Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread 1.23

I didn't see a Newbie thread for this week yet, so here ya go!

Welcome new members!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community so we can get to know you better! smile

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 

Re: Newbie Intro Thread 1.23

• @ktcakes87. Hey, girl!  Congrats on the weightloss!!!! :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ktcakes87, way to go on the weight loss!!  
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

Me: Mid 30s DH: Late 40s
    Married: 6/2008
    TTC: 1/2017

• I've been participating on and off TB for a few years now. Figured I'd wander back this way again. 

Ages (you and SO): 28 and 33

How many months have you been TTC? We're on cycle/month 2/2 TFAS, 1AL last cycle. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I was temping, but I needed a mental break this cycle. I didn't plan to track anything, then I panicked and at least broke out my OPK stash. If we're unsuccessful this cycle I'll get my old trusty BBT back out. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have one DD who is 14 months, a 100lbs chocolate lab who is a little on the batty side, and I'm a health teacher. I get to say penis and vagina every day at my job. It's wonderful. 

• espresso_girlespresso_girl member
    edited January 2017
    brzvice Im a huge Jeopardy fan too.  
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

Me: Mid 30s DH: Late 40s
    Married: 6/2008
    TTC: 1/2017

• @BusinessWife @espresso_girl thank you both so much!!! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Welcome @ktcakes87, @espresso_girl, and @brzvice!!

(also, jumping this above last week's thread)
  • Welcome newbies! Hope your stays are short :)

@ktcakes87- I too enjoy the  occasional cross-stitch. I'm currently working on the Disney Thomas Kinkade  "Beauty and the Beast Fall in Love" I'm a quarter and change done and I've been working on it on and off for a year now. No idea what I'm going to do with it when I'm done.. (Though I have fantasies of having a DD and hanging it in the nursery ;) ) Congrats again on your weight loss!

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • @MJDsquared we have an IF thread that you are welcome to join in with.

@brzvice I am another BF mamma (though by sunday we will be fully weaned... (I have to wean to start fertility treatments) Anyway I'm happy to try to answer any questions you may have regarding TTGP and BF.  GL
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• edited January 2017
    @babyfaith09 welcome and lol @ your dog adventures. Hopefully your stay here is short! Oh also- I love TVD too- did you see that Nina Dobrev posted an Instagram photo of herself on set for the finale?  :# 

• @bluejeanbabi05. Thank you! 
    And yes I did!!! :) I am so excited! Even though it will only be the last episode, it is better than nothing! I'm hoping for a 2 hour finally at least!  :)
    Me: 25 ** DH: 27
    TTC #1 since July 2016
  • Hi @jessafishy! Congratulations on finishing your first draft of your novel! What type of novels do you write? I love to write as well! I have started a book, but I don't think I will ever finish it. Haha. But it is something I enjoy doing in my spare time! :)
    TTC #1 since July 2016
  • Hi @jessafishy! Congratulations on finishing your first draft of your novel! What type of novels do you write? I love to write as well! I have started a book, but I don't think I will ever finish it. Haha. But it is something I enjoy doing in my spare time! :)
    @babyfaith09 It's great to see another writer here! It's a fantasy (angels and demons type) novel. It will actually probably be a trilogy before I'm done but book 1 is finished! I started it in 2012 and finally got back to working on it last fall and finished it during National Novel Writing Month!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy That's awesome!! I would love to read it when you're finished editing!
    TTC #1 since July 2016
  • @jessafishy I second @babyfaith :) that premise is right up my alley

• Hi @Soldiersmom So you do like Fertility friend better than Ovia, in what ways? I have been using Ovia, but I have heard Fertility friend is better. I have tried to download it to my iPhone, but since my phone is not updated it will not let me update it. I do not have enough room to download the update. Haha. Silly phones. I may have to resort to downloading it on my nook tablet.

I love watching HGTV as well. Fixer upper is my favorite!

TTC #1 since July 2016
  • @babyfaith09 I freaking love hefty bear-like labs! I just want to put my arms around them! Welcome!
  • @babyfaith09 I freaking love hefty bear-like labs! I just want to put my arms around them! Welcome!

@heatherdubrow I know! She is so cozy, and she thinks a lap dog! :D And thank you!
    TTC #1 since July 2016
  • Hey @babyfaith09... I found my FW was constantly being recalculated on Ovia because it gives you such a large window. All that recalculating can cause unnecessary stress.  FF gives you the four most (likely) fertile days and the smaller time frame is more to my liking. I do like that on Ovia you can put more then negative/positive for OPK results. So I think its really just be a matter of user preference. I use them both kind of as a check/balance system.

Fixer Upper is our favorite too :) Along with Property Bros.

Me:31 ~ DH: 28
    Swiped Right: 6/2014
    Married: 9/2016
    TTC # 1: 11/2016 
     BFP: 5/2017
    Baby Boy: 1/2018
    Link to FF Charts
  • @Soldiersmom Thank you! I have downloaded FF on my nook, and I am going to try and use both.

