July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest, week of 1/23

Re: Monday Bitchfest, week of 1/23

• Options
    nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited January 2017
    I'm so sick of DH being sick. He was running 93-94 degree all weekend! I've posted before about his insane health issues, but essentially when he gets sick, his temperature drops. So all weekend we've been trying to prevent hypothermia, and all it is is a frickin sinus infection!! Thankfully, his doctor is wonderful, and listens to us, so he is also adjusting his thyroid medicatio, thinking they might be related. I am soooooooo tired of constantly having to call doctors and go to ERs. I just want a normal husband! Don't get me wrong, I love him, and I would never want someone else, I just hate that he's always got something. It's exhausting and draining, and I'm tired of it.
    That's so interesting. I've never heard of anything like that! 
    Eta: spelling 
  • Options
    @chiquita928 Hang in there girl <<hugs>> I'm exhausted for you and it is completely understandable that you would be emotionally drained and fatigued from the constant doctors/ER visits.  How do you decompress?  I hope you get a bit of time to re-set every week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Red hair - my brother and I are both redheads and neither of our parents are. I have an uncle with red hair but I'm not sure where it started. 
  • Options
    @theweevee  that is frustrating! How are you supposed to plan over a year ahead of time? I hope you are able to figure something out!

• Options
    @rae1 I'm sorry for your super exhausting weekend - I know how physically/emotionally/mentally exhausting that is. When my mom died, I basically cleaned out the house she had with my step dad. There was some help from time to time, but the vast majority was on me. It is still ranks as one of the most overwhelming/exhausting/stressful moments of my life. Fx you get some rest after work today!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    theweevee said:
    DH got a bee in his bonnet about finding a daycare and has been bothering me for the last week.  We looked at them online and tried to schedule an appointment over the weekend.  Because some daycares around here have 15 month waiting lists (which won't work for us), when I got a call back, I asked what their waiting list is for the fall.  They ask me how old newborn will be.  I tell them.

Then they say they have absolutely no way of estimating their waitlist.  I ask a bunch of questions, because that sounds ridiculous, and they say "well, it's rarely over a year."

Wonderful.  I'm looking forward to leaving work early on Wednesday to waste my time at a tour of a place we likely will immediately eliminate from consideration because we will have to find someone who can actually take our kid.  Grr.
    Girl, PREACH!  Why is this so hard?  One of the daycares we are looking at said they have a 1-3 year wait list for infants.  WTF???  How is that even possible?  I feel like it has to be BS and they just don't want us there.  I feel like finding a daycare is what's going to determine the length of my maternity leave more than anything.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    RE: everyone. I was out all afternoon and I couldn't keep up with it so here we go. 

RE: in laws: Yikes. I don't have this issue (DH has a brother but his brother doesn't even have a GF at the moment and I'm an only child) but that is awful. I can't imagine getting ignored for someone else. It would hurt so much. 

RE: Hair. People are stupid. They make stupid comments and rarely think about how what they are saying sounds. My own MIL (whom I really love and rarely says stuff like this) said that I look pregnant only if you know me. Thanks. That helped. 

@chiquita928  I'm sorry you're going through this. That sounds really frustrating and I hope your DH starts feeling better at least for now soon! 

So I had to go out today to drop my husbands time sheet off because the company he works through has no common sense. It's a temp agency and you have to drop off the time sheet on Monday from 8:30-4:30 and pick up your check on Friday same time. Except that my DH works from 9-5:30 all week and there is no way he can get there and back in time. Idiots. But anyways, I'm not working right now so I'm doing it. I thought I would go have lunch with my mom at her work and then go to the grocery store after. Well I got halfway through shopping when I realized that I left my purse at my mom's office. It's not even close to the first time that I've left my purse somewhere (the worst was when I left it in Dallas, TX and had to drive from Austin to Dallas to Houston in one day) but it just made me so sad to have to put all the food I was looking forward to back. I was almost crying over groceries. Now I have to go back out tomorrow because I didn't want to drive another half and hour to go pick my purse up again and I have to scrape together food that I just have around the house. Sigh. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @chiquita928 Hang in there girl <<hugs>> I'm exhausted for you and it is completely understandable that you would be emotionally drained and fatigued from the constant doctors/ER visits.  How do you decompress?  I hope you get a bit of time to re-set every week.
    Thanks.  I decompress on here! ;) Thank you ladies!  In real life I've got a lot of support, too.  And I take out my frustrations in the gym, usually.
  • Options
    @chiquita928 Your frustration with the situation is absolutely understandable and completely normal. Anybody would feel the way you do! You want your husband healthy and his illness is draining, I can barely handle my DH when he has a man-cold let alone serious recurring medical issues. Sending you all the positive vibes and juju your way. Hopefully he's on the mend soon. (((Hugs)))

@Rae1I'm sorry your weekend was so exhausting. It's not only physically draining to have to do all of that, but the emotional toll is high too. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Sending you many creepy internet hugs and positive vibes to give you strength and patience during this difficult time. 
  • Options
    @Rae1 sorry about your dad, I hope you're able to catch up on sleep soon. 

