I think she knows I'm pregnant and is excited for a little brother.

Pictured: her dumbness (don't let the glasses fool you).
  • @erinh84 They are so cute! 
  • JAGinMI said:
    I think it is super annoying when people leave Facebook and they tell everyone they are doing so and why, which is usually along the lines of not being able to take all of the negativity/drama/sad stuff on there. I feel like if you don't enjoy it, then just delete your account or just come on a lot less frequently. What is the point of making this grand statement before you do? No one cares and I really think the reason they do it is to be an AW and get people to tell them they don't want them to leave.
    "I can't stand the drama!!" So why are you making a dramatic post about why you're leaving?

We just had our ultrasound and the tech turned on the 3D to show us. It was kind of cool, but honestly, they look insanely creepy. I even told her that and she said she thinks so too! She showed us a back view, and I told my H our baby looked like Gollum. 

I'm also a cat hater. I also dislike small dogs. Puppies, fine, but they better grow up to be a decent size, like a retriever or lab. 
  • @lovesclimbing The tech who did my anatomy scan looked at me like I was the worst mom ever when she showed us the baby's face and I said to dh, "Aww, look, it's an alien baby." Because seriously.
    Our tech laughed when I said the Gollum thing. It was because of the no fat, spine sticking out thing. Or an Orc, I said that too, lol. 
  • My cat is a giant sweetheart who spends his every waking hour trying to snuggle. He's very patient with DD and her constantly trying to give him hugs and kisses. 

On mobile, so I apologize if the photo/post is huge/weird/borkalated. 
  • OK, I have one: I have really tried to love it, but I find the Walking Dead unwatchable. It just bores me. Although, this comes from someone who still watches Grey's Anatomy even though I know it hasn't been good in years LOL