Baby Names

Evalie

(Sorry another post by me today but I didn't want this getting lost in the comments on my other thread. ) 

Thoughts on the name Evalie?
Does it look made up or does it look like a real name?
I think I like it better than Emery. Seems to flow off the tongue better. 

Re: Evalie

• edited January 2017
    I was thinking about names like this the other day... Evalie, Ivalee, Avalie. I think they are all really pretty, but perhaps made up? Lol Not sure...

I do like Evalie better than Emery.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • looks totally made up

and reminds me of everclear...the alcohol
  • My biggest question is - How do you want it pronounced? Is it supposed to sound similar to Everly? If so, I might go with that, since it's more recognizable. Is it supposed to start a long E sound like Eden? I know a little girl named Eva Lee and that's how hers is said. 

Just something to think about to save you frustration down the road from correcting people! Good luck. :)
  • emilyalso said:
    My biggest question is - How do you want it pronounced? Is it supposed to sound similar to Everly? If so, I might go with that, since it's more recognizable. Is it supposed to start a long E sound like Eden? I know a little girl named Eva Lee and that's how hers is said. 

Just something to think about to save you frustration down the road from correcting people! Good luck. :)
    I agree with pronunciation: The E sound and at the end, would it be "lee" or "lye"?
  • It's like a smoosh of Evelyn, Eva, Everly and then trying to be cutesy with the ie

• It looks made up. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • It looks made up. As far as made up names go, it isn't bad, but it still looks made up and very similar to a lot of other names.
  • Yeah the problem is I know people with Everlys and Evelyns so those are out.
    I pronounce it as Ev and as "Lee" like Kylie or Natalie. When I googled the name, it seems to be mentioned quite a bit (but more so as Evalee) so I thought it was a real name lol 
    Thanks for feedback
  • What about Ainsley?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @laurenm2123 I honestly don't even know how to pronounce that. Ans-ley? Or like Aim? 
  • @laurenm2123 I honestly don't even know how to pronounce that. Ans-ley? Or like Aim? 
    Like aim with an N, I think it's a good compromise with all the ley names because it's not made up or a smush name
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
    Like aim with an N, I think it's a good compromise with all the ley names because it's not made up or a smush name

My daughter's name is Ainsley, pronounced like "aim" with an N, and I think it's a great suggestion (of course). I agree with everything @laurenm2123 said about the name. It's real, and it's not a smush name. I've received almost nothing but positivity about it since she was born (a couple of negative comments, but whatever...I think you'll get that with most any name). I think we've only had 1-2 pronunciation issues. 

• It looks made up. I don't know why but seeing the "Eva" before "lie" makes me think it should be pronounced Eve-a-lee not Ev-a-Lee. 

• My brain is defaulting this pronunciation to be like "evaluation" e-val-e.
    I like it though
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Yeah, I'm not a fan of this name.  I keep pronouncing it as 'ev-ah-lee', like someone with a thick Boston accent trying to say Everly.  

Or Marky Mark's misspelling of 'forever'.

• I agree it sounds like Evilly. The suggestions of Everly and Ainsley are nice- unique, but not weird.

• Totally made up. Just use Eva, Evelyn or if you want a "lie" on the end, use Rosalie, Amelie, Coralie, Marilee.