June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/23

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/23

• Options
    I do love Richard Sherman!  I know.  We didn't have the best season.  I will never cheer for the Patriots.  At least the Falcons have a former Seahawks coach.  So that's close enough.  
  • Options
    @Wino0920 I'm so sorry to hear about your loss  :( will be thinking of you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 Falcons are 0-4 against Tom Brady, just sayin....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @alm52386  Hubby says that every time he vacuums. We have a cat that is part Maine Coon... huge long-haired cat that gets fur everywhere.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options

Interestingly an actual court of law (not Goodell and his henchmen) found there was literally no evidence against Brady.  The ruling was only overturned as it was deemed the court had no legal jurisdiction over Goodell deciding to be a dickhead.  Also the initial reported PSI from the media (idiot Mortenson) was wrong and the league admitted that (media apology was issued later on).  Only one ball (the intercepted ball) was under by 2.0.  The others that were deemed under were just under regulation PSI which is not unusual for two quarters of play and the idiot refs didn't note the starting PSI for either team prior to the halftime check.  Ah well... I feel like the league and non-Pats fans needed something to cling to dismiss his skills and accomplishments.  For example, I HATE both Manning brothers, but I concede they were/are incredible talents.  Sad the rest of the league can't give that kind of credit to Brady given he truly is the GOAT.

• Options
    If Wes Welker was still a Pat, I'd be all over rooting for them. They do have a former Husker on their team (Vincent Valentine), but I can't get past my hatred of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, or Josh McDaniel, so Matty Ice it is!
  • Options
    Elyse1384Elyse1384 member
    edited January 2017
    As a younger football fan watching my Pats suck wind in the 90s, I vividly recall the Cowboys winning and winning and winning. Everyone not a Dallas fan seemed to hate them.  Funny how that works  :D

"One more!!!!!" 

ETA: For those who don't despise the Patriots (like... .5% of us), below is the latest video from the Goodell/Hitler spoof they've been doing all season long. I love these although nothing beats that first one!  Oh yeah... And "f the Jets" LOL.  Probably my favorite part every time.
    https://www.facebook.com/PatriotsVideos/videos/1827756394169394/
  • Options
    @Wino0920 I am so sorry to hear about your MIL.
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 don't forget that when it happened to THE STEELERS this year (deflated footballs), it was a non-issue, written off by an expected reduction in PSI due to the game and conditions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love when workshops fall on the days I'm supposed to be at the building I don't like going to.  I'm off to a co-teaching workshop today, and miss out on the long day at the school I prefer not to spend my time at (there are just a couple of loud, obnoxious people who think they can do my job better than me, but didn't bother applying for it when it was posted).  Plus the workshop is 25 minutes closer to home so I won't be stuck getting home well past 5pm today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alm52386 said:
    @alm52386 Chitown in the hizzouse 
    We live in Madison now. We were so happy to see the Packers lose! 
    @alm52386 I'm not sure we can be internet friends anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13  Remember what happened when the Pats and everyone else thought they would trample the Giants...twice?  Don't count your chickens.  I still get chills when I think about that February night in 2008... 

• Options
    berg said:
    @awillis13  Remember what happened when the Pats and everyone else thought they would trample the Giants...twice?  Don't count your chickens.  I still get chills when I think about that February night in 2008... 

I was at a Super Bowl party thrown by one of my friends originally from Connecticut that night.  And as I watched my beloved Giants destroy Tom Brady, in the home of an avid Pats fan who informed me that the "Yankees suck" the last time the Pats won the Super Bowl (WHY is this a thing, THEY PLAY DIFFERENT SPORTS), it was glorious.

I don't really follow football that closely anymore, though if the Giants or Panthers are on I'll watch it (I live in NC now).  I'm more of a Yankees girl.  Which basically makes me no better than a Pats fan as far as anyone not from New England or the New York area is concerned.  I was there when the Yanks won Game 6 of the Series in 2009, against the Phillies, who are DH's team, and that was also amazing. 

• Options
    @awillis13 your Edelman pic wasn't lost on me... I'll gladly watch him score touchdowns all day...  <3

Also, @Stankonia2014 I also miss having Welker on the Patriots, he was good and added a dose of drama by not keeping his mouth shut!  Loved all the press conferences afterward...
  • Options
    @awillis13 your Edelman pic wasn't lost on me... I'll gladly watch him score touchdowns all day...  <3