@chiquita928 lots of hugs
  • Options
    theweevee said:
    DH got a bee in his bonnet about finding a daycare and has been bothering me for the last week.  We looked at them online and tried to schedule an appointment over the weekend.  Because some daycares around here have 15 month waiting lists (which won't work for us), when I got a call back, I asked what their waiting list is for the fall.  They ask me how old newborn will be.  I tell them.

Then they say they have absolutely no way of estimating their waitlist.  I ask a bunch of questions, because that sounds ridiculous, and they say "well, it's rarely over a year."

Wonderful.  I'm looking forward to leaving work early on Wednesday to waste my time at a tour of a place we likely will immediately eliminate from consideration because we will have to find someone who can actually take our kid.  Grr.
    Girl, PREACH!  Why is this so hard?  One of the daycares we are looking at said they have a 1-3 year wait list for infants.  WTF???  How is that even possible?  I feel like it has to be BS and they just don't want us there.  I feel like finding a daycare is what's going to determine the length of my maternity leave more than anything.
    Seriously.  What is bothering me is their utter refusal to even provide a timetable.  If you told me a ballpark, I could plan for that ballpark.  But to just say, "we have no idea"?  Well, I guess you don't want my money.
  • Options
    I don't know if this belongs in the NT scans thread or this one, but I'm really angry so i am going to post it here.

I still haven't received the results from my first trimester screen from two Thursdays ago.  I got a notification that the results were forwarded to my doctor last Tuesday, but no one has called me.  I called the genetic testing place today, and the reception straight up LIED, and said they are still waiting for the results.  I said, no.  I got the notification that the results were forwarded to my OB, but someone from YOUR office is supposed to call me with my results.

The receptionist very rudely responds, "I said we don't have them.  If your doctor has them, then call him." 

So now I'm waiting for the OB to call me back.

Ugh I'm so annoyed. 
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll Mine took 17 days before I got it in the mail.  I think when they said 2 weeks, what they really meant was 14 "business days."
  • Options
    @chiquita928 I'm just annoyed because the results have been ready since Tuesday.  I can see them in the app for my local hospital informing me of my test results.  I just don't know how to read them.  Since I had my tests done at the genetic testing place (and not the local hospital where my OB is), I know that the test results would have been reported to the genetic testing place before (or at worst, at the same time as) my OB. 

I just don't appreciate the receptionist straight up lying about whether the results are ready.
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll That's really frustrating.  Hopefully "no news is good news."  I get if you want to throat punch me for that one, but it's all I got.  I'm sorry they're making you suffer through uncertainty. 
  • Options
    Nor'easter and we apparently have a leak in the roof in our family room.  :(
  • Options
    @mtownhespes We're getting it here, too, and our chimney is leaking.  I feel your pain.  Hopefully your roof doesn't need too big of a repair.
  • Options
    @LuLiLaEv my DD is 3 next week and has super curly hair and everyone comments on the amount....because there's not very much. It's awful! I don't want her to hear that! It's recently starting to really come in though....but seriously. People need to shut up
  • Options
    My MBF is work computer modules.

So even though I am on maternity leave I have to do these computer modules for work.  Well, I could wait until right before I go back but they stack up and the last time I was off when I hurt my knee I had like 16 hours of them before I could even go to re qualification training.  Letting them stack up isn't worth it. 

But they are soooooooo boring.  Like the most dry, technical, repetitive jargon imaginable. It's just so hard to not go take a nap.   
  • Options
    @chiquita928 haha, no urge to throat punch at all.  I know you're right.  When I called to check, if they just said that they would get back to me later, I would have been disappointed, but not mad.   It's just the lying that made me upset.

But I went to eat lunch and now i'm calmer.  Perhaps I was just hangry. 
  • Options
    Late to  this party, rough day at work...

very sorry about your grandpa, @dancegurl1118, and the way your mom told you just sucks! there are so many more treatment and management options these days compared to a few years ago, and I hope for the best for him. 
    @chiquita928 I'm sorry your husband keeps getting sick - he had a mass involving the hypothalamus is that right? You are such an amazing and supportive wife. I'm sure he appreciates everything you do!
    @Rae1 sorry about your dad. Lots of hugs to you. That's so hard. It's nice that your parents will live with your sister. Are you living in the same area/ city? 

@MrsLa3 well hello, it's very nice to see you on here!! 

