July 2017 Moms

What are you eating...

Now that we are for the most part past the worst of the morning sickness, what is everyone eating? Cravings/aversions?

Re: What are you eating...

• Loading the player...
  • Had a huge craving for dumplings last night - got some soup ones, so good!
  • I just had baked veggie pakoras dipped in raita. Super tasty and a bit healthier than regular fried pakoras dipped in tamarind sauce. I'm obsessed with Indian food in general at the moment. 
  • Chips, all the potato chips. I'm trying to stop myself but it isn't easy. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I've been eating a giant ball of mozzarella di buffalo like every other day. Tonight I mixed salad greens, couscous, olives, feta with olive oil and a dash of Maggi. 

Been snacking on bananas with PB and sometimes honey, and crackers and hummus.

DH bought pomegranate seeds the other day. Added them and blueberries to Greek yogurt. Mmmm!
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    morgarita said:
    Still cheeseburgers. Only cheeseburgers. 
    Last pregnancy I ate so many McDonald's cheeseburgers I joked that if I ended up giving birth to a cheeseburger I would not be shocked. This time, same thing. It's like I only like cheeseburgers pregnant...
    Haha I don't feel so bad now!! I swear that's all I ate for like a week. Now all I ever want is chips and salsa!
  • Cravings: Onions. I want onions on EVERYTHING! Cooked, raw, microwaved, any way I can get them in my mouth. I had an entire onion pan fried with olive oil and salt in a bowl for dinner the past week and a half. Tonight I added some brussel sprouts. But it was 99% onion. 

Aversions: coffee. Oh god coffee. and this is coming from a woman who stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for an iced latte every single day for 5 years. Well at least 6 days a week. Now the thought makes me wanna puke! 
  • I've had a thing for pineapple for the past few weeks... and this week I bought some ripe sliced mango from the grocery store that was AMAZING.  Now I'm craving salted caramel frozen yogurt from 16 handles with oreo cookie pieces, waffle cone pieces, and fudge. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I REALLY wish watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe was in season, all I want is melon. But I've eating lots of kiwi and halo tangerines and I agree with pp, mango slices are HEAVEN. Also still on the spaghetti kick with newman's own sockarooni sauce. Made yellow cupcakes with milk chocolate frosting and ate like 6 of them. I swear I had intentions of sharing. Still might. Maybe not :smiley:
  • I'm finally enjoying salads again... salads were my favorite meal before, then they went out the window for awhile. I could eat a cobb salad for every meal. I make a healthier version at home - just a drizzle of bleu cheese dressing (omg so good I wish I could have actual bleu cheese) instead of drenching it, turkey bacon instead of bacon, etc. It's my favorite. My sweet tooth has also come back so I have to try to watch my sugar a bit. I'm still having dessert every night but trying not to overdo it. GIMME ALL THE CHOCOLATE.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • kerils said:
    Chips, all the potato chips. I'm trying to stop myself but it isn't easy. 
    @kerils - Same here but I really crave sour cream and onion chips
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Lol @virginiaunicorn11 do people in the US know what Maggi is? I've never seen it outside of ze tschermany :)

I'm still all about the cheddar cheese. And Thai food (but that's my baseline).
  • Cravings: Onions. I want onions on EVERYTHING! Cooked, raw, microwaved, any way I can get them in my mouth. I had an entire onion pan fried with olive oil and salt in a bowl for dinner the past week and a half. Tonight I added some brussel sprouts. But it was 99% onion. 

Aversions: coffee. Oh god coffee. and this is coming from a woman who stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for an iced latte every single day for 5 years. Well at least 6 days a week. Now the thought makes me wanna puke! 
    @nktrodden826 OMG! I could finally tolerate coffee again at 12 weeks. Longest 12 weeks of my life with no coffee and a toddler!!
  • I wish I could say that I've been eating lots of healthy meals and tons of veg. Sadly, that's not the case. I mostly eat bagels and fruit, and I've had a few veggie smoothies. I still can't eat chicken, fish, or dairy. I feeel so guilty for not eating better for the baby, but I'm struggling. 
  • Buffalo Chicken Wraps, broccoli with Hollandaise sauce, Caesar salad and popcorn.   If I could eat only those things I would be happy.  I don't have any aversions but food doesn't excite me unless it's those things.
  • I want an Indian buffet so damn bad but DH hates Indian food. Also berries mostly raspberries, queso and chips, fried foods but I'm gluten free so thankfully (or not) I can't really readily indulge on that. Cheese- cheese everywhere. I always love cheese but it's a new level of love now. I am able to have salad again as of a few weeks ago which I have for lunch 4 days a week and chicken breast sometimes again. And steak...mmm. Also been stuffing my face with cherrios randomly which are gluten free unfortunately. Stupid carb cravings. Also pickles. 

Still hating on coffee but that was the same as last time. Not enjoying many veggies especially cooked but forcing myself. Also same as last time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I finally made my buffalo chicken casserole that I've been craving!

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @mj8215 you can get Maggi in the US. My step grandparents were from Germany so it was a staple in our house.