Also, @Stankonia2014 I also miss having Welker on the Patriots, he was good and added a dose of drama by not keeping his mouth shut!  Loved all the press conferences afterward...
    I just loved him because he was pretty. I'm shallow. I was thrilled when he came to the Broncos.
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 I get @delujm0 reference of non New Englanders/non New Yorkers mindset. I hate the Pats (I hate the Steelers more though) and I hate the Yankees. The Red Sox and Giants are OK in my book. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 my husband often asks me if I want some nachos/tacos to go with my sour cream.  I love it too.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    merrylea said:
    alm52386 said:
    We live in Madison now. We were so happy to see the Packers lose! 
    @alm52386 I'm not sure we can be internet friends anymore.
    lol it's hard to find friends in Wisconsin when you are a Bears fan! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Has anyone dealt with a partner feeling frustrated and disconnected from the pregnancy/birth process? Obviously, a lot of attention goes to the person who is pregnant (as it should). It's not hard in the same way as carrying the baby, but you're also missing out on a lot of things. My husband and I talked last night about how he's feeling alienated and I'm having trouble 'getting it' and coming up with solutions. 
  • Options
    @HgPa My husband is reading "the expectant father." He really enjoys it, it talks a lot about what dads are feeling, and makes him feel more into the process. There are also some Internet forums (Reddit has daddit and predaddit) that he uses to connect to other dads (obv not as cool as TB). At the end of the day, he needs to communicate his needs though.  Would going to all the appts, helping with the registry help? Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HgPa said:
    Has anyone dealt with a partner feeling frustrated and disconnected from the pregnancy/birth process? Obviously, a lot of attention goes to the person who is pregnant (as it should). It's not hard in the same way as carrying the baby, but you're also missing out on a lot of things. My husband and I talked last night about how he's feeling alienated and I'm having trouble 'getting it' and coming up with solutions. 
    DH has mentioned that I get all of the attention and he gets nothing. It makes me feel sad :( I try to think of him and do things around the house for him or make him breakfast on the weekends. Just little things to at least show him that I appreciate him! I can't control how others treat him but I can control what I do!
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    edited January 2017
    @merrylea He does do predaddit. I love looking at the 'graduation' (aka newborn) photos with him. He has been awesome about making all the appointments. I think I've been dominating the registry (because I feel stressed out about all the choices) but we talked last night about me being more conscious of including him in that. I am looking at getting him a few books, too.

@alm52386 I feel that way too after talking to him. I have been (understandably) pretty self/baby focused. I think special breakfast or date nights would be a really good idea. He's stressed out about all the same stuff I am, and I've really been taking him for granted.
  • Options
    @HgPa My DH has never really said anything but I've always wanted to make him feel he is just as important. I let him make big decisions and have a big part of everything. He wanted team green and the middle name what it will be and so on. We also have a very active sex life (I know is hard for some while pregnant) but I still very much love it and want him to feel like our life gets put on the back burner. 
  • Options
    delujm0 said:
    berg said:

I was at a Super Bowl party thrown by one of my friends originally from Connecticut that night.  And as I watched my beloved Giants destroy Tom Brady, in the home of an avid Pats fan who informed me that the "Yankees suck" the last time the Pats won the Super Bowl (WHY is this a thing, THEY PLAY DIFFERENT SPORTS), it was glorious.

I don't really follow football that closely anymore, though if the Giants or Panthers are on I'll watch it (I live in NC now).  I'm more of a Yankees girl.  Which basically makes me no better than a Pats fan as far as anyone not from New England or the New York area is concerned.  I was there when the Yanks won Game 6 of the Series in 2009, against the Phillies, who are DH's team, and that was also amazing. 

I think that's playing a little loose with the facts of that game.....Destroy is a strong word.  Every Patriots superbowl in the past 16 years has had a 3-5 pt spread at the final score.  To me destroy is used for a complete blowout.  It didn't make the game hurt any less though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @michaela0704 I could've picked any one of the Pats receivers.....Amendola, Gronk (even though he won't be playing), Edelman, Hogan.  We've got a good looking offense.  Actually a lot of good looking guys - Matt Slater, Devin McCourty, I could go on.  

@Elyse1384 my dad has had season tickets since about 1990.  We sat through some AWFUL games (when you had to stay or miss the game because it was blacked out on tv due to lack of ticket sales).  There were many games my dad just wouldn't take me to at that point because I was still young, and the stadium was not always a kid-friendly place.  I think we've earned this run, and we will enjoy it while it lasts.  There can't be too many more years, even if Brady is convinced he can play another 5-10 years.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No one has probably thought about this yet but MIL brought it up... did any of you/will you send out birth announcements? Is this something the parents do to friends/family? MIL said ok we won't invite those extra people to the shower but she will send out birth announcements after the birth so they can send a gift. I thought DH and I would be the ones to send out birth announcements if we even want to at all...? Am I just being bitchy because it's MIL?? 
  • Options
    @alm52386 we sent them out for DS.  Although, it was a joint announcement/Christmas card because he was born 2 weeks before Christmas.  But it still would have fallen on us to send them out.  That's not really her place.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    awillis13 said:
    @alm52386 we sent them out for DS.  Although, it was a joint announcement/Christmas card because he was born 2 weeks before Christmas.  But it still would have fallen on us to send them out.  That's not really her place.
    That's what I thought!!! Plus she said people will want to send gifts. Well if they want to they can send stuff without a birth announcement. Omg this baby is so stressful. Well, not the actual baby, dealing with MIL and others. 
  • Options
    We're Vikings fans, so we don't get to be involved in a lot of post season smack talk, haha. I do have to do a little cheering for former Huskers, especially Vince since he was actually someone we hung out with, but I still want to see the Pats lose. Sorrynotsorry. ;)

DS still has a bad limp and expresses pain at random throughout the day. His walking gets worse at night and he still can't run at all without falling. They said to give it a week but I'm gonna call in the AM to see if they'll get us seen tomorrow since if something does show up and he needs extra scans or possible casting, I can get it all done before I have to work Thursday night. I just want my kiddo back to normal again. :(
  • Options
    @huskermom14, that's super odd about DS, I hope they can figure out what's wrong. 

I don't 'know' Valentine, but we did meet him at our vet. My girls played with his puppy while he and DH talked about the upcoming Husker season (a year or two ago). So I feel vested in him. I'm a loser.