@virginiaunicorn11 wtf at those guys on the subway. 

@everyone re ILs I'm sorry these stories all sound terrible!! 

My MBF... its not a true BF per se, more of a randoms topic I guess but I just went away for the weekend (girls' road trip!) with two friends from high school. And I'm just kind of quietly disappointed because the one friend could not have been less interested in my pregnancy (I told her a few weeks ago over skype). I guess I'm spoiled cause now that the news is out at work everyone keeps asking me how I'm feeling, when is ultrasound, is it boy or girl, etc etc...same with other friends and family...But my friend of 20+ years whom I haven't seen in 6+ months asked me zero questions all weekend and didn't bring up my pregnancy once. I feel like an annoying special snowflake for feeling this way. Besides it's not out of the ordinary with her, she just doesn't share things in either direction (trying to find out how she's really doing is like pulling teeth)...so I shouldn't be surprised... but it still hurts. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 Thank you. :) He had a pituitary tumor, and the radiation impacted the hypothalamus. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 totally understandable that your feelings are hurt.  I'm not trying to make excuses for her but is she married and does she have children?
  • Options
    @mj8215 My feelings would be hurt too. So sorry she wasn't more interested. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    So my second bitchfest for today. 

That family hating, work loving boss I talked about earlier? I confirmed that my supervisor told her about the pregnancy last Wednesday when I told her. I've spoken to the bitch no less than 3 times on the phone and spent all damn day with her today. She seriously couldn't choke out a congratulations or at least acknowledge my pregnancy at all. 
  • Options
    @PurplePoppy424 side-eyeing your boss so hard right now
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    kerils said:
    @PurplePoppy424 side-eyeing your boss so hard right now
    She's an evil, pathetic excuse for a human being. 
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 wow, I cannot stand that type of behavior, has she always been like that? How did you handle that?
  • Options
    @PurplePoppy424
    She sounds like a miserable wretch and must have some pretty major issues if she hates family that much. I'm not one to throw around the "J" word, but do you think she may be jealous of you?
  • Options
    Ugh @PurplePoppy424 your boss sounds horrible!!
    as far as my friend goes, @caribbeanmama, she is in sort of an "it's complicated" kind of situation ... basically has been for a decade -- the second half of which they've spent in different countries (multiple countries for each of them)... I've tried to understand it but it has never made sense to me. Like what's the endpoint? Sure long distance can work but there has to be some sort of goal to be in the same place eventually?? I've given up trying to understand years ago though. I've known her forever (and him for a decade now that I think about it) and that's just how she chooses to handle things which is her right. And I'm not pushing her into talking about it since she obviously doesn't want to. I feel bad for her but at the same time I know that she could meet someone locally and settle down, or find a way to actually be in the same place with that guy, but chooses not to. So I don't feel like I can (or should) tell her what to do. 
    I didn't need her to get all giddy over the baby; this weekend was our weekend not a "let's celebrate my pregnancy" weekend... but it's so important to me and it hurts that she doesn't seem to care... I'm glad you guys get it. 
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy it sounds just as bad but we've learned how to manipulate it into being a workable relationship. Usually I ignore it, because calling her out just leads to an immature hissy fit. She's not going to change so it is what it is. My sisters have a much harder time doing that than I do. Sometimes I manipulate it so that I get what I want out of a situation because I know how she is. It sounds bad but it's the only way we can have a working relationship when one doesn't realize how they act. Just a tidbit of what she's like: *Tw* with DD I started bleeding really badly at 7 weeks so figured I must be miscarrying. I went to the doctor and didn't miscarry. I told her there was a HB and she said "well what am I supposed to tell my friends I already told them you were miscarrying?" She takes any personal tidbit of information and uses it for attention (asking for "prayers" for whatever personal info is going on in someone's life so people feel bad for her -- she sent out a FB blast to ALL realitives she doesn't even talk to when my sister miscarried later in pregnancy). She's a piece of work that charades behind a normal personality. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 Oy, your mom! Glad you know how to work her, even if you shouldn't have to.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 do we have the same mother? My relationship is exactly the same, she also only helps me when there is attention to gain from it, my sister didn't talk to her for 2 years because she can't deal with her. She's finally working on a distant relationship with her after therapy. 

@chiquita928 you are doing an amazing job as a mom and a wife and have every right to your feelings! 

Sorry to all you ladies just trying to bask in your new pregnancy and finding yourselves surrounded by Debbie Downers!

