July 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• Options
    Movements are getting stronger. I think LO is confusing 3 am with 3 pm though. 3 pm very little movement. 3 am and it's like a club party or something lol
    I have a friend with 4 kids who swears that the schedule the babies keep in your third tri coincides with how they are in the first few months.  I remember having 3am dance parties in there and thinking noooooo, please don't do this once you are born!  3am is for sleeping!  Luckily she seemed to know her daytime from her nighttime once she came out.  We still had LOTS of middle of the night feedings BUT no dance parties lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just felt a hard kick from LO so I'm going to take that as a sign that everything's okay.  
    Yay, so glad you got some reassurance finally! As others have said, I had a similar experience around 24 weeks where baby must have switched to a vertical position and I wasn't feeling the usual jabs on either side of my belly like I had been. I was worried but decided to wait it out, and sure enough he moved again and was back to bouncing on my side. It's crazy how much they grow in just a few short weeks, I'm 27 weeks now and it's hard to miss his movements. 
  • Options
    Like a few of you ladies I am also being beaten up from the inside out all day and night even with an anterior placenta. I'm a FTM but I don't feel like there's anything missing in terms of places she isn't hitting- I've had high and low all over the front, all over the sides, and recently the bladder kicks have started up. DH has been able to see and feel the movements for a few weeks now and yesterday she hit me so hard I actually said OW out loud like she cared. It was cool for like a day or two and now I just wish I could go about my day in peace  :/ I know there won't be any peace once she gets here but I thought I had a few more months! 
  • Options
    My little man decided that kicking my bladder mid going to the bathroom was a fun experiment. It seriously hurt. 

Also, he is a roller. He has just been all over the place, most days doing a full 360, but the rib kicks have been getting more and more common, which makes me hopeful for a not breech baby. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    I think I just experienced lightening crotch for the first time. LO is doing weird things in there right now. I jumped and almost peed a little lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsLa3 That sounds like the most adorable thing.  I didn't even know they did that in utero.  Another thing to look forward to.  :)
  • Options
    Movements are getting stronger. I think LO is confusing 3 am with 3 pm though. 3 pm very little movement. 3 am and it's like a club party or something lol
    I have a friend with 4 kids who swears that the schedule the babies keep in your third tri coincides with how they are in the first few months.  I remember having 3am dance parties in there and thinking noooooo, please don't do this once you are born!  3am is for sleeping!  Luckily she seemed to know her daytime from her nighttime once she came out.  We still had LOTS of middle of the night feedings BUT no dance parties lol.
    @OperaSingerMommy - Yes I heard the same lol. I am hoping that my LO will know the difference as well lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    MrsLa3 said:
    Finally feeling baby hiccups
    @MrsLa3 - Lucky! I've seen the baby hiccuping on the last u/s we had a while ago but I don't think I've felt it at all.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @MrsLa3 I would feel hiccups often with DS2 and they are the cutest thing ever. He was the first and so far the only one. After he was born he always got hiccups after his feedings for the first few months. I just remember thinking of how precious he was and how I remember feeling him in my belly. This LO has dance parties in my belly. I do feel a rapid tremble from either a foot or hand. Which is the sweetest feeling. I can't wait to witness this little one stretch and see it's little limb tremble once it's born. 
  • Options
    Is it normal for the baby to significantly move less than it was just a week or two ago? Just a few weeks ago baby was moving SO MUCH, and it seemed like he was moving all day long. Nowadays, I still feel him move, but it'll be a few times a day, which I think is normal, but it's just a LOT less than before. 

Normal? Or should I be concerned? 
  • Options
    Is it normal for the baby to significantly move less than it was just a week or two ago? Just a few weeks ago baby was moving SO MUCH, and it seemed like he was moving all day long. Nowadays, I still feel him move, but it'll be a few times a day, which I think is normal, but it's just a LOT less than before. 

How far along are you? Until the 3rd tri, I was told inconsistent movement is normal. 
  • Options
    @supermom83 I would have weeks of constant  movement then suddenly very little. I'm currently 27w I feel a lot more movement now daily. But I think from 20-24ish weeks it was on and off. 
  • Options
    Is it possible that they kick you near your butthole, or is that just weird gas?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Is it possible that they kick you near your butthole, or is that just weird gas?
    I'm sorry I giggled a little at this. It could both, baby is getting bigger and putting pressure in weird spots.

I love feeling hiccups, I didnt feel them with DD or DS until much later, like 36+ weeks. 
  • Options
    I've been feeling that, too.  Currently, actually.
  • Options
    @GlitterFish I've been feeling that for awhile but I'm a fellow FTM, so idfk. I've chocked it up to the baby kicking me though. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    rae1-3 said:

How far along are you? Until the 3rd tri, I was told inconsistent movement is normal. 
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I was 24 weeks today, so still very much in second tri. 
  • Options
    YES.  I have gotten this several times now.  The butthole kicks are so strange haha.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @supermom83 totally normal to not feel consistent movement then. As long as you are feeling him a few times a day, I wouldn't worry (I know, easier said than done!). 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish YES I've totally been getting this over the last few days too. 

@supermom83 it could be your LO switched to a position where the movements aren't as noticeable, but if you're still feeling him throughout the day I wouldn't be worried. 

Im only in 2nd tri for one more week and I'm dreading having to worry about kick counts and consistent movement in the 3rd trimester. There's always something to worry about! Plus I'm a FTM so little things make me slip into panic mode. 
  • Options
    kat0607 said:

Im only in 2nd tri for one more week and I'm dreading having to worry about kick counts and consistent movement in the 3rd trimester. There's always something to worry about! Plus I'm a FTM so little things make me slip into panic mode. 
    Yes! I told myself I would enjoy this pregnancy since I was so anxious throughout my first. It's been even worse this time around for me... UGH! I just won't relax until baby is in my arms, and then I totally calm down. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    kat0607 said:

Yes! I told myself I would enjoy this pregnancy since I was so anxious throughout my first. It's been even worse this time around for me... UGH! I just won't relax until baby is in my arms, and then I totally calm down. 
    Lol until fevers and teething, nursing strikes and gas.  I don't think I'll ever calm down again.
  • Options
    @chiquita928 :( I'm sorry! At least that stuff I know I am better equipped with so I don't worry. Knowing that I have absolutely no idea of what is going on inside or what could happen makes me insane. I try not to worry about anything when they're on the outside because barring anything significant (medical, developmental issues etc) I figure that it'll work itself out. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 Totally! I just sometimes miss those carefree times. Stress is just not the same when you're a parent.
  • Options
    kat0607 said:
    @GlitterFish YES I've totally been getting this over the last few days too. 

@supermom83 it could be your LO switched to a position where the movements aren't as noticeable, but if you're still feeling him throughout the day I wouldn't be worried. 

+1 to this! During the first trimester I thought I would worry less when I got to the second trimester, but then I was still worried about making it to viability, would I feel her move, would everything be ok on the AS, etc. Then I figured I would calm down for the third trimester but that's tomorrow lol and you're right, it's just new worries at each step!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Baby girl has started doing this thing where she scrapes her arms and legs against my belly. I was loving all the tiny kicks and jabs, but this latest "dance move" is killing me. It's such a gross feeling! It's like there's a little alien trying to find a way out. :-/ 
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited April 2017
    @lanie1000 I don't think I want to feel that!!! Now I'm worried ..I was/am enjoying the little bumps and kicks lol
  • Options
    @BusyZee it's so strange! Hopefully she gets bored with it soon. 
  • Options
    @lanie1000 my son gives me what I can only describe as internal massages, which is probably similar to what your feeling. Its like hes rolling his little hands or feet across me, and probably wiggling the fingers and toes while hes at it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    lanie1000 said:
    Baby girl has started doing this thing where she scrapes her arms and legs against my belly. I was loving all the tiny kicks and jabs, but this latest "dance move" is killing me. It's such a gross feeling! It's like there's a little alien trying to find a way out. :-/ 
    I LOVE these movements. They're so weird and DH gets so freaked out. But I love every kick and roll. The smooth movements just remind me that his brain is developing and learning to control his own, more natural, smooth movements instead of just constant jerks. :smile:
  • Options
    @Kat0607 This is a much sweeter way to look at it!  I feel the same as @lanie1000 the smooth motions are sooooo freaky feeling and I instantly think alien.  It's like she's trying to bust out of my skin.  So freaky!  Going to try to reframe my mindset too because I adored the quick jabs, but they're fewer and fewer and being traded for smooth rolling and gliding strangeness lol!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got a video of her legitimately doing somersaults in my uterus last night. You can see her rolling all the way around my belly. So weird/cool. My sister said she's training for the Olympics  :p
  • Options
    I know baby was breech last week from my u/s, and he had been all up in my ribs all week. I felt like he took a nose dive yesterday, so I tried to ask my chiro today what position he was in, but she wouldn't say bc she's not an OB, only that "it's a good position." My actual OB never says anything either (u/s was elective), so I'm getting a little annoyed about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Baby rolls feel wierd to me, but I like them more than those 36 week stretches.