Give me all the marinated artichoke hearts! All day long I eat them. Have also been making myself an over medium  egg sandwich with cheese and ketchup every am. For my something good sweet those Sunkist Fruit Gems. I have been making wraps for lunch and added a baby kale blend for the greens, it makes me feel healthier.

• I craved pizza today, I've been craving salads the past few days, and I've been able to add veggies and my protein powder back to my smoothies this week. I've been craving citrus Too. The home we are renting til our house is built has 4 different orange trees and a lemon tree in the backyard. Yum! 
    my last pregnancy I needed baked potatoes daily for weeks, like I'd eat 2 or 3 throughout the day. Wondering if that will come around this time. 
  • My mother loves tomatoes but couldn't eat them when pregnant with me, or she got horrible heartburn. And I have hated hated hated tomatoes since "birth!"  However when I am pregnant, I really like tomatoes on sandwiches. So weird.

@nktrodden826 Funny about the onions! I normally like them but can't stand them when pregnant. I used to drink 3 cups of coffee/day (and had to cut myself off after that, but would've loved more).  Now, I lose interest after half a cup. 
  • I crave tofu.  I normally like tofu anyway, but right now, it's the only protein i want to eat.  Tofu in whatever form--fried, in salads, in curry, etc.  

I also want really juicy fruit--clementines, watermelon (though not in season), grapefruit.  

In contrast, I cannot stand the smell of cooking beef.  I can tolerate eating beef as long as I can't smell it.  So stews are okay.  Beef fajitas, steak, or burgers... nope.  
  • MrsN092714MrsN092714 member
    edited January 2017
    I've been craving. Granny Smith apples... but they have to be cold...
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• JAM85 said:
    I want an Indian buffet so damn bad but DH hates Indian food. Also berries mostly raspberries, queso and chips, fried foods but I'm gluten free so thankfully (or not) I can't really readily indulge on that. Cheese- cheese everywhere. I always love cheese but it's a new level of love now. I am able to have salad again as of a few weeks ago which I have for lunch 4 days a week and chicken breast sometimes again. And steak...mmm. Also been stuffing my face with cherrios randomly which are gluten free unfortunately. Stupid carb cravings. Also pickles. 

Still hating on coffee but that was the same as last time. Not enjoying many veggies especially cooked but forcing myself. Also same as last time. 
    I'm gluten free too and have been for 6+ years now- I live in DC but we have a restaurant chain called Legal Seafoods there are 3-4 in Virginia but I think others around the country.. You should google they have THE MOST INCREDIBLE fried and battered GF foods. Fish and chips and onion rings have been my go to! 
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    edited January 2017
    @nktrodden826. Ahhh yes we've been trying to think of the name. We used to live on Nantucket and visit Boston and went to one and I had the GF stuffed lobster and think about it all the time. Ugh now I want it SO bad!! I live in NC maybe a trip is in order...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My cravings are really all over the place.  Jimmy Johns, hot cheetos, tomatoes, spaghetti-os  and strawberry milk are big ones though.  Also buffalo wings, but not the ones fried in a bunch of batter with no meat. 

Aversions: any chicken besides wings. Eggs. Bread. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Crab legs, and even though my morning sickness is mostly gone I have no real appetite and after I eat I usually feel "off". So I had a craving, ate two pounds of crab legs and then felt so sick I don't trust myself to eat them anymore :/ 

I wish I had an appetite. And now all I can think of is crab legs. 
  • My cravings are really all over the place.  Jimmy Johns, hot cheetos, tomatoes, spaghetti-os  and strawberry milk are big ones though.  Also buffalo wings, but not the ones fried in a bunch of batter with no meat. 

Aversions: any chicken besides wings. Eggs. Bread. 
    The chicken and eggs are totally me. I can deal with the chicken if it's smothered in a sauce and has lost all chickeniness and eggs are ok as long as I don't cook them (i.e., already cooked in a breakfast sandwich I just have to warm up). The thought of buying chicken grosses me out. And, of course, most healthy recipes have chicken in them. :(
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I've been craving all the fruit.  And something with tomatoes at least once a week.  

Chicken is hard though.  I went to an amazing Cuban restaurant yesterday and ate all the rice, beans and plantains and barely touched the entree.  (Everything else tasted soooo good.  The chicken?  Meh.)
  • Low sodium V8.  I bought some on a whim because my appetite had decreased I was worried I wasn't getting enough fruits and veggies (even though that's pretty much all I wanted to eat) and damn, it was so good, I had another glass.  In one weekend, I drank an entire bottle!  

Probably the thing I want the most is sandwiches, which I didn't generally eat before getting KU, so that is weird for me.  Hard thing is not eating processed lunch meats and finding ones without nitrates...and since I want all my food cold, a hot sandwich just doesn't sound good.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @JAM85 and @ams512:

i've live during here for too long and have completely forgotten about Indian buffets and crawfish. Oh my god, now I want it so bad....
  • Today is girl scout cookies.  Lol but as for cravings is been jalapeño flavored things. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ams512 yes ma'am- king cake gallore! If your cravings get really bad you can order them and have them next day shipped from Rouses or Sucre. I send one to my niece and nephew every year- they get such a kick out of finding the baby in the cake. Also, our friends are doing a huge crawfish boil next weekend so I'll eat some crawfish in your honor.