Re In Laws: it's definitely one of the harder parts of a relationship and having kids. I love my in-laws but it was bumpy road getting to where we are now. My BIL has a serious issue with both me and DH. There was a point he legit tried to turn the family against me. DH told me to just be me, it might take time but eventually everyone would get to know me and love me just like him. Flash forward 9 years and we don't talk to BIL but the rest of the family is really close to me. BIL still swears I am fake and putting on a show. I don't always agree with my in laws, but we have a close enough relationship that I can talk to them about disagreements and about issues with my kids. I hope all you ladies get there someday. Also I would stop bending over backwards and just be yourself, because if you can't make them happy you might as well make yourself happy!

My TBF is I had zero time to bump yesterday ohh and we are heading back to the pediatrician after our 12day hiatus. I Am Over Winter!
  • Options
    My Tuesday BF also has to do with my inlaws and diaper changes. Before we moved in back in December I had stock piled diapers, I had three huge boxes of diapers so close to 300 diapers. DH informed me yesterday that we only have 20 diapers left, WTF?! My MIL who I really do love changes DD literally every 30 minutes whether she needs a new diaper or not so of course we have blown through diapers. I am livid because we always tell them not to change DD as often as they do Because it's literally throwing money in the trash. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    My BF is also about my MIL. I'm lucky she lives an hour away from me but we still have to go visit her often. She never makes an effort to welcome us always pre frozen half defrosted food and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't have any close relatives around me that can give me support or just give me company and comfort (I come from a big family that suppprts each other like crazy) I have one uncle in Reston who is going through a divorce so I can't ask him anything and a cousin in PA who needs me more than I need her she's going through cancer treatment. Prayers for her. 

Amidst all this, my mother in law wants to call up the whole world (and most of my relatives btw!) that I'm pregnant. I tried telling her so many times that things are a bit rough in my immediate family right now I want them to get out of their troubles otherwise they will feel pressurized to do stuff for me.
    ( we have a close knit family who does feel responsible for things like that ) my mum also agrees to wait but my MIL is driving me nuts saying why does that matter? I will tell them people have been asking me if your pregnant yet (yet?!) 

is it wrong of me to ask ask her to stay shut? Also I don't feel comfortable telling people asides from my parents I'm pregnant until 5th 6th month I'm a bit secretive like that. It's my first time and I want to stay low profile for now. 

• Options
    cssme13 said:
    My Tuesday BF also has to do with my inlaws and diaper changes. Before we moved in back in December I had stock piled diapers, I had three huge boxes of diapers so close to 300 diapers. DH informed me yesterday that we only have 20 diapers left, WTF?! My MIL who I really do love changes DD literally every 30 minutes whether she needs a new diaper or not so of course we have blown through diapers. I am livid because we always tell them not to change DD as often as they do Because it's literally throwing money in the trash. 
    I would be livid too! Diapers are expensive, you should make her buy them. I bet she won't go threw them as fast 
  • Options
    BusyZee said:

is it wrong of me to ask ask her to stay shut? Also I don't feel comfortable telling people asides from my parents I'm pregnant until 5th 6th month I'm a bit secretive like that. It's my first time and I want to stay low profile for now. 

My opinion is that you have every right to tell her keep her mouth shut. Whether or not she does is a different story. I feel like it's what YOU are comfortable with given that it's your pregnancy and she should respect that. I was worried my MIL would tell too many people before we were ready to officially announce (shocker - I'm not sure she told anyone!) and it would have made me angry bc we told her early bc we wanted to let her in on the news. We trusted her with that info and she should respect that trust. 

I'm wordy today. Long story short, you have every right to tell her not to say anything. I'd tell her why you don't want her to say anything and then maybe she'll be more willing to keep quiet. My MIL was very understand when we explained we wanted an ultrasound first. 
  • Options
    BusyZee said:

Absolutely not.  We get that they are excited, but in reality, it's not their news to share until you are ready.  After we told our families, we asked that they not tell anyone.  My mom asked if she could tell a few people (work friends, etc) and I was OK with it, just as long as nothing was on social media.  MIL didn't tell anyone until we made our official announcement at 13 weeks.  They were very respectful of our wishes.   
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited January 2017
    alcrimmins 
    Re: hair 

People can be so funny sometimes.  I'm typically a brunette but I do have quite the red tinge in my hair especially in the summer.  My parents have zero.  I get it from a bit further down the line from both my great-grandmothers.  Then again I also have strands through my hair that look crimped, I called it my African-American hair.  If I had a whole head of it that's legitimately what it would look like.  It's super coarse as well, but just those strands.  No one knows where I got that from.  I'm as white as they come! lol 

Edit: words
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    I was in a super pissy mood today...

One of the coworkers I am at this training with is an intern (so she's young...maybe 22) but she is the pickest eater I have ever met. You're an adult...you should not just be eating the same three things. Anything with veggies or fruit is out, anything that is not bland in color is out. Veggies and fruit are the stuff of LIFE!!! 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017