May 2017 Moms

Why Is My Toddler Crying??

chickyclgchickyclg member
edited January 2017 in May 2017 Moms
Anyone want to come play with me while I am in the middle of what the hell was I thinking having another baby?

ETA:  Feel free to bring up babies, preschoolers, and older kids, there's no reason to contain this crazy to toddlers alone.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
 Blocked Left Tube. 
Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
MTHFR 
 Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
 IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
 5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
  6/1/2014~ **BFP**
6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Why Is My Toddler Crying??

• Loading the player...
  • @chickyclg Haha! Well, maybe it's better to keep the "misery" going now, before you have too long to realize the bliss once they're not babies? I don't know, FTM here. :)
  • Why is my dog yelling for more water when there's 2 bowls sitting there, one of which is full? Oh, because he doesn't want the silver bowl, he wants the white one. I kid you not. I mean I know dogs are color blind (I refuse to believe this), but for some reason, the one bowl just sometimes will not do.
    I totally realized I left out fur babies! 

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Yeah, and then I really sit down, do the math, and think about how old I'll be when this little bean turns 21, and I'm like eff, I'll be so old, I'll already have one foot in the nursing home. Poor kid, having such an old decrepit parent...
  • Why is my dog yelling for more water when there's 2 bowls sitting there, one of which is full? Oh, because he doesn't want the silver bowl, he wants the white one. I kid you not. I mean I know dogs are color blind (I refuse to believe this), but for some reason, the one bowl just sometimes will not do.
    I bought my dog these adorable (and not cheap!) metal bowls that came in a stand so they would be higher off the floor... but he was terrified to eat or drink from them! So I had to buy white ceramic ones that are WAY too small for a 60+ lb dog but it's all he'll eat out of! 
  • Squirtgun said:
    Because I put the bandaid on her toe (which she had scraped) instead of her knee (which was apparently having sympathy pains.) 
    We have bandaid drama around here too. DD is obsessed with them!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @Kipperoo oh my god the shirt debate every morning. I can not deal with that after only being awake for 5 minutes. It's insane. There is absolutely no winning that game ever. 

May '17 labor memes
  • My 3 year old woke up at 2AM crying and was throwing a fit.  He kept saying something,  but he's speech delayed and when he's really upset it's nearly impossible to understand him.  Took my five minutes to figure out he wanted a kiss.  As soon as I gave him one he rolled over and went to sleep as if the past five minutes of pure tantrum hadn't just hapoened.  

Seriously, why are kids so weird?  And my 2 year old slept through the whole thing.  Just a few feet away, snoring away.  Then she woke up an hour later because her bunny fell on the floor and she couldn't find it.

I didn't sleep well.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• DD1 fell asleep before her pajamas were on. I tried to change her, but she was like a rag doll so I just put her in bed with them off. She woke up at 2am crying because she didn't have her pajamas on and she didn't get to take her vitamin. 

Did I mention DD1 is 5? The random meltdowns don't stop at the toddler age unfortunately :confounded:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Hold up. Am I just trading the "I want to wear a dress" battle (w/ DD) for a shirt battle (w/ this boy child in my uterus)??? Sigh.  I thought there were a few things I'd get a pass on by getting the other sex.
    I only have a boy so far (hi female belly monster!) but I can guarantee you they are picky little dictators just the girls. You can give them the wrong clothes, cups, jackets, play with toys wrong, it's endless. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Last night it was because he woke up at 2am and demanded to eat ice cream in bed. This has never happened, BTW. 
  • My toddler was crying because I wouldn't allow her to wear her night gown to my dr appt this morning haha! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @Kipperoo I ended the shirt fight with, you pick what you're going to wear every day, I could care less. Best decision ever- mornings are so much easier!! Even if she (very rarely) changes her mind after first choice "ok. That's cool. Wear whatever you want." It's not a power struggle any more, and she thinks she's old because she gets to choose  :D

Although today we had our first complete any total public meltdown. In target, her absolute favorite store. Because she was tired and I told her we had to pay before we could leave.  Then we got home, and I made her favorite lunch. Which she asked for. Which was not at all what she wanted, so lots of sobbing and "no, that not my lunch!!!" Turned into naptime with no lunch. 

Sigh. Every time you have a "wow, I've got this parenting thing!" Moment, your kid has to prove that you're not as good as you think you are! 
  • Because I took off a wet diaper to put on a fresh on before nap.  

• pshaortao said:
    Because I took off a wet diaper to put on a fresh on before nap.  
    This is a HUGE meltdown trigger at our house, and when I say screw it they both take their diapers off during nap time.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• WxM941 said:
    He took his own socks off.
    This is DD's major malfunction.  She wants to wear her socks but has an obsession with taking off her socks.  Probably happens half a dozen times a day.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• @Squirtgun , I tried letting him pick his own clothes but it definitely did not work. When given a choice, he just stands and stares. For like 15 minutes. And changes his mind half way through getting him dressed as if I was the one that picked his outfit. Or decides not to decide. The same thing happens with books every night...sigh...but I'm planning to try the "let him pick" thing again in a few weeks. 

@pshaortao , the diaper thing--insanity. Basically every diaper change, I hear "no, mommy! this diaper is ok!" even when it is very clearly NOT ok. 

The power struggle is REAL. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker