April 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 1/16

2»

Re: Randoms 1/16

• Options
    belocin said:
    I need help on the underwear front. Mine aren't cutting it anymore and since I'm a creature of habit, I don't even know where to start. For reference, I'm carrying low with wide hips. Any suggestions for a brand or style that won't roll down thanks to a pregnant belly?

My current ones are atrocious -- ask my husband, oops -- but I just recently purchased some on sale from Destination Maternity. I can't speak to their effectiveness, because I'm saving them for after birth. They are basic briefs, but seem to be low enough not to roll. I also purchased some really high-waisted ones for after birth, and they look amazing. I anticipate wanting to feel pulled in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BabyBlake042017 I wondered the same about the baby socks! my mom was telling me about them but that is steep for a pair of socks.  I'm curious to know what responses you get 
  • Options
    Didn't seem like we have a recent pregnancy symptoms thread so I figured I'd ask here; anyone know if heating pads are ok during pregnancy? I plan on asking my OB in the morning, but my lower back has been killing me ever since I did two back to back 3.5 hour drives over Sunday/Monday and I'm getting desperate for some relief. Tylenol does nothing. 
  • Options
    Oh I guess January Questions would have been better - sorry! 
  • Options
    @Dannylion24 I have a heated mattress pad and use it almost every night.  I don't leave it on for hours at a time but my OB said as long as I don't turn it up too high or keep it on for too long it's okay. 
  • Options
    @Dannylion24 I have been using a heating pad on my back and groin as well. My midwife actually suggested using it on my groin to help with the SPD pain. So, go for it.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Dannylion24 I use a heating pad every night. It's on the lowest setting and shuts off after two hours. I try not to use it too much but it helps a lot.

• Options
    lovelongdog06lovelongdog06 member
    edited January 2017
    @BabyBlake042017 I'd get the actual Tula insert. Tulas are huge...very wide, often still fit two year olds, and have really no structure to speak of in the panel. You really want a young baby to maintain that c curve in the spine. ETA because they're so wide and because it's also important for the fabric to be knee to knee and not beyond, it could take quite a while for baby to grow into without the insert.
  • Options
    Thanks @lovelongdog06 that makes sense. I'll go ahead and get it! 

@Dannylion24 I also use a heating pad on my low back occasionally. I think they are fine on your back since you aren't raising your internal temp. 
  • Options
    @BabyBlake042017 we had a Moby for DS when he was a baby, it was great when he was tiny but we have a nosy baby so he hated it once he got bigger bc he couldn't look around as much. I bought a Tula so I could wear him on my back and he loved it. I still need to by the infant insert for it so I can use it with this one. I just bought a ring sling too, I hear those are really good for when they're still little. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • Options
    @BabyBlake042017 now the babywearing geek in me has to know what Tula print you have!
  • Options
    @lovelongdog06 we got the San Diego zoo one with the lion since DH is from San Diego! 
  • Options
    Ummmm March had a birth two days ago.  
  • Options
    @belocin I had the same problem! The motherhood bikini undies did the trick for me.
  • Options
    I had my first "going into labor" dream.  Umm way to realistic. Nope. Didn't love it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Taylor72 Were they nice over the phone? I never had much luck with them in the past for DS. 
  • Options
    @LaceyRae25 the lady I talked to was super sweet and very helpful