March 2017 Moms

Symptoms - Week of 1/16

2»

Re: Symptoms - Week of 1/16

• My sense of smell has picked up also. It went away for awhile but it's back full throttle. I smell everything now. Drives me crazy.

• @npaulie i have to sit up in bed several times a night for this reason.  I wake up and just SHOOT UP and sit there for a while.  Lying down makes me lightheaded -- i know lying flat on your back is supposed to do that, but I have trouble finding a comfortable position at all.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB doesn't even check for baby's position until 36 weeks! I wouldn't be too worried about the position yet!
    I also noticed that I feel hot more often, sweat more than usual, and I can smell my odor! Woohoo pregnancy is glamorous! I am usually always cold so it feels very strange for me to be hot so often! 
    Sorry I'm too lazy to go back and tag the appropriate people

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @Minger86 my baby is transverse right now too at 30 weeks. My doctor said position isn't a concern till 35 weeks because they're small enough to do a lot of flipping and flopping right now.

Sx: heart burn, and I just have a full sour stomach feeling all the time no food ever sounds appetizing.

the weird dreams and night sweats have kicked back into over drive too.
  • @dubcompanion LOL.  I am totally keen on ALL the funk too.  If someone has stinky pits I can definitely smell them & I definitely smell farts way more often than every before.

Ugh.

Flowers smell mostly awful too.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• anyone else hear any pops/clicks in their belly? I hear it most often when I lay down before bed and everything is quiet. Apparently it could be her movements popping little air pockets or her joints cracking or something to that effect. IDK why but I find the sounds oddly interesting and satisfying lol
    I heard this for the first time the other day and I had no idea what it could be!!! Freaked me out a little I was like ohhh nooo I hope my water isn't about to break, I remember a similar feel and sound when it did break. 
  • Feet are swollen and hurt SO bad today :( Ugh and peeing ALL the time!! Thankfully she is not kicking me in the ribs at the moment or that would just be icing on the cake. 
  • @Burrberrymum i had the same thought when I heard it the first time and I had just been complaining about being done with pregnancy. i definitely had an "oh shit just kidding! stay in there baby!" moment haha
  • So along with the contractions that actually make it very difficult to walk, I just lost my mucus plug. Who wants to see a picture? JK that's gross and I didn't photograph it, but I did text my friend that Virginia just blew her nose. I'm thinking baby girl will be here really soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DrillSergeantCat bahaha. Thank you for not sharing a picture ;) I know YOU know better then that. Hah. Oh man! I hope for your sake she makes her arrival soon!! The worst is when it seems like it'll be soon but then the little boogers keep you waiting for weeks anyway! Keep us updated!!
  • @kjd291 nice choice of the word "boogers" lol

@DrillSergeantCat i hope baby comes sooner than later, if that's what you want haha
  • @DrillSergeantCat good luck!
    i got my hair done yesterday and my stylist told me the baby is sucking the life out of my hair - it's so dry and the ends are breaking off. She told me I need to eat more healthy fats and oils. Anyone else have dry hair?
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @DrillSergeantCat YES!  I have been having true contractions (painful ones, the kind that wake you up out of a dead sleep ).  I was worried that I was crazy until my Dr. confirmed that I am starting to dilate already too.  Its early (34w3d) so I know I can walk around with random contractions and dilating slowly for WEEKS before things get real, but DAMN.  Its equally as exciting as it is scary, right?  With DD1 I didn't even dilate until the DAY I was actually in labor so I don't know how to deal with this random true contraction craziness.  
  • @korpisar my everything is dry!  I eyelashes are brittle & broke on my pillow a few weeks ago :(
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsBinPA oh my gosh!!! Now I'm frantically checking my eyelashes!!! :)
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Hmmm, I'd been feeling cramps here and there, but because they don't last long I assumed they were gas pains or something. Now starting to wonder if they're contractions too? Although I feel mine towards the front, not towards my back. 