Yes, Property Bros is good too!

TTC #1 since July 2016
  • @babyfaith09 Good Luck!
    Link to FF Charts
  • Welcome all

@babyfaith09 I'm a social worker too. (Seems like there are a lot of us here, but maybe I'm just hyeraware of other Sw) I also work a lot with older adults. 

@SoldiersMom I was also a big coffee drinker. I cut down a lot. I started by cutting out my afternoon coffee and then slowly tapered down the AM dose. I've gotten it down to about 6-8 ounces in the AM. YOU CAN DO IT!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Welcome me to all the newbies! Hope your stay here is short!

@SoldiersMom I was also a big coffee drinker. I have mainly replaced it with tea but I also love tea so it wasn't that hard. I also try to buy decaf tea since I will usually drink about 3 cups per day. It's a process but it's doable. Good luck!
  • Hello!

Ages (you and SO): Me-27, DH-31

How many months have you been TTC? 2 months 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I stopped the bcp in Nov, tracking my cycle with apps and using opks. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have 2 dogs who are my babies (Harvey is a husky/GSD and Lucy is a husky). DH and I have been together for 8 years, married for almost 2.  I love watching  Netflix and HGTV ( House Hunters International is a fav). 

• Hi everyone!  I've been lurking for ages and figured it's finally time to jump in.

Ages (you and SO):  29 (me) and 30 (him).

How many months have you been TTC?: 12 months, 13 cycles.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: OPKs, temping, charting, red raspberry leaf tea (pre-O), CoQ10, reducing caffeine/alcohol consumption, exercise.  Moving to Clomid, trigger shot, IUI, and progesterone supplements next cycle, which should start late this week.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): No kids and no pets but we would like to adopt a dog at some point.  My husband and I have been together for 10 years, married for 3.5.  We spend the vast majority of our time working (he's a lawyer and I'm a fed) but like to blow off steam traveling and enjoying DC's many dining and cultural activities.  My other hobbies include spin and yoga classes, reading, and tv (from highbrow to Real Housewives).  High fives to all the other HGTV addicts here!  I can watch Love It or List It for hours.

• Hi guys!! I was in the bump community last go round when I was pregnant with my now 19 month old son Chase! 

Im Latricia 25 soon to be married to Bob 37.
    this is our first month trying and this is the last day on my fertile window, though according to first response OPK I was positive yesterday.. so fingers crossed!
    we are just doing the deed almost every day for the past week and a 1/2.
    we live outside Pittsburgh! I'm a SAHM! :)
  • Ages (you and SO): 28 and DH 28

How many months have you been TTC? This is month 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? OPKS, fertility friend, DVD regularly. Have a BMT but haven't used it yet, trying not to stress about TTC (haha good one I know) 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Just a fur mom at the moment, 3 yo shepherd lab mix Pax and 2 yo pure lab Kato. DH and I are in law enforcement so our lives are busy. We do try to workout together as best we can. 

• Ages (you and SO): I'm 32 and my husband is almost 32. 

How many months have you been TTC? We started trying for real last month. I know the odds, but I used magical thinking to convince myself we'd get it done the first try (*eye roll*). My partner is in his last semester of grad school and still traveling every week to another state AND my best friend is getting married on the other side of the country in July, so we were waiting in order to get the timing of a potential delivery "in the clear."

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I'd been tracking my cycles since we got married last year on Clue and used its predicted fertile window and my cervical mucus to focus our BD'ing last month. I've been taking PNV, though not religiously, since November for good measure and tried to home in on that in the new year. When I got my period the other day, I ordered a basal thermometer as a consolation prize and will start tracking my temps this cycle as soon as I get it. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) No kids yet, though I was a nanny to the same humans for eight years and am still really close to them. We live with one beautiful cat – she's amazing. I'm an ER nurse, which is my second career. I went to art school the first time around and I make paintings. My husband and I moved to suburbs about a year ago and I'm now mother to a vegetable garden that is the size of our last apartment. I'm teaching myself to play piano. I also enjoy hiking, cooking, and obsessively reading the news. I'm trying to be a better activist and advocate.

• @SoldiersMom and the others who chimed in: OMG I love coffee, too. We use a chemex and grind fancy beans to make delicious brews. Definitely used to drinking two strong cups everyday, which my midwife says is fine?, but I'm trying to limit myself to one small cup anyway.  :'(
  • @Avrilmai that's impressive! I'm trying to wean off too. Morning's are my biggest issue. I may have an afternoon latte twice a week, but in the mornings I can drink half a pot. I had a keruig brewer on my desk and switched to decaf like @safire3 suggested, but then I went a step further and took the coffer maker home so I wouldn't be tempted. It's not so much about the need for caffeine for me. I just really love coffee haha!

@orbmaker I recently started buying some higher quality coffee from our local farmer's market. It just made my "addiction" worse lol! The difference between quality coffee and the commercially produced stuff is amazing!

Link to FF Charts
  • @amaretto welcome. We have a weekly IF thread, feel free to join in. gL with your IUI
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17