June 2017 Moms
Options

Ramzi theory

2»

Re: Ramzi theory

• Options
    JAGinMI said:
    The most annoying part of pregnancy to me is people trying to guess the sex of my baby. I just don't get others asking strangers to do this. 

Thank you! ❤️
    I find it super annoying, too!  I have a long list of reasons why I find out the sex of our babies but this is high on the list!  I don't want to go another 20 weeks of hearing people's guesses. And then when they were right to say "I knew it!!" as if they actually knew something.
    Same! 

DH actually wanted to try to keep the pregnancy a secret from everyone until we found out the sex for this very reason.  
  • Options
    How accurate are the gender charts for everyone? We had a blood test early on and it said girl.. people keep accidentally saying boy to me and the chinese chart says boy. I'm interested to find out next week at 20 week anatomy scan. If they say boy at anatomy scan, I won't know what to believe!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    michaela0704 said:Ml
    Holy dress, Mandy Moore!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    ^^^ it just keeps getting better and better.... July are you over here punking us? 
    ? I can't ask about a made up chart theory? Come on now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennas312 said:
    How accurate are the gender charts for everyone? We had a blood test early on and it said girl.. people keep accidentally saying boy to me and the chinese chart says boy. I'm interested to find out next week at 20 week anatomy scan. If they say boy at anatomy scan, I won't know what to believe!
    Mine was right.... But only if I believe the blood test! Why on earth would you doubt an anatomy scan and trust a "Chinese gender chart"?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @jennas312 The chart is obviously 50% accurate.  Cell-free DNA tests are 95+%. So, I mean, use your best judgement about what to go with, I guess.
  • Options
    jennas312 said:
    Wearmi1 said:
    ^^^ it just keeps getting better and better.... July are you over here punking us? 
    ? I can't ask about a made up chart theory? Come on now.
    You can, but you'll just get a made up answer.  

Truly your blood test is way more accurate than a Chinese birth chart.  I'm an IVF mom.  Both my DS and DD were the same IVF round which means the same conception date.  The Chinese birth chart is BS.  An actual medical test on the other hand is going to be much MUCH more accurate. 
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited January 2017
    I'm more so curious to see if ultra sound or blood test...blood test was early. Of course I wouldn't think a made up chart was more accurate.  Omg lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 I thought you were making fun of the OP, now I'm scared you are serious? 
  • Options
    I give up lol
    Was OP serious? I mean I know people hate those guess the sex questions,  but the ultra sound was so new there was no way to even try and guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, OP was quite serious.  I'm hoping you were not???? 
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited January 2017
    No, I do not believe a chart more than actual dna.
    Hope no one got too upset. :wink:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Why can't we delete posts on here. Now people are going to waste their time reading my posts...and this one.  :neutral:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As long as you claify you were joking, people will read it that way. 
  • Options
    I did want to know how many times it was actually right, not believing it OVER dna, but no one wanted to hear that. Lesson learned.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone wanna be my labor buddy now??  LOL <3
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    You and jennas312 should totally be buddies!  
    Be quiet lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @c1tym0m22. Already answered but had to add my factoids too. Yes, many sharks do give birth to live young, like theThe babies have to get away from mom or she may eat them. Although, I am pretty sure a hormone is released during labor that makes the mom docile for awhile. Total science nerd here.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @Wearmi, Jenna's not on board.  It's cool.  No worries.  I'm harmless and actually pretty awesome once you get to know me.  
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    Haha - And bonus points awarded to @Wearmi1.  
  • Options
    @Wearmi, Jenna's not on board.  It's cool.  No worries.  I'm harmless and actually pretty awesome once you get to know me.  
    You might be delightful. How about introducing yourself in the intro thread and partaking in other discussions, so we can see for ourselves and get to know you. :)
  • Options
    Elyse1384 said:
    Wearmi1 said:
    Haha - And bonus points awarded to @Wearmi1.  
    :-P 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So what's the official list of "off topics"?  No guessing if someone is pregnant(I knew that one),  no guessing sex of child (I kind of knew that one), and no mention of superstitions/wives tales/fictitious charts(now I know)...anything else so I don't ask another taboo question? I'm being serious this time.  I like this board, but feel dumb in this area for sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    erinh84 said:
    jennas312 said:
    So what's the official list of "off topics"?  No guessing if someone is pregnant(I knew that one),  no guessing sex of child (I kind of knew that one), and no mention of superstitions/wives tales/fictitious charts(now I know)...anything else so I don't ask another taboo question? I'm being serious this time.  I like this board, but feel dumb in this area for sure.
    No sex dissapointment threads for the love of all things holy.
    Oh this a million times!  Literally my only request. No more of that nonsense please and thank you. 

That said, I don't think there are things off limits per say, but more topics that never end well on TB.  For example, if you want to see a shit show just ask about opinions on circumcision.  TB is notorious for the "oh boy.. Bust out the popcorn" topics.  
  • Options
    I think I already have....super early on!!  I will go double check though.  I was semi-active a few months on TTGP but have been bumping off and on for well over 7 years now.  
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    @AvidVertigo Being first time pregnant I ask all kinds of questions lol. I hear all kinds of different crap, I don't know what to believe!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312  I still ask silly questions (aka this thread).  The cool thing is even though this is Baby #3 for me, I am still learning as a mother - no 2 babies are the exact same and having to adapt is the fun part.  
    I didn't find out the sex with my first, decided to with my second.  Went into the ultrasound and the tech said "I am 88% sure that is a girl, but don't go out and buy all the pink and paint your nursery yet."  It was a huge let down for me after how exciting waiting was for #1.  Everyone was messaging me wanting to know the sex after my appointment.  I remember telling my mom....and telling her we needed to wait 4 more weeks.  She told me to go buy a couple outfits and if they were wrong I could return them.
    --- I was not disappointed in the gender at all, I was disappointed that my baby decided to not show the goods very well. ---
    This is why we decided to wait and be team green this time around.  It will likely be the last baby and I want the same reaction I had with #1 again.  :)

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9