For STMs, how would you actually describe what contractions feel like? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie with my first my water broke before I felt any contractions and when I did, they felt like menstrual cramps. With my second, I was induced and those just felt like hell. So I'm nervous this time because I still don't know what's real and what's false. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Woke up writhing and crying in pain last night with the worst Charlie horse ever! DH mumbled something and promptly fell back asleep - good to know he's concerned :p I hope he's more rousable if D-Day starts in the nighttime 
  • @npaulie it seems to me that everyone experiences contractions differently. the general consensus seems to be tension from the back that radiates around and feels like crazy menstrual cramps. once mine finally started after being on pit, they felt like my legs were trying to be snapped off my body by my hip like you would a barbie. NOT what i was expecting! really hoping this time around i get menstrual cramp contractions haha
  • @npaulie BH contractions (I didn't feel with my first) to me feels like my whole tummy having a Charlie horse -tightens a little into a ball- with no pain.  
    I was induced last time, and skipped the slow part and immediately popped into intense transition labor which felt more like what gators said--all in my back and hips, so even as a STM I have no idea what to expect this go around with natural start to labor contractions 
  • hippiemama-2hippiemama-2 member
    edited January 2017
    @npaulie like @gators&amp;bosox said - for me they start in my back, then wrap around to the front. When they're minor or early, it's comparable to super strong menstural cramps. Once things progress further ... eh I don't have an appropriate description. I assure you it's like nothing you've ever felt before though so you will know. 
  • npaulie said:
    Hmmm, I'd been feeling cramps here and there, but because they don't last long I assumed they were gas pains or something. Now starting to wonder if they're contractions too? Although I feel mine towards the front, not towards my back. 

For STMs, how would you actually describe what contractions feel like? 
    I had back labor. Contractions felt like someone grabbed my lower back muscles in a clamp and twisted. 

But when they first were inducing me it felt like menstrual cramps, except not as bad as my period cramps always had been. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @npaulie like @gators&amp;bosox said - for me they start in my back, then wrap around to the front. When they're minor or early, it's comparable to super strong menstural cramps. Once things progress further ... eh I don't have an appropriate description. I assure you it's like nothing you've ever felt before though so you will know. 
    I agree. I waited it out at home for awhile to see if it was the real thing (took a shower to see if they would go away, waited a couple of hours before finally waking up my husband). But when they really started up there was no question I was having a contraction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All this talk about contractions makes me just want to get this show on the road! I hate the natural labor waiting game. 
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox yesssss to the constant having to pee! And it taking forever!!!! I feel like everytime I stand up and he repositions I am running to the restroom only to find that less than a ounce of anything will come out!!! I used to use the bathroom a total of 3-4 times a day I don't have time for all this! 
  • A fun new symptom.. I've been waking up in complete panic attacks the last few nights. My belly hurts to toss and turn and I feel super constricted and feel like I can't breathe so I wake up confused and panic for an hour or so. Guys I think I'm working my body too much.. is that a thing? Could this be the body's way of telling me to slow the heck down? 

On another note I was also induced after my water breaking the first time so I went straight from 0 to a crazy 10 on the pain scale in no time. I'm not even sure what the real deal will be like.. but I remember the cramps on oxytocin feeling like major major "need to poop" cramps.. like the type of cramps you get when you break out in pure sweat and need to find a bathroom stat. So now every time I get bad gas cramps I freak out and start timing them lol! Then I realize it's just gas. 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited January 2017
    @Burrberrymum could be over exerting yourself. I also have had this issue and I find that eating more has helped. I try to have a healthy/high protein snack before bed so I don't feel so weak/panicky when I wake in the wee hours. ((Or you could venture to the kitchen for a snack when you feel this way and see if it helps))
  • @kjd291 thank you, I'll try the high protein snack. I didn't think of that! 
  • @Burrberrymum No problem! Really hope that's part of the problem and it helps!! anxiety is no fun.  

I'm on the anxiety train far too often lately. I get anxious about going out in public if I'm alone and not feeling well. Lately I think I have more of these mental symptoms/issues than I do physical! I'm honestly doing really good physically for being so far along. (36wks today)  of course I'm ready to have my body fully back-but I still work out, chase my 17mo old, crawl around on the floor, wrestle diaper changes, etc, etc. but my head is a mess! So ready to have this kid so I can stop worrying about me and get to worrying about the things I can DO something about -- aka taking care of a newborn