Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 1/20

Month/Cycle:  

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were in high school? Are you doing that now, or something completely different?

Pregnancy Ticker
Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

Re: WTO Friday 1/20

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  3/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt

R/R: I haven't had enough time to bump during work hours. Damn work getting in the way of more important things!

CS/Q: not yet

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were in high school? Are you doing that now, or something completely different? I wanted to be so many different things, it changed all the time but mostly stuff in the medical field. Now I'm in audit - so definitely something different :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kiwi2628
    That is awesome! So glad we have a resident vet! It must be such a tough job, yet rewarding too!

@cdnrunning
    Wow that is completely different. How did you come to want to do that?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: temping, PNV, CM

R/R: Rant: DH is normally on his way out when I get up but he got up later than usual today. As a result, I had to endure his cheery mood and obnoxious singing. Way off key and all the lyrics were wrong. He can't seem to learn the lyrics to any song. Ever. I'm not a morning person. He is. If I didn't have to get to work early so I can get breakfast I may have stayed in bed until he was gone. Rave: They had hash brown casserole at the cafeteria this morning!!

CS/Q: So I was thinking I might have O yesterday due to my CM. I temped this morning and while it was higher than yesterday (97.3 to 97.7) it's not the highest it's been during my cycle. Thoughts?

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were in high school? Are you doing that now, or something completely different?
    I wanted to be a mental health therapist just like @JJMNO1616 but I didn't have the drive for school. It may be something I will pursue later in life. 

@kiwi2628 @adirat Same girls. Same.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @feeislove
    Was there a dip before yesterday? 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @canonmom413 A pretty substantial drop, yes. It went from 97.8 on Wednesday to 97.3 yesterday. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  15/14

CD: 24

WAYDTGKU: temping, vitamins, opks, etc...not that any of it really matters for the time being.

R/R: It's Friday, and I think my cold is finally clearing out, so that's good! Still no O in sight, so this is going to be a fun, long one.

CS/Q: Nope, I had a huge temp drop today, but I think that's largely due to my cold and the fact that I temped an hour early. Still no positive opks or ewcm, so it's probably going to be at least a few more days despite the dip.

I am actually doing what I wanted to in high school...I just didn't realize how much I'd dislike certain day to day aspects of it.
  • Options
    @feeislove I'd say O was either yesterday or is today, but I'm no expert. They say the dip signifies you *will* O. Im no expert and still learning myself, so please experienced charters chime in. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    adiratadirat member
    edited January 2017
    @feeislove Can you share your chart? We'd be happy to take a look.

ETA: @canonmom413 Many woman get a dip before O (myself included), but not everyone. You can O without it.

• Options
    @adirat I have a few missing days because I'm such a newb  :#

Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow
    you would make an amazing IF/Fertility nurse. Experience is what makes people the best of the best. Compassion and drive are needed in that situation.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  4/3

CD: 33

WAYDTGKU: PNV, EOD and soon OPKs

R/R: Last day of my esthetics program today! SO is coming in for a manicure so I can get my very last quota, and then we're going to pick up DS and go out for a celebratory dinner.

CS/Q: Nope.

I actually went to university for 3 years, double major in psychology and English. My goal was to become a child psychologist. I will probably go back in a few years and finish my degree, we will see! I'm currently seeking employment as a cosmetics company rep, Urban Decay hopefully.
  • Options
    @feeislove It is a LOT of school (at least 5-6 years depending on the program not including the post degree training to get licensed) and a big financial investment, sadly most of the time without the financial return but I absolutely love what I do (even though somedays it's really hard). If mental health is something you are intereated in there are so many ways to get involved in the community though! You should check out organizations like DBSA and NAMI to see if there are any volunteer opportunities near you. This could give you the opportunity to see if it's something you would like to commit to professionally in the future.  :)
  • Options
    @kt1992
    UD is awesome. I love Mac most, but UD is a top contender, along with Too Faced. Mac gets all the monies first.
    GL to getting the job!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @canonmom413 @adirat @LoveInDC thank you! My first ivf nurse was so incredible. She was really supportive and responsive and I just loved her. I think it would be such an interesting area to work and I agree that it helps that I've been through it and can empathize!
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 That's actually a great idea. Why are you so good at this?

@adirat I don't even know what a coverline is TBH. The app is called Glow, I feel like it was recommended by TB some way somehow. But since the majority of people on here tend to use FF I think I'll switch to that. It's too bad because kind of liked this app but if it's not doing what it should there's no point in using it. It's my first cycle off of BC so I'm not surprised if I haven't O yet. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited January 2017
    @feeislove I'm going to agree with @adirat. If that app is what I think it is, I rreealllyyy suggest switching to FF. Although, keeping that one around for the forum entertainment is a good idea ;)

@heatherdubrow I too think you would make a fantastic IF nurse, and can only hope that whoever we end up with of/when we get there is as caring and understanding.

@kt1992 Congratulations, have a great celebratory dinner! Also, FX for the UD job!

@LoveInDC thank you! Also, would you mind sharing how you got into technical writing? Do you write for a specific field, or just whatever comes your way? I've been intrigued by it in the past (one of my majors in undergrad was in writing and English) and am even more so now that I'm looking for a new job in a different field.

ETA: Sorry @LoveInDC I totally forgot to answer your question!  The average LP is around 14 days. It can waver by a day or so from cycle to cycle, but it should be relatively consistent. Too short of an LP, and the egg doesn't have time to implant/the uterine lining doesn't have time to develop. Your LP really shouldn't be any longer than 18 days.
  • Options
    @feeislove I am the first to say that FF is not right 100% of the time, and I don't use it. But it is definitely better than whatever that is. The coverline is an artificially drawn line so you can visualize the difference between your follicular and luteal temps. A good standard is that it is 0.1 degree (F) higher than the highest of your non-AF follicular temps. Check out the chart gallery on FF's website for some examples. 

@loveindc You got great info from @zwink1 -- the only other thing to add is that "too short" is defined as fewer than 10 days in the luteal phase. (I have that sadly :( ). If your LP is 18+ days like @zwink1 said you should assume your O date was wrong. 

• Options
    @zwink1 - Sure! I was very lucky. In college, I had my resume was posted to a job site. In my last semester, a government contractor called to offer me a paid internship. That internship turned into a full-time position and I've been in the field ever since. I stayed in government contracting and usually work with teams developing or managing technologies. I also did a stint in proposal writing, but that wasn't for me.

If you're looking to get into technical writing, I'd check to see if there is an STC chapter in your area (stc.org). They'll have resources and members who can help you find positions in your area. Most have free (or cheap) events so you can get involved without having to join the society. If you're around DC/Baltimore, PM me and I'd be happy to give you some local resources.
  • Options
    feeislovefeeislove member
    edited January 2017
    @adirat @zwink1 I don't know what follicular temps and luteal temps are. Imma go educate myself. Now to start the process of transferring all my data from one app to another :dizzy:
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @zwink1 and @adirat for the LP info! According to Ovia, cycle 1 had an LP of 11 days and cycle 2 had an LP of 16 days. I didn't know if it was obviously wrong, or actually plausible. Looks like I'm somewhere in between lol
  • Options
    @LoveinDC It's wrong. One of your ovulation dates is wrong (probably the 16 day one, statistically speaking). Ovia does not predict when you ovulate. It simply guesses based on past cycle lengths. Your ovulation day can vary quite a bit (for instance, I ovulate between CD15 and CD19, which seems to be on the less diverse end here). Remind me, how are you determining ovulation?

@feeislove Follicular = before ovulation (when follicles are growing). Luteal = after ovulation. 

• Options
    @adirat - It's very possible that they're both wrong. I'm only just off BCP so that's probably factoring in. I'm just impatient and confused. Here's the run down:

Cycle 1:
    • Cycle Length - 43 days
    • Estimated O (via Ovia and nothing else) - CD32
    • Estimated LP Length - 11 days
    Cycle 2:
    • Cycle Length - 26 days
    • Estimate O (via Ovia and EWCM on only CD9) - CD10
    • Estimated LP Length - 16 days
  • Options
    @kiwi2628  we are going the EOD route even when we get a positive OPK.  I know I'll most likely freak out at that point and want to change my mind but we decided that's what we are doing different this cycle.
    @canonmom413 yay for a day off!
    @JJMNO1616 back issues are the worst, I hope it feels better soon!
    @ag90 I too have a 7 day sadness so I feel for ya.
    @feeislove your coverline is a little wonky.....maybe try another app?
    @LoveInDC I'm no expert but from what I know your LP should be consistent, I guess maybe give or take a day based on how accurate you have pinned O. 

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Just PNV, and BBT

R/R: My DD has had a fever the past few days, my morning required me to collect a urine sample from an almost 2 year old.  I need wine and chocolate after that.

CS/Q:

I wanted to be a neonatal nurse and now I have a degree in Nuclear Medicine.  Currently I also stay at home.  I might go back to school once I'm done having kids and they are at a good age.
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited January 2017
    @adirat, thanks, I forgot to add the 10 days!

@adirat nailed it above. That is way too much variance in the LP and the app is almost certainly wrong about your ovulation date. My LP is generally 11 days.  It has been longer and shorter before, usually due to being sick or some other stressor during my LP, but it has never varied by 5 days. However, like @adirat is saying, my ovulation date can vary immensely from cycle to cycle (last cycle I Od on CD21, the one before that was CD26, this cycle I'm on CD24 with no O in sight as of yet). Also, your ovaries can have different ovulation dates (ex. your left might usually ovulate on CD14, but your right is usually CD16).

Thank you for the info, it is all very helpful!!! I will definitely check out the STC chapter (there is one here).  I'm not on the east coast, but thank you so much for the offer!

Edit: typo.
  • Options
    @adirat Why you make my life so easy? :smile:

@mispanda Yup, switching to FF now. I know these things aren't 100% accurate but I think it helps. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LoveInDCLoveInDC member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @adirat @zwink1 and @mispanda - I plan on switching to FF if I hit cycle 6 and start temping. For now, I'll see how much I can nail things down on my own.

ETA: Happy to help with tech writing stuff @zwink1 :) Good luck!
  • Options
    @loveinDC I use Ovia AND FF. I love the clues and encouragement from Ovia, but refuse to pay for FF VIP. So I use both and compare. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @loveindc If you don't want to temp, definitely keep observing cm. That will help quite a bit over nothing. And yeah, in your first cycle off bcp your ovulation is almost always delayed (happened to me too!). 

• Options
    @mispanda the newest Lana Del Rey song: I got that 7 day, 7 day sadness
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day